Rafael Edward "Felito" "Ted" Cruz 2016 - Eligibility

Notorial Dissent

Re: Rafael Edward "Felito" "Ted" Cruz 2016 - Eligibility

Post by Notorial Dissent » Sun May 01, 2016 4:45 am

I think Miz Cruz is delusional, but then again she married him, so I can't be too sympathetic.
The fact that you sincerely and wholeheartedly believe that the “Law of Gravity” is unconstitutional and a violation of your sovereign rights, does not absolve you of adherence to it.

bob

Post by bob » Tue May 03, 2016 3:06 pm

[Professors] Christopher W. Schmidt and Matthew T. Bodie, The Natural-Born Citizen Clause, Popular Constitutionalism, and Ted Cruz’s Eligibility Question, 84 Geo. Wash. L. Rev. 36 (2016).

Less about whether Cruz is eligible and more about how to decide constitutional issues (in this case, eligibility).

Notable because Apuzzo, Taitz, and Klayman get a shout-out (in footnote 46). :thumbs:
Imagex6 Imagex2 Imagex4 Imagex2

Orlylicious
Location: With Pete Buttigieg and the other "open and defiant homosexuals" --Bryan Fischer AFA

Post by Orlylicious » Wed May 04, 2016 5:09 am

Orly should demand retraction unless she can be Footnote #1!

In Birther Report's triumphant Video: Fox's Megyn Kelly; Historic Moment That Birther Donald Trump Is Presumptive GOP Nominee some wisdom from Chuckles -- don't even THINK about that VP slot, Felito!
CDR Charles Kerchner (Ret) statement: "A Victory for the Constitution and We the People! Foreign-Born, Cuban-Citizen at Birth via His Father, Ted Cruz the Constitutionally Ineligible Candidate, Capitulates. We the People Sent a Message. Only a Natural Born Citizen, a Person Born in the USA to Parents Who Are Both Citizens When Their Child is Born, is Constitutionally Eligible to be President and Commander in Chief, or VP. And We Will Continue to Let That Be Known! Message to the GOP, RNC, and the Major Media –Cruz, Rubio, Jindal, and/or Nikki Haley are NOT Constitutionally Eligible to be the VP. See the Last Sentence of the 12th Amendment."
http://www.birtherreport.com/2016/05/vi ... oment.html

Start working on that declaratory judgment for 2020! :lol:
Avatar Photo: Current Logo for Fogbow's favorite show, "Mama June: From Not To Hot: "The Road To Intervention"

Fortinbras

Post by Fortinbras » Wed May 04, 2016 3:52 pm

I think we have been spared interminable lawsuits over Cruz's status as a "natural born citizen". The one bit of good news to come out of Indiana.

Reality Check

Post by Reality Check » Wed May 04, 2016 3:58 pm

Fortinbras wrote:I think we have been spared interminable lawsuits over Cruz's status as a "natural born citizen". The one bit of good news to come out of Indiana.
There have already been a handful of ballot challenges and they have all been settled in Cruz's favor. The only lasting legacy of the Cruz candidacy might be that he provided case law in favor of future foreign born candidates.
"“If you’re not outraged, you’re not paying attention.”

Heather Heyer, November 2016

bob

Post by bob » Wed May 04, 2016 5:55 pm

I'm curious: What will birthers do now?

Currently, they are happy that one of them is the presumptive Republican nominee, and they think that they (somehow) prevented Cruz from becoming the nominee.

But with so many half-baked Cruz paranoia projects not yet fully baked, I suspect they will continue to beat the anti-Cruz drum until the convention approaches. ("In case he is under consideration for the vice presidency.")

Once Trump is the official nominee, it'll be pro-Trump, all the time. With occasional musings about what President Trump might do to Obama. But Arpaio and Zullo have all but said no information will be released until there is a "receptive" president in the White House.

Following a Trump loss in November, there will be the expected gnashing of garments and rending of teeth. And sweet, sweet tears.

And I suspect the usual outlets (P&E, ORYR/BR, Taitz, etc.) will then simply evolve into anti-Clinton fearmongering. Same as it always was.

