Hillary Rodham Clinton vs. Donald John Trump 2016

Who Will Win The 2016 US Presidential Election?

Hillary Rodham Clinton
95%
Donald John Trump
5%

Total votes: 155

Slim Cognito

Re: Hillary Rodham Clinton vs. Donald John Trump DNC RNC 2016

Post by Slim Cognito »

esseff44 wrote:
BillTheCat wrote:OH GOODIE:
?
http://www.cbsnews.com/news/fbi-finds-e ... nt-tenure/

I give up. I want to just go hibernate in a cave for 5 days. :blackeye:
Why is the FBI leaking bits and pieces knowing that it may negatively impact Clinton? It was a near certainly that there would be messages connected to the time Huma was Assistant Chief of Staff to the Secretary for four years. This is not the time to be reporting leaks from unnamed officials.
Well, my head hurts, and probably will the rest of the night despite telling myself, if last Friday's news didn't knock her out, this won't either.
my electric typewriter is on the fritz so I fired up Windows 95 ImageImageImage x4

SueDB

Post by SueDB »

They're a day early - you gotta put out the lies late on a Friday afternoon so that the lies stew over the weekend.
“If You're Not In The Obit, Eat Breakfast”

Remember, Orly NEVAH disappoints!

Volkonski

Post by Volkonski »

http://www.latimes.com/nation/politics/ ... story.html

Latinos could set a record by casting almost 15 million ballots for president. Activists call it the Trump bump
Voter enthusiasm among Latino voters is at an all-time high this year; as many as 15 million Latinos may cast ballots, and the boost is being reflected in some early voting trends.

Donald Trump’s racially divisive rhetoric — calling Mexicans “rapists” and attacking former Miss Universe Alicia Machado — has galvanized Latino voters against him.

More than 70% of Latinos say this election feels “more important” than 2012, and 80% now view the Republican Party as “hostile” or uncaring of Latinos, according to a Latino Decisions tracking poll.

Democrat Hillary Clinton remains very popular among Latinos and could win as much as 79% of the Latino vote, surpassing the 75% that President Obama won in 2012, according to Latino Decisions projections.
Image“If everyone fought for their own convictions there would be no war.”
― Leo Tolstoy, War and Peace

RoadScholar

Post by RoadScholar »

esseff44 wrote:
Why is the FBI leaking bits and pieces knowing that it may negatively impact Clinton? It was a near certainly that there would be messages connected to the time Huma was Assistant Chief of Staff to the Secretary for four years. This is not the time to be reporting leaks from unnamed officials.
It's worse than you may imagine, SF. See reporting in the Guardian. Sources inside the FBI say there is a coterie of Trump supporters in the FBI who are Breitbart.com devotees and consider HRC to be the spawn of Satan. So much so that the New York office was termed, and I quote, "Trumplandia."

That it is being done in coordination with the Trump campaign is evidenced by Rudy Giuliani saying two days before Comey dropped his flaming bag of dog shit on the porch of America's most vital expression of Democracy that there was a big bombshell about to drop in "two or three days" and (quoting again) that they had "a couple of things up our sleeve."

"Our."

As in: the Trump campaign, the GOP and "a large swath" (as the source put it) of the FBI. These guys have given up all pretense at being non-partisan. They know it is almost 100% certain that there is nothing actually criminal to be found in the new emails or in Hillary's involvement with the Foundation while SoS, but they do not care. It is an obvious & naked attempt at defeating the Democratic candidate, and it is inexpressibly repellent and disheartening.
The bitterest truth is healthier than the sweetest lie.
X3

Suranis

Post by Suranis »

?

"The FBI has found emails related to Hillary Clinton’s tenure as secretary of state on the laptop belonging to the estranged husband of Huma Abedin, Anthony Weiner, according to a U.S. official.

These emails, CBS News’ Andres Triay reports, are not duplicates of emails found on Secretary Clinton’s private server. At this point, however, it remains to be seen whether these emails are significant to the FBI’s investigation into Clinton. It is also not known how many relevant emails there are."

Ladies and Gentlemen, your media. This breaking news story is so vaguely worded that the emails could relate to a holiday in Tripoli in 2010.
Learn to Swear in Latin. Profanity with class!
https://blogs.transparent.com/latin/lat ... -in-latin/

esseff44

Post by esseff44 »

Twitter has ads saying that voters can text their votes for Hillary. How that for dirty tricks? Also interesting how Twitter responded to complaints.

http://www.sfgate.com/news/article/No-y ... 591033.php

RVInit

Post by RVInit »

Slim Cognito wrote:I wonder how Trump and his minions would feel if a bunch of rogue, anti-Trump IRS agents decided to leak damaging info about his audit, or what they said was damaging info about his audit.
This.

