Hillary Rodham Clinton vs. Donald John Trump 2016

Who Will Win The 2016 US Presidential Election?

Hillary Rodham Clinton
95%
Donald John Trump
5%

Total votes: 155

Slim Cognito

Re: Hillary Rodham Clinton vs. Donald John Trump 2016

Post by Slim Cognito »

I look forward to the avalanche of books that will be written on this election season. Well, the ones written by sane people.
ImageImageImage x4

kate520

Post by kate520 »

Can I just be really shallow for a moment?

Robby Mook is adorable!
DEFEND DEMOCRACY

Flatpointhigh
Occupation: Voice Actor, Podcaster, I hold a Ph.D in Procrastination.

Post by Flatpointhigh »

:yeah:

My Name is...
Daffy Duck.. woo hoo!
Cancer broke me

RTH10260

Post by RTH10260 »

I tell you, these elections are rigged ;)
Military Members Donating Way More Cash to Clinton Than to Trump
by OpenSecrets Staff | 1:32 pm, November 5th, 2016 266

Active and retired members of the military have been showing far more support for Democratic presidential nominee Hillary Clinton than for her Republican rival, at least as measured by the checks they’ve written to her campaign.

Individuals who listed their employers as the U.S. Department of Defense or major branches of the military, or who say they’re retired from one of those, have contributed a total of $972,709 to both nominees so far this year. Clinton has claimed $771,471 of the contributions, or nearly 80 percent.

All major branches of the armed forces – including the Army, Air Force, Navy, Marine Corps and Coast Guard – have favored Clinton to a much greater degree than GOP nominee Donald Trump. Members of the Army have contributed more than other branches of the service this cycle, giving a total of $191,712 to the two presidential hopefuls, 72 percent of which went to Clinton.

Meanwhile, it’s the Air Force that has given the largest portion of its contributions to Trump, though it still favors Clinton by a lot. Trump received 39 percent of the $110,711 given to the two candidates by people connected to the Air Force.
http://lawnewz.com/politics/military-me ... -to-trump/

Foggy
Occupation: Hayseed from North Cackilacki, Space Cadet, and your benevolent Dick Tater

Post by Foggy »

kate520 wrote:Can I just be really shallow for a moment?

Robby Mook is adorable!
The Sexism Police are pulling into your driveway RIGHT NOW. :mrgreen:
America Is Closed For The Duration - Sorry We Missed You

(Fogbow on PayPal)

SueDB

Post by SueDB »

RTH10260 wrote:I tell you, these elections are rigged ;)
Military Members Donating Way More Cash to Clinton Than to Trump
by OpenSecrets Staff | 1:32 pm, November 5th, 2016 266

Active and retired members of the military have been showing far more support for Democratic presidential nominee Hillary Clinton than for her Republican rival, at least as measured by the checks they’ve written to her campaign.

Individuals who listed their employers as the U.S. Department of Defense or major branches of the military, or who say they’re retired from one of those, have contributed a total of $972,709 to both nominees so far this year. Clinton has claimed $771,471 of the contributions, or nearly 80 percent.

All major branches of the armed forces – including the Army, Air Force, Navy, Marine Corps and Coast Guard – have favored Clinton to a much greater degree than GOP nominee Donald Trump. Members of the Army have contributed more than other branches of the service this cycle, giving a total of $191,712 to the two presidential hopefuls, 72 percent of which went to Clinton.

Meanwhile, it’s the Air Force that has given the largest portion of its contributions to Trump, though it still favors Clinton by a lot. Trump received 39 percent of the $110,711 given to the two candidates by people connected to the Air Force.
http://lawnewz.com/politics/military-me ... -to-trump/
The Air Force is still dealing with the Christian Fundamentalist 5th column within their ranks. It was supposed to be the service for smart people, but that was long ago.

The military in the past 2 elections supported Obama over the GOP candydates.
“If You're Not In The Obit, Eat Breakfast”

Remember, Orly NEVAH disappoints!