Fortinbras

Post by Fortinbras » Wed May 04, 2016 10:01 pm

If the birfer suits about Obama are any indication, the few Cruz court decisions will settle nothing. Birfers will convince themselves that the current candidate (whoever he/she is) somehow has a different citizenship DNA code than any previous case, that the birfers or the judges handling any previous court case were not as clever, etc., and so the whole thing has to be fought all over again. And even Obama leaving office - even Obama dying of extreme old age - will not stop them because some twit will be arguing that some law signed by Obama during his Presidency is invalid because Obama shouldn't have been in office to begin with.

Suranis

Post by Suranis » Thu May 05, 2016 12:12 am

Drumfs mother was Scottish, a subject of the British Empire... :twisted:
Learn to Swear in Latin. Profanity with class!
https://blogs.transparent.com/latin/lat ... -in-latin/

Estiveo

Post by Estiveo » Thu May 05, 2016 12:15 am

I thought Drumpf's mother was an orangutan?
Image Image Image Image Image

Suranis

Post by Suranis » Thu May 05, 2016 12:16 am

Well we have to ask the question.
Learn to Swear in Latin. Profanity with class!
https://blogs.transparent.com/latin/lat ... -in-latin/

RTH10260

Post by RTH10260 » Thu May 05, 2016 1:50 am

Estiveo wrote:I thought Drumpf's mother was an orangutan?
Does that make him Indonesian :?:

GreatGrey

Post by GreatGrey » Thu May 05, 2016 5:43 am

image.jpeg
You do not have the required permissions to view the files attached to this post.
I am not "someone upthread".
Trump needs to be smashed into some kind of inedible orange pâté.

rajah

Post by rajah » Thu May 05, 2016 7:43 am

I was upset when Ted Cruz lost Indiana. I was all primed to be glued to the telly for the Republican Convention and I thought that there would be a god almighty donnybrook. One of the real old fashioned political fights with knives, pistols, flamethrowers, hand grenades and the works. Now they have gone and spoiled it for me.
Regards ..........Dick

ZekeB

Post by ZekeB » Thu May 05, 2016 7:48 am

Well Dick, I think the Repub convention may still have some fireworks in store. I'd like to see what Trump's input for the party plank will be.
Ano, jsou opravdové. - Stormy Daniels

Nech mě domluvit! - Orly Taitz

Notorial Dissent

Post by Notorial Dissent » Thu May 05, 2016 7:54 am

rajah, don't give up hope, I am expecting the GOP convention to be rife with discord and rancor, and probably a bit of proverbial bloodshed. The comedy should be intense.
The fact that you sincerely and wholeheartedly believe that the “Law of Gravity” is unconstitutional and a violation of your sovereign rights, does not absolve you of adherence to it.

SueDB

Post by SueDB » Thu May 05, 2016 10:46 am

Wasn't Borneo somewhat part of the British or one of the other European empire?
“If You're Not In The Obit, Eat Breakfast”

Remember, Orly NEVAH disappoints!

Piffle

Post by Piffle » Thu May 05, 2016 12:37 pm

[threadjack]
SueDB wrote:
Wasn't Borneo somewhat part of the British or one of the other European empire?
The states of Sarawak and Sabah in northern Borneo are Malaysian and the southern portions of the island are Indonesian. I visited Sarawak in 1991 and found its history fascinating.

For a century preceding WWII, Sarawak was ruled by the "White Rajahs" of the Brooke family. (Prior to the mid-19th century, Sarawak was part of the Sultan of Brunei's empire.) The ruling Brooke Rajah was addressed by the unpretentious title "Sir", befitting a gentleman of British background. Their palace (the Astana) in the capital city of Kuching is now the residence of the Governor of Sarawak.

For all practical purposes, the Brookes Government came to an end when the Japanese occupied the island in WWII. After the war, the family formally ceded their "personal country" to the UK which, in turn, granted self-rule in the early 60s. Sarawak then became part of the Federation of Malaysia.

FWIW, there are still a few wild orangs living in both the Malaysian and Indonesian portions of Borneo.

