E.W. Jackson, Virginia Lieutenant Governor Candidate

SueDB

Post by SueDB » Thu Jun 06, 2013 1:44 pm

Looks like it's time for this little repiggie to have his very own thread

[/break1]huffingtonpost.com/2013/06/05/ew-jackson-yoga-satanic-possession_n_3392386.html]Satanic Possession caused by Yoga

E.W. Jackson, Virginia's GOP lieutenant governor candidate, is no stranger to controversy. A conservative pastor, Jackson has previously come under fire for comparing Planned Parenthood to the Ku Klux Klan, calling gay rights "ikky" and saying President Barack Obama has a "Muslim perspective."

This week, Jackson is being skewered yet again -- this time for saying that doing yoga may leave unsuspecting people vulnerable to satanic possession.

In a post for the National Review on Wednesday, Betsy Woodruff highlighted some quotes from Jackson's 2008 book Ten Commandments to an Extraordinary Life: Making Your Dreams Come True. Among them was one about the hazards of yoga.

"When one hears the word meditation, it conjures an image of Maharishi Yoga talking about finding a mantra and striving for nirvana," Jackson wrote in his book,

“If You're Not In The Obit, Eat Breakfast”

Remember, Orly NEVAH disappoints!

SueDB

Post by SueDB » Thu Jun 06, 2013 1:49 pm

[/break1]com/518733/gop-downward-facing-dog-invites-satan-to-invade-your-empty-vacuum#more-518733]Wonkette.com is all over this morsel of moralityGOP: Downward Facing Dog Invites Satan To ‘Invade Your Empty Vacuum’by DDMCareful of your 'empty vacuum,' ladies and gents.After a stressful day of working (or hanging out in a workplace man cave), many Americans unwittingly risk handing their immortal souls over to Beelzebub through smoking weed premarital sex witchcraft yoga. Satan is apparently incarnated in that cute yoga instructor, tempting you to deny the One True God for that sweet sweet release found in the Revolved Half Moon Pose.Or so said real-life not-a-joke GOP nominee for Lieutenant Governor Bishop Ewwwwwww Jackson back in 2008: When one hears the word meditation, it conjures an image of Maharishi Yoga talking about finding a mantra and striving for nirvana. . . . The purpose of such meditation is to empty oneself. . . . [Satan] is happy to invade the empty vacuum of your soul and possess it. That is why people serve Satan without ever knowing it or deciding to, but no one can be a child of God without making a decision to surrender to him. Beware of systems of spirituality which tell you to empty yourself. You will end up filled with something you probably do not want.Read more at [/break1]com/518733/gop-downward-facing-dog-invites-satan-to-invade-your-empty-vacuum#LRXVKTP0HpM2zl4Y.99]http://wonkette.com/518733/gop-downward ... pM2zl4Y.99

“If You're Not In The Obit, Eat Breakfast”

Remember, Orly NEVAH disappoints!

TollandRCR

Post by TollandRCR » Thu Jun 06, 2013 1:59 pm

Looks like it's time for this little repiggie to have his very own thread..."When one hears the word meditation, it conjures an image of Maharishi Yoga talking about finding a mantra and striving for nirvana," Jackson wrote in his book,The Catholic nun who taught a group of us to do mindfulness meditation would be rather surprised to hear this. So would be the many monks and nuns who have practiced meditation for centuries. Those long covered walkways, such as you see at The Cloisters, were not simply for getting from place to place; walking meditation is taught in both Christianity and Buddhism.

“The truth is, we know so little about life, we don’t really know what the good news is and what the bad news is.” Kurt Vonnegut

Chilidog

Post by Chilidog » Thu Jun 06, 2013 2:04 pm

It all starts with a little "downward dog" and the next thing you know, you're dancing in a woolkie suit at a furry party.

Emma

Post by Emma » Thu Jun 06, 2013 5:06 pm

Looks like it's time for this little repiggie to have his very own thread..."When one hears the word meditation, it conjures an image of Maharishi Yoga talking about finding a mantra and striving for nirvana," Jackson wrote in his book,The Catholic nun who taught a group of us to do mindfulness meditation would be rather surprised to hear this. So would be the many monks and nuns who have practiced meditation for centuries. Those long covered walkways, such as you see at The Cloisters, were not simply for getting from place to place; walking meditation is taught in both Christianity and Buddhism.Baptists and other fundamentalists do not believe Catholics to be true Christians; they're all going to hell. And Buddhists? Pfft.

