2014 US Senate: Texas

ducktape

Post by ducktape » Wed Mar 05, 2014 12:29 pm

I see the LaRoucher is still in the race.How the Democratic party can't dump him baffles me. It's odd to see a nutjob like that in the Democrats...has anyone read his stuff? It's wackier than the birther stuff. He believes the British Royal Family are drug-dealers. :crazy:You know, anyone can claim they're a Democrat, and other Democrats cannot stop him/her from doing that.It's one of those pesky freedoms.

kate520

Post by kate520 » Wed Mar 05, 2014 12:38 pm

I've read some accounts from former acolytes that suggest Larouche may have syphilis. It would certainly 'splain some things.Democrats don't kick people out. We just ignore them.

DEFEND DEMOCRACY

Volkonski

Post by Volkonski » Wed Mar 05, 2014 12:43 pm

The good news is that Alameel came in close to 50% and well ahead of Rogers. The Democrats will be able to prevent Rogers from getting the nomination. Alameel has no chance to win in November but at least Rogers won't be the Democratic candidate.

Image“If everyone fought for their own convictions there would be no war.”
― Leo Tolstoy, War and Peace

Volkonski

Post by Volkonski » Wed Mar 05, 2014 1:31 pm

I see the LaRoucher is still in the race.How the Democratic party can't dump him baffles me. It's odd to see a nutjob like that in the Democrats...has anyone read his stuff? It's wackier than the birther stuff. He believes the British Royal Family are drug-dealers. :crazy:You know, anyone can claim they're a Democrat, and other Democrats cannot stop him/her from doing that.It's one of those pesky freedoms.True, but the DNC should distance themselves from LaRouche, by about 80,000 miles.The Texas Demcratic Party has tried-State Democratic Executive Committee (SDEC) Has Resolved: WHEREAS, the rules of the Texas Democratic Party (Art. I, B, 1.) require that no test of membership, nor oaths of loyalty, to the Texas Democratic Party shall be used if those oaths or tests would have the effect of requiring members of the Democratic Party to acquiesce in, condone or support discrimination based on race, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, religion and ethnic origin, now therefore be it RESOLVED, that no Rules or Declarations of the Texas Democratic Party that require support for Party nominees shall be enforced or have any application as they relate to the candidacy of any person identifying him or herself as aligned with the LaRouche Movement or Lyndon LaRouche, and, be it further RESOLVED, thatMembers, Officers and Candidates of the Texas Democratic Party are neither required nor encouraged to support the candidacy of any person indentifying him or herself as aligned with the LaRouche Movement or Lyndon LaRouche but are nevertheless free to relate to, describe and interact with any such candidates or campaigns as they individually deem appropriate, and, be it further RESOLVED, that the Texas Democratic Party will have no relationship with the campaign of any person indentifying him or herself as aligned with the LaRouche Movement or Lyndon LaRouche; no such campaigns will have access to Party materials or data, no listing on the Party website and no position of privilege, recognition, or credentialing at Party meetings or conventions.[/break1]txdemocrats.org/pdf/Kesha-Rogers.pdf]http://www.txdemocrats.org/pdf/Kesha-Rogers.pdf

Image“If everyone fought for their own convictions there would be no war.”
― Leo Tolstoy, War and Peace

magdalen77

Post by magdalen77 » Thu Mar 06, 2014 9:47 am

It is a cold and wet day today for the primary which may mean low turnout. Highs will be in the 30's . Some areas have ice. I have jury duty and am at a county courthouse today. It is very busy. I doubt that most of the people here even know the primary is today. They have more immediate concerns.Strange. Courthouses are closed on election days in PA.

bob

Post by bob » Thu Mar 06, 2014 7:26 pm

Weigel: [/break1]slate.com/articles/news_and_politics/politics/2014/03/texas_tea_party_candidates_lose_big_john_cornyn_and_pete_sessions_win_easily.html]Texas Buck-rakers:

How the Texas Tea Party became nothing more than an effort to take people’s money.

Days before the election, Stockman [highlight]claimed an endorsement from “the head of one of the biggest Tea Party[/highlight] groups in America.” Jenny Beth Martin, the head of Tea Party Patriots, had not endorsed him. She’d given a nice quote about him [highlight]to WND—in December[/highlight].

[...]

Actually, if you’d been following Stockman’s race on WND, Tuesday’s result would have stunned you. The conservative news site reported that Stockman was following a “Cruz missile” strategy and closing the gap with Cornyn, citing one Human Events/Gravis poll that ended up missing the result by 25 points. [highlight]Jerome Corsi[/highlight], the author of the investigative journalism classic Where’s the Birth Certificate?, endorsed Stockman and wrote credulous WND columns about his race. Stockman had blown off Texas reporters and made no public campaign appearances since January. He gave Corsi an exclusive interview.

The broader right has an uneasy relationship with Corsi and WND. It’s not just that the site obsessively covered conspiracies about President Obama’s citizenship or that it bought billboards to advance the conspiracies. It’s that the site twins conservative news with get-rich-quick, survive-the-apocalypse, buy-buy-buy ad scams. Eric Hoffer’s theory that every political cause becomes a “business, then eventually degenerates into a racket,” is proved every day at WND. It’s proved in less noticeable ways on the email lists of defeated presidential candidates like Herman Cain that have been sold to quacks.

Imagex6 Imagex2 Imagex4 Imagex2

Joseph Robidoux III

Post by Joseph Robidoux III » Thu Aug 14, 2014 2:08 pm

Unless there is a news article forthcoming about Sen Cornyn being caught in bed with a live boy or dead girl there probably isn't a good reason to spend a whole lot of time with this race. As one of Cornyn's constituents would say, Alameel is brunt toast.[/break1]photobucket.com/user/Joseph_Robidoux_III/media/Politics/2014%20Elections/2014%20US%20Senate/Texas/USSenateTX2014-08-14a_zps713da25c.jpg.html]http://i1143.photobucket.com/albums/n63 ... 3da25c.jpg[/break1]photobucket.com/user/Joseph_Robidoux_III/media/Politics/2014%20Elections/2014%20US%20Senate/Texas/USSenateTX2014-08-14b_zpsb90d2d30.jpg.html]http://i1143.photobucket.com/albums/n63 ... 0d2d30.jpg[/break1]realclearpolitics.com/epolls/2014/senate/tx/texas_senate_cornyn_vs_alameel-5011.html]http://www.realclearpolitics.com/epolls ... -5011.html

Return to “U.S. Senate”