I have really tried and tried to remain politically independent. I deliberately changed my voter registration from Republican (raised in a conservative household) to Independent/Non-affiliated as a reminder to myself that no political party is going to be loyal to me, and none deserve my loyalty. I have listened with an open mind, as far as I can tell, and been willing to see the good and the warts in politicians of both parties. Over the years I am finding that I might as well just register as a Democrat because, an honest assessment of what has happened to the Republican party and their minions is that the extremists have co-opted the party and they have become just incredibly dishonest. Not the usual spinning that one expects from a politician, but truly deceitful, hateful dishonesty has become the norm. So much so that all of what used to be considered moderate Republicans have opted to just leave politics.

Just like Clinton followers are generally willing to admit that the "Trump raped a 13 year old" sounds fishy because the details make it sound fishy, and are holding off on saying "he did it", I have every confidence that Clinton supporters in the FBI and IRS are not going to leak stuff about Trump. And, sadly, it doesn't really seem that it pays off to be above-board, and it doesn't seem to hurt politicians when they put themselves above their country. I absolutely seethe when I think that Mitch McConnell (I know, I sound like a frikken broken record, I have said this over and over) put his hatred of Obama over his duty to the citizens of this country - and he is going to be elected and return to Congress again, as long as he cares to keep running). It really has reached the point where I pretty much hate today's Republicans.
"I know that human being and fish can coexist peacefully"
--- George W Bush

ImageImage

Butterfly Bilderberg

Post by Butterfly Bilderberg »

Breaking!

(Yes, really.)

Dirty trickster Roger Stone has been ordered to appear at an emergency TRO hearing in the U.S. District Court for the District of Nevada tomorrow morning to explain what his questionable “Stop the Steal” organization is planning for Election Day. He and Stop the Steal were ordered to respond in writing no later than today and to attach a copy of the training materials for his poll watchers, poll observers and exit pollsters in Cleveland, Detroit, Philadelphia, Las Vegas, Milwaukee, Fort Lauderdale, Charlotte, Richmond and Fayetteville.

Details and a copy of the order are at the Election Law Blog (link here: http://electionlawblog.org/?p=88651 )
"Pity the nation that acclaims the bully as hero,
and that deems the glittering conqueror bountiful."
- Kahlil Gibran, The Garden of The Prophet

Volkonski

Post by Volkonski »

U.S. warns about possible al Qaeda attacks in Virginia, Texas, NY: CBS

http://www.reuters.com/article/us-usa-e ... picks=true
U.S. intelligence officials have warned local authorities in New York, Texas and Virginia about possible attacks by al Qaeda on Monday, a day before the U.S. presidential election, CBS News reported on Friday, citing unnamed sources.

RVInit

Post by RVInit »

Volkonski wrote:U.S. warns about possible al Qaeda attacks in Virginia, Texas, NY: CBS

U.S. intelligence officials have warned local authorities in New York, Texas and Virginia about possible attacks by al Qaeda on Monday, a day before the U.S. presidential election, CBS News reported on Friday, citing unnamed sources.
Any guesses as to which "federal authorities" gave this "nonspecific threat" information? Of course, this helps Trump because people are too stupid to realize that the one who talks like a bully is NOT the one who will make decisions that will keep our country safe.
--- George W Bush

ImageImage

Flatpointhigh
Occupation: Voice Actor, Podcaster, I hold a Ph.D in Procrastination.

Post by Flatpointhigh »

RVInit wrote:
Volkonski wrote:U.S. warns about possible al Qaeda attacks in Virginia, Texas, NY: CBS

Any guesses as to which "federal authorities" gave this "nonspecific threat" information? Of course, this helps Trump because people are too stupid to realize that the one who talks like a bully is NOT the one who will make decisions that will keep our country safe.
Rudy911, of course
he NYPD said the threat report lacked specifics and was still being assessed.

"We are aware of the information. We have been working with the FBI through the Joint Terrorism Task Force and our Counterterrorism and Intelligence Bureaus," the NYPD said.

My Name is...
Daffy Duck.. woo hoo!
Cancer broke me

magdalen77

Post by magdalen77 »

Orlylicious wrote:A cool map that shows when every state was called by @AP in 2012 election, Closing time and result times with Swing States ID'ed for international voters...
It's funny what memory does. I remember Pennsylvania being called within a short time after the polls closed. In my memory they called PA in favor of PBO by 8:30 or so.

magdalen77

Post by magdalen77 »

BillTheCat wrote:Word is that the DOJ is sending poll monitors to 4 NC counties.

