Dinesh D'Souza

DrIrvingFinegarten

Dinesh D'Souza - Smear Movie - 2016 Obama's America

Post by DrIrvingFinegarten » Wed Jul 15, 2015 1:12 pm

I wonder why he pleaded guilty instead of no contest. Was no contest an option in a case like this?A guilty plea is supposed to mean that he admits he's guilty and accepts responsibility for his actions and yet it's obvious he refuses to accept that responsibility. A no contest plea would not be considered an admission of guilt, as I understand it (I'm sure a lot of you know more about this than I do so please correct me if I'm wrong), so wouldn't it seem that he would have wanted that sort of plea? 

bob

Post by bob » Wed Jul 15, 2015 1:19 pm

I wonder why he pleaded guilty instead of no contest. Was no contest an option in a case like this?Fed. R. Crim. P. 11(a)(3):Before accepting a plea of nolo contendere, the court must consider the parties’ views and the public interest in the effective administration of justice.

Imagex6 Imagex2 Imagex4 Imagex2

DrIrvingFinegarten

Post by DrIrvingFinegarten » Wed Jul 15, 2015 11:03 pm

I wonder why he pleaded guilty instead of no contest. Was no contest an option in a case like this?Fed. R. Crim. P. 11(a)(3):Before accepting a plea of nolo contendere, the court must consider the parties’ views and the public interest in the effective administration of justice.Thank you.

mimi

Re: Dinesh D'Souza - Smear Movie - 2016 Obama's America

Post by mimi » Fri Sep 04, 2015 12:29 pm

Remember when D'Souza was staying with his fiancee', even though he was married to another woman. Last I saw of her, she's back to fawning over her husband on social media.

Then, a couple of months ago Dinesh D'Souza announced he's been dating Debbie Fancher.

She was born and raised in Caracas, Venezuela, and is now a right winger looking to be a star.

Anyway, Dinesh just announced he popped the question and she said yes. I guess. I can't see the youtube.
Dinesh D'Souza @DineshDSouza

A MAGICAL MOMENT: At the Wynn resort in Vegas, I popped the question to Debbie Fancher and she said... m.youtube.com/watch?v=NXlHuE…

Here's her facebook:

https://www.facebook.com/debbie.fancher

I also remember how his now ex-wife said he physically abused her.
During the sentencing hearing, Berman read from a blistering letter submitted to the court by D’Souza’s estranged wife. In the missive, Dixie D’Souza alleged that her ex-spouse forged her signature on one campaign contribution form, and that he had an “abusive nature.”

D’Souza, who was married to the defendant for 20 years, wrote, “In one instance, it was my husband who physically abused me in April 2012 when he, using his purple belt karate skills, kicked me in the head and shoulder, knocking me to the ground and creating injuries that pain me to this day.” Click here to download a PDF of Dixie D’Souza’s five-page letter to Berman.
http://www.thesmokinggun.com/buster/dep ... ime-980347

Maybe Fancher has a black belt.

mimi

Re: Dinesh D'Souza

Post by mimi » Tue Sep 29, 2015 8:04 pm

Awhile back, D'Souza campaigned to get 1 million followers on facebook. and he achieved it.

Now he's announced he has a new movie coming out next summer. He teamed up once again with Gerald Molen (producer of Schindler’s List & Jurassic Park).

The movie is planned to be released during the DNC convention.

It's called Stealing America. (It should be called Dinesh re-writes history.)

During the segment, Glenn Beck says he's releasing a book with a similar theme just before the election.

I mean whodathunk?

I didn't watch this:

[bbvideo=560,315][/bbvideo]

There's an unofficial transcript here:

(just a bit of it)
DINESH: Because there’s a whole narrative here, the Democratic Party is the party of the little guy. It’s the party of progress. It’s the party of abolitionism and equal rights and equal opportunity and women.

GLENN: It’s the exact opposite.

DINESH: So the truth is completely different. And this truth is buried. It’s not just buried in the media, it’s buried in academia so that there’s a kind of false narrative out there. And that’s all young people are exposed to. So we think part of the decision next year is a decision about — not just about America, but what really does progressivism and the Democratic Party stand for?

GLENN: And it’s unbelievable, because we’re working on a new book that will come out right before the election called The Progressives. And it is the same thing, that people don’t understand what they’re dealing with. They have no idea. What is the — what is the thing that you have put together so far that you say, “People are going to be shocked when they find out?”

