Sore Losers and meltdowns

PatGund

Post by PatGund » Fri Nov 09, 2012 9:19 am

(LibertarianRepublican.net 7 November 2012) [link]The end of liberty in America: Only course of action now is to fight back, electoral politics not working,http://www.libertarianrepublican.net/20 ... -only.html[/link]"However, for me, I'm choosing another rather unique path; a personal boycott, if you will. Starting early this morning, I am going to un-friend every single individual on Facebook who voted for Obama, or I even suspect may have Democrat leanings. I will do the same in person. All family and friends, even close family and friends, who I know to be Democrats are hereby dead to me. I vow never to speak to them again for the rest of my life, or have any communications with them. They are in short, the enemies of liberty. They deserve nothing less than hatred and utter contempt.I strongly urge all other libertarians to do the same. Are you married to someone who voted for Obama, have a girlfriend who voted 'O'. Divorce them. Break up with them without haste. Vow not to attend family functions, Thanksgiving dinner or Christmas for example, if there will be any family members in attendance who are Democrats.Do you work for someone who voted for Obama? Quit your job. Co-workers who voted for Obama. Simply don't talk to them in the workplace, unless your boss instructs you too for work-related only purposes. Have clients who voted Democrat? Call them up this morning and tell them to take their business elsewhere.Have a neighbor who votes for Obama? You could take a crap on their lawn. Then again, probably not a good idea since it would be technically illegal to do this. But you could have your dog take care of business. Not your fault if he just happens to choose that particular spot."

Hektor

Post by Hektor » Fri Nov 09, 2012 9:32 am

Because surrounding yourself only with people who agree with your worldview didn't have any bearing on why so many R-leaning pundits were predicting a Romney landslide. This guy's commitment to democracy is touching. He really feels entitled to the Presidency doesn't he? Personally I hope a left-leaning Democrat saves his miserable life at some point. He'd miss the point I'm sure though.

verbalobe

Post by verbalobe » Fri Nov 09, 2012 9:39 am

This guy is not taking things nearly far enough.

Receive a Social Security check from a fund shared by, or administered by, Democrats? Rip it up. Need medical care that will be paid in any part by Democrats' taxes? Forgo it. Drive on public roads? Stay home. Writing posts on an Internet subsidized by public (including liberals') dollars? Unplug (please!).

Freedom protected by soldiers who voted for Obama? Move to North Korea.

PatGund

Post by PatGund » Fri Nov 09, 2012 9:40 am

Projection much Turd Blossom??(Raw Story, 8 November 2012) [link]Karl Rove: Obama ‘succeeded by suppressing the vote’,http://www.rawstory.com/rs/2012/11/08/k ... -the-vote/[/link]"During an appearance on Fox News, Rove claimed that Obama had not gotten more people to vote for him, compared to 2008. Instead, Obama successfully retained his 2008 supporters and convinced voters not to cast their ballots for his Republican challenger Mitt Romney.“He succeeded by suppressing the vote, by saying to people, ‘You may not like who I am and I know you can’t bring yourself to vote for me, but I’m going to paint this other guy as simply a rich guy who only cares about himself,’” he said.But Rove didn’t provide evidence that Obama had prevented anyone from voting, only that his campaign had convinced Americans not to vote for Romney.“Fifty-three percent in the exit polls said on Election Day that Mitt Romney’s policies would only help the rich,” he continued. “And they voted for Obama by a 9 to 1 margin. Of the 21 percent of the electorate who said that the most important characteristic in a president was that he cares about people like me, they voted for President Obama by almost a 9 to 1 margin. They effectively denigrated Mitt Romney’s character, business acumen, business experience and made him unworthy.”

Whatever4

Post by Whatever4 » Fri Nov 09, 2012 1:03 pm

Projection much Turd Blossom??(Raw Story, 8 November 2012) [link]Karl Rove: Obama ‘succeeded by suppressing the vote’,http://www.rawstory.com/rs/2012/11/08/k ... -the-vote/[/link]"During an appearance on Fox News, Rove claimed that Obama had not gotten more people to vote for him, compared to 2008. Instead, Obama successfully retained his 2008 supporters and convinced voters not to cast their ballots for his Republican challenger Mitt Romney.“He succeeded by suppressing the vote, by saying to people, ‘You may not like who I am and I know you can’t bring yourself to vote for me, but I’m going to paint this other guy as simply a rich guy who only cares about himself,’” he said.[highlight]But Rove didn’t provide evidence that Obama had prevented anyone from voting, only that his campaign had convinced Americans not to vote for Romney.[/highlight]“Fifty-three percent in the exit polls said on Election Day that Mitt Romney’s policies would only help the rich,” he continued. “And they voted for Obama by a 9 to 1 margin. Of the 21 percent of the electorate who said that the most important characteristic in a president was that he cares about people like me, they voted for President Obama by almost a 9 to 1 margin. They effectively denigrated Mitt Romney’s character, business acumen, business experience and made him unworthy.”Does anyone really fall for this drivel? Isn't that what campaigns do? If his candidate can't overcome the opposition's portrayal of his candidate, it's not Obama's fault, it's Rove's. Romney's a businessman. That's Marketing 101.

