Will Donald Trump Participate in the Fox News Debate 1/28?

Will Donald Trump Particpate in the Fox News Debate?

Poll ended at Fri Jan 29, 2016 1:05 am

Yes
24%
Yes & It shows Fox News has more power
5%
No
55%
No & It shows Trump has more power
8%
Other
8%

Total votes: 38

Orlylicious
Location: @orly_licious With Pete Buttigieg and the other "open and defiant homosexuals" --Bryan Fischer AFA
Occupation: #StuggersForBiden "Do Nothing Democrat Savage" -- Donald, 9/28/19 and "Scalawag...Part of an extreme, malicious leftist internet social mob working in concert with weaponized, socialized governments to target and injure political opponents.” -- Walt Fitzpatrick

Will Donald Trump Participate in the Fox News Debate 1/28?

Post by Orlylicious »

Just heard Megyn devote a lot of her show to Donald and the Debate (Hannity is leading with it too)... Shockingly, they think it's a terrible move. Hannity is asking Big Ted Cruz if this is a "temperament" question. Ted smarmily unloads on Mr. Trump. The Fox brain trust thinks Cruz will benefit. I sort of like the idea of Mr. Trump not running the table so if this hurts him in Iowa that might be a good thing.

So good idea Mr. Trump, boycott that debate, you have more power! What's everybody think? (It's fluid, so you'll be able to change your vote.)

Ted Cruz challenged Mr. Trump to a 1-on-1 debate anytime before Iowa, said Hannity could moderate it, or Rush, or Mark Levin. Like Mr. Trump needs that.
The titular Mama June enjoys a Corn Dog on 4th of July! Don't miss The Fogbow's Favourite TV Show™ starring the titular Mama June Shannon -- "Mama June: Family Crisis!" TVShowsAce featured Fogbow's love 5/26/20: https://bit.ly/2TNxrbS

Suranis

Re: Will Donald Trump Particpate in the Fox News Debate?

Post by Suranis »

The only thing that would keep Trump away from a spotlight would Arnie in his prime armed with a baseball bat.
The difference between the Middle Ages, and the Age of the Internet, is that in the Middle Ages no-one thought the Earth was flat.

p0rtia

Re: Will Donald Trump Particpate in the Fox News Debate?

Post by p0rtia »

Suranis wrote:The only thing that would keep Trump away from a spotlight would Arnie in his prime armed with a baseball bat.
:yeah:
No matter where you go, there you are! :towel:
ImageImageImage

Foggy

Re: Will Donald Trump Participate in the Fox News Debate 1/28?

Post by Foggy »

He gets more spotlight if he doesn't show.
For more information, read it again. || When science is outlawed, only outlaws will have science.

(Fogbow on PayPal)

Foggy

Post by Foggy »

Besides, what if Megyn Kelly starts bleeding from her wherever again? Gross! :eek2:
For more information, read it again. || When science is outlawed, only outlaws will have science.

(Fogbow on PayPal)

Jim

Post by Jim »

It is amazing how well he plays the press...and the man does know how to use his name to make money. His problem now is that he can't get the polls to tank against him so he can start doing the whole reason he started this campaign...to make $$$ and increase his name power.

The networks will be falling all over themselves trying to get Trump for their election day coverage...and he'll be able to make huge demands for his next reality series. It will be interesting to see if the voters figure it out before he has to flat out tell them.

NotaPerson

Post by NotaPerson »

Trump's campaign released this statement, according to the Washington Post:
As someone who wrote one of the best-selling business books of all time, The Art of the Deal, who has built an incredible company, including some of the most valuable and iconic assets in the world, and as someone who has a personal net worth of many billions of dollars, Mr. Trump knows a bad deal when he sees one. FOX News is making tens of millions of dollars on debates, and setting ratings records (the highest in history), where as in previous years they were low-rated afterthoughts.

Unlike the very stupid, highly incompetent people running our country into the ground, Mr. Trump knows when to walk away. Roger Ailes and FOX News think they can toy with him, but Mr. Trump doesn’t play games. There have already been six debates, and according to all online debate polls including Drudge, Slate, Time Magazine, and many others, Mr. Trump has won all of them, in particular the last one. Whereas he has always been a job creator and not a debater, he nevertheless truly enjoys the debating process - and it has been very good for him, both in polls and popularity.

He will not be participating in the FOX News debate and will instead host an event in Iowa to raise money for the Veterans and Wounded Warriors, who have been treated so horribly by our all talk, no action politicians. Like running for office as an extremely successful person, this takes guts and it is the kind mentality our country needs in order to Make America Great Again.
https://www.washingtonpost.com/news/the ... ge%2Fstory
Am I being detained?

kate520

Post by kate520 »

From everything I've read about him he is, at heart, an insecure narcissist. I would have bet large sums he would cave after a few days of begging from...whomever it is he listens to.
DEFEND DEMOCRACY

Flatpointhigh
Occupation: Voice Actor, Podcaster, I hold a Ph.D in Procrastination.