TollandRCR

Post by TollandRCR »

New York Times November 5, 2016 Imagining America on Nov. 9 by the Editorial Board
This surreal, miserable presidential campaign exposed a lot of rot in our democracy’s infrastructure, and anger in the populace. Those conditions are related. It has exposed a sick Republican Party. Some in the never-Trump movement tried and failed to stop the nominee. But history will not be kind to the other Republicans who, out of cravenness or calculation, sidled up to a man they knew to be unfit for office. Paul Ryan, Mitch McConnell, Ted Cruz, Marco Rubio — weaklings all. A party of holier-than-thous standing athwart history, saying, “Stop Hillary, whatever the damage.” Mike Huckabee, on Twitter, shared this pithy lunacy: “Trump may be a car wreck, but at least his car is pointed in right direction.”

It is a history of coded race-baiting combined with myopia and cowardice that puts the Republican establishment in lock step now with the alt-right, the Ku Klux Klan, the racists and misogynists and nut jobs, the guy who shouts “Jew-S.A.,” the crowds that scream, “Lock her up.” For some it is taxes, abortion or immigration, for many it is simply Clinton hatred that allows them to justify supporting a candidate who also stands for torture, reckless war, unchecked greed, hatred of women, immigrants, refugees, people of color, people with disabilities. A sexual predator, a business fraud, a liar who runs on a promise to destroy millions of immigrant families and to jail his political opponent.

If Mr. Trump is rejected on Tuesday, the nation will have a momentary breather. And some good news to build on. The Republicans who have spent the last weeks and months jumping on, then off, then on the Trump bus will have been discredited, and some may be unseated. Those in the Trump inner circle will be freshly disgraced, and perhaps go away — like Rudy Giuliani, former New York mayor, now Mr. Trump’s conspiracy ghoul, and Gov. Chris Christie of New Jersey, who has been separately brought low in an unrelated courtroom drama. And the electorate will have demonstrated its decency.

The rejection of Trump is the simple part. Win or lose, the harder job will be confronting the conditions that spawned him. This country’s problems will still be deep and complex, and the Republicans in Congress show no signs of giving Mrs. Clinton any more respect than they gave President Obama, or of abandoning their jihad against responsible governing. If she wins, Mrs. Clinton will have the burden of managing the jihadis, while governing for the benefit not only of her supporters but also of the tens of millions who will have voted for Mr. Trump expecting — against all evidence — that he will make everything better. It won’t be easy.
“The truth is, we know so little about life, we don’t really know what the good news is and what the bad news is.” Kurt Vonnegut

kate520

Post by kate520 »

Thank you, Tolland.

Dear NYT,

Yes, our troubles are deep and complex, but I don't believe you've completely identified the reason. You correctly identified the failings of the Republican Party but neglected to mention the partisan, propagandizing Republican media that pounded the message home to their party, their people, day after month after year that the other party is made up entirely of liars and thieves and crooks trying to steal everything of value from Real Americans like them.

No wonder the base hates us. They wont bother to find out if any of what they hear is true, they'll just hate. There is, however, no excuse for the crass, unfounded behavior of those politicians you mentioned, those who truly know better and, if they don't, have no business being leaders.

Reap what you've sewn. America.
DEFEND DEMOCRACY

esseff44

Post by esseff44 »

Wouldn't that be: Wear what you have sewn, America. :think:

Gnarly Goat

Post by Gnarly Goat »

Although by no means a data scientist or political expert, Drew Magary (one of my favorite sports writers) offers a simple analysis of why Trump's doomed.
I tweeted about this yesterday, but I’m gonna put the take here because maybe you’re already freaking out about Tuesday and starting to drink heavily. Here’s the deal: Donald Trump is going to get his ass kicked. Anyone who says otherwise is either a) afraid of jinxing it and/or making Hillary Clinton voters complacent (understandable); b) afraid of being wrong (Nate Silver); c) supporting Trump; or d) interested in making this a “horse race” for the sake of maintaining public interest (most of the television media, along with grotesque shitbags like Mark Halperin).

