Lyin' Paul Ryan

mimi

Lyin' Paul Ryan

Post by mimi » Sat Oct 13, 2012 9:35 am

More on that story emma posted above. Isn't this the truth:“I don’t know what’s the bigger sin,” says Tom Perriello, a former Democratic congressman who championed health clinics as a supporter of the Affordable Care Act. “The hypocrisy of asking for funding from a program while seeking to repeal it, or that the Republicans have been so much more committed to hurting the president than to helping people that something as uncontroversial as funding for community health centers must be requested in secret.”And they try to say the money wasn't requested under Obamacare. But it was.UPDATE: Brendan Buck, a spokesperson for the Mitt Romney campaign, responded to this story by claiming that this "grant program was created by President Bush, not Obamacare. This... type of misinformation is what you get from gotcha reporting on liberal blogs." Ryan's letter directly requests money from the HRSA-11-017 New Access Points program announced in August of 2010. This New Access Points grant program that Ryan requested money from is funded fully by the Affordable Care Act, a fact made clear on multiple government websites. The claim that Bush "created" this program is also unfounded. Federally-funded health centers were created through the Public Health Services Act, legislation signed into law by President Franklin Roosevelt in 1944. New Access Point grants have existed well before the Bush administration came to office.[/break1]thenation.com/blog/169757/exclusive-paul-ryan-quietly-requested-obamacare-cash]http://www.thenation.com/blog/169757/ex ... acare-cashor[/break1]theinvestigativefund.org/investigations/politicsandgovernment/1693/paul_ryan_quietly_requested_obamacare_cash/]http://www.theinvestigativefund.org/inv ... care_cash/

SueDB

Lyin' Paul Ryan

Post by SueDB » Sat Oct 13, 2012 2:26 pm

promising to repeal every provision of health care reformOh, bull crap! Ryan's budget counts on the $716 B savings from ending the Medicare Advantage subsidy to insurance companies and elimination of waste and fraud that's already [link]showing results,http://www.nbcmiami.com/news/Medicare-F ... 92771.html[/link] There's probably more front-end savings to Medicare by leaning on fraud than the ACA claimed. When [link]even CVS might be stealing from Medicare's till,http://www.latimes.com/business/la-fi-l ... 269.column[/link] you know the amount of fraud in the system has to be incredible.I imagine that when the Florida CVS pharmacies were cited for controlled substance (pill mill) violations along with the Gov't pulling the wholesaler's (Cardinal) controlled drug wholesale license....the Fraudulent Medicare claims for pain pills in Florida dropped like a rock.

“If You're Not In The Obit, Eat Breakfast”

Remember, Orly NEVAH disappoints!

Sterngard Friegen

Lyin' Paul Ryan

Post by Sterngard Friegen » Sat Oct 13, 2012 3:28 pm

The big savings for Advantage insurers is going to take a toll next year. Anthem in L.A. County is going to charge $28 a month to its subscribers to remain in the Advantage PPO. Until now it's been without further charge (not free since it's an assignment of one's Medicare, but no additional payment required).

esseff44

Lyin' Paul Ryan

Post by esseff44 » Sat Oct 13, 2012 4:21 pm

One thing not mentioned is that many people are already getting refunds on premiums that are overpaid because of the caps put on insurers for their profits. I got one last October and I think they are due again. Anybody else get one?

1 guest

Lyin' Paul Ryan

Post by 1 guest » Sat Oct 13, 2012 4:44 pm

The Internet quickly noticed that Ryan's anecdote was suspiciously similar to the story of how another famous child got the very same nickname:

Kurt Cobain named his daughter after Frances McKee, the guitarist for The Vaselines, and gave her the middle named Bean because he thought she resembled a kidney bean on the ultrasound.

So, did Paul Ryan really come up with the nickname on his own, or did he help himself to a handful of Kurt's bio for the sake of a good argumentum ad passiones?

