John E. Bush 2016

Piffle

Re: John E. Bush 2016

Post by Piffle » Wed Feb 03, 2016 1:24 pm

The Ballad of Jeb!
(Apologies to Flatt & Scruggs)

Come and listen to my story 'bout a man named Jeb!
A war profiteer with a PAC his family fed
And then one day he was lookin' at the news
And up from the polls popped a troublin' Cruz.

Oozed that is, Texas tea party

Well the next thing you know Jeb takes on a billionaire
Kinfolk said, "Jeb don't think of going there"
Said, "Further to the right is the place you oughta be"
So they loaded up on ads run on Fox and NBC.

TV that is, talking heads, movie stars

Well now it's time to say goodbye to Jeb and all his kin,
They would like to flip you off because you didn't vote for him
You're all invited back again to this locality
To have another share of Cruz and Trump insanity.

Y'all come back now, y'hear?

Skip Intro

Post by Skip Intro » Wed Feb 03, 2016 2:05 pm

‘Please clap’: Jeb Bush begs crowd to applaud after speech is met with total silence

http://www.rawstory.com/2016/02/please- ... l-silence/
In the Trump era anything is true if enough people believe it.

NotaPerson

Post by NotaPerson » Wed Feb 03, 2016 2:25 pm

Piffle wrote:The Ballad of Jeb!
(Apologies to Flatt & Scruggs)

Come and listen to my story 'bout a man named Jeb!
A war profiteer with a PAC his family fed
And then one day he was lookin' at the news
And up from the polls popped a troublin' Cruz.

Oozed that is, Texas tea party

Well the next thing you know Jeb takes on a billionaire
Kinfolk said, "Jeb don't think of going there"
Said, "Further to the right is the place you ought be"
So they loaded up on ads run on Fox and NBC.

TV that is, talking heads, movie stars

Well now it's time to say goodbye to Jeb and all his kin,
They would like to flip you off because you didn't vote for him
You're all invited back again to this locality
To have another share of Cruz and Trump insanity.

Y'all come back now, y'hear?
:thumbs:
Am I being detained?

Flatpointhigh
Occupation: Voice Actor, Podcaster, I hold a Ph.D in Procrastination.

Post by Flatpointhigh » Wed Feb 03, 2016 4:29 pm

:thumbs: :thumbs:

My Name is...
Daffy Duck.. woo hoo!
Cancer broke me

RTH10260

Post by RTH10260 » Wed Feb 03, 2016 7:03 pm

Skip Intro wrote:‘Please clap’: Jeb Bush begs crowd to applaud after speech is met with total silence

http://www.rawstory.com/2016/02/please- ... l-silence/
Jeb wants to be the most powerful and energetic Comander-in-Chief, so please applaude, please....

[liveleak]6370ba14a7f4[/liveleak]

Orlylicious
Location: With Pete Buttigieg and the other "open and defiant homosexuals" --Bryan Fischer AFA
Occupation: "Do Nothing Democrat Savage" -- Donald, 9/28/19 and "Scalawag...Part of an extreme, malicious leftist internet social mob working in concert with weaponized, socialized governments to target and injure political opponents.” -- Walt Fitzpatrick

Post by Orlylicious » Sun Feb 07, 2016 1:55 am

Hooray for Jeb*! Check out this rave: "Wonky but likeable!" Maybe the tide is turning! RedState and many others called him a WINNER tonight!
WINNERS

2. Jeb Bush – Surprisingly strong performance from Bush tonight. He absolutely kneecapped Trump in the exchange on eminent domain. He avoided any meaningful verbal flubs. He appeared wonky but likeable. He was in command of the facts. His story about the guy who died (according to the VA) was charming and humorous. I don’t know if it’s because the rest of the candidates don’t consider him a threat, but Jeb was able to really rise above the fray and be one of the only two positive presences on stage tonight.
http://www.redstate.com/leon_h_wolf/201 ... bc-debate/

Rachel pointed this out a few days ago and totally agree, they must have cut this ad for the last, final Hail Mary pass to use in November and horrified to be having to drag out Mrs. Bush and run this W ad now.
[bbvideo=560,315][/bbvideo]
But maybe it'll work and Jeb* will benefit from Marco's circuit failure and zoom up in those polls! :thumbs:

Now, if things get really, really bad, there's just one more video they can cut together for sympathy and to close the deal: Sekrit Stuffs!
[bbvideo=560,315][/bbvideo]
Go Jeb* Go! And :clap: and :lol: Piffle!
Don't miss Fogbow's favorite show starring the titular Mama June Shannon -- "Mama June: From Not To Hot: "The Road To Intervention"

Adrianinflorida

Post by Adrianinflorida » Sun Feb 07, 2016 6:50 am

Jeb? Can't quit yet, he still has money to piss away.

