Hillary Rodham Clinton vs. Donald John Trump 2016

Who Will Win The 2016 US Presidential Election?

Hillary Rodham Clinton
95%
Donald John Trump
5%

Total votes: 155

Orlylicious
Location: @orly_licious With Pete Buttigieg and the other "open and defiant homosexuals" --Bryan Fischer AFA
Occupation: #StuggersForBiden "Do Nothing Democrat Savage" -- Donald, 9/28/19 and "Scalawag...Part of an extreme, malicious leftist internet social mob working in concert with weaponized, socialized governments to target and injure political opponents.” -- Walt Fitzpatrick

Hillary Rodham Clinton vs. Donald John Trump 2016

Post by Orlylicious »

It's on. :boxing:
HuffPo:
Clinton vs. Trump: First Impressions
02/26/2016 03:41 pm ET | Updated 1 day ago
Bob Burnett Berkeley writer, retired Silicon Valley executive

Eight months before the presidential election, it's clear that voters are going to have choose between Democrat Hillary Clinton and Republican Donald Trump. It's only been nine months since "The Donald" announced his candidacy, but in that time he has turned the Republican establishment upside down. The race to the finish line, on November 8, promises to be a nail-biter.

Both candidates are well known: Trump from having been a reality-TV star and New York personality for twenty years; Clinton from having been in the political spotlight since her husband, Bill, ran for president 25 years ago. Americans have strong opinions about both candidates: Trump's favorability ratings are 57 percent unfavorable and 36.4 percent favorable. Clinton's aren't much better: 53 percent unfavorable and 40.8 percent favorable.
Assuming that both candidates hold their respective bases, the 2016 election will be decided by Independents. The latest Gallup Poll suggests that only 11 percent of voters are truly Independent. The other 89 percent of the electorate are split between Democrats "including leaners" 46 percent, and Republicans and leaners 43 percent.
Who are these 11-percent hard-core Independents? Gallup says they are Americans who do not identify with either Party and are dissatisfied with government, in general. An April Pew Research report indicated that Independents were disproportionately white men, including a surprising number of Hispanics. They tend to not have college degrees and be in the 18-33 age group (Millennials). It's safe to assume that some Independents will not vote, particularly the Millennials. Those who do vote are likely to split between Trump (anger at government) and Clinton (Trumps racism).

The current Huffington Post Clinton versus Trump poll-of-polls http://elections.huffingtonpost.com/pol ... vs-clinton shows Clinton with 48.1 percent and Trump with 42.8 percent with 9.1 percent undecided. (This is remarkably similar to Democrats all voting for Clinton (46 percent), Republicans for Trump (43 percent) and 11 percent undecided.)
http://www.huffingtonpost.com/bob-burne ... 25898.html

HuffPo (left wing) Poll of Polls Trump v Clinton: http://elections.huffingtonpost.com/pol ... vs-clinton

RealClearPolitics (right wing)
Chuck Todd: Hillary Will ‘Long For The Days Of Ken Starr When Running Against Trump’ [VIDEO]
Steve Guest Media Reporter 10:53 AM 02/25/2016

During an interview on MSNBC’s “Morning Joe” on Thursday, Todd warned Clinton that Donald Trump “doesn’t play by whatever agreed-upon set of rules that politics [use]. You … have to be prepared for everything. Every conspiracy theory that has ever been uttered, he’ll bring it up.” Host Joe Scarborough told Chuck Todd, “I will tell you who is horrified right now. Bill Clinton is horrified at the prospect of every time Hillary Clinton bringing up women’s issues, Donald Trump puts out an Instagram ad and by the end of the campaign Bill Cosby and Bill Clinton are synonymous.”

Todd said, “There are two things that the Clinton’s people believe are true. Number one, that they can beat Donald Trump and they think that they can potentially beat him by a fairly large margin. And that it’s the last person they want to run against. They simultaneously believe both things.” Scarborough agreed, adding “By the way, very rationally on both fronts.” “Right” Todd said, claiming the Clinton campaign does “Yes, they see their path to victory.”

“The point is, she’s going to long for the days of Ken Starr when running against Trump. This is going to be a race to the bottom. This is going to be something I don’t — as tough as she has been through, she’s never been through something like this. He doesn’t play by whatever agreed-upon set of rules that politicians [use]. You … have to be prepared for everything. Every conspiracy theory that has ever been uttered, he’ll bring it up.”

