Mitt Romney

Suranis

Mitt Romney

Post by Suranis » Fri Jan 31, 2014 4:33 pm

This all part of keeping Mitt in the news so he can make his self sacrifice decision to run for 2016. HE's DOING IT FOR THE COUNTRY!And the tongues are starting to obidiantly wag on queue[/break1]nationaljournal.com/politics/mitt-romney-is-the-2016-republican-front-runner-20140130]http://www.nationaljournal.com/politics ... r-20140130Why not make it a third run for president? That's something that the former Republican nominee is definitely not thinking about right now. To put it in his own recent words: "Oh, no, no, no. No, no, no, no, no. No, no, no."But that didn't stop the Virginia-based bipartisan policy firm Purple Strategies from adding his name to a recent survey for Granite State voters, which shows Romney in the lead with 25 percent support. Libertarian firebrand Rand Paul (who has strong infrastructure in New Hampshire) and New Jersey Gov. Chris Christie are behind with 18 percent and 17 percent support, respectively.We might be experiencing Mittmentum 3.0. The Netflix documentary about his 2008 and 2012 presidential campaigns was recently released to the excitement of political insiders everywhere. GOP insiders want him to come back: "You know what a lot of them say to me?" an anonymous "operative" told BuzzFeed. "I think we need Mitt back." Romney was even on Late Night With Jimmy Fallon to slow jam the news.So are we sure he's not running again? "People are always gracious and say, 'Oh, you should run again,' " he said in an interview earlier this month. "I'm not running again."He's done this kind of race before. He's got the staff. He's got the loyalty. He has the money. Time has passed.I've been saying "Romney 2016!" since a month after the last election. It was half in jest, but half was deadly serious. He wasn't going away from the news like all people with an ounce of class do when they lose (such as McCain). Instead he and his wife was throwing themselves in front of every TV camera they could find to talk about how sad they were that Mitt was not going to be president. I knew right then that they weren't going to take no for an answer.Romney 2016.

"The devil...the prowde spirite...cannot endure to be mocked.” - Thomas Moore

June bug

Mitt Romney

Post by June bug » Fri Jan 31, 2014 4:43 pm

I don't know if it is just me, but I find this ongoing coverage of Ann Romney reflecting on her husband's loss really weird...It just seems rather weird that we are closer to the midterm elections than the last presidential election, and yet Ann is still rehashing it (and it still somehow qualifies as "news")She's Her Highness and Mittens are promoting the upcoming Netflix movie, Mitt. For them and the media, it's all about the money.

Sekrit Stuffs!
And/or to see if they can resurrect the zombie of his presidential aspirations...The Walking Mitt?

TexasFilly

Mitt Romney

Post by TexasFilly » Fri Jan 31, 2014 4:47 pm

All of this anger can't be good for her MS. She should get into some therapy.

I love the poorly educated!!!

I believe Anita Hill!

PatGund

Mitt Romney

Post by PatGund » Fri Jan 31, 2014 4:51 pm

You know, I can see the "Romney 2016" thing. Considering how entitled they both thought they were in the first place, it more than likely wouldn't take much at all to convince them to make another run in hopes that those uppity proles get it right this time.I wonder how many runs it will take before it finally sinks in that people just aren't in to Mitt.......

Hektor

Mitt Romney

Post by Hektor » Fri Jan 31, 2014 6:00 pm

She's Her Highness and Mittens are promoting the upcoming Netflix movie, Mitt. For them and the media, it's all about the money.I'm sorry, I just find this whole thing bizarre, crass and self-entitled. While Mitt Romney did run for President and was Governor of Massachusetts, well, also too Michael Dukakis. Al Gore could have spent the past fourteen years whining about SCOTUS and Florida. His documentary was a call for action on climate change, not some self-serving reinvention of a lost campaign. Bob Dole and John McCain almost certainly disagreed with the results of the 1996 and 2008 elections, but they moved on. Jimmy Carter and George H.W. Bush, in spite of their lack of re-election moved on to be elder statesman. Hilary Clinton and John Kerry both went on to serve as SoS. Remind me, what exactly has Mitt Romney done except run for President and fail twice?

MN-Skeptic

Mitt Romney

Post by MN-Skeptic » Fri Jan 31, 2014 6:02 pm

She's Her Highness and Mittens are promoting the upcoming Netflix movie, Mitt. For them and the media, it's all about the money.

Sekrit Stuffs!
And/or to see if they can resurrect the zombie of his presidential aspirations...The Walking Mitt?
I don't think it's for the money, not for them. For them, it's validation that Mitt was The Right Choice. They want a do-over. I wonder if, with his ego, he could actually try again. I wonder if his ego would convince himself that he couldn't be defeated a second time.

