Failed Donald Drumpf Businesses

Dolly

Re: Failed Donald Drumpf Businesses

Post by Dolly » Sun Mar 12, 2017 9:22 am

Gnarly Goat wrote: Post: #838115 Gnarly Goat - Thu Nov 03, 2016 5:02 am
Good overview of a Trump project failure replete with bankruptcies, fraud allegations, and The Donald walking away with his cash.
A Trump Tower Goes Bust in Canada
Canada's highest court upholds ruling that Donald Trump did mislead investors
'Both believed that buying into the Trump project would be an excellent investment,' says Justice Paul Rouleau. 'And in time, both came to realise that they were wrong'

A lawsuit alleging that Donald Trump and a real estate development firm misled investors, has been upheld by Canada's highest court.

Sarbjit Singh and Se Na Lee alleged they were sold units in Toronto's, Trump International Hotel, under false pretences.

The pair claimed they were misled to believe their investments would see returns ranging from 7.7 per cent to 20.9 per cent. Instead, they said they lost a combined C$1.2m (£732,810).

The Ontario Court of Appeal last year, sided with them in their case against Mr Trump, Talon International Development and former executives of that firm.

That decision was backed by The Supreme Court of Canada which upheld the lower court's ruling and refused to hear an appeal from the defendants. <SNIP>
http://www.independent.co.uk/news/world ... 23566.html

also
Lani wrote:Conflicts of Interests/Corruption #45's Administration

Meanwhile, failed Trump hotel in Canada:
CBC News Alerts‏Verified account @CBCAlerts 5h5 hours ago

Court-run sale of Trump-branded hotel in Toronto receives no bids. Ownership likely to fall to investment firm that loaned project $300M.

Avatar by Tal Peleg Art of Makeup https://www.facebook.com/TalPelegMakeUp

Tiredretiredlawyer
Occupation: Permanent probationary slave to 1 dog, 1 cat, and 1 horse, 4 granddogs, and one grandcat.

Post by Tiredretiredlawyer » Sun Mar 12, 2017 12:36 pm

#DontheCon at his best usual.

A 19th Amendment Centennial Moment: On July 28, 1919, Arkansas became the 12th state to adopt the 19th Amendment.

Flatpointhigh
Occupation: Voice Actor, Podcaster, I hold a Ph.D in Procrastination.

Post by Flatpointhigh » Mon Mar 13, 2017 9:29 pm

That is how he operates.

My Name is...
Daffy Duck.. woo hoo!
Cancer broke me

Skip Intro

Post by Skip Intro » Mon Mar 13, 2017 10:32 pm

Flatpointhigh wrote:That is how he operates.
It's how he always operates, yet he never has any problem finding suckers with money to "invest" with him.

In the Trump era anything is true if enough people believe it.

Flatpointhigh

Post by Flatpointhigh » Mon Mar 13, 2017 10:35 pm

:rotflmao:
Skip Intro wrote:
Flatpointhigh wrote:That is how he operates.
It's how he always operates, yet he never has any problem finding suckers with money to "invest" with him.

My Name is...
Daffy Duck.. woo hoo!
Cancer broke me

MN-Skeptic

Post by MN-Skeptic » Mon Apr 10, 2017 2:23 pm

From Mother Jones:

Leaked Email: President Trump's Modeling Agency Is Shutting Down
One of President Donald Trump's favorite businesses will go the way of Trump Steaks, Trump University, Trump Airlines, and Trump Magazine: his embattled New York modeling firm, Trump Model Management, has officially told its business associates around the world to prepare for its closure, according to an email obtained by Mother Jones.

Over the weekend, Corinne Nicolas, president of Trump Models, informed industry colleagues of the pending closure of the 18-year-old agency, in which Trump owns an 85 percent stake (according to his most recent financial disclosure). "The Trump Organization is choosing to exit the modeling industry," Nicolas wrote in the email. "On the heels of the recent sale of the Miss Universe Organization, the company is choosing to focus on their core businesses in the real estate, golf and hospitality space." (The Trump Organization sold the Miss Universe Organization, which also runs the Miss USA beauty pageant, to the talent agency WME-IMG about 18 months ago, following a controversy over then-candidate Trump's remarks about Mexican immigrants.)

:snippity:

Mother Jones reported before the election that Trump's modeling agency had a history of employing foreign models who said they violated immigration rules by working in the United States without work visas. That investigation also detailed how Trump Models forced its recruits to pay sky-high rent to live in crammed living quarters, while levying a dizzying number of fees and expenses on its talent that left some models in deep debt to the agency.