Scarborough interjected, “I’ll say, it’s the Bill Buckley rule again: never debate against the amateur; the amateur will win every time because they just don’t play by the rules.” NBC’s Willie Geist added, “We got a little preview of it, and we saw the Clintons tied in knots when Donald Trump did that and they were asked about it for a week or so, Bill Clinton and Hillary Clinton. And they decided it wasn’t worth engaging on that. Now what do you do when it’s one on one if it is these two people and it’s every single day. They’ve got to figure out how to handle that.”
http://dailycaller.com/2016/02/25/chuck ... ump-video/
The titular Mama June enjoys a Corn Dog on 4th of July! Don't miss The Fogbow's Favourite TV Show™ starring the titular Mama June Shannon -- "Mama June: Family Crisis!" TVShowsAce featured Fogbow's love 5/26/20: https://bit.ly/2TNxrbS

BillTheCat

Re: Donald John Trump vs. Hillary Rodham Clinton 2016

Post by BillTheCat »

Eww, Daily Caller. :sick:
'But I don't want to go among mad people,' said Alice. 'Oh, you can't help that,' said the cat. 'We're all mad here.'
-Lewis Carroll

Slim Cognito

Post by Slim Cognito »

I can see Trump trying to compare Bill Clinton to Bill Cosby, but would it work on anyone who doesn't already hate the Clintons? Bill's dalliances are old news. Couldn't similar comparisons be made to Trump by anti-Trump super PACs?

He'll attack Hillary by calling her a criminal, referring to Benghazi!!!! and her emails, but, again, will that work on anybody who hasn't already made up their mind? I'm thinking (maybe just wishfully) those attacks won't sway anybody. It will just be preaching to the choir. These people have been in the news for 25+ years. Unless something new comes up, I think people have already decided whether they love/hate Clinton and Trump.

As for me, I wish the FBI would hurry up and announce they've finished their investigation of the handling of Clinton's emails and they've found nothing worth pursuing. I'm pretty fed up with people telling me, any day now, Hillary will be indicted.
ImageImageImage x4

BrianH

Post by BrianH »

HuffPo: wrote: The race to the finish line, on November 8, promises to be a nail-biter.
The head-to-head polls have put Trump and HRC within a few points since Autumn. So why the hand-wringing by some how Trump will be a disaster for the Republican party? Is this just the usual powers-that-be lamenting their reduced influence? Embarrassment that Trump will trash any efforts to woo Hispanics for a few cycles? Are the polls off at this early point?

Whatever4

Post by Whatever4 »

BrianH wrote:
HuffPo: wrote: The race to the finish line, on November 8, promises to be a nail-biter.
The head-to-head polls have put Trump and HRC within a few points since Autumn. So why the hand-wringing by some how Trump will be a disaster for the Republican party? Is this just the usual powers-that-be lamenting their reduced influence? Embarrassment that Trump will trash any efforts to woo Hispanics for a few cycles? Are the polls off at this early point?
The media has ADHD.
"[Moderate] doesn't mean you don't have views. It just means your views aren't predictable ideologically one way or the other, and you're trying to follow the facts where they lead and reach your own conclusions."
-- Sen. King (I-ME)

TollandRCR

Post by TollandRCR »

I went back to the beginning of our Trump 2016 topic to find posts in 2011 about Trump's birther pranks as well as speculation about whether he would run in 2012.

Much further along in the topic are posts in which we laughed at the prospect of a Trump candidacy in 2016 and assured ourselves that he would never get the nomination. There was no one else, however, on the Republican side that we seemed convinced would conquer Trump. An alternative was the hope that Trump would be nominated, thereby damaging if not destroying the Republican Party.

Now it seems that the title of this topic is likely to be correct: Trump vs. Clinton. Try as I might, I cannot convince myself that Trump will be the loser in this contest. This is the stuff of nightmares. An America with a President Trump would not only be an embarrassment; it would also, I fear, be a danger to its people and the world.

