X-mas Memes And Images

MN-Skeptic

X-mas Memes And Images

Post by MN-Skeptic »

Volkonski wrote: Wed Dec 20, 2023 9:20 am
Now most homes are heated with oil or gas or electricity or even solar. I wouldn't know where to go to buy a lump of coal these days. :confuzzled:
Amazon.
Foggy
Dick Tater
Verified: as seen on qvc zombie apocalypse

X-mas Memes And Images

Post by Foggy »

Off Topic
Amazon doesn't have everything, sad to say. I can buy a brass ball bearing, 1 inch in diameter. I can buy stainless steel ball bearings, 1 inch in diameter. I cannot buy a bronze ball bearing, of any diameter at all. Disconcerting, but I struggle through. My delivery arrived this very morning, in actual fact. I told ol' Wifehorn, "Anybody tells you that your husband has brass balls, you tell 'em 'Only one. The other two are stainless steel.'"
:oldman:
The more I learn about this planet, the more improbable it all seems. :confuzzled:
Volkonski
Verified:

X-mas Memes And Images

Post by Volkonski »

MN-Skeptic wrote: Wed Dec 20, 2023 10:30 am
Volkonski wrote: Wed Dec 20, 2023 9:20 am
Now most homes are heated with oil or gas or electricity or even solar. I wouldn't know where to go to buy a lump of coal these days. :confuzzled:
Amazon.

$12.98+ tax for 1 lump of coal? No way! ;)
“If everyone fought for their own convictions there would be no war.” ― Leo Tolstoy, War and Peace
Slim Cognito
Verified:

X-mas Memes And Images

Post by Slim Cognito »

And it’s been scrubbed clean! trump explained how they do it.
My Crested Yorkie, Gilda and her amazing hair.

ImageImageImage x4
John Thomas8

X-mas Memes And Images

Post by John Thomas8 »

raison de arizona
Verified: ✔️ he/him/his

X-mas Memes And Images

Post by raison de arizona »

Foggy wrote: Wed Dec 20, 2023 10:41 am
Off Topic
Amazon doesn't have everything, sad to say. I can buy a brass ball bearing, 1 inch in diameter. I can buy stainless steel ball bearings, 1 inch in diameter. I cannot buy a bronze ball bearing, of any diameter at all. Disconcerting, but I struggle through. My delivery arrived this very morning, in actual fact. I told ol' Wifehorn, "Anybody tells you that your husband has brass balls, you tell 'em 'Only one. The other two are stainless steel.'"
It’s drilled, though.
Eisco Labs 1" Drilled Brass Ball - Pendulum Demonstrations https://a.co/d/17aVD3b
“Remember, democracy never lasts long. It soon wastes, exhausts, and murders itself. There never was a democracy yet that did not commit suicide.” —John Adams
northland10
Verified: ✅ I'm me.

X-mas Memes And Images

Post by northland10 »

Sunday morning is the 4th Sunday of Advent. Sunday Evening is Christmas Eve.
advent to xmas.jpg
advent to xmas.jpg (154.41 KiB) Viewed 4255 times
101010 :towel:
John Thomas8

X-mas Memes And Images

Post by John Thomas8 »

Lani

X-mas Memes And Images

Post by Lani »

https://people.com/nasa-finds-christmas ... os-8419308

On Tuesday, NASA released an image of NGC 2264, also known as the “Christmas Tree Cluster,” a group of young stars located around 2,500 light-years away from Earth. The image was captured by the Chandra X-ray Observatory, and the green nebula surrounding the stars resembled a festive Christmas tree.

It's beautiful!
Image You can't wait until life isn't hard anymore before you decide to be happy.
John Thomas8

X-mas Memes And Images

Post by John Thomas8 »

Tiredretiredlawyer
Verified: ✅🐴🐎🦄🌻5000 posts and counting

X-mas Memes And Images

Post by Tiredretiredlawyer »

https://people.com/pets/santas-reindeer-are-female/
Who Runs the Sleigh? Girls! Science Says Santa's Reindeer Are Actually All Female

Sorry, Rudolph. It's all about the antlers, apparently

The original eight — first introduced in the 1823 poem "A Visit from St. Nicholas" (a.k.a. "The Night Before Christmas") — as well as the infamous red-nosed celebrity of song and screen, Rudolph, are commonly thought of and referred to as males in pop culture. But, according to science, Christmas carolers and holiday hangers-on have had it all wrong all along.

Edinburgh University professors Gerald Lincoln and David Baird told the U.K.'s Telegraph that Santa's reindeer can't be male for one simple reason: Only female reindeer still have antlers at Christmas; the males of the species shed their headgear before mid-December.

"Male reindeer actually cast their antlers before Christmas, so they don't have any antlers at Christmastime," said Lincoln. "They have their mating season in autumn when they use their antlers to fight, but once it finishes they cast them … I just wanted to remind people that it is never quite so straightforward, and even females develop weapons when it comes to the real world of seasonal breeding."

Besides, of the 40 various species of deer on Earth, only the reindeer species feature females with antlers. Not only that, females also have an edge over males in another important way. According to LiveScience, in preparation for winter, female reindeer build up to nearly 50 percent body fat. The additional weight gives them a couple extra inches of thick fat on their hindquarters, which helps keep them warm in temperatures as low as -45 degrees Fahrenheit. Meanwhile, their male counterparts typically weigh in at around 5 percent body fat, as they deplete the majority of their energy reserves during the previous mating season.