DINESH: We’re going to — we’re going to tell a new story about the party system in America. We’ll tell you a new story about the Civil War. People think the Civil War was a war simply between the North and the South. And the South was the pro-slavery side. The North was the antislavery side. But the northern Democrats, led by Stephen Douglas were defenders of slavery. So in other words, right away, you see that this was not so much a North/South divide, it was a divide between the Republican and the Democratic Party. And the Democratic Party, both in the north and in the south, staunchly defending and digging in in to protect slavery. Now, of course, part of the narrative we’ll deal with in the film is just the idea that, “Oh, yes, that’s how things used to be. But we Democrats got really enlightened, and we got really smart. And now we’re the good guys. And all the Dixiecrats and all the old slavery and segregation guys became Republicans.” That is part of the official narrative. So this is part of the intellectual content of this movie. So we’ll have a movie about a candidate. And we’ll lift a lot of veils to show the candidate behind the mask. But we’ll also lift the veils on the party itself.

GLENN: Do you guys think that Hillary will be the candidate? Gerald?

GERALD: I think it’s questionable right now.

GLENN: I mean, put a movie in production that has Hillary Clinton as the candidate. I’m not sure. She is — I mean, I hope she is. She’s so wildly unlikable, by even her own party.

GERALD: It doesn’t necessarily have to be all about her. The point that Dinesh has made about the — you know, getting the truth about what the Democratic Party is all about. What they’ve been about. And about how anything that has become good in America, they have basically stolen. Abraham Lincoln was not a Democrat, even though they want to say so.

there's a bunch more here:
http://www.dineshdsouza.com/news/audio- ... -new-film/

edit: I also changed the topic title to a generic "Dinesh D'Souza".

SueDB

Post by SueDB » Tue Sep 29, 2015 8:09 pm

Should be Dinesh D'Souza, Convicted Felon. or Ex Con ...

“If You're Not In The Obit, Eat Breakfast”

Remember, Orly NEVAH disappoints!

mimi

Post by mimi » Fri Oct 09, 2015 11:43 pm

Dinesh D'Souza says the judge ended his counseling sessions.
Judge Berman has ended my psychological counseling—does this mean, Debbie, that I am now officially sane?

[snipped picture]

16k Likes1.5k Comments655 Shares

Just no hope for some people.

edit. added share info.

Suranis

Post by Suranis » Tue Aug 09, 2016 5:54 am

This is a review of D'Souza's latest Hillary's America. Spoiler alert - They tear it apart. It's highly entertaining.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Wr2PtuviAJo

"The devil...the prowde spirite...cannot endure to be mocked.” - Thomas Moore

BillTheCat

Post by BillTheCat » Tue Aug 09, 2016 12:28 pm

It's allegedly the "Top grossing documentary of 2016" or some nonsense, which isn't saying much considering how little people care about seeing documentaries in a theater.

I'm certain it will have the same effect as "Obama's America" did in 2012. :thumbs:

'But I don't want to go among mad people,' said Alice. 'Oh, you can't help that,' said the cat. 'We're all mad here.'
-Lewis Carroll

phaseolus

Post by phaseolus » Tue Aug 09, 2016 1:07 pm

BillTheCat wrote:I'm certain it will have the same effect as "Obama's America" did in 2012. :thumbs:
You mean ... Democratic party operatives will hypnotize D'Souza and force him to break campaign finance laws against his will, in a dastardly scheme to imprison him for daring to stand up to Hillary?

Sam the Centipede

Post by Sam the Centipede » Tue Aug 09, 2016 1:26 pm

BillTheCat wrote:It's allegedly the "Top grossing documentary of 2016" or some nonsense, which isn't saying much considering how little people care about seeing documentaries in a theater.

I'm certain it will have the same effect as "Obama's America" did in 2012. :thumbs:
Are you sure it wasn't the "most gross documentary of 2016"??

Notorial Dissent

Post by Notorial Dissent » Tue Aug 09, 2016 1:32 pm

That still doesn't say whether it recovered its costs.

The fact that you sincerely and wholeheartedly believe that the “Law of Gravity” is unconstitutional and a violation of your sovereign rights, does not absolve you of adherence to it.

Foggy

Post by Foggy » Tue Aug 09, 2016 2:32 pm

Wonkette says very little documentary footage in it. Democrats were the racists in 1860 and haven't changed a bit since then. I didn't know that.

Hopefully, this will blossom into a snowball.
WWG1WGA

bob

Post by bob » Tue Aug 09, 2016 5:17 pm

Hillary's America has grossed over $11M so far.

D'Souza's Obama's America grossed over $33M, ranking it the fifth largest documentary (and ranked 95 for all 2012 movies).

Sterngard Friegen

Post by Sterngard Friegen » Thu Aug 11, 2016 10:40 am

I enjoyed this review.

mmmirele

Post by mmmirele » Thu Aug 11, 2016 11:24 am

BillTheCat wrote:It's allegedly the "Top grossing documentary of 2016" or some nonsense, which isn't saying much considering how little people care about seeing documentaries in a theater.