Hillary simply has to win. What can any of us do to make certain that happens?
“The truth is, we know so little about life, we don’t really know what the good news is and what the bad news is.” Kurt Vonnegut

Skip Intro

Post by Skip Intro »

BillTheCat wrote:Eww, Daily Caller. :sick:
Eww, Chuck Toad and the Morning Joke.

I need a shower.
In the Trump era anything is true if enough people believe it.

Orlylicious
Location: @orly_licious With Pete Buttigieg and the other "open and defiant homosexuals" --Bryan Fischer AFA
Occupation: #StuggersForBiden "Do Nothing Democrat Savage" -- Donald, 9/28/19 and "Scalawag...Part of an extreme, malicious leftist internet social mob working in concert with weaponized, socialized governments to target and injure political opponents.” -- Walt Fitzpatrick

Post by Orlylicious »

It's like visiting the chocolate fountain at Golden Corral and getting a take home box! :P
The titular Mama June enjoys a Corn Dog on 4th of July! Don't miss The Fogbow's Favourite TV Show™ starring the titular Mama June Shannon -- "Mama June: Family Crisis!" TVShowsAce featured Fogbow's love 5/26/20: https://bit.ly/2TNxrbS

TollandRCR

Post by TollandRCR »

USN&WR March 1, 2016 Get Ready to Say President Trump by Jeff Nesbitt
Trump – once you strip away his foul language about bombing the you-know-what out of ISIS – is precisely the presidential candidate for the new Republican Party that the Koch donor network has meticulously assembled for 20 years in partnership with the tobacco industry, and other industries threatened by Washington regulations. (I've written about this effort in a new book, "Poison Tea," scheduled for publication April 5.) Trump is, in fact, their nearly ideal, prototypical, anti-Washington candidate. So are Marco Rubio or Ted Cruz. For these and other reasons, the Koch network, too, will swing in behind Trump.

Here are the political data specifics. Clinton goes into the general election with a built-in advantage. She starts with an electoral base of 247 Electoral College votes out of 270 needed to win the presidency. That includes solid-to-leaning Democratic states. Trump starts with 207 solid-to-leaning GOP states.

For Clinton, then, she needs just 23 electoral votes to become president. Winning Ohio (18) and Virginia (13) puts her over the top. Virginia and two other smaller states (like Nevada and New Hampshire) also put her over the top. It's for this reason that her most likely running mate is Tim Kaine, Virginia's junior Democratic senator.

But Trump has the same electoral math in front of him. And, right now, he may be in better shape in these seven swing states than Clinton.
“The truth is, we know so little about life, we don’t really know what the good news is and what the bad news is.” Kurt Vonnegut

Orlylicious

Post by Orlylicious »

Fox Business:
Trump vs. Clinton: How Astrology Plays Into the 2016 Presidential Race
By Elizabeth Chmurak Published March 14, 2016 Election FOXBusiness
Susan Miller, famed astrologer and founder of Astrologyzone.com shared her insights with FOXBusiness.com on this year’s election cycle through planet analysis. Miller’s astrological expertise has a huge following with six million unique visitors to her website each month. She composed and analyzed the astrology charts of presidential frontrunners Clinton and Trump. The billionaire businessman has been labeled “the candidate of chaos” with his unpredictability on the campaign trail and in the media. Miller says after calculating Trump’s chart using date, time and location of birth, she discovered clues into his character.

[Donald Trump] was born on a full moonand full moon babies tend to come before the public. He has two very important planets in the house of honors, awards, achievement and fame. He has the sun which is really important because that is where you shine so he shines in his profession,” Miller said. She explained the real-estate mogul’s chart shows Uranus, the planet of unpredictable events and genius, a combination that best exemplifies Trump.
On the Democratic side, Miller says Clinton’s chart shows many planets in Scorpio which signifies her strength in leadership. “Scorpios talent is ‘I give you this you give me that.’ They are very good negotiators, they are very good at handling power, they like to have control,” Miller said. “[Hillary Clinton] is very discrete. She will not divulge any secrets, she has mars the warrior planet at the very top in the house of fame and honors. She has accomplished so much so far in her life but it hasn’t been easy because Saturn and Pluto are right on her tail. The people who support her are like glue, so I would say to her if your job Hillary is to enlarge the circle and just constantly watch your back,” Miller said.

