2016 Primary Debates

esseff44

Re: 2016 Primary Debates

Post by esseff44 »

So, the article is saying DW-S is keeping a tight rein on the DNC and is the ultimate decider. Perhaps Hillary should have a word with the leadership about this situation and find someone that doesn't have a bunker mentality.

SueDB

Post by SueDB »

esseff44 wrote:So, the article is saying DW-S is keeping a tight rein on the DNC and is the ultimate decider. Perhaps Hillary should have a word with the leadership about this situation and find someone that doesn't have a bunker mentality.
Not "the decider" shit again.............. :eek2:
“If You're Not In The Obit, Eat Breakfast”

Remember, Orly NEVAH disappoints!

gatsby

Post by gatsby »

Is this the thread to discuss the Democratic debates? I hear there's one tonight.

:yawn:

gatsby

Post by gatsby »

CNN says Trump will live tweet the debate. It starts in seven minutes.

gatsby

Post by gatsby »

trump.png
You do not have the required permissions to view the files attached to this post.

gatsby

Post by gatsby »

Family Liberty Patriot

Post by Family Liberty Patriot »

Can I suggest that linking to that orang-utang is not the best use of our time tonight? The adults will be speaking, for once.
"The modern conservative is engaged in one of man's oldest exercises in moral philosophy; that is, the search for a superior moral justification for selfishness."

John Kenneth Galbraith (1908 - 2006)

gatsby

Post by gatsby »

Family Liberty Patriot wrote:Can I suggest that linking to that orang-utang is not the best use of our time tonight? The adults will be speaking, for once.
It was a screenshot. This is the link:

https://twitter.com/realDonaldTrump

Family Liberty Patriot

Yeah, maybe he gets enough attention already?
"The modern conservative is engaged in one of man's oldest exercises in moral philosophy; that is, the search for a superior moral justification for selfishness."

gatsby

Post by gatsby »

Family Liberty Patriot wrote:Yeah, maybe he gets enough attention already?
Sure, but it's helped the Democrats.

Family Liberty Patriot

:doh: :bored:

gatsby

Post by gatsby »

"I'm a progressive. But I'm a progressive who likes to get things done."
-- Hillary Clinton

gatsby

Post by gatsby »

Hillary is coming across most presidential.

Sanders looks like a gun nut.

Webb looks like a general nut.

gatsby

Post by gatsby »

"Americans are sick of hearing about the damn emails!"
-- Bernie Sanders

Epectitus

Post by Epectitus »

1. Love 'em or hate 'em. The Democrats tonight look like an actual political party.

2. They also behave like grownups. All of 'em.

3. Chafee and Webb are both unimpressive to me... but O'Malley deserves more attention.

4. I'm enjoying the hell out of this.
"Hell, I would wear a dress and ruby red slippers all year if we can prove this" - Mike Zullo

Foggy

Post by Foggy »

When Hillary feels compelled to state in a public debate that she is a progressive :liar: that's the Sanders Effect at work.

I don't think he has a prayer of being the nominee. I don't think he'd be a great president. He'd be 75 years old at his inauguration.

Even :sterngard: isn't that old.

But he's pushing Hillary to the left.

He's forcing her to realize that a Democratic president should maybe possibly represent more than just what Wall Street wants.

For this reason, I'm supporting him till the day he isn't in the race no moar. :thumbs:
For more information, read it again. || When science is outlawed, only outlaws will have science.

(Fogbow on PayPal)

Volkonski

Post by Volkonski »

http://www.washingtonpost.com/news/powe ... las-vegas/
Hillary Rodham Clinton was the only candidate on stage last night who looked like a plausible president. She had gravitas and filled the stage, while her four rivals came across as unelectable, unserious or both. In short, she solidified her status as the Democratic front-runner. Clinton’s strong performance will, at least temporarily, quiet doubts among party elites and make it less likely that Joe Biden enters the race.