"[Moderate] doesn't mean you don't have views. It just means your views aren't predictable ideologically one way or the other, and you're trying to follow the facts where they lead and reach your own conclusions."
-- Sen. King (R-ME)

Addie

Post by Addie » Fri Nov 09, 2012 1:12 pm

[link]HuffPo,http://www.huffingtonpost.com/2012/11/0 ... f=politics[/link]

Peter Morrison, Texas GOP Official, Calls For 'Amicable Divorce' From 'Maggots' Who Voted For Obama

As some Republicans continue to cope with the prospect of another four years under President Barack Obama, a Texas GOP official is floating a simple way out: cleaving his state from the union.

Peter Morrison, treasurer of the Hardin County Republican Party, wrote a column in the post-election edition of his Tea Party newsletter this week calling for an "amicable divorce" from the U.S., the [link]Fort Worth Star-Telegram reports,http://www.star-telegram.com/2012/11/08 ... wants.html[/link].

"Why should Vermont and Texas live under the same government?" he wrote. "Let each go her own way."

Morrison went on to express anger at the "maggots" who backed Obama, specifically calling out non-white voters, whom he accused of voting for the president on an "ethnic basis." :roll:

¡Sterngard! come home.

SueDB

Post by SueDB » Fri Nov 09, 2012 1:14 pm

[link]HuffPo,http://www.huffingtonpost.com/2012/11/0 ... f=politics[/link]

Peter Morrison, Texas GOP Official, Calls For 'Amicable Divorce' From 'Maggots' Who Voted For Obama

As some Republicans continue to cope with the prospect of another four years under President Barack Obama, a Texas GOP official is floating a simple way out: cleaving his state from the union.

Peter Morrison, treasurer of the Hardin County Republican Party, wrote a column in the post-election edition of his Tea Party newsletter this week calling for an "amicable divorce" from the U.S., the [link]Fort Worth Star-Telegram reports,http://www.star-telegram.com/2012/11/08 ... wants.html[/link].

"Why should Vermont and Texas live under the same government?" he wrote. "Let each go her own way."

Morrison went on to express anger at the "maggots" who backed Obama, specifically calling out non-white voters, whom he accused of voting for the president on an "ethnic basis." :roll:

Sayyyyy Doesn't Texas get more money from the Gobmint than they pay out to the Feds???? :-k :-k

“If You're Not In The Obit, Eat Breakfast”

Remember, Orly NEVAH disappoints!

SueDB

Post by SueDB » Fri Nov 09, 2012 1:17 pm

Guess it is very close on money in out....oops.

MsDaisy

Post by MsDaisy » Fri Nov 09, 2012 1:17 pm

(LibertarianRepublican.net 7 November 2012) [link]The end of liberty in America: Only course of action now is to fight back, electoral politics not working,http://www.libertarianrepublican.net/20 ... -only.html[/link]"I am going to un-friend every single individual on Facebook who voted for Obama, or I even suspect may have Democrat leanings. I will do the same in person. All family and friends, even close family and friends, who I know to be Democrats are hereby dead to me. I vow never to speak to them again for the rest of my life, or have any communications with them. They are in short, the enemies of liberty. They deserve nothing less than hatred and utter contempt."I'm sure his friends will be seriously disappointed. May he enjoy his solitude. :roll:

Birfers are toast

SueDB

Post by SueDB » Fri Nov 09, 2012 1:24 pm

(LibertarianRepublican.net 7 November 2012) [link]The end of liberty in America: Only course of action now is to fight back, electoral politics not working,http://www.libertarianrepublican.net/20 ... -only.html[/link]"I am going to un-friend every single individual on Facebook who voted for Obama, or I even suspect may have Democrat leanings. I will do the same in person. All family and friends, even close family and friends, who I know to be Democrats are hereby dead to me. I vow never to speak to them again for the rest of my life, or have any communications with them. They are in short, the enemies of liberty. They deserve nothing less than hatred and utter contempt."I'm sure his friends will be seriously disappointed. May he enjoy his solitude. :roll:Ah yes, the ever dwindling circle of "friends". Really trying to insulate his echo chamber. Pretty soon he will be sitting in front of the TV, watching Faux news, and vigorously trying to clean the copious spittle from his monitor. Kinda like No Neck Nancy.

