2014: MA Gov

Addie

Post by Addie » Wed Jun 19, 2013 12:44 pm

[link]Talking Points Memo,http://livewire.talkingpointsmemo.com/e ... to-run-for[/link]

Former Obama Health Care Official To Run For Mass Gov

Dr. Donald Berwick, who was appointed by President Barack Obama to run the country's Medicare and Medicaid programs in 2010, quietly announced earlier this week that he would be running for Massachusetts governor in 2014.

A pediatrician and self-described progressive, Berwick is known throughout the country as a top leader and advocate for health care reform, the Boston Globe reported Tuesday.

He was Obama's recess appointment in 2010 to lead the Center for Medicare & Medicaid Services, but resigned after 17 months when Republicans vowed to block his confirmation. He is currently a lecturer on health care policy at Harvard Medical School. ...

Berwick joins a potentially crowded gubernatorial field on the Democratic side. Physician Joseph Avellone has already announced that he would run. State Treasurer Steven Grossman, Rep. Michael E. Capuano and State Sen. Dan Wolf are all considering or being talked about for a Democratic nomination bid.
Democracy is a garden that has to be tended. -Barack Obama

Joseph Robidoux III

Post by Joseph Robidoux III » Thu Aug 22, 2013 5:41 am

Former Sen. Scott Brown (R-Mass.) said Wednesday night he will not run for Massachusetts governor in 2014. Brown said he wanted to remain in the private sector, noting that another run for public office would take a lot of “thought, analysis, money and sometimes personal sacrifice.”[/break1]com/blogs/ballot-box/governor-races/318183-brown-opts-out-of-run-for-governor]http://thehill.com/blogs/ballot-box/gov ... r-governorDay'um! Brown just visited the Iowa State Fair to learn if there was any interest in him runing for President in 2016. Those results must have been pretty discouraging if he decided to "remain in the private sector".Brown recently visited the Iowa State Fair, an early proving ground for potential presidential candidates. In a recent interview, he said he was curious if there was an interest in a run in 2016.“I want to get an indication of whether there’s even an interest, in Massachusetts and throughout the country, if there’s room for a bipartisan problem solver," Brown told the Boston Herald. “It’s 2013 — I think it’s premature, but I am curious. There’s a lot of good name recognition in the Dakotas and here – that’s pretty good.”

ProudObot

Post by ProudObot » Thu Aug 22, 2013 11:19 pm

Whewwwww! We don't have to hear about him meeting with kings and queens any more. :-bd

Addie

Post by Addie » Mon Sep 16, 2013 10:21 am

[link]Talking Points Memo,http://livewire.talkingpointsmemo.com/e ... ce?ref=fpb[/link]

Martha Coakley Enters Massachusetts Governor’s Race

Massachusetts Attorney General Martha Coakley (D) launched her campaign for governor of the state on Monday.

A campaign source told the Boston Herald on Sunday that Coakley was expected to kick off her bid with a video on her website, followed by six campaign stops on Monday.

Coakley lost a special Senate election to fill the late Sen. Ted Kennedy's (D) seat to former Sen. Scott Brown (R) in 2010. She is the most widely recognized candidate in a Democratic field that includes former Homeland Security advisor Juliette Kayyem. On the Republican side, only former gubernatorial candidate Charlie Baker has announced a run for the governor's office. :dontwanttolook:
Democracy is a garden that has to be tended. -Barack Obama

Joseph Robidoux III

Post by Joseph Robidoux III » Mon Sep 16, 2013 10:38 am

Tell me she's running as a Republican. {SMILIES_PATH}/pray.gif

SueDB

Post by SueDB » Mon Sep 16, 2013 10:39 am

[link]Talking Points Memo,http://livewire.talkingpointsmemo.com/e ... ce?ref=fpb[/link]

Martha Coakley Enters Massachusetts Governor’s Race

Massachusetts Attorney General Martha Coakley (D) launched her campaign for governor of the state on Monday.

A campaign source told the Boston Herald on Sunday that Coakley was expected to kick off her bid with a video on her website, followed by six campaign stops on Monday.

Coakley lost a special Senate election to fill the late Sen. Ted Kennedy's (D) seat to former Sen. Scott Brown (R) in 2010. She is the most widely recognized candidate in a Democratic field that includes former Homeland Security advisor Juliette Kayyem. On the Republican side, only former gubernatorial candidate Charlie Baker has announced a run for the governor's office. :dontwanttolook:I hope she doesn't think that the job should be a gimme this time. :wave: :wave:
“If You're Not In The Obit, Eat Breakfast”

Remember, Orly NEVAH disappoints!

Foggy

Post by Foggy » Mon Sep 16, 2013 11:28 am

Maybe she will actually run a campaign this time around. :roll:
Every locked door has a key. - Emika Chen

Whatever4

Post by Whatever4 » Tue Sep 09, 2014 10:56 pm

Martha Coakley won, her victory speech is in a few minutes. But Maura Healey, candidate for AG, nailed her victory speech with energy and verve, Coakley is going to look like a robot.
"[Moderate] doesn't mean you don't have views. It just means your views aren't predictable ideologically one way or the other, and you're trying to follow the facts where they lead and reach your own conclusions."
-- Sen. King (I-ME)

Return to “Governors & State Elections”