Dolly

Post by Dolly » Sun Feb 07, 2016 3:21 pm

In New Hampshire, Jeb Bush is searching for a comeback

By Matt Viser GLOBE STAFF FEBRUARY 06, 2016
LACONIA, N.H. — Sitting on his campaign bus — laptop, turkey jerky, and coffee all nearby — Jeb Bush was befuddled over his campaign’s failure to capture more attention from the news media.

“I could drop my pants,” he said in an interview. “Moon the whole crowd. Everybody would be aghast, except the press guys would never notice.”

Bush is entering the final days of his last stand, and hints of exasperation are leaking through his cheerful, stoic demeanor. Without a major comeback in New Hampshire on Tuesday, or, absent that, a Bush miracle in South Carolina later this month, he will face increasing pressure to bow out of the race.

Bush’s problems are infinitely greater than the bored “press guys” staring at their smartphones in the back of his town hall gatherings. It’s the tectonic shifts in the Republican Party. It’s the voters, with their white-hot anger at the status quo. It’s his family name. It’s him.

Bush began a year ago at the helm of a steamship of a campaign, with all the advantages that his family pedigree, corporate political money, and establishment backing conferred. But now, just a few days before the New Hampshire vote, he seems like he’s alone in a rowboat, furiously pushing against the current. <SNIP>
https://www.bostonglobe.com/news/politi ... story.html
Avatar by Tal Peleg Art of Makeup https://www.facebook.com/TalPelegMakeUp

Clairez

Post by Clairez » Mon Feb 08, 2016 1:09 am

Piffle wrote:The Ballad of Jeb!
Excellent! Most excellent Piffle! :rotflmao:

TexasFilly

Post by TexasFilly » Mon Feb 15, 2016 6:35 pm

OMG W is speaking at a Jeb? rally in South Carolina. History is revised, dramatically. It's sickening. And W is losing his hair and looks more like his Momma. Laura, however, never seems to age.
I love the poorly educated!!!

Kevin McCarthy: Paul Ryan playing with a head injury -- Jon Lovett

Lani

Post by Lani » Mon Feb 15, 2016 6:37 pm

W is doing a great job with that crowd. He knows his audience.
Insert signature here: ____________________________________________________

TexasFilly

Post by TexasFilly » Mon Feb 15, 2016 6:38 pm

Lani wrote:W is doing a great job with that crowd. He knows his audience.
Yes, these are all people who think he kept America safe! :brickwallsmall:

Lani

Post by Lani » Mon Feb 15, 2016 6:44 pm

Yep, the stories of his greatness were nauseating, but it was a good speech and well delivered for that crowd. Now it's even cheering Jeb? throughout his speech.
Insert signature here: ____________________________________________________

TexasFilly

Post by TexasFilly » Mon Feb 15, 2016 6:56 pm

Yes, Jeb is invoking Jesus. Jeb bragging about how many jobs he created (during Bill Clinton's tenure), how no one was complaining about FEMA during all of the hurricanes that hit Florida (Bill Clinton's FEMA), eviscerating public education through private school vouchers. :nope: And he can beat HILLARY Clinton

Skip Intro

Post by Skip Intro » Tue Feb 16, 2016 6:16 pm

God what a POS this guy is.

RTH10260

Post by RTH10260 » Wed Feb 17, 2016 6:23 am

Where's the photoshop to add the number of murders while JEB- was in office?