Since Trump's election, models and staff members have been fleeing his agency. Industry sources told Mother Jones last week that this was a direct result of Trump's divisive politics, which have made his brand toxic in the modeling world.
More at the link.

MAGA - Morons Are Governing America

RoadScholar

Post by RoadScholar » Mon Apr 10, 2017 3:58 pm

Now that he can't grab their pussies any longer he's not interested.

The bitterest truth is healthier than the sweetest lie.
X3

Flatpointhigh

Post by Flatpointhigh » Mon Apr 10, 2017 5:15 pm

RoadScholar wrote:Now that he can't grab their pussies any longer he's not interested.
or force them into indentured servitude.

My Name is...
Daffy Duck.. woo hoo!
Cancer broke me

Notorial Dissent

Post by Notorial Dissent » Tue Apr 11, 2017 6:11 am

Or slavery sweatshop environment, is what it sounds like to me. How typical.

The fact that you sincerely and wholeheartedly believe that the “Law of Gravity” is unconstitutional and a violation of your sovereign rights, does not absolve you of adherence to it.

Foggy

Post by Foggy » Wed Apr 12, 2017 12:06 pm

The only truly impressive thing about him is, he's an asshole on so many more levels than anyone I've ever heard of before.

Oh, did I just end a sentence with TWO prepositions? Gold star for the day!

But you know what I mean. Other famous assholes were so limited in their assholery.

I put the 'fun' in dysfunctional.

Kendra

Post by Kendra » Tue Apr 25, 2017 10:59 am

RTH10260 wrote:Back from July 2016, so may have been already listed, but turned up fresh for me:
Circuit Court Judge Jorge Cueto, presiding over a lawsuit related to unpaid bills brought by a local paint store against the Trump National Doral Miami golf resort, ordered the billionaire politician’s company to pay the Doral-based mom-and-pop shop nearly $300,000 in attorney’s fees.

All because, according to the lawsuit, Trump allegedly tried to stiff The Paint Spot on its last payment of $34,863 on a $200,000 contract for paint used in the renovation of the home of golf’s famed Blue Monster two years ago.

Trump National’s insistence that it had “paid enough” for the paint despite a contract, according to the lawsuit, caused The Paint Spot to slap a lien on the property and Cueto to order the foreclosure sale of the resort.

In time, Donald Trump’s company got the judge to cancel the June 28 courthouse auction after it placed the $34,000 in escrow, and the case was put on hold while Trump National’s owner, Trump Endeavor, considered an appeal.

But the lien remained.
http://www.miamiherald.com/entertainmen ... 53232.html
http://www.miaminewtimes.com/news/donal ... se-9275404

"We further hold that Trump failed to establish that it was adversely affected by the error contained in the NTO," the ruling says. "We also affirm the final judgment awarding attorney’s fees."

So now, the president of the United States of America, whose sons now technically run his companies, will be forced to either admit he got beat by a tiny Miami paint company or will need to file a whole appeal to the Florida Supreme Court over $32,000 in paint. Good thing he "became president"

Whatever4

Post by Whatever4 » Tue Jun 06, 2017 12:52 am

Here's a future failure.

Trump to launch new 'American Idea' budget hotel chain with 'patriotic' theme
The Trump Organization is set to launch a budget-minded “three-star hotel chain with a patriotic flair, echoing President Trump’s campaign slogan about putting America first and reflecting the organization’s promise to enter into new deals only in the United States,” the New York Times reports:
The intention is to differentiate the chain, called American Idea, by featuring artifacts of American culture in the hotels, such as an old Coca-Cola machine in the lobby or American-made sundries in the rooms.

And while the Trump Organization and its business partner say the down-market move is not about politics, the president’s business is inherently viewed through that lens: The chain will make its debut in little-known towns in Mississippi, a state in the heart of Trump country that favored him over Hillary Clinton by a margin of 18 percentage points. The organization’s business partner in Mississippi is a family-owned hotel company whose co-owner met Mr. Trump at a campaign event last summer and donated to his campaign.

This new chain is an unlikely venture for a company commonly associated with luxury accommodations in upscale locations, and it indicates that the Trumps see dollar signs in the vast support the campaign received from conservative areas well beyond major cities. The first hotels are expected to come online quickly because they will involve rebranding existing properties like Holiday Inns and Comfort Inns.
In recent interviews, various Trump Org executives gave hints that an affordable Trump Hotel was on the way. In April 2016, they filed for a trademark on the 'American Idea' name.
http://boingboing.net/2017/06/05/americ ... trump.html

The hotel equivalent to Denny's!