neonzx

Post by neonzx » Fri Nov 09, 2012 1:36 pm

[link]Utah company blames Pres. Obama for 102 workers laid off,http://www.ksl.com/?sid=22890041&nid=14 ... featured-4[/link]EAST CARBON, Carbon County — A Utah coal company owned by a vocal critic of President Barack Obama has laid off 102 miners.The layoffs at the West Ridge Mine are effective immediately, according to UtahAmerican Energy Inc., a subsidiary of Murray Energy Corp. They were announced in a short statement made public Thursday, two days after Obama won re-election.The layoffs are necessary because of the president's "war on coal," the statement said. The slogan is one used frequently during the election by Murray Energy CEO Robert Murray, who was an ardent supporter of Republican presidential candidate Mitt Romney.Fox is pimping this story with this headline:[link]OBAMA REELECTION TRIGGERS MASSIVE LAYOFFS ACROSS AMERICA,http://nation.foxnews.com/2012-presiden ... ss-america[/link]102 is "massive"?

borealis

Post by borealis » Fri Nov 09, 2012 1:48 pm

I say call Morrison's bluff. Texas must repay all federal monies it has received, including any civil war reparations and FEMA costs. The US will withdraw any troops, dismantle all military installations,move NASA, and remove any SORs and figure a way to keep any refineries under US control. He sounds like one of those old southern Blowhards who thought they could secede because of King Cotton. If he thinks the oil industry will keep it afloat, he has another thought coming. A world wide embargo might put an end to his pipe dream. Texas I doubt can be economically self-sufficient. JK.

mimi

Post by mimi » Fri Nov 09, 2012 1:54 pm

Projection much Turd Blossom??(Raw Story, 8 November 2012) [link]Karl Rove: Obama ‘succeeded by suppressing the vote’,http://www.rawstory.com/rs/2012/11/08/k ... -the-vote/[/link]"During an appearance on Fox News, Rove claimed that Obama had not gotten more people to vote for him, compared to 2008. Instead, Obama successfully retained his 2008 supporters and convinced voters not to cast their ballots for his Republican challenger Mitt Romney.“He succeeded by suppressing the vote, by saying to people, ‘You may not like who I am and I know you can’t bring yourself to vote for me, but I’m going to paint this other guy as simply a rich guy who only cares about himself,’” he said.[highlight]But Rove didn’t provide evidence that Obama had prevented anyone from voting, only that his campaign had convinced Americans not to vote for Romney.[/highlight]“Fifty-three percent in the exit polls said on Election Day that Mitt Romney’s policies would only help the rich,” he continued. “And they voted for Obama by a 9 to 1 margin. Of the 21 percent of the electorate who said that the most important characteristic in a president was that he cares about people like me, they voted for President Obama by almost a 9 to 1 margin. They effectively denigrated Mitt Romney’s character, business acumen, business experience and made him unworthy.”Does anyone really fall for this drivel? Isn't that what campaigns do? If his candidate can't overcome the opposition's portrayal of his candidate, it's not Obama's fault, it's Rove's. Romney's a businessman. That's Marketing 101.Yes.It's about diluting the term. If he refers to that as 'voter suppression', then he has successfully weakened the upcoming arguments about real voter suppression.

borealis

Post by borealis » Fri Nov 09, 2012 1:56 pm

[link]Utah company blames Pres. Obama for 102 workers laid off,http://www.ksl.com/?sid=22890041&nid=14 ... featured-4[/link]EAST CARBON, Carbon County — A Utah coal company owned by a vocal critic of President Barack Obama has laid off 102 miners.The layoffs at the West Ridge Mine are effective immediately, according to UtahAmerican Energy Inc., a subsidiary of Murray Energy Corp. They were announced in a short statement made public Thursday, two days after Obama won re-election.The layoffs are necessary because of the president's "war on coal," the statement said. The slogan is one used frequently during the election by Murray Energy CEO Robert Murray, who was an ardent supporter of Republican presidential candidate Mitt Romney.Fox is pimping this story with this headline:[link]OBAMA REELECTION TRIGGERS MASSIVE LAYOFFS ACROSS AMERICA,http://nation.foxnews.com/2012-presiden ... ss-america[/link]102 is "massive"?Murray Energy was just ordered to pay $1.7 million in fines for having unsafe work conditions. The owner is trying to distract the public from the fact it was his company whose subsidiary saw 7 miners killed a couple of years ago. The owner is strategically trying to blame the president's policies for its failure to protect its miners. by laying off its employees now. It had already announced these layoffs in early August.

listeme

Post by listeme » Fri Nov 09, 2012 2:03 pm

Yes.It's about diluting the term. If he refers to that as 'voter suppression', then he has successfully weakened the upcoming arguments about real voter suppression.Exactly. That's why it needs to be pushed back against (among other reasons).