Post by Flatpointhigh »

I think he will. He successfully got the NR and the Union kicked off the sponsor list for being big meanie heads to him. He just can't let a "ugly broad" like Kelly kick his ass from here to comedy obscurity

My Name is...
Daffy Duck.. woo hoo!
Cancer broke me

BillTheCat

Post by BillTheCat »

Wow, majority of us so far really thinks he won't show. :think: We'll see about that.

More pundits and voters are starting to say this really is the sign of a petulant child and it will backfire on him, despite Foggy's suggestion that it will help him more. I dunno. :think:

:popcorn:
'But I don't want to go among mad people,' said Alice. 'Oh, you can't help that,' said the cat. 'We're all mad here.'
-Lewis Carroll

Flatpointhigh
Occupation: Voice Actor, Podcaster, I hold a Ph.D in Procrastination.

Post by Flatpointhigh »

He's a textbook case of "Affluenza" :rotflmao: :rotflmao: :rotflmao:

My Name is...
Daffy Duck.. woo hoo!
Cancer broke me

TexasFilly

Post by TexasFilly »

I hope he's found a real veterans group this time. Remember the fake "wounded warriors" thing he did on that ship in San Diego? Last night, I heard one reporter say she'd contacted all of the major veterans' groups last evening and every one of them said they've heard bupkis from the Trump campaign. If you're going to stage a competing event, you'd better get your shit together.
I love the poorly educated!!!

Kevin McCarthy: Paul Ryan playing with a head injury -- Jon Lovett

vic

Post by vic »

NotaPerson wrote:Trump's campaign released this statement, according to the Washington Post:
:snippity:
He will not be participating in the FOX News debate and will instead host an event in Iowa to raise money for the Veterans and Wounded Warriors, who have been treated so horribly by our all talk, no action politicians. Like running for office as an extremely successful person, this takes guts and it is the kind mentality our country needs in order to Make America Great Again.
https://www.washingtonpost.com/news/the ... ge%2Fstory
And just in time for that, The Times has a report on how the Wounded Warrior Project is using its funds:

http://www.nytimes.com/2016/01/28/us/wo ... &te=1&_r=0
Wounded Warrior Project Spends Lavishly on Itself, Insiders Say

JACKSONVILLE, Fla. — In early 2014, after 10 years of rapid growth, the charity Wounded Warrior Project flew its roughly 500 employees to Colorado Springs for an “all hands” meeting at the five-star Broadmoor hotel.

They were celebrating their biggest year yet: $225 million raised and a work force that had nearly doubled in just a year. On the opening night, before three days of strategy sessions and team-building field trips, the staff gathered in the hotel courtyard. Suddenly, a spotlight focused on a 10-story bell tower where the chief executive, Steven Nardizzi, stepped off the edge and rappelled down toward the cheering crowd.
It has spent millions a year on travel, dinners, hotels and conferences that often seemed more lavish than appropriate, more than four dozen current and former employees said in interviews. Former workers recounted buying business-class seats and regularly jetting around the country for minor meetings, or staying in $500-per-night hotel rooms.
About 40 percent of the organization’s donations in 2014 were spent on its overhead, or about $124 million, according to the charity-rating group Charity Navigator. While that percentage, which includes administrative expenses and marketing costs, is not as much as for some groups, it is far more than for many veterans charities, including the Semper Fi Fund, a wounded-veterans group that spent about 8 percent of donations on overhead. As a result, some philanthropic watchdog groups have criticized the Wounded Warrior Project for spending too heavily on itself.
The business-class and $500 hotel rooms are cheap by Donald standards, but rappelling off a 10-story tower does trump Trump theatrics.

gatsby

Post by gatsby »

I'm confused. The Post story was posted last night with Trump's spokesman saying he wouldn't participate. Is that statement in doubt?

http://thefogbow.com/forum/viewtopic.ph ... mp#p726505

Skip Intro

Post by Skip Intro »

TexasFilly wrote:I hope he's found a real veterans group this time. Remember the fake "wounded warriors" thing he did on that ship in San Diego? Last night, I heard one reporter say she'd contacted all of the major veterans' groups last evening and every one of them said they've heard bupkis from the Trump campaign. If you're going to stage a competing event, you'd better get your shit together.
Trump will go with the group that gives him the biggest kickback.
In the Trump era anything is true if enough people believe it.

Suranis

Post by Suranis »

Or he will CLAIM he was at a veterans party but wouldn't you know there wasn't any pictures of it, but they loved him! His fans will believe him and the press will fawn all over him anyway, so why not?
The difference between the Middle Ages, and the Age of the Internet, is that in the Middle Ages no-one thought the Earth was flat.