Well, let's look at the Internet's "evidence": 1) Paul Ryan is a "devoted" Nirvana fan and 2) He's a pretty devoted liar too.

http://img.gawkerassets.com/post/7/2012/10/bean2_1.gif

[/break1]com/5951253/did-nirvana-fan-paul-ryan-steal-his-bean-anecdote-from-kurt-cobain]http://gawker.com/5951253/did-nirvana-f ... urt-cobainI swear, if a true word passed through Ryan's mouth he would catch on fire.

ducktape

Lyin' Paul Ryan

Post by ducktape » Sat Oct 13, 2012 5:20 pm

One thing not mentioned is that many people are already getting refunds on premiums that are overpaid because of the caps put on insurers for their profits. I got one last October and I think they are due again. Anybody else get one?I got a letter from Anthem telling me that I wasn't due one because they didn't have those high profits.And of course, I believe every word. :^o :^o

Curious Blue

Lyin' Paul Ryan

Post by Curious Blue » Sat Oct 13, 2012 7:31 pm

One thing not mentioned is that many people are already getting refunds on premiums that are overpaid because of the caps put on insurers for their profits. I got one last October and I think they are due again. Anybody else get one?Yes, I've actually gotten two -- one came about a year ago, October -- and another one in August.I am self-employed and have an individual plan. I believe that for employer-sponsored plans, the refunds will go to the employers and they are responsible for crediting back their employees for their share of contributions.

Curious Blue

Lyin' Paul Ryan

Post by Curious Blue » Sat Oct 13, 2012 7:41 pm

The Internet quickly noticed that Ryan's anecdote was suspiciously similar to the story of how another famous child got the very same nickname:

Kurt Cobain named his daughter after Frances McKee, the guitarist for The Vaselines, and gave her the middle named Bean because he thought she resembled a kidney bean on the ultrasound.

So, did Paul Ryan really come up with the nickname on his own, or did he help himself to a handful of Kurt's bio for the sake of a good argumentum ad passiones?

Well, let's look at the Internet's "evidence": 1) Paul Ryan is a "devoted" Nirvana fan and 2) He's a pretty devoted liar too.

http://img.gawkerassets.com/post/7/2012/10/bean2_1.gif

[/break1]com/5951253/did-nirvana-fan-paul-ryan-steal-his-bean-anecdote-from-kurt-cobain]http://gawker.com/5951253/did-nirvana-f ... urt-cobainI swear, if a true word passed through Ryan's mouth he would catch on fire.Well, in fairness, it's fairly common. I mean, it's about as interesting a story as if Ryan had announced that he affectionately referred to his sister as "sis" -- or that his dad used to call him "son."

My grandson was referred to as "the bean" while in utero because fetuses really do look like beans on early ultra-sounds. But after dear grandson was born, his parents gave him a real name.

I did find it ironic that someone so rabidly pro-life would choose an anecdote reinforcing the fact that an early-gestation fetus doesn't look much like a human being.

Emma

Lyin' Paul Ryan

Post by Emma » Sat Oct 13, 2012 10:13 pm

One thing not mentioned is that many people are already getting refunds on premiums that are overpaid because of the caps put on insurers for their profits. I got one last October and I think they are due again. Anybody else get one?Yep.

Orlylicious

Lyin' Paul Ryan

Post by Orlylicious » Mon Oct 15, 2012 2:35 am

We're going to hear way too much about Ryan Girl:A political parody. A beautiful 80's aerobics instructor gets excited by Paul Ryan's plans to bring fiscal discipline to the US budget..."Let's Get Fiscal!"

Sterngard Friegen

Lyin' Paul Ryan

Post by Sterngard Friegen » Mon Oct 15, 2012 9:41 am

:shock: She's flat.

