Hillary Clinton's e-mail /Debunking the lies

RTH10260

Re: Hillary Clinton's e-mail /Debunking the lies

Post by RTH10260 »

Off Topic
Sorry, but I think this question may fit some what in this thread [smearing HRC]:

There have been accusations swirling the internet that back when the nasty earthquake stroke Haiti, the the Clintons profited from the aid moneys personally and enriched themselves thru the Clinton Foundation. What is the actual basis to these rumors, how could the Clintons profit personally? I understand that there was a grey area where HRC as SoS had staff sorted requests from companies that wished to invest in rebuilding in Haiti with aid of US government money. Seems some donors to the Clinton Foundation may have received preferential treatment in submitting their requests.

Any clarification, please?
Fortinbras

Post by Fortinbras »

HRC did the right thing asking the FBI to lay its cards on the table ASAP. Frankly, I think that the email fuss scarcely qualifies as a "scandal". What little we know indicates that no secret information fell into enemy hands. Most voters are probably baffled by the tech talk and are puzzled by their own email services, so they don't blame HRC for cutting corners on email.

I think this will not affect the election outcome. I also thought, twelve years ago, that Britney Spears had a weak voice, one octave, and couldn't be successful.
RoadScholar

Post by RoadScholar »

Fortinbras wrote:HRC did the right thing asking the FBI to lay its cards on the table ASAP. Frankly, I think that the email fuss scarcely qualifies as a "scandal". What little we know indicates that no secret information fell into enemy hands. Most voters are probably baffled by the tech talk and are puzzled by their own email services, so they don't blame HRC for cutting corners on email.

I think this will not affect the election outcome. I also thought, twelve years ago, that Britney Spears had a weak voice, one octave, and couldn't be successful.
She isn't successful as a singer. She's successful as a cheesecake pop star.

So you weren't wrong!
The bitterest truth is healthier than the sweetest lie.
X3
Orlylicious
Location: @orly_licious With Pete Buttigieg and the other "open and defiant homosexuals" --Bryan Fischer AFA
Occupation: #StuggersForBiden "Do Nothing Democrat Savage" -- Donald, 9/28/19 and "Scalawag...Part of an extreme, malicious leftist internet social mob working in concert with weaponized, socialized governments to target and injure political opponents.” -- Walt Fitzpatrick

Post by Orlylicious »

Hey I work for Britney, if you had as much hardship and drama in your life maybe you'd be more forgiving. Back to HRC I hope.
David Rothschild ‏@DavMicRot 2m 2 minutes ago
State markets back up to pre-FBI situation. Topline markets still little down. Settling in at 88-89% down from 90-91% http://predictwise.com/politics/2016-president-winner
Avatar: Trump Secret Weapon: Tony Baba Looey! And hey, don't miss The Fogbow's Favourite TV Show™ starring the titular Mama June Shannon! Returns 2021. TVShowsAce featured Fogbow's love 5/26/20: https://bit.ly/2TNxrbS[/b]
TexasFilly

Post by TexasFilly »

*Sigh* Been out living life today. Heard an hysterical Tweety on the car radio at about 4.

When the Orlando attack happened, and it came out that the FBI had investigated the shooter not once, but twice, but never bothered to interview his ex-wife, I said Obama should fire Comey by the end of the day. I wish he had.

Interesting use of the word "pertinent" in Comey's letter. Not "relevant" but "pertinent." I seem to recall that the DOJ held off indicting the former Governor of Virginia until after the election. Mr. Comey appears to think it's just fine to write letters about ongoing investigations, casting shadowy aspersions 11 days before a Presidential election. Feh!
I love the poorly educated!!!

Kevin McCarthy: Paul Ryan playing with a head injury -- Jon Lovett
Skip Intro

Post by Skip Intro »

In the Trump era anything is true if enough people believe it.
p0rtia

Post by p0rtia »

Oh please let that be true.
No matter where you go, there you are! :towel:
ImageImageImage
TexasFilly

Post by TexasFilly »

p0rtia wrote:Oh please let that be true.
Don't get too excited. It's pretty milquetoast: http://www.snopes.com/2016/10/28/compla ... mes-comey/

p0rtia

Post by p0rtia »

TexasFilly wrote:
p0rtia wrote:Oh please let that be true.
Don't get too excited. It's pretty milquetoast: http://www.snopes.com/2016/10/28/compla ... mes-comey/
Yep. Checked it out after I posted. Looks like one step up from a change.org petition.
No matter where you go, there you are! :towel:
ImageImageImage
YellowMustard

Post by YellowMustard »

Don't know the accuracy, but supposedly some guy on a plane is/was sitting near an FBI agent who was talking about today's email story:
Jeremy Dickey ‏@JeremyDDickey 2h2 hours ago Arlington, VA
@FBI official on my plane openly saying how crazy Comey's letter was.
0 replies 652 retweets 711 likes