TexasFilly

Post by TexasFilly »

Suranis wrote:Or he will CLAIM he was at a veterans party but wouldn't you know there wasn't any pictures of it, but they loved him! His fans will believe him and the press will fawn all over him anyway, so why not?
I think the plan is/was that it would be covered by other media (CNN, MSNBC?) to compete with the real debate. tRump's not gonna do something without live TV cameras around.
I love the poorly educated!!!

Kevin McCarthy: Paul Ryan playing with a head injury -- Jon Lovett

tek

Post by tek »

I'm still thinking that Ailes and Trump concocted this whole thing.

Ailes might have gotten some vig to play along.. :smoking:
There's no way back
from there to here

SuzieC
Occupation: Attorney since 1977. Litigator for 33 years. For 8 years so far Admin Law Judge for 3 state agencies.

Post by SuzieC »

I despise Cruz but DAMN he is good at needling Trump.

http://money.cnn.com/2016/01/26/media/d ... index.html

Sterngard Friegen

Post by Sterngard Friegen »

SuzieC wrote:I despise Cruz but DAMN he is good at needling Trump.

http://money.cnn.com/2016/01/26/media/d ... index.html
:gotalink:

Foggy

Post by Foggy »

Huh? She gave a link, and you quoted the link. What'd I miss?

(Fogbow on PayPal)

Sterngard Friegen

Foggy wrote:Huh? She gave a link, and you quoted the link. What'd I miss?
:oops:

Damnit. I ate too many bon mots.

(Or the Dick Tater snuck in a link after she posted one. /ct)

Foggy

Post by Foggy »

We all make misteaks.

(Fogbow on PayPal)

Orlylicious
Location: @orly_licious With Pete Buttigieg and the other "open and defiant homosexuals" --Bryan Fischer AFA
Occupation: #StuggersForBiden "Do Nothing Democrat Savage" -- Donald, 9/28/19 and "Scalawag...Part of an extreme, malicious leftist internet social mob working in concert with weaponized, socialized governments to target and injure political opponents.” -- Walt Fitzpatrick

Post by Orlylicious »

Donald J. Trump ‏@realDonaldTrump 4h4 hours ago
It was the childishly written & taunting PR statement by Fox that made me not do the debate, more so than lightweight reporter, @megynkelly.
Ted Cruz is such a dick. He wants a 1 on 1 with Mr. Trump Saturday night. Rafael can't go down fast enough. POLITICO:
Cruz super PACs: We'll give $1.5 million to vets if Trump debates
By Katie Glueck 01/27/16 09:46 PM EST

WEST DES MOINES, Iowa—A cluster of super PACs backing Ted Cruz pledged on Wednesday to donate $1.5 million to veterans’ groups if Donald Trump agrees to a one-on-one debate with Cruz.

“In response to Senator Ted Cruz’s challenge of a one-on-one debate, the principal donors of the Keep the Promise I and II super PACs are offering presidential candidate Donald Trump a truly fantastic deal, pledging to donate $1.5 million to charities committed to helping veterans if Mr. Trump agrees to debate Senator Cruz in Iowa,” reads a release from Keep the Promise, the group of super PACs backing the Texan. “This money is in addition to the millions of proceeds available to the veterans as a share of the revenues that this debate could secure from a host network.” Trump will not participate in Fox News’s Thursday night debate, instead hosting an event at Drake University that his campaign says will benefit veterans.

Cruz has been taunting Trump over his refusal to participate in the official debate, referring to him as “gentle Donald” and a “fragile soul” who is “frightened” by “mean” questions moderator Megyn Kelly may lob. The Texas senator, who is trailing Trump here in a state where Cruz led a month ago, on Tuesday challenged Trump to a one-on-one debate, and on Wednesday specified that he had procured space at Western Iowa Tech, a community college in Sioux City, Iowa. He called the event for 8:00 p.m.

The Keep the Promise groups laid out stipulations of their own in the release: “The debate must take place on or before Sunday, January 31st in Iowa; the debate is solely between Mr. Trump and Senator Cruz; the candidates can pick the moderator themselves; and the debate is one hour long.”
http://www.politico.com/story/2016/01/t ... ans-218314
The titular Mama June enjoys a Corn Dog on 4th of July! Don't miss The Fogbow's Favourite TV Show™ starring the titular Mama June Shannon -- "Mama June: Family Crisis!" TVShowsAce featured Fogbow's love 5/26/20: https://bit.ly/2TNxrbS

Sterngard Friegen

The offer from the Cruz Superpacs sounds like just a little too much coordination. If Cruz actually does such a debate I believe he's violated the law.

So this sounds like a Cruz publicity stunt.

Return to “Presidential Election”