US Senate: New Hampshire

mimi

Post by mimi » Thu Apr 04, 2013 10:48 pm

Former Massachusetts US Sen. Scott Brown not ruling out run in New HampshireNASHUA, N.H. — Declaring that he’s likely not done with politics, former U.S. Sen. Scott Brown from Massachusetts refused Thursday to rule out a run for office in New Hampshire, while describing the Granite State as “almost a second home.”“I don’t think I’m done with politics,” the Republican told reporters after delivering the keynote address at a New Hampshire dinner commemorating the anniversary of Martin Luther King Jr.’s death.Asked if he might challenge Democratic Sen. Jeanne Shaheen of New Hampshire in 2014, Brown said: “I’m not going to rule out anything right now.”[/break1]washingtonpost.com/national/former-massachusetts-us-sen-scott-brown-not-ruling-out-run-in-new-hampshire/2013/04/04/6ddccc44-9d87-11e2-9219-51eb8387e8f1_story.html]http://www.washingtonpost.com/national/ ... story.htmlAnd the NH Dems immediately sent out a fundraising letter with the Subject Line: bqhatevwr

ProudObot

Post by ProudObot » Thu Apr 04, 2013 10:56 pm

Wonder if he'll actually qualify as a NH resident next year. I don't know the law there, but maybe he'll pull a stunt like Romney did when he ran for governor in MA. Brown lies as easily as Mitt does, ie "meeting with kings and queens". Hey, whatever he thinks he can get away with, he'll try.

Joseph Robidoux III

Post by Joseph Robidoux III » Sat Apr 13, 2013 10:37 pm

Former Sen John Sununu (R-NH) says he's not running against Sen Jeanne Shaheen (D-NH)."I'm not running for anything," the 48-year-old former one-term senator and three-term U.S. House member told UnionLeader.com in an exclusive interview Friday."Campaigns are about timing, and I've got two daughters in high school and I want to spend time with them," he said.Shaheen defeated Sununu in 2008 after he beat her in 2002, and many Republicans in New Hampshire and Washington believed he would be the strongest challenger to Shaheen in 2014.[/break1]unionleader.com/article/20130412/NEWS06/130419623]http://www.unionleader.com/article/2013 ... /130419623

A Legal Lohengrin

Post by A Legal Lohengrin » Sat Apr 13, 2013 10:48 pm

Former Sen John Sununu (R-NH) says he's not running against Sen Jeanne Shaheen (D-NH).Good. FTG.

Joseph Robidoux III

Post by Joseph Robidoux III » Thu Jan 16, 2014 7:01 pm

I recall reading about former Sen Smith's decision to run against Sen Shaheen again but for some reason didn't post anything here. Dec 2, 2013":12gkz1f7">Former Sen. Robert C. Smith, who served two terms before losing the GOP nomination in 2002, told WMUR that he has decided to run for his former seat. This is a change of heart from October, when Smith said he had decided against a bid.Smith opted to run as most every other top Republican in the state, including former Reps. Charlie Bass and Jeb Bradley, decided against it.[/break1]rollcall.com/former-senator-to-challenge-shaheen-in-new-hampshire/]http://atr.rollcall.com/former-senator- ... hampshire/Mimi made a post Dec 3 about Smith's decision to run in the "Birther Potpourri" thread.http://www.thefogbow.com/forum/viewtopi ... 67#p567767

Joseph Robidoux III

Post by Joseph Robidoux III » Fri Mar 14, 2014 8:20 pm

The Massachusetts carpetbagger is preparing for a Senate campaign.

[Former Massachusetts Sen Scott] Brown said he has filed an exploratory committee for a Senate run and started a listening tour in the state to gauge support for his candidacy. He also launched a Web video that features New Hampshire residents urging him to run.

[/break1]com/blogs/ballot-box/200884-brown-files-exploratory-committee-launches-statewide-listening-tour-for-nh]http://thehill.com/blogs/ballot-box/200 ... our-for-nh

Joseph Robidoux III

Post by Joseph Robidoux III » Sun Mar 16, 2014 12:46 am

It will be interesting to see some polls 30 days after Scott Brown formally declares his candidacy.[/break1]photobucket.com/user/Joseph_Robidoux_III/media/Politics/2014%20Elections/2014%20US%20Senate/New%20Hampshire/USSenateNH2014-03-15_zpse7064ce6.jpg.html]http://i1143.photobucket.com/albums/n63 ... 064ce6.jpg[/break1]realclearpolitics.com/epolls/2014/senate/nh/new_hampshire_senate_brown_vs_shaheen-3894.html]http://www.realclearpolitics.com/epolls ... -3894.html

SueDB

Post by SueDB » Sun Mar 16, 2014 6:56 am

Sometimes carpetbaggers can have a tough time. :lol:

“If You're Not In The Obit, Eat Breakfast”

Remember, Orly NEVAH disappoints!

Sterngard Friegen

Post by Sterngard Friegen » Sun Mar 16, 2014 1:03 pm

Yes. (Pierre Salinger.)And no. (Bobby Kennedy, Hillary Clinton.)

SPen

Post by SPen » Sun Mar 16, 2014 6:29 pm

It's honestly not even a lock that Brown will win the Republican primary. Bob Smith might be able to hang with him, but Brown may be able to just swamp him with money to get the nod. Brown's been seeing his numbers slip a little as outside groups have been pounding him with negative advertisements. I fully expect for Shaheen do do a little "ratfucking" (campaign term) in hopes of helping Smith get the nod in the primary.

Addie

Post by Addie » Tue Sep 09, 2014 9:03 pm

Associated Press

Brown wins New Hampshire Republican Senate primaryCONCORD, N.H. (AP) — Former Massachusetts U.S. Sen. Scott Brown won New Hampshire's Republican U.S. Senate primary on Tuesday, moving forward in his attempt to get back to Washington from another state.

Brown faced nine opponents in the primary, though only two mounted serious campaigns, and he was the front-runner from the start. He'll face Democratic incumbent Jeanne Shaheen in November in one of a handful of races that will decide control of the Senate for the final two years of President Barack Obama's term.

This is Brown's third U.S. Senate campaign in five years. One of the original tea party favorites, he shocked the nation by winning a special election to replace the late Edward Kennedy, a Massachusetts Democrat, in 2010. After getting soundly defeated by consumer advocate Elizabeth Warren, a Democrat, in 2012, he moved to New Hampshire, where he had a vacation home and had lived as a toddler, seeking an alternate route to Washington.

If Brown is successful, he would become only the third U.S. senator to serve multiple states.

¡Qué vergüenza!

Whatever4

Post by Whatever4 » Tue Sep 09, 2014 9:52 pm

And if Brown loses, he will be the first male US Senate candidate to lose twice to a female candidate.Edited -- I mean in the November election, as Brown has won the Republican primary with 50%. His next two opponents pretty much split the rest of the votes.

"[Moderate] doesn't mean you don't have views. It just means your views aren't predictable ideologically one way or the other, and you're trying to follow the facts where they lead and reach your own conclusions."
-- Sen. King (R-ME)

Whatever4

Post by Whatever4 » Tue Sep 09, 2014 10:23 pm

Watching the local election returns. Did anyone realize that Internet Powerhouse Andy Martin --AKA Anthony Robert Martin-Trigona--was running against Scott Brown? http://www.andymartin2014.com/He has 1% of the vote, with 466 votes so far. (65% reporting).

"[Moderate] doesn't mean you don't have views. It just means your views aren't predictable ideologically one way or the other, and you're trying to follow the facts where they lead and reach your own conclusions."
-- Sen. King (R-ME)

Return to “U.S. Senate”