Sterngard Friegen

Mitt Romney

Post by Sterngard Friegen » Fri Jan 31, 2014 6:02 pm

He's avoided millions of dollars of taxes and invested his money in tax havens. That shows how much he loves his country and wants to invest in it.The shock to me was that he wasn't defeated more resoundingly.

much ado

Mitt Romney

Post by much ado » Fri Jan 31, 2014 6:10 pm

... The shock to me was that he wasn't defeated more resoundingly.Yes, it was shocking. The racist vote probably narrowed the margin a few percentage points. (How many?) He is unlikely to get that boost the next time around.

SueDB

Mitt Romney

Post by SueDB » Fri Jan 31, 2014 10:25 pm

Poor old Ann is just absolutely mortified that Mitt lost to a .... errr...
Hidden Content
This board requires you to be registered and logged-in to view hidden content.

“If You're Not In The Obit, Eat Breakfast”

Remember, Orly NEVAH disappoints!

PatGund

Mitt Romney

Post by PatGund » Sat Feb 01, 2014 1:28 am

Poor old Ann is just absolutely mortified that Mitt lost to a .... errr...
Hidden Content
This board requires you to be registered and logged-in to view hidden content.
FIFY

Sugar Magnolia

Mitt Romney

Post by Sugar Magnolia » Sat Feb 01, 2014 6:51 am

IF he runs again, and IF by some chance he wins this time around, who the hell would people be voting for? We already know he sways with the wind on his positions and if he jumps back into the fray he'll be depending on the people who think they can bring the votes, not those who have any strength of conviction for his actual stand on the issues. Romney supporters will be casting their ballots for a composite robot which was designed to garner votes, not run the country.

SueDB

Mitt Romney

Post by SueDB » Sat Feb 01, 2014 9:51 am

Romney voters will cast their vote for any old white fart.

Skip Intro

Mitt Romney

Post by Skip Intro » Sat Feb 01, 2014 10:54 am

Mitt Romney Is the 2016 Republican Front-RunnerIn New Hampshire. Rand Paul and Chris Christie are neck and neck for second place.[/break1]nationaljournal.com/politics/mitt-romney-is-the-2016-republican-front-runner-20140130]http://www.nationaljournal.com/politics ... r-20140130

If thoughts and prayers weren’t free, nobody would offer them.

Volkonski

Mitt Romney

Post by Volkonski » Sat Feb 01, 2014 11:28 am

Mitt Romney Is the 2016 Republican Front-RunnerIn New Hampshire. Rand Paul and Chris Christie are neck and neck for second place.[/break1]nationaljournal.com/politics/mitt-romney-is-the-2016-republican-front-runner-20140130]http://www.nationaljournal.com/politics ... r-20140130Love the subtitle-This is not an "Onion" story.

Image“If everyone fought for their own convictions there would be no war.”
― Leo Tolstoy, War and Peace

Hektor

Mitt Romney

Post by Hektor » Sat Feb 01, 2014 11:46 am

I just don't see the primaries resolving in Mitt Romney's favor this time. He didn't get the nomination because he was beloved by the party base, he won because no other candidate could mount anything more than a flavor of the month challenge.

ZekeB

Mitt Romney

Post by ZekeB » Sat Feb 01, 2014 5:56 pm

Of all the Repub contenders, Mitt was the most electable. Of course he ruined those chances by going after the fringe vote. I foresee the Pubs doing more of the same in 2016.

I know many interesting things about pigs.

Žluté vlasy se k oranžové tváři nehodí.

SLQ

Mitt Romney

Post by SLQ » Sat Feb 01, 2014 7:28 pm

Of all the Repub contenders, Mitt was the most electable. Of course he ruined those chances by going after the fringe vote and also, too, showing that he's an entitled arse with an entitled queen of a wife, i.e. nothing like rootin' tootin' Sarah. I foresee the Pubs doing more of the same in 2016.FIFY

ducktape

Mitt Romney

Post by ducktape » Sat Feb 01, 2014 7:36 pm

Of all the Repub contenders, Mitt was the most electable. Of course he ruined those chances by going after the fringe vote and also, too, showing that he's an entitled arse with an entitled queen of a wife, i.e. nothing like rootin' tootin' Sarah. I foresee the Pubs doing more of the same in 2016.FIFYSay what you will about rootin' tootin' Sarah (and there is a LOT to say), at least Tawd had the sense to keep his mouth shut and let Sarah and her daughters show off their lack of class all by themselves.