Slim Cognito

Post by Slim Cognito » Wed Feb 17, 2016 8:08 am

RTH10260 wrote:Where's the photoshop to add the number of murders while JEB- was in office?
Saw a photoshop on facebook. Now it's a black dildo.
Goldie reports the party a success and all zombies inebriated eliminated.
ImageImageImage x4

Orlylicious
Location: With Pete Buttigieg and the other "open and defiant homosexuals" --Bryan Fischer AFA
Occupation: "Do Nothing Democrat Savage" -- Donald, 9/28/19 and "Scalawag...Part of an extreme, malicious leftist internet social mob working in concert with weaponized, socialized governments to target and injure political opponents.” -- Walt Fitzpatrick

Post by Orlylicious » Thu Feb 18, 2016 2:09 am

Even sending Bush 43 wasn't enough, Gov. Haley picked Rubio. Even with President Bush campaigning, Jeb* didn't get any traction. He appeared on The Kelly File tonight unshaven and these screen caps I pulled pretty much say it.

WaPo:
Jeb Bush confronted like never before by worried supporters
By Ed O'Keefe February 17 at 4:44 PM
Sen. Lindsey O. Graham (R-S.C.), a Bush supporter traveling with the candidate on Wednesday, dismissed the idea that Bush should play nice.

"You tell me how you do that onstage, how you do that in 30 seconds," he said. "You tell me how you do that when someone just accused your brother of causing 9/11. Somebody just accused your brother of lying to the American people — but you talk about your health-care plan? If you did that, you’re losing 90 percent of the people in South Carolina because here’s the way we are: If somebody insults our mom, our dad, our brother, we’re going to pop you in the face. Figuratively. And maybe literally.”

Leaving the event, Jeb Bush said he was "disappointed" by Haley's decision. He dealt with the bad news and free advice sarcastically.

"It’s all been decided, apparently," he said. "The pundits have already figured it out. We don’t have to go vote. I should stop campaigning maybe."
Cmon Jeb* keep fighting! The humiliation is just awesome.
Don't miss Fogbow's favorite show starring the titular Mama June Shannon -- "Mama June: From Not To Hot: "The Road To Intervention"

Orlylicious

Post by Orlylicious » Thu Feb 18, 2016 7:50 pm

:( :swoon: Jeb* Jeb* Jeb*
Bush Campaign Sources: Campaign Out of Money. Pay Ends Saturday.
By Erick Erickson | February 18, 2016, 10:58am

This is pretty remarkable. Sources close to the Bush campaign are beginning to leak about a call last night. I’m told the Bush team is out of money. Pay for campaign staff will end on Saturday. The campaign is all but over. Additionally, after having hundreds of millions of dollars on hand, the Bush Super PAC has less than $15 million from what I am being told. What a waste.

Ironically, if Bush really wants to have an impact on the race, given that his campaign is broke, he should publicly get out of the race today. This would be like Rich Perry in 2012, who got out, cast his support to Gingrich at the last minute, and saw Gingrich storm into first place in South Carolina.

Bush could be the king maker if he gets out today. His campaign is broke, staff is being told they will not be paid after Saturday, and Bush could shake things up significantly if he gets out now.

UPDATED: Bush campaign vehemently denies there was a call or that the campaign is out of money. I stand by the story.

Also this:
Wall Street source tells me top Jebber calling donors: He will drop out unless he finishes "strong third" in South Carolina.
— Phil Kerpen (@kerpen) February 18, 2016
http://theresurgent.com/erick-ericksons ... ter-forum/

Skip Intro

Post by Skip Intro » Thu Feb 18, 2016 7:57 pm

You've got to look at the source of that story real hard. Erick son of Erick is looking to fill Bill Kristol's empty shoes some day.

BillTheCat

Post by BillTheCat » Thu Feb 18, 2016 8:01 pm

I stand by the story.
Oh, well okay then, that clears that up! :roll:
'But I don't want to go among mad people,' said Alice. 'Oh, you can't help that,' said the cat. 'We're all mad here.'
-Lewis Carroll

Orlylicious

Post by Orlylicious » Sat Feb 20, 2016 9:44 am

Jeb* headlines. So humiliating.

Is this it for Jeb Bush?
Washington Post - ‎2 hours ago‎
CENTRAL, S.C. — Jeb Bush has been fighting all week to dismiss talk of his demise. But his final South Carolina campaign event here felt bittersweet on Friday night. Staffers and volunteers hugged warmly, realizing that they had just one more day to ...
https://www.washingtonpost.com/news/pos ... -jeb-bush/
The End Is Nigh for Poor Jeb Bush
South Carolina voters may finally put Jeb! out of his misery.

