2014 Governor: Colorado

Joseph Robidoux III

Post by Joseph Robidoux III » Tue Jun 04, 2013 4:32 am

Former Congressman Tom Tancredo (Republican Party then) is running for governor again. Tancredo finished [/break1]sos.state.co.us/pubs/elections/Results/2010/general/ColoradoReport.html]2nd as the American Constitution Party candidate in 2010 but presently is running for the Republican nomination. Tancredo's 2010 campaign website included his standard greetings to Hispanics, :twoup: , in addition to what appears to be his official photo from his pre-2009 days as a [/break1]wikipedia.org/wiki/Tom_Tancredo]congressman (House of Representatives lapel pin included).

I will make Colorado a friendly place for business, and an unfriendly place for illegal aliens.

[/break1]tancredoforgovernor2010.org/]http://www.tancredoforgovernor2010.org/The first sentence qualifies as understatement of the month.

Some political analysts have said that Tancredo’s stances against immigration reform would run counter to the Republican party -- both locally and nationally -- as it attempts to court more Latino voters here in the West.

Other notable names who have indicated they will make a run for governor in 2014 are Secretary of State Scott Gessler and Sen. Greg Brophy of Wray.

[/break1]thedenverchannel.com/news/local-news/tom-tancredo-announces-run-for-colorado-governor-on-peter-boyles-conservative-radio-show-thursday]http://www.thedenverchannel.com/news/lo ... w-thursdayTancredo announced his candidacy on the Peter Boyles Show (seems appropriate) last month.

Boyles has been hailed as "probably the leading birther talk-show host in America," an opponent of undocumented immigrants, Muslims, President Obama and many in the local media.

[/break1]denverpost.com/breakingnews/ci_23380691/controversial-radio-talk-show-host-peter-boyles-out]http://www.denverpost.com/breakingnews/ ... boyles-outA photo of Tancredo taken that day is available at this [/break1]com/2013/05/23/game-on-tom-tancredo-will-seek-gop-nomination-for-governor/]link.

Patagoniagirl

Post by Patagoniagirl » Tue Jun 04, 2013 6:26 am

Egads! How funny JR! My Dad just told me how excited he is that "his guy" is going to run for Guv, and he is ready to vote that bleedin-heart criminal lover Hickenfucker out of office. Just when I though Colorado might be worth all the taxes.

mimi

Post by mimi » Fri Aug 23, 2013 7:50 pm

Poll: Tom Tancredo Looks Competitive In Colorado Governor’s Race

Colorado Gov. John Hickenlooper (D) could have his hands full against the immigration hard-liner who's challenging him next year, according to a Quinnipiac University poll released Friday.

The poll found Hickenlooper leading former Rep. Tom Tancredo (R-CO) by only a point, 46 percent to 45 percent. Quinnipiac's poll in June also showed the Democrat up by only a point.

Quinnipiac's poll also found that majorities of Colorado voters disapprove of Hickenlooper on gun policy and believe the gun measures he signed into law earlier this year go too far.more:

[/break1]talkingpointsmemo.com/entry/poll-tom-tancredo-looks-competitive-in-colorado-governors]http://livewire.talkingpointsmemo.com/e ... -governors

Ida never thunk it.

SPen

Post by SPen » Fri Aug 23, 2013 7:55 pm

Ida never thunk it.That's because he isn't competitive in Colorado. This is another terrible poll of Colorado from Quinnipiac, their second straight. To be fair to them it appears Colorado can be a difficult state to poll but they are definitely one of the worst offenders.

Mr. Gneiss

Post by Mr. Gneiss » Fri Aug 23, 2013 7:56 pm

Don't worry, mimi. Tom's still got a toe or two left that he can (and will) shoot.

mimi

Post by mimi » Mon Mar 31, 2014 11:04 am

Former US Congressman and Colorado Gubernatorial Candidate, Bob Beauprez, is being hit by birther claims he made in 2010 on Stan Soloman's program.Really? He goes on Stan Soloman's program? :-? In a 2010 video interview with far-right talk show host Stan Solomon, Beauprez said, "On the birth certificate, I don't know. I've heard both sides of it. I find it absolutely astounding that if he has one, if this all just a myth, why in the world not put it to bed? There's a reason why they haven't at least settled that controversy.”“If this guy is an American citizen,” Beauprez said, “he's a different kind of an American than virtually any that I know." [1][/break1]org/news/release-demand-beauprez-retract-outrageous-birther-remarks]http://progressnowcolorado.org/news/rel ... er-remarksAnd he should have to answer for that.This race sounds like a real battle with Republicans. There are seven Republicans in the race right now. Bob isn't among the favs.

mimi

Post by mimi » Mon Mar 31, 2014 3:52 pm

Raw Story has the video. (I didn't see it at the other site, but it could be due to Ad Block or whatever).Stan Soloman brings up Tim Adams! And Bob Beauprez takes the bait. He birfs.[/break1]rawstory.com/rs/2014/03/31/colorado-gop-candidate-calls-obama-birth-certificate-a-myth-in-uncovered-video/]http://www.rawstory.com/rs/2014/03/31/c ... red-video/Birther Report has it as well.[/break1]birtherreport.com/2014/03/video-colorado-gubernatorial-candidate.html]http://www.birtherreport.com/2014/03/vi ... idate.htmlI don't think it matters all that much except to highlight the crazy that is the Republican Party. It's not like Beauprez is favored.

SPen

Post by SPen » Tue Apr 01, 2014 1:16 am

Beautiful. The clown-car COGOP might seriously nominate Tancredo... again.

Epectitus

Post by Epectitus » Tue Apr 01, 2014 9:34 am

Beautiful. The clown-car COGOP might seriously nominate Tancredo... again.I've actually got a little bit of an inside track of this race. Scott Gessler is actually a personal friend, and I was privy to the negotiations that got Beauprez into the race. A deal had actually been cut (at the urging of local politicos in conjunction with the RGA) that Tancredo would drop out of the race if Beauprez got in. At the last second, Tom reneged... and the smarter Republicans panicked. Their fear is that a Tancredo / Hickenlooper contest would turn Colorado irremediably blue by putting the nail in the coffin of Latino support for the GOP. Beauprez was going to walk away until he was finally convinced to play the anti-Tancredo.

The GOP will almost certainly shoot their wad again on a bloody primary. And none of them were likely to beat Hickenlooper anyway. Even in spite of his stand on gun control, the Republican business community here loves him.

PS: When I approached a very close Beauprez ally last night (the woman who actually led the negotiations between Tancredo, Beauprez and the RGA) and pointed out that the Birther blogs were embracing Bob as one of their own, she responded with a one word text.

"Gag."
"Hell, I would wear a dress and ruby red slippers all year if we can prove this" - Mike Zullo

Joseph Robidoux III

Post by Joseph Robidoux III » Fri May 09, 2014 10:27 pm

Former Congressman and Colorado gubernatorial hopeful Tom Tancredo told members of the Royal Gorge Tea Party on Thursday that if elected governor in November, he simply wants to "save the state.""I want to feel comfortable again in my own state," he said while addressing the group at its regular monthly meeting at Mountain View Core Knowledge School. "I don't want to look at this place as I do now. It's like a strange environment...it's not the state I grew up in."[/break1]denverpost.com/ci_25727073/colorado-gubernatorial-hopeful-tom-tancredo-colorado-now-strange]http://www.denverpost.com/ci_25727073/c ... ow-strangeCongratulations Colorado! You're obviously doing something right.

Return to “Governors & State Elections”