SLQ

Mitt Romney

Post by SLQ » Sun Feb 02, 2014 1:31 am

Of all the Repub contenders, Mitt was the most electable. Of course he ruined those chances by going after the fringe vote and also, too, showing that he's an entitled arse with an entitled queen of a wife, i.e. nothing like rootin' tootin' Sarah. I foresee the Pubs doing more of the same in 2016.FIFYSay what you will about rootin' tootin' Sarah (and there is a LOT to say), at least Tawd had the sense to keep his mouth shut and let Sarah and her daughters show off their lack of class all by themselves.Well, there is that. Ann is still annoying America.

Dolly

Mitt Romney

Post by Dolly » Sat May 10, 2014 8:17 pm

:yawn: Flipper is back in the news. :twisted: [/break1]newsmax.com/Newsfront/gop-investigations-election-campaign/2014/05/09/id/570479/]http://www.newsmax.com/Newsfront/gop-in ... id/570479/Mitt Romney: Raise the minimum wageFormer Massachusetts Gov. Mitt Romney on Thursday morning said he supports an increase in the minimum wage, breaking with many Republicans who have stood against it.“I, for instance, as you know, part company with many of the conservatives in my party on the issue of the minimum wage. I think we ought to raise it,” the 2012 Republican presidential nominee said. “Because frankly, our party is all about more jobs and better pay.Romney also appeared to condone fundraising efforts by the National Republican Congressional Committee and National Republican Senatorial Committee that invoked the September 2012 attacks in Benghazi.When asked about fundraising off the issue, Romney responded by saying without a GOP majority in the House, there would have been no investigations into Benghazi or the IRS. “So, to say look, elect Republicans so that we can have these kind of investigations, is appropriate,” Romney said.[/break1]politico.com/story/2014/05/mitt-romney-minimum-wage-106524.html]http://www.politico.com/story/2014/05/m ... 06524.htmlIf Republicans agree with Romney’s position that the minimum wage should keep up with inflation, then a $10.10 level should make sense. That’s about where it would be if it had risen with the rising cost of living since the 1960s. It would be far higher — closer to $22 an hour — if it had tracked workers’ rising productivity.[/break1]org/economy/2014/05/09/3436058/mitt-romney-minimum-wage/]http://thinkprogress.org/economy/2014/0 ... imum-wage/Romney said raising the minimum wage is part of a message the party needs to reinforce in outreach to black and Hispanic voters. "Our party is all about more jobs and better pay," Romney said, while under Democratic control, income inequality has gotten worse.Democrats have been pushing for an increase in the federal minimum wage to $10.10 as part of an election-year agenda to emphasize the needs of working and middle-class Americans. Senate Republicans blocked a vote on a minimum wage bill last week, and House Republicans have said they have no plan to hold a vote on a minimum wage bill.Romney had been a supporter of raising the minimum wage prior to his presidential bid, but in March 2012 in the face of conservative opposition, he said "there's probably not a need to raise the minimum wage." [/break1]usatoday.com/story/news/politics/2014/05/09/romney-minimum-wage/8891273/]http://www.usatoday.com/story/news/poli ... e/8891273/Romney: No need to raise the minimum wageMonday, March 5, 2012[/break1]rawstory.com/rs/2012/03/05/romney-no-need-to-raise-the-minimum-wage/]http://www.rawstory.com/rs/2012/03/05/r ... imum-wage/BONUS QUOTE:Romney also said during Friday's interview that he does not plan to run for president again, despite his recently increased public profile."I'm not running for president in 2016," Romney said. Republicans' "best prospects for getting back the White House are with someone who has not run twice before, as I have."

Avatar by Tal Peleg Art of Makeup https://www.facebook.com/TalPelegMakeUp

Dr. Kenneth Noisewater

Mitt Romney

Post by Dr. Kenneth Noisewater » Sat May 10, 2014 8:31 pm

and his elect-ability among republican primary voters just went down.

Suranis

Mitt Romney

Post by Suranis » Sat May 10, 2014 8:35 pm

Considering the fucking clowns that are shaping up as his opponents he does not have to worry about his attempts to seem more moderate...

"The devil...the prowde spirite...cannot endure to be mocked.” - Thomas Moore

Skip Intro

Mitt Romney

Post by Skip Intro » Sat May 10, 2014 8:48 pm

"Our party is all about more jobs and better pay," Romney said,I never realized Willard had a sense of humor before.

If thoughts and prayers weren’t free, nobody would offer them.

jtmunkus

Mitt Romney

Post by jtmunkus » Sat May 10, 2014 10:32 pm

"Our party is all about more jobs and better pay," Romney said,I never realized Willard had a sense of humor before.He must be talking about his bachelor party.

SueDB

Mitt Romney

Post by SueDB » Sat May 10, 2014 11:40 pm

"Our party is all about more jobs and better pay," Romney said,I never realized Willard had a sense of humor before.He must be talking about his bachelor party.Have the pugs ever been in favor of more jobs and better pay??? I can't remember that far back...

Return to “Presidential Election”