In other news - WE MAY BE IN TROUBLE IN PHILLY. The Transit strike talks broke down (what a shocker), and we are looking at no public transportation to the polls on Tuesday.

Again: WAY TO GO UNIONS, that's some smart strategy there. :blackeye:
It's only in the city itself (and not all forms of transportation there) and like I've mentioned elsewhere most people's polling places are within a couple of blocks of their homes. I'm still hoping that Congressman Brady can get them to settle over the weekend. I'm not crazy about Willie Brown (union leader) but I hate SEPTA more.

Volkonski

Post by Volkonski »

Ohio federal judge orders no voter harassment in Democrats' lawsuit against Donald Trump, Republicans

http://www.cleveland.com/court-justice/ ... _no_v.html
CLEVELAND, Ohio — A federal judge on Friday said he will issue a restraining order against Donald Trump's campaign and longtime adviser Roger Stone to avoid "harassing or intimidating conduct" at polling places on Nov. 8 Election Day.

U.S. District Judge James Gwin did not specify exactly what will or will not be allowed but said the order would likely be generic and prohibit both Democrats and Republicans from any harassment of people entering and leaving polling places.

BillTheCat

Post by BillTheCat »

Haha, nice! 8-)
'But I don't want to go among mad people,' said Alice. 'Oh, you can't help that,' said the cat. 'We're all mad here.'
-Lewis Carroll

RTH10260

Re: Hillary Rodham Clinton vs. Donald John Trump? DNC RNC 2016

Post by RTH10260 »

Slim Cognito on July 02 wrote:President Clinton walking over to see the AG was careless stupid, sure. But I can't see a sinister motive. If he wanted to interfere with the investigation, there's a lot of clandestine ways to do it not in view of the press. Regrettably, WJC gave the GOP the optics they've been screaming about for months, that politics were preventing HRC from being indicted. For reasonable people, I think this will blow over. As for the unreasonable people*, they weren't voting for Hillary Clinton anyway. I don't see somebody leaving the Clinton camp to vote for Trump because Bill Clinton said hello to Loretta Lynch.

*And, unless those same people were outraged over the Cheney/Scalia hunting trip, they can STHU.
Followup now with
ACLJ FILES FEDERAL LAWSUIT AGAINST OBAMA JUSTICE DEPARTMENT TO UNEARTH INFORMATION ABOUT THE MEETING BETWEEN ATTORNEY GENERAL LYNCH AND FORMER PRESIDENT CLINTON ON AIRPORT TARMAC IN JUNE

(Washington, DC) - The American Center for Law and Justice (ACLJ), which has filed a number of federal lawsuits against the Obama Administration to obtain information through Freedom of Information Act (FOIA) requests, today filed a federal lawsuit in Washington, D.C. against the Department of Justice to unearth information about the June meeting between Attorney General Lynch and former President Clinton – just days before the Justice Department’s Federal Bureau of Investigation (FBI) cleared former Secretary of State Clinton in a criminal probe concerning her unauthorized email server.

“The arrogance and inappropriate actions of the Obama Administration cannot go unchallenged and that is why we have gone to federal court today and filed this critical lawsuit,” said Jay Sekulow, Chief Counsel of the ACLJ. “This Administration has gone out of its way to hide information from the American public – information that is extremely troubling. The stakes are high. The American people deserve a Justice Department with integrity. We must demand accountability for corruption. If we don’t, a constitutional crisis is imminent. The corruption must have consequences.”

The lawsuit filed today comes after the ACLJ sent FOIA requests to the Obama Justice Department and the FBI, demanding answers on how such a meeting was allowed to happen.

The FBI acknowledged the ACLJ’s FOIA request, and even granted our request for expedited processing by determining that we had shown our requests concerned “[a] matter of widespread and exceptional media interest in which there exist possible questions about the government’s integrity which affect public confidence.” The Justice Department remained silent.
http://aclj.org/executive-power/aclj-fi ... ac-in-june

bob

Post by bob »

The lawsuit filed today comes after the ACLJ sent FOIA requests to the Obama Justice Department and the FBI, demanding answers on how such a meeting was allowed to happen.
Pure showboating, as "demanding answers" via a FOIA request is Taitzian in stupidity and Klayman-esque in publicity hounding.
Imagex6 Imagex2 Imagex4 Imagex2

RVInit

Post by RVInit »

Maybe while they are at it they can file a FOIA for all emails from Trumplandia FBI to anyone associated with The Orange Embarrassment's campaign! No?
--- George W Bush