SueDB

Lyin' Paul Ryan

Post by SueDB » Mon Oct 15, 2012 1:08 pm

:shock: She's flat.So is Ryan's personality

“If You're Not In The Obit, Eat Breakfast”

Remember, Orly NEVAH disappoints!

neonzx

Lyin' Paul Ryan

Post by neonzx » Mon Oct 15, 2012 1:20 pm

We're going to hear way too much about Ryan Girl:I doubt it. I couldn't even finish watching it. Perhaps this is supposed to appeal to the 55+ crowd (Physical was released in 1981). I found it annoying with the karaoke music and mediocre singing. =; Nothing fun, original or fresh about this to me. [-(

Foggy

Lyin' Paul Ryan

Post by Foggy » Mon Oct 15, 2012 3:58 pm

Werd.

... and how does that make you feel?
What is it you're trying to say?
:think:
#pasta

Joseph Robidoux III

Lyin' Paul Ryan

Post by Joseph Robidoux III » Mon Oct 15, 2012 4:27 pm

We're going to hear way too much about Ryan Girl:I doubt it. I couldn't even finish watching it. Perhaps this is supposed to appeal to the 55+ crowd (Physical was released in 1981). I found it annoying with the karaoke music and mediocre singing. =; Nothing fun, original or fresh about this to me. [-(^^^^This

BFB

Lyin' Paul Ryan

Post by BFB » Mon Oct 15, 2012 4:28 pm

Lefty women are way hotter than Righty women.Just my opinion, of course.

Emma

Lyin' Paul Ryan

Post by Emma » Mon Oct 15, 2012 5:27 pm

[/break1]washingtonpost.com/blogs/election-2012/wp/2012/10/15/charity-president-unhappy-about-paul-ryan-soup-kitchen-photo-op/?Post+generic=%3Ftid%3Dsm_twitter_washingtonpost]Lyin' Ryan pretends to wash clean dishes for soup kitchen photo opThe head of a northeast Ohio charity says that the Romney campaign last week “ramrodded their way” into the group’s Youngstown soup kitchen so that GOP vice-presidential nominee Paul Ryan could get his picture taken washing dishes in the dining hall.Brian J. Antal, president of the Mahoning County St. Vincent De Paul Society, said that he was not contacted by the Romney campaign ahead of the Saturday morning visit by Ryan, who stopped by the soup kitchen after a town hall at Youngstown State University.“We’re a faith-based organization; we are apolitical because the majority of our funding is from private donations,” Antal said in a phone interview Monday afternoon. “It’s strictly in our bylaws not to do it. They showed up there and they did not have permission. They got one of the volunteers to open up the doors.”He added: “The photo-op they did wasn’t even accurate. He did nothing. He just came in here to get his picture taken at the dining hall.”(more at link)

Suranis

Lyin' Paul Ryan

Post by Suranis » Mon Oct 15, 2012 5:39 pm

Christ what a shitbag.

"The devil...the prowde spirite...cannot endure to be mocked.” - Thomas Moore

Emma

Lyin' Paul Ryan

Post by Emma » Mon Oct 15, 2012 5:48 pm

That about sums it up. That these people could lose support because of his fake photo-op didn't even cross his mind.

Clairez

Lyin' Paul Ryan

Post by Clairez » Tue Oct 16, 2012 4:07 am

I saw this and immediately wanted to write him a letter and tell him to give up seeking office and spend a few years actually working in a soup kitchen. I believe the experience would be good for him and change his philosophy and make him a better human being (bean).

Plutodog

Lyin' Paul Ryan

Post by Plutodog » Tue Oct 16, 2012 4:13 am

I saw this and immediately wanted to write him a letter and tell him to give up seeking office and spend a few years actually working in a soup kitchen. I believe the experience would be good for him and change his philosophy and make him a better human being (bean).Don't be silly, Clairez. He's much too important a man to actually serve the homeless. [-X :-

The only good Bundy is an Al Bundy.

Somerset

Lyin' Paul Ryan

Post by Somerset » Tue Oct 16, 2012 4:49 am

I saw this and immediately wanted to write him a letter and tell him to give up seeking office and spend a few years actually working in a soup kitchen.

I believe the experience would be good for him and change his philosophy and make him a better human being (bean).Don't be silly, Clairez. He's much too impotent a man to actually serve the homeless. [-X :-FIFY ;)

Return to “Presidential Election”