Update he now is talking about how the NY FBI office pressed to have the A. Weiner info leaked
0 replies 134 retweets 114 likes

Jeremy Dickey ‏@JeremyDDickey 2h2 hours ago Alexandria, VA
He's now saying that the NY @FBI office and DC office are openly feuding due to the #EricGarner case takeover
0 replies 135 retweets 115 likes

Jeremy Dickey ‏@JeremyDDickey 2h2 hours ago Alexandria, VA
Same @FBI official says it's reckless and crazy to have released this letter now but it ultimately shows the inner agency struggle
0 replies 141 retweets 137 likes

He ended the conversation with saying "it doesn't matter Clinton will win and Comey needs to be out"
0 replies 114 retweets 167 likes

He just called someone else to vent about the letter–now saying that he's shocked that "straight shooter Comey" would pull this stunt
0 replies 98 retweets 117 likes

Now saying "You know how the run things out of NY office, they would have leaked the email connection with Weiner"
0 replies 73 retweets 81 likes

Jeremy Dickey
‏@JeremyDDickey
It's actually surreal how openly he's spouting this in a plane taking off from Reagan.
----IANAL----

Call me old fashioned, but I always thought patriotism was something we share, not use against each other. - Mrs. Betty Bowers https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=8xV8HHFtg7w
YellowMustard

Post by YellowMustard »

And an interesting observation:
Jeff Gauvin ‏@JeffersonObama 2h2 hours ago
I never thought in my lifetime, following politics since I was a kid, that the FBI & Kremlin would be working to take down a Pres. candidate
----IANAL----

Call me old fashioned, but I always thought patriotism was something we share, not use against each other. - Mrs. Betty Bowers https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=8xV8HHFtg7w
TexasFilly

Post by TexasFilly »

I watched a documentary a few weeks ago about an FBI agent who was connecting the dots about Bin Laden and was essentially forced out due to his outspoken nature and a turf war between the NY FBI office and headquarters. I can't remember the poor fellow's name, but he left to become head of security at the WTC and was killed in the 9/11 attacks. So, the turf war sounds very familiar.

It always amazes me that people think nobody can overhear them on their phones (no less on an airplane and an FBI agent to boot!) or read what they are viewing on their laptops.

Maybenaut

Post by Maybenaut »

Here's what the New York Post plans to run tomorrow:

"Hey! You know, we left this England place because it was bogus. So if we don't get some cool rules ourselves, pronto, we'll just be bogus too." - Thomas Jefferson
Suranis

Post by Suranis »

RTH10260 wrote:
Off Topic
Sorry, but I think this question may fit some what in this thread [smearing HRC]:

There have been accusations swirling the internet that back when the nasty earthquake stroke Haiti, the the Clintons profited from the aid moneys personally and enriched themselves thru the Clinton Foundation. What is the actual basis to these rumors, how could the Clintons profit personally?
Basically its saying that the clinton foundation collected millions for Haiti earthquake relief but somehow did very little on the ground, therefore all the money went into their own eeeeevil pocket.

Its easily debunked by pointing out that the Clinton foundation are not the only bunch that spent big on Haiti and achieved damn all.

https://www.propublica.org/article/how- ... lt-6-homes
The difference between the Middle Ages, and the Age of the Internet, is that in the Middle Ages no-one thought the Earth was flat.
Foggy

Post by Foggy »

TollandRCR wrote:We won't know until after the election whether there is anything in those e-mails that implicates Secretary Clinton in anything criminal or endangering national security.
When they release 10,000 emails to the press, they assign a team and read them all in a day, and then report what's in them. The only reason we won't know until after the election is that there's nothing incriminating in them. The FBI has had plenty of time to read every single one. Comey wants people to think there might be something bad, but if there was, he'd have released the emails themselves instead of the letter.
Only 11 days until the election!

:resist:
Chilidog

Post by Chilidog »

I think he still needs to get a search warrent to actually obtain the email.
Sugar Magnolia

Post by Sugar Magnolia »

Chilidog wrote:I think he still needs to get a search warrent to actually obtain the email.
If they were on Weiner's phone they already have a search warrant for that. The sender wouldn't matter and I don't believe they need a search warrant for each incoming email.

Our detective told us Monday that he's received the phone records from the suspect's phone and there are 1600 pages. He's reading text messages from and to the suspect so the subpoena/search warrant covers both incoming and outgoing information.
Hercule Parrot

Post by Hercule Parrot »

NotaPerson wrote:What the fuck was she thinking when she, as a government employee who would be handling sensitive and classified info, decided to set up a private email server in her home which would handle her State Department emails?