RoadScholar

Post by RoadScholar » Fri Jun 07, 2013 11:15 am

"If we need a gay-rights bill, then we need an adulterers' rights bill, we need a cohabitators' rights bill, a pedophiles' rights bill, and a sadomasochists' rights bill." -EWJackson, 1980

The bitterest truth is healthier than the sweetest lie.
X3

Volkonski

Post by Volkonski » Fri Jun 07, 2013 11:17 am

Almost makes me wish I lived in Virginia so I could vote against this guy.

Image“If everyone fought for their own convictions there would be no war.”
― Leo Tolstoy, War and Peace

Piffle

Post by Piffle » Fri Jun 07, 2013 11:35 am

If E. W. Jackson didn't exist the Virginia Tea Party would have found it necessary to invent him.

A Legal Lohengrin

Post by A Legal Lohengrin » Fri Jun 07, 2013 12:13 pm

"If we need a gay-rights bill, then we need an adulterers' rights bill, we need a cohabitators' rights bill, a pedophiles' rights bill, and a sadomasochists' rights bill." -EWJackson, 1980The poor little dear wants protections for all HIS hobbies too!

Skip Intro

Post by Skip Intro » Mon Jun 10, 2013 7:12 pm

Virginia GOP Lt. Gov. Candidate: "Satanic Rock," Witches Destroying SocietyRev. E.W. Jackson, the Republican nominee to be the next lieutenant governor of Virginia, has a well-documented history of saying pretty crazy things. He thinks gays are "ikky." He compared a non-discrimination bill to "a pedophiles' rights bill." He accused President Obama of using NASA to "expand Islam." He believes yoga is a gateway to Satan. And in his 2008 book, Ten Commandments to an Extraordinary Life, Jackson warned that "satanic rock," rap music, and modern-day "witchcraft" were leading to a societal breakdown. Here are some of the highlights from that book.[/break1]motherjones.com/mojo/2013/06/ew-jackson-rap-and-satanic-rock-destroying-america]http://www.motherjones.com/mojo/2013/06 ... ng-america

In the Trump era anything is true if enough people believe it.

mimi

Post by mimi » Thu Jun 13, 2013 10:13 am

Jackson did a 70-minute press conference where he answered questions about his past.

Steve Contorno live-tweeted it. You can see that here until it scrolls off:

[/break1]com/scontorno]https://twitter.com/scontorno

The AP wrote it up here:

E.W. Jackson acknowledges drug use, bankruptcy

[/break1]com/2013/06/ew-jackson-acknowledges-drug-use-bankruptcy]http://hamptonroads.com/2013/06/ew-jack ... bankruptcy

I never knew he got his law degree from Harvard.

TexasFilly

Post by TexasFilly » Thu Jun 13, 2013 10:24 am

Jackson did a 70-minute press conference where he answered questions about his past.

Steve Contorno live-tweeted it. You can see that here until it scrolls off:

[/break1]com/scontorno]https://twitter.com/scontorno

The AP wrote it up here:

E.W. Jackson acknowledges drug use, bankruptcy

[/break1]com/2013/06/ew-jackson-acknowledges-drug-use-bankruptcy]http://hamptonroads.com/2013/06/ew-jack ... bankruptcy

[highlight]I never knew he got his law degree from Harvard[/highlight]. =))

I also read he wrote a book about the Ten Commandments, with "Commandments" misspelled on the cover. :lol:

I love the poorly educated!!!

I believe Anita Hill! I believe Dr. Ford!

Tomtech

Post by Tomtech » Thu Jun 13, 2013 2:22 pm

I also read he wrote a book about the Ten Commandments, with "Commandments" misspelled on the cover. :lol:He couldn't use the usual spelling since his book created a new set of "Comandments (sic)".

The Chriscam is open for public viewing.

TexasFilly

Post by TexasFilly » Thu Jun 13, 2013 2:52 pm

I also read he wrote a book about the Ten Commandments, with "Commandments" misspelled on the cover. :lol:He couldn't use the usual spelling since his book created a new set of "Comandments (sic)".Yabbut it was spelled correctly on the back cover.