We're used to being told it's our fault that men don't listen to us.

esseff44

Post by esseff44 » Fri Nov 09, 2012 2:21 pm

Karl Rove is being Karl Rove. He's playing by the Karl Rove playbook and he's very upset that his plans didn't work so well. What he does works up to a point and that point was reached. You can fool only just so many people all the time. He counts on the captive audience of Fox News to soak up his mind bending views of reality. He is a master. It's horrifying that it works on so many, but it does. What can be done about that? This is the real question.His ploy is to take a negative like 'voter suppression' and twist it around and apply it falsely to the opposition to voter suppression.Yes, the Obama campaigned painted Romney as a rich out of touch vulture capitalist. He used Romney's own words, the things Romney bragged about endlessly and facts supplied by Romney to paint the picture. The Obama campaign did not make things up or edit Romney speeches and statements to say the opposite of what he really said. Romney defeated Romney. Not Sandy. Not OFA. Not Obama. No, it was Romney. No body else. Just about everybody knew it before the campaign started. It does go back to the much replayed video of Ann Coulter saying that if the GOP did not nominate Chris Christie, that Romney would be the nominee and he would lose. She wasn't possessed by any special prophetic insight. It was the plain large writing across the wall. Nobody wanted Romney. They just didn't have anybody else that was any more presentable who could pass the acid tea party tests and still appeal to moderates.Karl is not able to capture the moderates. The more he intensifies his attacks ads and dirty tricks, the more will alienate moderates.

mimi

Post by mimi » Fri Nov 09, 2012 2:42 pm

Fox is pimping this story with this headline:[link]OBAMA REELECTION TRIGGERS MASSIVE LAYOFFS ACROSS AMERICA,http://nation.foxnews.com/2012-presiden ... ss-america[/link]102 is "massive"?ahhhh. They are scanning all the news for layoffs and posting them at that link.A shame they aren't scanning for hirings.Safeway Commits to Hiring 1,000 Veterans in 2013 and Launches Fundraiser for Veterans[/break1]sacbee.com/2012/11/09/4973666/safeway-commits-to-hiring-1000.html]http://www.sacbee.com/2012/11/09/497366 ... -1000.html When it comes to hiring vets, Coke is 'The Real Thing'With a salute to Veterans Day, the Coca-Cola Company welcomes more than 800 of our nation's heroes to the Midtown-based company that "refreshes the world." [/break1]patch.com/articles/when-it-comes-to-hiring-veterans-coke-is-the-real-thing]http://midtown.patch.com/articles/when- ... real-thingA lot of hiring going on. A lot of veterans. Employers planning to claim an expanded tax credit for hiring certain veterans should act soon, according to the IRS. Many businesses may qualify to receive thousands of dollars through the Work Opportunity Tax Credit, but only if the veteran begins work before the new year.Here are six key facts about the WOTC as expanded by VOW to Hire Heroes Act of 2011.Hiring Deadline: Employers may be able to claim the expanded WOTC for qualified veterans who begin work on or after Nov. 22, 2011, but before Jan. 1, 2013.[/break1]connecticutplus.com/cplus/information/news/Business_21/IRS-Employers-hiring-veterans-by-year-s-end-may-get-expanded-tax-credit1860618606.shtml]http://www.connecticutplus.com/cplus/in ... 8606.shtmlAnyway, Fox just needs to highlight the negative.

A Legal Lohengrin

Post by A Legal Lohengrin » Fri Nov 09, 2012 2:46 pm

Karl Rove is frantic because he sold millionaires and billionaires on his "American Crossroads" scam, which is apparently now his pet cash cow. All or almost all of the candidates he backed failed utterly. I believe most of the Republican Rape Gang were in his stable of candidates. Basically, he took hundreds of millions, maybe billions of rich people's money and flushed it down the toilet in an utter failure.So he has to convince these people that a bunch of other things, like the weather, are to blame, and that they should really give him a few more billion to flush down the toilet. So I can understand his desperate rationalizations. He has a scam to save. I just don't understand why anyone believes the bullshit of this puffy-faced little maggot.

esseff44

Post by esseff44 » Fri Nov 09, 2012 2:46 pm

Knowing the way Murrray operates, they will lay off a few miners and say it's because of Obama and quietly hire them back after Christmas or even before. He's like something out of Dickens novel.