It is just so fucking absurd. I understand she did it out of convenience related to devices she used at the time for checking her email. We all know damn good and well that this is not a good excuse. I've thought this from the first day the story broke. For over 20 years I've worked for a federal government contractor that handles much confidential info from the Census Bureau and survey respondents, etc. (none of it remotely relevant to national security). I know that if I had done what she did and it were found out, my career would be ruined. I might well have been fined or even gone to jail. Yeah, I know Colin Powell did it too, but he isn't running for president so that's moot.

IIRC, career bureaucrats in the State Dept tried to warn her, way back when she was first setting up this private email server, that it was a really bad idea. She ignored them. SHE FUCKING IGNORED THEM. There would never have been a scandal if she had simply listened to the people who knew better than her.
I agree. While it can be argued that little actual harm has been proven to result from it (yet...) this was a nonetheless a spectacularly poor leadership decision. Like the captain of a long-haul 747 deciding that the plane's navigation systems are rubbish, so he's going to use this really cool app on his iPhone instead. Brushing aside the protests of his flight deck crew, at the time and afterwards, blithely refusing to accept that there's any reason for concern. And then a year later making a very forced and insincere u-turn, "Okay, I've said it was a mistake. Let's move on".
listeme

Post by listeme »

Again, I remind you: this was not an account for classified communications.

She did not decide to use her blackberry for classified communications. She did not set up a server in her basement for classified communications. Y'all are saying "gosh, it was such bad judgment for her to do this thing for classified communications!"

Well, GOOD NEWS! She didn't.
We're used to being told it's our fault that men don't listen to us.
GreatGrey

Post by GreatGrey »

TollandRCR wrote:In September 2013, Comey was appointed Director of the FBI by President Barack Obama
And fired by Obama in December 2016.
I am not "someone upthread".
Trump needs to be smashed into some kind of inedible orange pâté.
Reality Check

Post by Reality Check »

GreatGrey wrote: And fired by Obama in December 2016.
:clap:
"“If you’re not outraged, you’re not paying attention.”

Heather Heyer, November 2016
Reality Check

Post by Reality Check »

listeme wrote:Again, I remind you: this was not an account for classified communications.

She did not decide to use her blackberry for classified communications. She did not set up a server in her basement for classified communications. Y'all are saying "gosh, it was such bad judgment for her to do this thing for classified communications!"

Well, GOOD NEWS! She didn't.
There sure seems to be a lot of Monday morning quarterbacking going on. Most of it ill informed too. Also remember that Clinton was last Secretary of State almost 4 years ago. I know my company's practices on emails have changed drastically in the last few years. You used to be able to auto-forward all of your emails to a personal account. They don't allow that any longer. A lot of people are using 2016 standards to evaluate her practices.
"“If you’re not outraged, you’re not paying attention.”

Heather Heyer, November 2016
Kriselda Gray
Location: FEMA Camp 2112 - a joint project of the U.S. and Canada

Post by Kriselda Gray »

First 4 graphs from new WaPo article:
Justice officials warned FBI that Comey’s decision to update Congress was not consistent with department policy

By Sari Horwitz October 29 at 11:30 AM

Senior Justice Department officials warned the FBI that Director James B. Comey’s decision to notify Congress about renewing the investigation into Hillary Clinton’s private email server was not consistent with long-standing practices of the department, according to officials familiar with the discussions.

Comey told Justice officials that he intended to inform lawmakers of newly discovered emails. These officials told him the department’s position “that we don’t comment on an ongoing investigation. And we don’t take steps that will be viewed as influencing an election,” said one Justice official who spoke on condition of anonymity to describe the high-level conversations.

“Director Comey understood our position. He heard it from Justice leadership,” said the official. “It was conveyed to the FBI, and Comey made an independent decision to alert the Hill. He is operating independently of the Justice Department. And he knows it.”

Comey decided to inform Congress that he would look again into Hillary Clinton’s handling of emails during her time as secretary of state for two main reasons: a sense of obligation to lawmakers and a concern that word of the new email discovery would leak to the media and raise questions of a coverup.
The rest: http://swns.us/2eGxZfS
Ignorance and prejudice and fear walk hand in hand... - "Witch Hunt" by Rush

Thor promised to slay the Ice Giants
God promised to quell all evil
I'm not seeing any Ice Giants... :thor:
TollandRCR

Post by TollandRCR »

Why would Hillary's assistant Huma have been sending classified e-mails to her husband? It makes no sense in any world in which Huma is assumed to be competent. So I suspect this is all a red herring.
“The truth is, we know so little about life, we don’t really know what the good news is and what the bad news is.” Kurt Vonnegut
listeme

Post by listeme »

TollandRCR wrote:Why would Hillary's assistant Huma have been sending classified e-mails to her husband? It makes no sense in any world in which Huma is assumed to be competent. So I suspect this is all a red herring.
She wasn't.

Her account wasn't for classified communications.
We're used to being told it's our fault that men don't listen to us.

Return to “Presidential Election”