This is all to say that if in fact reindeer did fly from the North Pole all around the world at Christmas, most likely only the gals would even be prepared for the journey.

However, Lincoln did make one interesting discovery while researching how female reindeer grow and cast their antlers. Apparently, if a male reindeer is castrated, it stops the process of casting the antlers.
"Mickey Mouse and I grew up together." - Ruthie Tompson, Disney animation checker and scene planner and one of the first women to become a member of the International Photographers Union in 1952.
Chilidog

X-mas Memes And Images

Post by Chilidog »

IMG_0914.jpeg
IMG_0914.jpeg (126.1 KiB) Viewed 4115 times
raison de arizona

X-mas Memes And Images

Whitehouse video Christmas card w/ Biden and Mariah Carey.
“Remember, democracy never lasts long. It soon wastes, exhausts, and murders itself. There never was a democracy yet that did not commit suicide.” —John Adams
Rolodex

X-mas Memes And Images

Post by Rolodex »

NewMexGirl wrote: Mon Dec 18, 2023 1:41 am
John Thomas8 wrote: Sun Dec 17, 2023 11:50 pm Those Sorted fellows have multiple of these, almost none available in the US. We're sadder for it.
I watched the advent calendar YouTube twice, then I forwarded it to about ten friends. So much fun to watch.

Thanks!
:thumbsup: :bighug: :thumbsup:
That's a great video!

We've done Advent calendars forever, but got away from them when the kids got bigger.

I gave my grown kid and his wife an Advent "calendar" from Bonne Maman this year. Each door has a tiny jar of jam/jelly/preserves, a lot of which are available only in this calendar. They have enjoyed them and the little jars are adorable. I reuse my normal Bonne Maman jars for a lot of things.
Do the right thing. It will gratify some people and astonish the rest. - Mark Twain
Volkonski
Verified:

X-mas Memes And Images

Post by Volkonski »

George Takei :verified: 🏳️‍🌈🖖🏽
@georgetakei@universeodon.com
People insist that Santa is white. Some say, he is Black. Isn’t this all just wrong? I once saw Santa in the internment camps, and he was most definitely Asian.

“If everyone fought for their own convictions there would be no war.” ― Leo Tolstoy, War and Peace
Foggy
Dick Tater
Verified: as seen on qvc zombie apocalypse

X-mas Memes And Images

Post by Foggy »

Off Topic
raison de arizona wrote: Thu Dec 21, 2023 10:57 am
Foggy wrote: Wed Dec 20, 2023 10:41 am
Off Topic
It’s drilled, though.
Eisco Labs 1" Drilled Brass Ball - Pendulum Demonstrations https://a.co/d/17aVD3b
That's not bronze.

Brass = copper and zinc
Bronze = copper and tin

One of these has an entire human Age named after it. Only two metals are honored with an entire human Age, and brass is not one of those.
The more I learn about this planet, the more improbable it all seems. :confuzzled:
raison de arizona

X-mas Memes And Images

:bag:
Tiredretiredlawyer
Verified: ✅🐴🐎🦄🌻5000 posts and counting

X-mas Memes And Images

Post by Tiredretiredlawyer »

IMG_5440.jpeg
IMG_5440.jpeg (94.45 KiB) Viewed 3992 times
"Mickey Mouse and I grew up together." - Ruthie Tompson, Disney animation checker and scene planner and one of the first women to become a member of the International Photographers Union in 1952.
Shizzle Popped
Verified:

X-mas Memes And Images

Post by Shizzle Popped »

Attachment.jpeg
Attachment.jpeg (16.25 KiB) Viewed 3943 times
"Let us tenderly and kindly cherish, therefore, the means of knowledge. Let us dare to read, think, speak, and write."
John Adams
Shizzle Popped
Verified:

X-mas Memes And Images

Post by Shizzle Popped »

IMG_6027.png
IMG_6027.png (189.04 KiB) Viewed 3945 times
"Let us tenderly and kindly cherish, therefore, the means of knowledge. Let us dare to read, think, speak, and write."
John Adams
Shizzle Popped
Verified:

X-mas Memes And Images

Post by Shizzle Popped »

IMG_6028.png
IMG_6028.png (274.83 KiB) Viewed 3945 times
John Adams
Shizzle Popped
Verified:

X-mas Memes And Images

Post by Shizzle Popped »

IMG_6029.png
IMG_6029.png (209.06 KiB) Viewed 3945 times
John Adams
Shizzle Popped
Verified:

X-mas Memes And Images

Post by Shizzle Popped »

IMG_6030.png
IMG_6030.png (421.37 KiB) Viewed 3946 times
John Adams
RTH10260
Verified: ✔️ Eurobot

X-mas Memes And Images

Post by RTH10260 »

Shizzle Popped wrote: Sun Dec 24, 2023 2:09 pm
Attachment.jpeg
Lorelei Rock, US style ...

It has been an infamous maritime disaster site since its first records during the 10th century, with a varied mythos, ranging from dwarfs to a siren trying to explain the high number of ship wrecks and the loud echo inside the passage.[2]
https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Lorelei
poplove
Verified: ✅💚💙💜☮️💐🌈⚽️✅

X-mas Memes And Images

Post by poplove »

anzPAm5_700bwp.webp
anzPAm5_700bwp.webp (67.88 KiB) Viewed 3908 times

Return to “Whatever Doesn't Fit Elsewhere”