I love the poorly educated!!!

I believe Anita Hill! I believe Dr. Ford!

mimi

Post by mimi » Thu Jun 13, 2013 4:10 pm

Yabbut Jackson's book was self-published.

kate520

Post by kate520 » Thu Jun 13, 2013 4:45 pm

That attention to detail is just part the cool skill set he'll bring to the job, along with his comandments. Cuz one of my favorite things is people in positions of power with their own set of rules ya gotta follow or else.

DEFEND DEMOCRACY

esseff44

Post by esseff44 » Thu Jun 13, 2013 4:55 pm

Smart-ass question of the moment: How can you fill something with the Holy Spirit if you don't empty the trash first? It you empty it out or the Holy Spirit has got to come in like gangbusters and do the job for you. If if the Holy Spirit can come busing in, what to keep Satan for doing the same thing, eh?I am not a theologian nor have I taken classes at Harvard Divinity School, but I did take a course with Rollo May about Myths as Psychic Reality.

Skip Intro

Post by Skip Intro » Thu Jun 20, 2013 11:57 am

Virginia Lt. Gov. Candidate Says Social Programs Hurt ‘Black Family’ More Than SlaveryThe Virginia GOP's nominee for lieutenant governor, E.W. Jackson, gave a speech Wednesday in which he claimed government social programs have done more harm to the "black family" than slavery. Jackson explained that "programs that began in the sixties" hurt the African-American community because they encouraged people to feel women did not need men "in the home." “My great grandparents, Gabriel and Elijah Jackson were slaves and sharecroppers in Orange County, Va. I am a direct descendant of slaves. My grandfather was born there, to a father and a mother who had been slaves. And by the way, their family was more intact than the black family is today and I’m telling you that slavery did not destroy the black family even though it certainly was an attack on the black family," said Jackson. "It made it difficult, but I’ll tell you that the programs that began in the sixties, the programs that began to tell women that you don’t need a man in the home, the government will take care of you, that began to tell men, you don’t need to be in the home, the government will take care of this woman and take care of these children. That’s when the black family began to deteriorate."[/break1]talkingpointsmemo.com/entry/virginia-lt-gov-candidate-says-government-social-programs?ref=fpblg]http://livewire.talkingpointsmemo.com/e ... ?ref=fpblg

Sterngard Friegen

Post by Sterngard Friegen » Thu Jun 20, 2013 12:04 pm

Jackson did a 70-minute press conference where he answered questions about his past. [snip] I never knew he got his law degree from Harvard.centerhttp://2.bp.blogspot.com/-E9XlXx88wvk/ToNeLJI5m4I/AAAAAAAABLk/fxvjry0VoxA/s1600/god_please_make_it_stop.jpg[/img]

Hektor

Post by Hektor » Thu Jun 20, 2013 12:07 pm

So slavery was better public policy than the welfare state? :-k

Skip Intro

Post by Skip Intro » Thu Jun 20, 2013 12:32 pm

So slavery was better public policy than the welfare state? :-kNo matter what you think about the effect of social programs, I find it hard to believe anyone would say they're more disruptive to a family than being captured, transported across the world against your will, then sold at auction. I guess all of the African families that were destroyed by the practice of slavery don't count to E. W. Jackson.

Sterngard Friegen

Post by Sterngard Friegen » Thu Jun 20, 2013 12:38 pm

Beatings, rapes and being refused education were also hallmarks of slavery. This person is a disgrace to the human race.

Hektor

Post by Hektor » Thu Jun 20, 2013 12:53 pm

So slavery was better public policy than the welfare state? :-kNo matter what you think about the effect of social programs, I find it hard to believe anyone would say they're more disruptive to a family than being captured, transported across the world against your will, then sold at auction. I guess all of the African families that were destroyed by the practice of slavery don't count to E. W. Jackson.Agreed. Slavery was an immoral institution. Slaves were separated from their families when they were bought and sold to different owners. Female slaves were coerced into sex with their owners and the progeny disowned. Many slaves died in the poor conditions of the Atlantic transit. It was a brutal "peculiar" institution, built on blood, death and terror. Whatever criticisms one might have of the modern welfare state, I find it excruciatingly odd to feel that they surpass that of the horrors of the antebellum south.

Return to “Governors & State Elections”