Wyoming 2016 US House

esseff44

Wyoming 2016 US House

Post by esseff44 » Tue Aug 16, 2016 6:48 pm

Today is primary day in Wyoming. Liz Cheney is among the GOPers running in the primary for Wyoming's one seat in the US House of Representatives.

http://www.sfgate.com/news/article/The- ... 145308.php

BillTheCat

Re: Wyoming 2016 US House

Post by BillTheCat » Tue Aug 16, 2016 7:12 pm

..And she's going to win. :sick:

I can't even imagine the kind of electorate that would go ahead and vote for that nasty piece of work. :blackeye:

'But I don't want to go among mad people,' said Alice. 'Oh, you can't help that,' said the cat. 'We're all mad here.'
-Lewis Carroll

Whatever4

Post by Whatever4 » Wed Aug 17, 2016 10:52 am

Liz Cheney appears to be on her way to Congress
http://www.msnbc.com/rachel-maddow-show ... _fb_maddow
Incumbent Rep. Cynthia Lummis (R), who has served as Wyoming’s sole representative for the last eight years, is stepping down at the end of this Congress. There was a large GOP primary field, which Cheney ended up leading with relative ease.

Yesterday’s results don’t guarantee Cheney’s place in Congress, but given Wyoming’s status as a ruby-red state, it’s widely assumed that the winner of the Republican primary is well positioned to win the U.S. House seat in the fall.

What’s especially notable about Cheney’s victory is the degree to which the former Fox News pundit and State Department official had to undo the damage done by her last congressional bid.

"[Moderate] doesn't mean you don't have views. It just means your views aren't predictable ideologically one way or the other, and you're trying to follow the facts where they lead and reach your own conclusions."
-- Sen. King (I-ME)

fierceredpanda
Location: BAR Headquarters - Turn left past the picture of King George III

Post by fierceredpanda » Wed Aug 17, 2016 10:57 am

Plus ça change, plus c'est la même chose.

I guess we can take heart in knowing that there is gender-equal opportunity for nepotistic, warmongering, paranoid psychopaths in the US House of Representatives.

"There's no play here. There's no angle. There's no champagne room. I'm not a miracle worker, I'm a janitor. The math on this is simple; the smaller the mess, the easier it is for me to clean up." -Michael Clayton

Return to “U.S. House of Representatives”