But this isn’t close, and never was. The evidence right there in front of you, if you care to notice. Donald Trump has never led in an aggregate of polls for any significant stretch of time. He hasn’t personally raised any money for his campaign in over a month. He lost all three debates. He’s made virtually no effort to get his voters to the polls, instead relying on a Republican party that is being badly outspent and reduced to waging repugnant (and likely illegal) voter-suppression efforts that—despite being successful in some small areas—will ultimately turn legions more voters against them.

He also made no effort to consolidate his party, and that apathy was on full display at the RNC. It ain’t like the guy has done much to win them over since then, either. Republicans dislike their candidate far more than Democrats dislike theirs. Yes, there is a very loud and visible contingent of Trump voters, especially online. But that army of Nazi Frogs tends to over-amplify Trump’s support, just like commenters are rarely representative of the full audience for any web post (wait for the comments on this post to fill if you require proof).

Trump is basically counting on voters to come out for him based on the sheer force of his personality, which is utterly repellent. Early voting already indicates that he’s fucked. Sure, he has a “path” to victory, if he wins a handful of states he has little chance of winning, slays a dragon, walks across a tightrope while balancing a baseball bat in his tiny palm, and recites the alphabet backwards and in Greek. It’s not akin to missing a chip shot field goal, or an underdog winning the World Series, or any other dumb sports analogy.
http://theconcourse.deadspin.com/donald ... 1788618628
"Don't waste time mourning. Organize." - Joe Hill

Sugar Magnolia

Post by Sugar Magnolia »

esseff44 wrote:Wouldn't that be: Wear what you have sewn, America. :think:
Or "rip what you have sewn".

Sterngard Friegen

Post by Sterngard Friegen »

along with grotesque shitbags like Mark Halperin
:thumbs:

Reality Check

Post by Reality Check »

Sterngard Friegen wrote:
Did you catch Brian Williams dressing down of Halperin the other day?
"“If you’re not outraged, you’re not paying attention.”

Heather Heyer, November 2016

RoadScholar

Post by RoadScholar »

Sugar Magnolia wrote:
:lovestruck:
The bitterest truth is healthier than the sweetest lie.
X3

TollandRCR

Post by TollandRCR »

Sterngard Friegen wrote:
Not to be confused with Mark Helprin, author of Winter's Tale, a beautiful book about the "greatest house ever built," New York City.
“The truth is, we know so little about life, we don’t really know what the good news is and what the bad news is.” Kurt Vonnegut

esseff44

Post by esseff44 »

There were many twists and turns in the fight over whether someone could collect absentee ballots and mail them or turn them in for a group of other people. Several people noted here that they handed their ballots to a relative to turn in. Is it only Arizona that requires a voter to mail his own ballot himself? How would they know whether a relative or friend or caretaker dropped it off instead?

The SCOTUS decided to allow the ban on collecting ballots stand. One of the reasons given was the propensity not to change laws so close to election day.

Then, I read this:
As an example of the hardship the law causes, the plaintiffs brought up the Tohono O'odham Nation, an Indian tribe whose land is the size of Connecticut and which has only one post office. For tribe members who don't have a car, personally bringing their absentee ballot to the one post office could be difficult, if not impossible. Absent the law, a tribal member with a car could go collect ballots from many members and bring them all to the post office at once. With this ruling, that is not allowed. The argument that the law would affect minorities more than voters in general did not sway the Court. However, another factor is that courts don't like to change election procedures just before an election. (V)
http://www.electoral-vote.com/evp2016/P ... tml#item-5

I can understand rural people not having a car or a way to get to the polls to vote or to the local post office miles away. My grandparents were in that situation. Here's my question? How do they usually get their mail or send mail? My g-parents had Rural Route Delivery. The letter carrier picked up their mail as well as delivered it. They never had to go to the post office. I can also hand my outgoing mail to my letter carrier or leave it for him to pick up. Why wouldn't the tribal members have that same service? Couldn't they give their ballots to the mail carrier or did the law ban that,, too.?