"[Moderate] doesn't mean you don't have views. It just means your views aren't predictable ideologically one way or the other, and you're trying to follow the facts where they lead and reach your own conclusions."
-- Sen. King (I-ME)

Notorial Dissent

Post by Notorial Dissent » Tue Jun 06, 2017 2:28 am

I would say considering it's LaRump, more likely a roach/bedbug motel.

The fact that you sincerely and wholeheartedly believe that the “Law of Gravity” is unconstitutional and a violation of your sovereign rights, does not absolve you of adherence to it.

Sugar Magnolia

Post by Sugar Magnolia » Tue Jun 06, 2017 4:59 am

Whatever4 wrote:Here's a future failure.

Trump to launch new 'American Idea' budget hotel chain with 'patriotic' theme
The Trump Organization is set to launch a budget-minded “three-star hotel chain with a patriotic flair, echoing President Trump’s campaign slogan about putting America first and reflecting the organization’s promise to enter into new deals only in the United States,” the New York Times reports:
The intention is to differentiate the chain, called American Idea, by featuring artifacts of American culture in the hotels, such as an old Coca-Cola machine in the lobby or American-made sundries in the rooms.

And while the Trump Organization and its business partner say the down-market move is not about politics, the president’s business is inherently viewed through that lens: The chain will make its debut in little-known towns in Mississippi, a state in the heart of Trump country that favored him over Hillary Clinton by a margin of 18 percentage points. The organization’s business partner in Mississippi is a family-owned hotel company whose co-owner met Mr. Trump at a campaign event last summer and donated to his campaign.

This new chain is an unlikely venture for a company commonly associated with luxury accommodations in upscale locations, and it indicates that the Trumps see dollar signs in the vast support the campaign received from conservative areas well beyond major cities. The first hotels are expected to come online quickly because they will involve rebranding existing properties like Holiday Inns and Comfort Inns.
In recent interviews, various Trump Org executives gave hints that an affordable Trump Hotel was on the way. In April 2016, they filed for a trademark on the 'American Idea' name.
http://boingboing.net/2017/06/05/americ ... trump.html

The hotel equivalent to Denny's!
Or Waffle House. I suspect Denny's would be considered upscale in comparison.

Suranis

Post by Suranis » Tue Jun 06, 2017 5:21 am

Honestly, I thought Dennys was quite nice, and the food was pretty good. So hey.

Learn to Swear in Latin. Profanity with class!
https://blogs.transparent.com/latin/lat ... -in-latin/

Jez

Post by Jez » Tue Jun 06, 2017 7:48 am

So, he's going to try and create another chain of Motel 6 type properties. Makes me wonder how kitsch those are going to be. M6 went minimalist Euro back in 2011 when Accor started refurbing the properties. It was then sold to Blackstone in late 2012, and they continued the refurb in a minimalist style. Platform beds with a mattress, wood laminate flooring, etc. Last time I talked to a friend of mine that worked there, they were just finishing up the updates. Between the two companies, they spent almost a billion dollars to update all the corporate owned motels.

Maybe M6 isn't that "American" anymore? And La Quinta is just funny sounding, not 'murkin enough.

Wonder if they are going to build new anywhere or just reflag? Anything going to be corp owned, or is it all going to be franchise? Would love to see that franchise agreement. I know M6's was kinda strict on what could and could not be done. If I remember correctly, there was also a provision for updating the hotel within a certain time frame if corporate changed the decor (such as they did going minimal). LQs is strict as well as to what can an cannot be in the rooms.

Well, I'll never stay in one, I can guarantee you that.

ETA: They will play with it a couple of years, then sell off the brand when he's out of office since they won't be able to capitalize on the idea anymore. Also, the profit margin on economy motels is very very slim.

I have learned silence from the talkative, toleration from the intolerant, and kindness from the unkind; yet, strange, I am ungrateful to those teachers.

~Khalil Gibran

TollandRCR

Post by TollandRCR » Tue Jun 06, 2017 9:07 am

There is already a budget chain America's Best Inns. They are also repurposed old name brands, perhaps once Motel 6. I and Sammy and Cisco stayed in one outside Providence RI in order to get some heat after 11 days without it. It was our great November snowstorm. Power was down in most of New England due to fallen trees. They were the ones who accepted cats. It had never been a 3 star facility.

Many low-priced motels are owned and run by immigrants especially Indians. I suspect the Trump spawn think they can beat these immigrants. Not likely.

“The truth is, we know so little about life, we don’t really know what the good news is and what the bad news is.” Kurt Vonnegut

SLQ

Post by SLQ » Tue Jun 06, 2017 9:14 am

So Beavis and Butthead have figured out that Trumpkins don't stay in $300 or $500 a night hotels. And they think they've figured out a way to grift off them by providing a "patriot" hotel. [Some of] his fans will save their pennies for the privilege of spending $89 for one night, and then post selfies to social media next to the 'murican flag and photo of Trump in Trump's hotel.