Did anyone else notice that Dinesh D'Felon referred to Obama by his last name, but he referred to Clinton by her first name?

SueDB

Post by SueDB » Thu Aug 11, 2016 11:29 am

mmmirele wrote:

Did anyone else notice that Dinesh D'Felon referred to Obama by his last name, but he referred to Clinton by her first name?
Pigs do that.

“If You're Not In The Obit, Eat Breakfast”

Remember, Orly NEVAH disappoints!

mmmirele

Post by mmmirele » Thu Aug 11, 2016 12:08 pm

SueDB wrote:
mmmirele wrote:

Pigs do that.
Especially those of the Male Chauvinist variety.

bob

Post by bob » Sun Feb 19, 2017 3:03 pm

P&E: Will Dinesh D’Souza Find Anything on Obama at Columbia?:
OR IS THERE NOTHING TO FIND?

In a tweet on Saturday afternoon, film producer, commentator and author Dinesh D’Souza announced that he will be speaking at Columbia University on Tuesday, where Barack Hussein Obama’s life narrative says he attended from 1981 to 1983.

“If I have time I’ll look for his ‘buried’ thesis & grade transcripts,” D’Souza wrote in an apparent reference to the dearth of evidence that Obama ever attended Columbia.

To this writer’s knowledge, the Obama White House never released any proof of Obama’s purported attendance and graduation from Columbia University with a degree in political science.

Both Columbia University and Harvard Law School have been unresponsive to this writer’s requests for documentation on Obama.
Bonus:
Some, including former presidential candidate Dr. Ben Carson, have publicly asked how Obama could have been admitted to the Ivy League institution after he reportedly earned poor grades at Occidental College in Los Angeles between 1979 in 1981.
"Reportedly" is doing all the work in that sentence.

RTH10260

Post by RTH10260 » Sun Feb 19, 2017 3:54 pm

:doh: Three months after election, one month after inauguration and the birthers still stick to their lifeline. Like Teh Donald still has a need to mention Nasty Hillary and his Electoral Colloge counts. :brickwallsmall: :brickwallsmall: :brickwallsmall:

Slartibartfast

Post by Slartibartfast » Sun Feb 19, 2017 6:15 pm

I was talking to a professor at Duke today and he was talking about getting the names of the female math majors (he's a math prof and was trying to put together a group of women in mathematics) and they wouldn't give them to him. The only consolation if Dinesh D'Sousa is right about religion is Sharon and her fellow birthers going to the special hell...

"Strategy without tactics is the slowest route to victory. Tactics without strategy is the noise before defeat."
---Sun Tzu (quoting Thomas Jefferson)
nam-myoho-renge-kyo---Thomas Jefferson (quoting Slartibartfast)

Sterngard Friegen

Post by Sterngard Friegen » Sun Feb 19, 2017 11:17 pm

bob wrote:P&E: Will Dinesh D’Souza Find Anything on Obama at Columbia?:
OR IS THERE NOTHING TO FIND?

In a tweet on Saturday afternoon, film producer, commentator and author Dinesh D’Souza announced that he will be speaking at Columbia University on Tuesday, where Barack Hussein Obama’s life narrative says he attended from 1981 to 1983.

“If I have time I’ll look for his ‘buried’ thesis & grade transcripts,” D’Souza wrote in an apparent reference to the dearth of evidence that Obama ever attended Columbia.

To this writer’s knowledge, the Obama White House never released any proof of Obama’s purported attendance and graduation from Columbia University with a degree in political science.

Both Columbia University and Harvard Law School have been unresponsive to this writer’s requests for documentation on Obama.
Bonus:
Some, including former presidential candidate Dr. Ben Carson, have publicly asked how Obama could have been admitted to the Ivy League institution after he reportedly earned poor grades at Occidental College in Los Angeles between 1979 in 1981.
"Reportedly" is doing all the work in that sentence.
"Reportedly" is doing all of the lying in that sentence.

Grumpy Old Guy

Post by Grumpy Old Guy » Sun Feb 26, 2017 10:02 am

Dinesh D'Sousa scored several big wins.

At the Razzies.

‘Hillary’s America,’ ‘Batman v Superman’ Dominate

http://variety.com/2017/film/news/razzi ... 201996446/

Dolly

Post by Dolly » Thu Oct 19, 2017 2:26 am

D'Souza's work isn't just popular. It launches some of the major talking points for conservatives.
:madguy:

George Takei
19 hrs ·
I think this is what the kids are calling fake news.
via Mic

https://www.facebook
.com/georgehtakei/videos/1681691225186994/

Avatar by Tal Peleg Art of Makeup https://www.facebook.com/TalPelegMakeUp

bob

Post by bob » Fri Dec 15, 2017 7:16 pm

Dogwhistle birther:

Return to “Presidential Election”