Mr. Gneiss

Post by Mr. Gneiss » Fri Nov 09, 2012 2:59 pm

Murray Energy is an abomination! The "seismic bump" at the Crandall Canyon Mine in 2007 was anything but a naturally occurring event. Here is why Murray is so mad....he was heavily [at least by industry standards] fined for the lack of safety in the mine.

http://www.dol.gov/opa/media/press/msha ... J1W5WcSRhE

Basically, the company did not leave enough coal in situ to maintain the structural integrity of the mine. Coal occurs in seams, often "sandwiched" between two sandstone beds. Modern underground coal mining is usually done by the longwall method. Some of the coal is left behind to act as support columns [mining term is pillar] for the sandstone back [the mining term for roof is back]. Murray Energy did not comply with generally accepted standards for structural support. They purposely chose to mine the coal and subject their employees to danger because leaving coal behind cut into the company's profit. The miners were robbing the coal pillars as they worked their way out of the mined-out area when the roof collapsed on them. The MSHA employee was attempting to get to the miners as part of the rescue attempt when a rock burst killed him and two other rescuers. The bodies of the six non-union coal miners were never recovered.

Part of my surveying practice is underground surveying. Under the Mine Heath Safety Act (MSHA) I am required to have 40 hours of safety training specific to underground mine hazards. I must complete an 8-hour safety refresher each year. The folks that I get my training from are mostly retired MSHA employees. The Crandall Canyon Mine disaster was part of my 8-hour refresher course because some of the instructors had participated in the accident review done by MSHA. This is a very sad situation where the Bush Administration was pressured by Murray to get the MSHA management to approve the risky plan. Murray initially tried to deflect blame for the "accident" by blaming it on an earthquake. The USGS did note a small earthquake at the time of the accident. The "earthquake" recorded by the USGS was in fact the mine collapse!

A reputable news outlet would have captioned the headline as, 102 workers saved from working in unsafe mine(s)!!!!!!

I would never personally step into a Murray Energy, Corp. mine. No way in hell.

PatGund

Post by PatGund » Fri Nov 09, 2012 3:51 pm

(Raw Story, 8 November 2012) [link]Family Research Council calls for ‘civil disobedience’ to block same sex marriages,http://www.rawstory.com/rs/2012/11/08/f ... marriages/[/link]"The senior vice president of the Family Research Council (FRC) said on Wednesday that the civil disobedience may be necessary to prevent same sex marriages after voters in several states approved marriage equality.In an special broadcast titled “Election 2012: Aftermath & Aftershocks,” FRC president Tony Perkins told Senior Vice President Tom McClusky that LGBT marriage rights were still “morally wrong” even though pro marriage eqaulity measures passed in Maine, Maryland and Washington. Voters in Minnesota also defeated a proposed amendment to codify marriage discrimination in the state’s constitution.“The people can vote on it — it’s the first time we’ve seen that [pass] — courts can rule on it, but I don’t think you can violate natural law and force Americans to recognize it as morally right,” Perkins explained.“I think the term for a lot of things over the next four years, civil disobedience is going to come into play,” McClusky agreed."Also(Right Wing Watch 7 November 2012) [link]Family Research Council Licks its Wounds after Election Pummeling,http://www.rightwingwatch.org/content/f ... s-election[/link]"Garlow, who prior to the election warned that an Obama second term will make America “unrecognizable” and “forever gone,” said that Christians should now expect immense persecution from the government, and Meadows called for Christians to emulate Gideon’s army and remember that “our God will not be mocked.”

MN-Skeptic

Post by MN-Skeptic » Fri Nov 09, 2012 4:39 pm

Rove was in charge of a heck of a lot of money. I'm curious as to what his salary was for the fine job he did.

MAGA - Morons Are Governing America

Reality Check

Post by Reality Check » Fri Nov 09, 2012 4:41 pm

Has anyone heard from Ed Hale?

"“If you’re not outraged, you’re not paying attention.”

Heather Heyer, November 2016

esseff44

Post by esseff44 » Fri Nov 09, 2012 4:41 pm

It will be very interesting to see what form this civil disobedience will take. It's sounds like he doesn't have a plan and is just trolling for Xtian $$$$$. Mealy-mouth grifter.

DaveMuckey

Post by DaveMuckey » Fri Nov 09, 2012 4:41 pm

Wow! To think that some people criticized the SPLC for naming the FRC a hate organization.

Return to “Presidential Election”