"Try not. Do or do not. There is no try."
-- Yoda

Whatever4

Post by Whatever4 » Tue Jun 06, 2017 9:18 am

Proposed name: Trump Dump

"[Moderate] doesn't mean you don't have views. It just means your views aren't predictable ideologically one way or the other, and you're trying to follow the facts where they lead and reach your own conclusions."
-- Sen. King (I-ME)

jmj

Post by jmj » Tue Jun 06, 2017 10:05 am

Just about the only thing that Trump's businesses have going for them is their "image". They have somehow managed to associate the Trump name and brand with ostentatious luxury in many peoples' minds. So their new idea is to open a chain of roach motels? Brilliant move. Their business acumen is second to none.

Sterngard Friegen

Post by Sterngard Friegen » Tue Jun 06, 2017 10:10 am

Whatever4 wrote:Proposed name: Trump Dump
Also known as "Motel 66" for the minimum age of the guests attracted to this brilliant new idea.

I smell failure all over it. So Trump needs to sell some suckers his name for the project, get paid, and then not care if it succeeds. Because it won't.

Kendra

Post by Kendra » Tue Jun 06, 2017 10:52 am

Whatever4 wrote:Proposed name: Trump Dump
You win the internet today :thumbs:

NotaPerson

Post by NotaPerson » Mon Nov 20, 2017 6:03 pm

Trump’s declining popularity is hurting his businesses
... a survey conducted by FairFX, a British international currency provider, discovered the asking price of the lowest cost room of the 13 Trump hotel properties it surveyed has fallen, on average, more than a third between January of 2017 and January of 2018. These hotels are located both nationally and internationally. The nightly charge for the cheapest room at the Trump Doral in Miami fell by 46 percent, while the Las Vegas property saw a drop of almost two thirds for their lowest priced room. International properties also saw declines – the price to stay at the Vancouver property fell by more than 50 percent, for example.
And that brings us to the overarching issue: Distaste for the president, his actions and his policies. In September, Post reporting found that a large number of sports teams were avoiding the Trump hotels. “Some coaches and players have made it clear that Trump’s politics definitely factors into their decision to stay elsewhere,” the New York Post reported as a follow-up.
https://www.washingtonpost.com/blogs/pl ... 1b125bf796

:clap:

Am I being detained?

TollandRCR

Post by TollandRCR » Mon Nov 20, 2017 6:56 pm

Foggy wrote:
Wed Apr 12, 2017 12:06 pm
The only truly impressive thing about him is, he's an asshole on so many more levels than anyone I've ever heard of before.

Oh, did I just end a sentence with TWO prepositions? Gold star for the day!

But you know what I mean. Other famous assholes were so limited in their assholery.
Foggy, if you had just had the foresight to adopt Roy Cohn as your mentor you could also have cultivated all those despicable traits.

I have never known how much of this was taught by his father. We do know there were issues of racial discrimination.

“The truth is, we know so little about life, we don’t really know what the good news is and what the bad news is.” Kurt Vonnegut

Addie

Post by Addie » Thu Nov 23, 2017 8:18 am

Associated Press
Billionaire could get $5.6M in state funds for Trump Plaza demolition

ATLANTIC CITY -- A New Jersey redevelopment agency has given preliminary approval to a $5.6 million payment to billionaire investor Carl Icahn to help pay for the demolition of part of Atlantic City's former Trump Plaza casino.

The Casino Reinvestment Development Authority on Tuesday determined that a request by Icahn to use funds from state-mandated casino investment alternative taxes toward the $13.2 million demolition cost would qualify for assistance, pending a final determination. ...

At issue is the so-called investment alternative tax, a 1.25 percent levy that all Atlantic City casinos must pay in addition to their 8 percent state tax on gambling revenue. The funds were intended to fund redevelopment projects in Atlantic City, but for decades they were used on projects throughout the state.

A change in state law last year mandated that these funds go to Atlantic City to help pay down its massive debt. But funds paid by the casinos before the change are still eligible to be used for projects deemed beneficial to the city.

Trump Plaza, opened by now-President Donald Trump in 1984 and shut down in 2014, sits on prime Boardwalk land at the end of the Atlantic City Expressway, the city's main entranceway. As a casino owner, Trump marketed the casinos as being at "The center of it all."

Democracy is a garden that has to be tended. -Barack Obama

Return to “Presidential Election”