The conventional wisdom among Washington elites that this was a T.K.O for HRC cemented overnight. This morning’s clips are, by far, the best Clinton has enjoyed all year. From nonpartisan reporters to thought leaders across the spectrum, there was a near consensus that Hillary won.
So, maybe HRC will now support having more debates? ;)
Image“If everyone fought for their own convictions there would be no war.”
― Leo Tolstoy, War and Peace

Addie

Post by Addie »

"The very least you can do in your life is to figure out what you hope for." - Barbara Kingsolver

Addie

Post by Addie »

As far as I've seen, Hillary won the press and Bernie won focus groups and social media.

I expected Hillary to do well. She's always been a good debater. And Bernie? He's so easy to love. But I thought O'Malley did really well.

His closing statement was lovely:

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=b1K8oSL3oSQ

Adding this (posted to DU), apparently from Chris Matthews' show.

"The very least you can do in your life is to figure out what you hope for." - Barbara Kingsolver

qbawl

Post by qbawl »

My amateurish take on the evenings proceedings:

Chaffee could well have utilized his closing remarks to announce his retirement from the race.
Webb could have joined Chaffee for a farewell duet.
Sanders IMHO did nothing to enhance his electability.
O'Malley was to me the surprise of the night. Hillary may see him as vp material.
Hillary took home all the marbles she did what she needed to do which in my opinion is keep Joe B. out of the debates unfortunately.

The GOP has handed the DEMs a prize on a plate with the clusterfuck clown car of their candidates forum I hope Hillary can exploit that to her advantage. Also to be honest I wish the DEMs could present some viable young personalities as competition for Hillary. A young Joe B. might be the answer. It bothers me that of the VIABLE demos only Hillary is younger than I am (not by much either). O'Malley does represent a glimmer of hope I suppose.

magdalen77

Post by magdalen77 »

Foggy wrote:When Hillary feels compelled to state in a public debate that she is a progressive :liar: that's the Sanders Effect at work.

I don't think he has a prayer of being the nominee. I don't think he'd be a great president. He'd be 75 years old at his inauguration.

Even :sterngard: isn't that old.

But he's pushing Hillary to the left.

He's forcing her to realize that a Democratic president should maybe possibly represent more than just what Wall Street wants.

For this reason, I'm supporting him till the day he isn't in the race no moar. :thumbs:
Pushing Hillary to the left isn't a bad thing. I don't think that Bernie could get elected, but he does have a lot of great ideas.

ZekeB

Post by ZekeB »

magdalen77 wrote:Pushing Hillary to the left isn't a bad thing. I don't think that Bernie could get elected, but he does have a lot of great ideas.
Great ideas are one thing; being able to put them into law is quite another. President Obama has many great ideas. Unfortunately they will never see the light of day because of our present congress.

What makes me shudder is the thought of a Republican president having his ideas fly right through our current congress.
Trump: Er hat eine größere Ente als ich.

Putin: Du bist kleiner als ich.

Slim Cognito

Post by Slim Cognito »

Per the Tampa Bay Times Jeb! would have taken Hillary Clinton "to task" over her emails. If the race comes down to Jeb! vs Hillary, I picture it more this way: Clinton reduces Bush to a quivering mass of jelly.
ImageImageImage x4

Jim

Post by Jim »

Slim Cognito wrote:Per the Tampa Bay Times Jeb! would have taken Hillary Clinton "to task" over her emails. If the race comes down to Jeb! vs Hillary, I picture it more this way: Clinton reduces Bush to a quivering mass of jelly.
Jeb would spend so much of his time trying to defend his brother's record, Hillary's emails won't even be a blip on the screen.

Addie

Post by Addie »

I agree, qbawl. The party needs to be raising up some young blood or it's not going to have much of a future.
qbawl wrote:Also to be honest I wish the DEMs could present some viable young personalities as competition for Hillary. A young Joe B. might be the answer. It bothers me that of the VIABLE demos only Hillary is younger than I am (not by much either). O'Malley does represent a glimmer of hope I suppose.

Return to “Presidential Election”