[/threadjack]

SueDB

Post by SueDB » Thu May 05, 2016 2:21 pm

So...the Orangutan in question could still have been born a UK citizen? :lol: :lol: :lol:

Thank you very much for the history lesson. You never know what you will learn on TheFogbow. :-D
“If You're Not In The Obit, Eat Breakfast”

Remember, Orly NEVAH disappoints!

Orlylicious
Location: With Pete Buttigieg and the other "open and defiant homosexuals" --Bryan Fischer AFA

Post by Orlylicious » Thu May 05, 2016 7:50 pm

Avatar Photo: Current Logo for Fogbow's favorite show, "Mama June: From Not To Hot: "The Road To Intervention"

Notorial Dissent

Post by Notorial Dissent » Fri May 06, 2016 12:13 am

But but but didn't he renounce his Canadian citizenship???? But then can we believe anything he said???

Orlylicious

Post by Orlylicious » Thu May 12, 2016 2:18 am

Got an email from Felito today, he's running for Senate in 2018 and needs money NOW!
► Show Spoiler
Not so fast, Felito... Chuckles is on it!

Charles Kerchner ‏@cdrkerchner 23 minutes ago
Ted Cruz Announces Run for Second Term in U.S. Senate, But Is He Eligible? -ThePost&Email http://www.thepostemail.com/2016/05/11/ ... -eligible/ … #tedcruzcubancitizen #tcot

Thanks to Sharon and the august P&E, forget it Felito.
Ted Cruz Announces Run for Second Term in U.S. Senate, But Is He Eligible?
SOURCE: CRUZ’S MOTHER TOOK CANADIAN CITIZENSHIP
by Sharon Rondeau

(May 11, 2016) — On Wednesday, former Republican presidential candidate Ted Cruz announced in an email that although his presidential campaign is no longer active, he filed the necessary documents to seek re-election to the U.S. Senate in 2018, when his current six-year term will conclude.
On Wednesday evening, The Post & Email received a tip from a highly credible source that Cruz’s mother, née Eleanor Darragh, renounced her U.S. citizenship at some point while she was in Canada, roughly between December 1967, as reported by Breitbart via the Cruz campaign, and early 1975. The source stated that it is as yet unclear whether she renounced U.S. citizenship before or after her son Ted was born in Calgary on December 22, 1970.

On Ted Cruz’s Canadian birth certificate, his mother is shown as “Eleanor Elizabeth Wilson” and his father as Rafael Bienvenido Cruz, which, our source suggested, indicates that they were unmarried when Ted was born.

The source also told The Post & Email that “There is possibly evidence or lack of evidence in Canada of an actual marriage at the time of Ted Cruz’s birth and the strong possibility that there was a renunciation of citizenship” on Eleanor’s part.
http://www.thepostemail.com/2016/05/11/ ... -eligible/

:boxing:

Notorial Dissent

Post by Notorial Dissent » Thu May 12, 2016 4:33 am

There seems to be a great dearth of factual and substantative reporting coming out of the Pest and E-Fail these days. All their current evidence indicates is that neither one of them can read or is familiar with variations of how people do things. As in some women keep their maiden name or their former names when they marry. But then when did a few simple facts ever get in the way of one of their flights of fantasy.

magdalen77

Post by magdalen77 » Thu May 12, 2016 12:16 pm

I'm pretty sure that my mom's maiden name is on my birth certificate and my parents were married 2 years before I was born.

spiduh

Post by spiduh » Thu May 12, 2016 12:31 pm

Mother's maiden name is typically listed on birth certificates. If you look up Felito's the field is labeled "Name of Mother Before Marriage."
► Show Spoiler
http://www.dallasnews.com/news/politics ... -rules.ece
Not sure what relevancy that would have to his citizenship anyway.
“If they kill me, grab my phone.” –Ammon Bundy (Reuters)
"Yes, I Did Turn the Flying Monkeys Loose!" -Anna von Reitz (FB)
"I 'Self Identify' as a female" -Jon Ritzheimer (FB)

bob

Post by bob » Thu May 12, 2016 1:09 pm

Remove Obama from office? Support Trump's presidential run?

Priorities, people!: Get Cruz primary'ed on a completely bogus basis! For an election that's two years away!

:thumbs:

Return to “Presidential Election”