With Election Day just eight months away, Miller said the planets are poised for a chaotic result at the ballot box. “Neptune is conjunct the moon, I think we are not going to know who won. They are going to be counting the votes for another day or two. It’s going to be that close that’s why it’s so important to vote,” Miller said.
http://www.foxbusiness.com/politics/201 ... -race.html

Chilidog

Post by Chilidog »

Orlylicious wrote:Fox Business:
She explained the real-estate mogul’s chart shows Uranus . . .
http://www.foxbusiness.com/politics/201 ... -race.html
I thought that was his mouth.

Mockingbird

Post by Mockingbird »

This may arguably prove the most virulent and ridiculous presidential race since 1828:

"A good deal of mud was slung on both sides, much of it aimed at Jackson's marriage, his violent escapades, and the incidents of ferocious discipline and of disrespect for civilian authority that dotted his military career. Adams men painted him as a grasping and bloodthirsty character, a budding tyrant in the model of Caesar or Napoleon, whose election would spell the death of the republic. Jacksonians branded Adams as a corruptionist, an aristocrat, and—ridiculously—a libertine"

http://millercenter.org/president/biogr ... -elections

Orlylicious

Post by Orlylicious »

Stu Rothenberg takes down Trump's numbers and looks at TvC
Trump’s Electoral Math Doesn’t Add Up
Stuart Rothenberg March 16, 2016 · 10:26 AM EDT
But acknowledging that doesn’t change the current numbers or obscure the current reality, which shows Trump drawing anywhere from the mid-30s to the low 40s against Clinton, who generally draws anywhere from the mid-40s to the low 50s in hypothetical ballot tests against him. Given Trump’s “favorable/unfavorable” poll numbers, those ballot test results should not surprise anyone.

The March 3-6 Washington Post/ABC News poll found Trump’s unfavorable rating among all adults at 67 percent, with a clear majority of respondents, 56 percent, saying they had a strongly unfavorable opinion of him. In contrast, Clinton’s unfavorable rating was 52 percent – a high number but not close to Trump’s. Clinton’s “strongly unfavorable” number was 41 percent. The same survey showed only one-quarter of respondents believed that Trump was “honest and trustworthy,” “understands the problems of people like you,” or “has the right kind of personality and temperament” to be an effective president.

In a battle of “who do I dislike less,” Clinton starts with a considerable advantage. CNN/ORC’s Feb. 24-27 survey found Clinton’s favorability rating among all Americans at 42 percent to Trump’s 37 percent. One out of three Republicans had an unfavorable view of Trump, while Clinton’s numbers among Democrats were strong at 83 percent favorable/14 percent unfavorable.

Clinton’s popularity among Democrats limits Trump’s ability to attract Democratic voters. Though Trump has some appeal among working-class whites, many of them left the Democratic Party years ago. His overall image and his performance so far in suburban counties suggest that, if he is the GOP nominee, he will lose at least as many normally Republican voters as he will gain in new Democratic adherents or previous non-voters.
In spite of Trump’s assertion that Hispanics love him, he is unlikely to do well in states with large Hispanic populations. A September NBC News/Wall Street Journal survey showed almost three in four Hispanics had a negative view of Trump.
Much more at http://www.rothenberggonzales.com/news/ ... snt-add-up#

Whatever4

Post by Whatever4 »

On the NBC nightly news this evening, the graph showing delegates for each candidate had Trump with 666. According to Google, that should be 673. Were they trying to scare people?

http://www.nbcnews.com/widget/video-embed/646103107528
"[Moderate] doesn't mean you don't have views. It just means your views aren't predictable ideologically one way or the other, and you're trying to follow the facts where they lead and reach your own conclusions."
-- Sen. King (I-ME)

Addie

Post by Addie »

WaPo
How Trump vs. Clinton could reshape the electoral map

A prospective general election between Donald Trump and Hillary Clinton could significantly alter which states are in play this fall and heighten more than in any recent election the racial, class and gender divisions within the national electorate.

After successive campaigns in which President Obama expanded the Democrats’ electoral map options by focusing on fast-growing and increasingly diverse states, a 2016 race between Clinton and Trump could devolve principally into a pitched battle for the Rust Belt.

