Republican Plans for First 100 Days

Dr. Kenneth Noisewater

Post by Dr. Kenneth Noisewater » Sun Sep 14, 2014 12:21 pm

So the republicans are feeling very good at their chances. So good that they have put together a plan of the first 100 days of what they would do if they won the Senate.

http://thehill.com/homenews/senate/2175 ... t-100-days

Republicans are putting together an agenda for the first 100 days of 2015 in case they win control of the Senate.[/size]

Authorizing the Keystone XL oil pipeline, approving “fast-track” trade authority, wiping out proposed environmental regulations and repealing the medical device tax top their list.

“Those would all be positive things. You could come up with a list of very positive things and all of us are thinking about those,” said Sen. Bob Corker (R-Tenn.), who is poised to become chairman of the Foreign Relations Committee under a GOP takeover.Notice what's not on the list? Repeal Obamacare.

ZekeB

Post by ZekeB » Sun Sep 14, 2014 12:27 pm

There will be a lot of Redneck Nebraska Republicans who will not be happy if Keystone is approved.

Ano, jsou opravdové. - Stormy Daniels

Foggy

Post by Foggy » Sun Sep 14, 2014 12:53 pm

Their chances of winning the Senate are vanishing rather quickly.

Hopefully, this will blossom into a snowball.
WWG1WGA

realist

Post by realist » Sun Sep 14, 2014 1:02 pm

Their chances of winning the Senate are vanishing rather quickly.Many people are sayng that. I remain unconvinced that their chances are any less than they were 6 months ago. Or a year ago for that matter. Just my .02. Dems historically do not get out and vote in midterms and if they don't this time the chances of the Republicans gaining Senate control are very good, IMO.

ImageX 4 ImageX36

June bug

Post by June bug » Sun Sep 14, 2014 1:43 pm

I'm sorry to say that I'm with realist on this one. :( Hispanic turnout will be key and they're now unhappy enough with Obama's decision to delay executive action on immigration that they may not turn out. Add in voter suppression tactics that have so far passed court muster, and it's not a good mix. Plus, also, too, the Republican field of opportunity only seems to be widening. Note Colorado and New Hampshire looking more and more like pick-up opportunities... I surely don't want to see it happen but right now I think it's more likely than not.

Return to “U.S. Senate”