TollandRCR

Post by TollandRCR »

With all the cynicism, lies, and hatred of the past eight years and especially of this presidential election, I think we might need a reminder of these words, this music, and these, the people.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=3prOBEThoA8

Orlylicious
Location: With Pete Buttigieg and the other "open and defiant homosexuals" --Bryan Fischer AFA
Occupation: "Do Nothing Democrat Savage" -- Donald, 9/28/19 and "Scalawag...Part of an extreme, malicious leftist internet social mob working in concert with weaponized, socialized governments to target and injure political opponents.” -- Walt Fitzpatrick

Post by Orlylicious »

Breaking Breaking!
FBI.PNG
You do not have the required permissions to view the files attached to this post.
Hey! Don't miss The Fogbow's Favorite TV Show™ starring the titular Mama June Shannon -- "Mama June: From Not To Hot -- Family Crisis!" New Season in starts 3/27 9/8C March on weTV!

Volkonski

Post by Volkonski »

Image“If everyone fought for their own convictions there would be no war.”
― Leo Tolstoy, War and Peace

ZekeB

Post by ZekeB »

I now see where Trump got ideas about how to fashion his hair.
Trump: Er hat eine größere Ente als ich.

Putin: Du bist kleiner als ich.

Sunrise

Post by Sunrise »

TollandRCR wrote:With all the cynicism, lies, and hatred of the past eight years and especially of this presidential election, I think we might need a reminder of these words, this music, and these, the people.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=3prOBEThoA8
Definitely dusty in here. :lovestruck:

SuzieC
Occupation: Attorney since 1977. Litigator for 33 years. For 8 years so far Admin Law Judge for 3 state agencies.

Post by SuzieC »

Fogbowzers: what are your plans for election night coverage? I'm thinking livestream--Kos? 538?--and MSNBC on mute in the background.

Lani

Post by Lani »

After his speech, Obama spent a moment with J.J. Holmes, a 12-year-old boy with a severe case of cerebral palsy who had been pushed out of a Trump rally Saturday in Tampa. A White House photographer snapped photographs of Obama shaking hands with J.J. and standing behind the boy's wheelchair, according to a pool report.

J.J. said that he had gone to the Saturday rally to protest Trump's mocking of people who have disabilities. His mother, Alison Holmes, brought her son, who speaks only through a computer vocalization device. “The crowd started chanting 'U-S-A' and pushing his wheelchair,” Holmes said.

As Holmes spoke, J.J. said through his vocalization device: “I hate Donald Trump. I hate Donald Trump.”

Holmes looked down at her son with what seemed to be a mixture of pride and concern. “We were put out by security,” she said. “Mr. Trump kept saying, 'Get them out.' "
https://www.google.com/amp/s/www.washin ... id-verizon
Insert signature here: ____________________________________________________

AgentOrangeTabby

Post by AgentOrangeTabby »

I feel like :happydance: savoring all the :panic: in Freeperville today!

http://www.freerepublic.com/focus/f-news/3490111/posts
"I meant," said Ipslore bitterly, "what is there in this world that truly makes living worthwhile?"

Death thought about it. "CATS," he said eventually. "CATS ARE NICE."

~Terry Pratchett's Sourcery

Tiredretiredlawyer
Occupation: Permanent probationary slave to 1 dog, 1 cat, and 1 horse, 4 granddogs, and one grandcat.

Post by Tiredretiredlawyer »

RoadScholar wrote:
Sugar Magnolia wrote:
:lovestruck:
Or, reap what you have sown. :-D
A 19th Amendment Centennial Moment:
The 19th Amendment was first introduced to Congress in 1878, yet it was not approved by Congress until 1919 – 41 years later.
- https://legaldictionary.net/19th-amendment/

Return to “Presidential Election”