With a focus on trade issues and by tapping anti-establishment anger, Trump would seek to energize white working-class Americans, who Republicans believe have been on the sidelines in recent elections in substantial numbers. Trump would also attempt to peel away voters who have backed Democrats, a potentially harder task.

At the same time, Clinton could find Trump a powerful energizing force on her behalf among African Americans and Latinos, which could help to offset the absence of Obama on the ticket after two elections that drew huge minority turnout. That could put off-limits to Trump some states with large Hispanic populations where Republicans have competed intensely in recent elections.
"The very least you can do in your life is to figure out what you hope for." - Barbara Kingsolver

Orlylicious

Post by Orlylicious »

"From March 16 - 21, Quinnipiac University surveyed 1,451 registered voters nationwide with a margin of error of +/- 2.6 percentage points. Live interviewers call land lines and cell phones. The survey includes 652 Republicans with a margin of error of +/- 3.8 percentage points and 635 Democrats with a margin of error of +/- 3.9 percentage points."
Trump and Clinton top the "no way" list as 54 percent of American voters say they "would definitely not" vote for Trump, with 43 percent saying no to Clinton, 33 percent nixing Cruz, 27 percent saying no to Sanders and 14 percent saying no to Kasich.
"Scared." That's the one word 117 American voters use to describe how they feel about the possibility of Trump as president, in an open-ended question. Another 46 voters say "disaster," with 45 voters each for "frightened" and "terrified." Another 42 voters say "horrified." The first positive word, "good," is seventh on the list, from 36 voters.

"Disaster" is the word 68 voters use to describe their feelings about Clinton as president. It goes back and forth after that: 51 voters say "good;" 49 voters say "scared;" 43 voters say "disappointed" and 41 voters say "hopeful."

Trump, Clinton and Cruz each get negative favorability ratings:

33 - 61 percent for Trump;
39 - 56 percent for Clinton;
32 - 47 percent for Cruz. Kasich gets a positive 43 - 20 percent favorability score, with Sanders at 50 - 37 percent.
Seriously, they did word clouds. Clinton:
Trump:
PDF of the Poll:
us03232016_Umk53pw.pdf
You do not have the required permissions to view the files attached to this post.

Sam the Centipede

Post by Sam the Centipede »

It's sad that politics for many voters in many countries seems to come down to a question of "who do I fear least?" rather than "who gives me the greatest hope?"

Fox News and its soulmates must bear a lot of blame for that. Although that doesn't exonerate their idiot listeners who prefer to be frightened rather than well-informed.

Addie

Post by Addie »

The Hill
Clinton-Trump would be the oldest White House match-up in history

The 2016 presidential race is shaping up to be the oldest match-up in the country’s history.

The Republican front-runner, billionaire Donald Trump, will be 70 years old on Election Day, while former Secretary of State Hillary Clinton, the Democratic favorite, will be 69. If they win their parties’ respective nominations, no pair atop the ballot will have been older, on average, since the nation’s founding.

In three cases, the average age of the presidential nominees has topped 64 years — in 1848, 1980 and 1984 — but in no case have they come near the 69.5 a Trump-Clinton ticket would represent.

The dynamic bucks the trend surrounding recent election cycles, which have featured a younger crop of candidates — a list that includes Bill Clinton, who was 46 when he was elected in 1992; George W. Bush, who was 54 in 2000; and Barack Obama, who was 47 in 2008. That year, Obama’s youth was seen as an advantage over his rival, Sen. John McCain (R-Ariz.), who would have been the oldest president sworn into office, at age 72. ...

“We’re not talking about William Henry Harrison, giving his speech and then dropping dead,” said Stephen Hess, a presidential scholar at the Brookings Institution. He was referring to the nation’s ninth president, who was 68 years old when he entered the White House in 1841 and died of pneumonia 32 days later.

Both Clinton and Trump have released medical records showing that they are fit to serve as commander in chief.
"The very least you can do in your life is to figure out what you hope for." - Barbara Kingsolver

Orlylicious

Post by Orlylicious »

Americans' Views of Trump, Cruz at New Lows in March
by Frank Newport

PRINCETON, N.J. -- The primary and caucus season is taking its toll on the images of three of the major presidential candidates. Republicans Donald Trump and Ted Cruz, in particular, have suffered significant drops in their images over the past two months. Trump continues to have the most negative image of any of the five active presidential candidates. Cruz's image has suffered as much as Trump's, although he remains the better liked of the two GOP contenders.

