Second Presidential Debate, 9 p.m. Eastern, Oct. 16, Hofstra Univ.

Dr. Kenneth Noisewater

Post by Dr. Kenneth Noisewater » Sun Oct 21, 2012 2:09 pm

snl spoofed the 2nd presidential debate cant find a youtube link but heres a posting of the video[/break1]crooksandliars.com/heather/snl-spoofs-second-presidential-debate]http://videocafe.crooksandliars.com/hea ... ial-debateAnd a darn good spoof it was. It should also be posted in the thread about the debate fakery.My favorite part was when Mitt was bullying Candy and getting more and more aggressive and the Obama character cooly asks, "Is he bothering you, Candy?" That and Romney promising to choke all the birds in the country if it would lower gas prices by even one cent. =))I think my favorite part was when they're talking about fighting each other and tagg stands up and is like "Let me at him dad"

ProudObot

Post by ProudObot » Sun Oct 21, 2012 3:28 pm

snl spoofed the 2nd presidential debate cant find a youtube link but heres a posting of the video[/break1]crooksandliars.com/heather/snl-spoofs-second-presidential-debate]http://videocafe.crooksandliars.com/hea ... ial-debate_____________________________________________________________________________________________________________ :(( :(( :(( I can't get the video 'cause my IPad duzn't like Adobe. I checked SNL on YouTube directly but this wasn't up yet.Also. Too. I needs some help with embedding other people's quotes into a box. Obviously I haven't figured out what to do, so I get around it by using ________________.

ProudObot

Post by ProudObot » Sun Oct 21, 2012 3:33 pm

I just saw that this time (above) the quote did go into its' own box. It never did before, and I don't think I did anything different. What happened? Any ideas from all you smart people?

MaineSkeptic

Post by MaineSkeptic » Sun Oct 21, 2012 3:39 pm

I just saw that this time (above) the quote did go into its' own box. It never did before, and I don't think I did anything different. What happened? Any ideas from all you smart people?I haven't compared your recent post to any older ones, but in general if you respond by clicking the "Quote" button to the upper right of the post you're responding to, the quote box will appear automatically.

If you're trying to insert a quote manually, it's a different process -- insert the passage you want to quote, select it, and use the other quote button, the one in the button bar that looks like this:

http://www.thefogbow.com/forum/styles/a ... /quote.gif

Edit: [fixed to clarify]

ProudObot

Post by ProudObot » Sun Oct 21, 2012 3:44 pm

Thanks, MS. I've used the quote box before, but for some reason it didn't work as it should. I must have done something else to screw it up.

Foggy

Post by Foggy » Sun Oct 21, 2012 3:49 pm

http://i228.photobucket.com/albums/ee23 ... elp.pngThe only one that's different on Fogbow is the Video button. On ours it's an icon of an old-time movie camera. styles/abbcode/images/bbvideo.gif

Hopefully, this will blossom into a snowball.
WWG1WGA

kate520

Post by kate520 » Sun Oct 21, 2012 3:52 pm

There are certain mods driven to distraction by certain people (Not Proud Obot) who quote large blocks of text from other sources without using the quote function. Some mods will go in and add the quote block, thinking that the poster will get the hint, especially when they see how nice it looks in beige. The beige, you see, is a clear indication to others that the poster is quoting somone else and not spouting their own erudition. After oh, a dozen of such hints, apparently the poster is not convinced. Certain mods must now resort to directly asking. PLEASE use the quote function when c&p-ing large blocks from articles.Not directed at Proud Obot, as certain mods indicated above.

DEFEND DEMOCRACY

esseff44

Post by esseff44 » Sun Oct 21, 2012 3:59 pm

Also there is a limit on the number of quotes you can have inside what you want to quote. I forgot the limit but she might have run into that little issue.

ProudObot

Post by ProudObot » Sun Oct 21, 2012 4:00 pm

Thanks Foggy and Kate. I'm still confuzzled though. I just posted something (at 3:51) on the Presidential photos thread, in response to the wonderful video of Michelle that Emma had posted. Again, the tan background didn't appear, although I definitely hit 'quote'. I'll keep trying though. I don't want to totally high jack this thread.
Edit:
esse too. I hadn't seen your response.

Sugar Magnolia

Post by Sugar Magnolia » Sun Oct 21, 2012 4:03 pm

Thanks Foggy and Kate. I'm still confuzzled though. I just posted something (at 3:51) on the Presidential photos thread, in response to the wonderful video of Michelle that Emma had posted. Again, the tan background didn't appear, although I definitely hit 'quote'. I'll keep trying though. I don't want to totally high jack this thread.Make sure to scroll all the way down past the last {/quote} to begin typing so you don't break it. Periodically I forget to do that and it can make things look....ummmm...interesting.

kate520

Post by kate520 » Sun Oct 21, 2012 4:04 pm

When you are in posting mode, if you've done the quote function right it will look like this:

Peter piper picked a peck of pickled peppers. If peter piper picked a peck of pickled peppers, how many peppers did peter piper pick?[ /quote]

But with no spaces [within the brackets] or between brackets and words.

DEFEND DEMOCRACY

Sugar Magnolia

Post by Sugar Magnolia » Sun Oct 21, 2012 4:06 pm

Thanks Foggy and Kate. I'm still confuzzled though. I just posted something (at 3:51) on the Presidential photos thread, in response to the wonderful video of Michelle that Emma had posted. Again, the tan background didn't appear, although I definitely hit 'quote'. I'll keep trying though. I don't want to totally high jack this thread.
Edit:
esse too. I hadn't seen your response.And put your comment between the {edit] and {/edit] things too. The cursor will automatically be there when you hit the edit button, so just start typing and it will show in the box.

Plutodog

Post by Plutodog » Sun Oct 21, 2012 4:12 pm

Off Topic
Surely we have a thread to help folks with the how-to's of TFB that this can all be directed to. 8>
 ! Message from: Foggy
Yeah, but it's out of date: viewtopic.php?f=45&t=1558The trick is, you select the text you want to quote, or add as an edit, or whatever. I gotta do a video about it, one a these days.

The only good Bundy is an Al Bundy.

RTH10260

Post by RTH10260 » Sun Oct 21, 2012 7:42 pm

I don't know what he'll do the third time. But I know what Romney will do: He will simply be more and more of a bully, and hopefully a very angry and frustrated one. And maybe at that point some voters will get a better idea of who that man is.

I'm starting to see this as a "teachable moment."[highlight]"Please proceed, governor."[/highlight]That was a memorable moment of this debate for me. How Romney lost control over the debat format and started challenging Obama, trying to get him into a controversial dialogue, rather than using his two minutes of fame to answer a question from the audience. And then seeing him stagger to gain some line of thaught. ](*,)

Addie

Post by Addie » Sat Nov 02, 2013 1:42 pm

[link]New York Magazine,http://nymag.com/news/features/heileman ... t-2013-11/[/link]

The Intervention

He’d blown the first debate. Now he was on the verge of blowing the second and risking his reelection. In an excerpt from their new book, Double Down, Mark Halperin and John Heilemann describe the moment when a president was talked away from the edge.Bill Clinton's memorable quote: “He’s luckier than a dog with two dicks.”

¡Qué vergüenza!

Dolly

Post by Dolly » Sat Nov 02, 2013 2:14 pm

My 2 cents....Obama could have read Green Eggs and Ham at each debate and I still would have voted for him. :xo

Avatar by Tal Peleg Art of Makeup https://www.facebook.com/TalPelegMakeUp

Return to “Presidential Election”