Republicans Against Trump

Dolly

Re: Republicans Against Trump

Post by Dolly » Fri Dec 14, 2018 9:17 am

more "Republicans abandoning the party"
USA TODAY
Republican Kansas state Sen. Barbara Bollier joins Democratic Party

As a Republican, Kansas state Sen. Barbara Bollier was often at odds with her party on a number of issues, particularly LGBTQ rights.

So, she made her break and joined the Democrats after 43 years as a registered Republican and 10 years as a GOP lawmaker, KCTV reported. She told the Shawnee Mission Post that the change was spurred by "frustrations that have been ongoing for nine years."

Bollier represents the increasingly Democratic Kansas City suburb of Mission Hills. She is a fiscal conservative but also is pro-choice, favors Medicaid expansion and supports gay rights.

She told the Kansas City Star that the "final, last straw" for her came when state Republicans adopted a platform in June that declared, "We believe God created two genders, male and female."

Bollier also cited President Donald Trump's administration as another reason for her switch.

"I cannot be complicit in supporting that," she told Star, referring to Trump's policies. "I can’t call it leadership. I don’t even know what to call him. He is our president, but he is not representing my value system remotely." <SNIP>
https://www.msn.com/en-us/news/politics ... nbywpmRDGo
Avatar by Tal Peleg Art of Makeup https://www.facebook.com/TalPelegMakeUp

Flatpointhigh
Occupation: Voice Actor, Podcaster, I hold a Ph.D in Procrastination.

Post by Flatpointhigh » Mon Dec 17, 2018 7:27 pm

They're infiltrating the Democratic Party.

My Name is...
Daffy Duck.. woo hoo!
Cancer broke me

DejaMoo

Post by DejaMoo » Mon Dec 17, 2018 8:16 pm

Flatpointhigh wrote:
Mon Dec 17, 2018 7:27 pm
They're infiltrating the Democratic Party.
If you can't beat 'em, join 'em. It's a twisted version of the Democratic Party's Republican Lite: once you're elected as a Democrat, govern like a Republican.
I've heard this bull before.

Volkonski

Post by Volkonski » Wed Dec 19, 2018 1:43 pm

Three Kansas lawmakers abandon Republican Party, become Dems

http://www.msnbc.com/rachel-maddow-show ... ecome-dems
What we didn’t realize at the time was that she’d soon have some company. The Topeka Capital-Journal reported this morning:

Kansas Sen. Dinah Sykes and Rep. Stephanie Clayton served notice Wednesday of a decision to politically re-brand themselves by leaving the Republican Party to represent a Johnson County district as a Democrat.

Sykes, a Lenexa resident elected to the Senate in 2016, said she was motivated by the GOP’s approach on key issues and concerns about a party led by President Donald Trump.

The article added that we may yet see a fourth Kansas lawmaker make the same transition: “Another Republican in the House, Rep. Joy Koesten, of Leawood, said she also was giving consideration to switching her affiliation.”
Image“If everyone fought for their own convictions there would be no war.”
― Leo Tolstoy, War and Peace

RoadScholar

Post by RoadScholar » Wed Dec 19, 2018 1:46 pm

Gee, it looks like women are particularly disgusted with the Trump Party.

I wonder why that is? :think:
The bitterest truth is healthier than the sweetest lie.
X3

AndyinPA

Post by AndyinPA » Wed Dec 19, 2018 1:48 pm

That's nice, but they still bring the republican baggage with them. The week of GHW Bush's funeral, Charlie Pierce was on Ari Melber's program (I think) and laid down a few ugly truths about Bush. I thought Jennifer Rubin's head was going to explode.

Tiredretiredlawyer
Occupation: Permanent probationary slave to 1 dog, 1 cat, and 1 horse, 4 granddogs, and one grandcat.

Post by Tiredretiredlawyer » Wed Dec 19, 2018 2:00 pm

AndyinPA wrote:
Wed Dec 19, 2018 1:48 pm
That's nice, but they still bring the republican baggage with them. The week of GHW Bush's funeral, Charlie Pierce was on Ari Melber's program (I think) and laid down a few ugly truths about Bush. I thought Jennifer Rubin's head was going to explode.
Charles Pierce was vocal on his Twitter feed too about GHW Bush not deserving acclaim just because he died.
A 19th Amendment Centennial Moment: Helen Keller supported women’s suffrage and was a co-founder of the American Civil Liberties Union.

AndyinPA

Post by AndyinPA » Wed Dec 19, 2018 2:02 pm

Tiredretiredlawyer wrote:
Wed Dec 19, 2018 2:00 pm
AndyinPA wrote:
Wed Dec 19, 2018 1:48 pm
Charles Pierce was vocal on his Twitter feed too about GHW Bush not deserving acclaim just because he died.
You should have read the Rude Pundit! :eek2:

Return to “Presidential Election”