ImageImage

BillTheCat

Post by BillTheCat »

North Carolina Counties Must Restore Voters To Rolls, Judge Rules

http://www.cnn.com/2016/11/04/politics/ ... index.html

:fiesta:
'But I don't want to go among mad people,' said Alice. 'Oh, you can't help that,' said the cat. 'We're all mad here.'
-Lewis Carroll

Slim Cognito

Post by Slim Cognito »

RTH10260 wrote:
Slim Cognito on July 02 wrote:President Clinton walking over to see the AG was careless stupid, sure. But I can't see a sinister motive. If he wanted to interfere with the investigation, there's a lot of clandestine ways to do it not in view of the press. Regrettably, WJC gave the GOP the optics they've been screaming about for months, that politics were preventing HRC from being indicted. For reasonable people, I think this will blow over. As for the unreasonable people*, they weren't voting for Hillary Clinton anyway. I don't see somebody leaving the Clinton camp to vote for Trump because Bill Clinton said hello to Loretta Lynch.

*And, unless those same people were outraged over the Cheney/Scalia hunting trip, they can STHU.
Followup now with
ACLJ FILES FEDERAL LAWSUIT AGAINST OBAMA JUSTICE DEPARTMENT TO UNEARTH INFORMATION ABOUT THE MEETING BETWEEN ATTORNEY GENERAL LYNCH AND FORMER PRESIDENT CLINTON ON AIRPORT TARMAC IN JUNE
Oh, for f@ck's sake!
my electric typewriter is on the fritz so I fired up Windows 95 ImageImageImage x4

Karen Walker

Post by Karen Walker »

I've ignored this thread because I thought it was about the DNC/RNC conventions & figured folks were just rehashing them for some reason. :rotflmao:

Karen Walker

Post by Karen Walker »

Butterfly Bilderberg wrote:Breaking!

(Yes, really.)

Dirty trickster Roger Stone has been ordered to appear at an emergency TRO hearing in the U.S. District Court for the District of Nevada tomorrow morning to explain what his questionable “Stop the Steal” organization is planning for Election Day. He and Stop the Steal were ordered to respond in writing no later than today and to attach a copy of the training materials for his poll watchers, poll observers and exit pollsters in Cleveland, Detroit, Philadelphia, Las Vegas, Milwaukee, Fort Lauderdale, Charlotte, Richmond and Fayetteville.

Details and a copy of the order are at the Election Law Blog (link here: http://electionlawblog.org/?p=88651 )
They are appealing in Ohio... "Whaaaa!! It's unfair to prevent us from intimidating voters!"
IMG_2850.JPG
You do not have the required permissions to view the files attached to this post.

NotaPerson

Post by NotaPerson »

One of my favorite RWNJs speaks out. Listen up ladies!!!
JB Williams.JPG
And some lovely right-wing hate someone posted on his page...
hate.jpg
https://www.facebook.com/profile.php?id ... 74&fref=ts

:smoking:
You do not have the required permissions to view the files attached to this post.
Am I being detained?

Dan1100

Post by Dan1100 »

According to the AP, Melania worked illegally in the U.S. before her Visa came through.

https://apnews.com/37dc7aef0ce44077930b7436be7bfd0d

Trump's wife modeled in US prior to getting work visa
WASHINGTON (AP) — Melania Trump was paid for 10 modeling jobs in the United States worth $20,056 that occurred in the seven weeks before she had legal permission to work in the country, according to detailed accounting ledgers, contracts and related documents from 20 years ago provided to The Associated Press.

The details of Mrs. Trump's early paid modeling work in the U.S. emerged in the final days of a bitter presidential campaign in which her husband, Donald Trump, has taken a hard line on immigration laws and those who violate them. Trump has proposed broader use of the government's E-verify system allowing employers to check whether job applicants are authorized to work. He has noted that federal law prohibits illegally paying immigrants.

Mrs. Trump, who received a green card in March 2001 and became a U.S. citizen in 2006, has always maintained that she arrived in the country legally and never violated the terms of her immigration status. During the presidential campaign, she has cited her story to defend her husband's hard line on immigration. :snippity:

The documents obtained by the AP show she was paid for 10 modeling assignments between Sept. 10 and Oct. 15, during a time when her visa allowed her generally to be in the U.S. and look for work but not perform paid work in the country. The documents examined by the AP indicate that the modeling assignments would have been outside the bounds of her visa.

Plutodog

Post by Plutodog »

That is one foul cesspool JB Williams is running. :madguy:
The only good Bundy is an Al Bundy.

Return to “Presidential Election”