Hillary Clinton's image has slipped marginally in the past two months, while Bernie Sanders' and John Kasich's ratings have improved. Kasich now has the most positive net favorable rating of any of these five candidates.
http://www.gallup.com/poll/190373/ameri ... aign=tiles

Addie

Post by Addie »

What Karl Rove has to say, if anyone wants to know throw up.
An Ugly General Election Takes Shape

spiduh

Post by spiduh »

Moved this here from the poll thread, 'cause I put it in the wrong place.
University of Virginia Center for Politics: Sabato's Crystal Ball
:snippity:
Nonetheless, here is our extra-early, ridiculously premature projection of the Electoral College map in a possible Hillary Clinton-Donald Trump matchup. Yielding completely to boldness, or recklessness, we eliminated Toss-ups, and leaned all states to one or the other nominee. Each state’s electoral history, developing demographics, and current polling data guided our choices.
Election analysts prefer close elections, but there was nothing we could do to make this one close. Clinton’s total is 347 electoral votes, which includes 190 safe, 57 likely, and 100 that lean in her direction.
“If they kill me, grab my phone.” –Ammon Bundy (Reuters)
"Yes, I Did Turn the Flying Monkeys Loose!" -Anna von Reitz (FB)
"I 'Self Identify' as a female" -Jon Ritzheimer (FB)

spiduh

Post by spiduh »

Addie wrote:What Karl Rove has to say, if anyone wants to know throw up.
The first two sentences before the paywall didn't induce vomiting. As I recall, Rove is already on record stating that if Trump is the nominee that the GOP loses the general. Does he still believe that?

Addie

Post by Addie »

His name is enough to make me sick. I don't see your reference in the article, but here is what he says about Trump:
If Donald Trump is the Republican nominee, Priorities USA promises to go after his bankruptcies and business failures, his misogynistic remarks, his character flaws and divisive comments. Mr. Cecil warns that the attacks on Mr. Trump so far are “a drop in the bucket” compared with what his super PAC will spend. The Donald has provided lots of material to work with.

Conventional wisdom is that these attacks on Mr. Trump in the Republican contest have so far failed. But they have likely limited the former reality television host’s upward movement and could cost him Tuesday’s primary in Wisconsin, where Gov. Scott Walker has endorsed Sen. Ted Cruz and the anti-Trump Our Principles PAC has run a barrage of ads.

These attacks are also contributing to a decline in Mr. Trump’s image among general-election voters. His approval ratings in the Real Clear Politics average have deteriorated significantly since late-February to a staggeringly bad 30% favorable, 63% unfavorable.

Mr. Trump will face challenges in responding to Priorities USA’s blitz. He rejects the help of Republican super PACs, leaving him two alternatives: He can rely on his dominance of free media coverage and forego responding with his own TV ads. Or he can dip deep into his own pocket and pay for a counterattack. Mr. Trump would presumably prefer the first option. Yet when the contest slims down to two candidates, will the media continue giving him this huge advantage?
spiduh wrote:
The first two sentences before the paywall didn't induce vomiting. As I recall, Rove is already on record stating that if Trump is the nominee that the GOP loses the general. Does he still believe that?

spiduh

Post by spiduh »

Addie wrote:His name is enough to make me sick. I don't see your reference in the article, but here is what he says about Trump:
spiduh wrote:
Thanks! The reference is from early January.
The Republican Party will lose the White House, the Senate and many of its House seats if Donald Trump becomes the party's presidential nominee, according to Karl Rove.

“If Mr. Trump is its standard-bearer, the GOP will lose the White House and the Senate, and its majority in the House will fall dramatically,” the Republican wrote in an op-ed for The Wall Street Journal.
http://thehill.com/blogs/ballot-box/pre ... -wh-senate

Volkonski

Post by Volkonski »

Even among white men Trump now is mostly viewed unfavorably.

https://www.washingtonpost.com/blogs/pl ... white-men/
Image“If everyone fought for their own convictions there would be no war.”
― Leo Tolstoy, War and Peace

Return to “Presidential Election”