Vanity Fair - ‎16 hours ago‎
When all is said and done in the 2016 election, historians may well look back at South Carolina as a make-or-break moment for Jeb Bush, a once jaunty technocrat laid low by reality-television star Donald Trump and betrayed by his android protégé Marco Rubio
Donors loyal to the Bush family have waited anxiously for him to drop out, giving them the green light to support another, more electable candidate. But Jeb, buoyed by a massive war chest of super-PAC money, has hung morosely on, deploying his mother, former First Lady Barbara Bush, and brother, former president George W. Bush, in South Carolina, where the dynasty has longstanding ties. Still, speculation has swirled that a disappointing performance in the Palmetto State should mark the end for Jeb’s low-energy campaign.

Bush himself seems to have reached new depths of existential wretchedness in the past several days. “I hope you don’t think the end is near,” he implored a crowd in Rock Hill, South Carolina, according to The New York Times. “We don’t have to go vote, I guess. It’s all finished,” he said at another self-defeating rally. “I should just stop campaigning, maybe, huh?”
http://www.vanityfair.com/news/2016/02/ ... h-carolina...
Jeb Bush staffers looking for new jobs ahead of South Carolina primary: report
New York Daily News - ‎8 hours ago‎
Jeb Bush says he is the best man for the job held by his brother and father, but his poll numbers have some staff members hoping to have any job at all after this weekend. Members of the former Florida governor's campaign for the Republican ...
http://www.nydailynews.com/news/nationa ... -1.2538289
Jeb Bush's Worst Week in Washington
Washington Post - ‎21 hours ago‎
On Tuesday, NBC's Peter Alexander asked Jeb Bush about how important winning the endorsement of South Carolina Gov. Nikki Haley was to his chances in the state's Feb. 20 primary. "She is the probably the most meaningful endorsement there is, if she is
https://www.washingtonpost.com/news/the ... ashington/...
While Rubio Stumps With ‘Benetton’ Ad, Jeb Bush Has ‘a Pile of Bushes’
Wall Street Journal - By Beth Reinhard Feb 19, 2016 3:45 pm ET

SPARTANBURG, S.C. – “You like Bushes? We got a pile of Bushes,” joked former Jeb Bush’s top surrogate in South Carolina, Sen. Lindsey Graham, on Friday before introducing a half-dozen members of the famous clan including former First Lady Barbara Bush.

Meanwhile, Mr. Bush’s Cuban-American rival for the GOP nomination, Florida Sen. Marco Rubio, was campaigning across the state with South Carolina’s first Indian-American governor, Nikki Haley, and its first African-American senator, Tim Scott. “A Benetton commercial,” said Mrs. Haley, referring to the clothing brand known for showcasing ethnic and racial diversity. The contrast between the dynastic family reunion and the diverse trio of under-50 politicians reflects the challenges facing Mr. Bush’s struggling campaign two days before another pivotal early primary.
Mr. Bush’s decades-old family donor network helped a super PAC backing his campaign raise a record-setting $103 million in the first half of 2015. Mr. Bush’s fundraising has slumped since then, however, and it’s unclear whether he has enough money to campaign through March without a victory that would generate new donors. The ticket price for a fundraiser hosted by Utah Sen. Orrin Hatch and former Minnesota Sen. Norm Coleman on Thursday is only $250, well below the $2,700 maximum donation.

But in case there was any doubt about Mr. Bush pressing on after Saturday’s vote in South Carolina, his campaign sent out a schedule that includes rallies in Nevada on Sunday and Monday. The next GOP debate is on Thursday in Houston, where Mr. Bush was raised and his parents live.

“I think this thing goes to Florida,” said Mr. Graham, referring to the state’s March 15 primary. “I think Jeb keeps going… I don’t see South Carolina as being a knockout punch for anybody.”
http://blogs.wsj.com/washwire/2016/02/1 ... of-bushes/

Lots of bad news but check out this gleaming endorsement on Fox News!
Jeb Bush: Ready to be the Commander-in-Chief America needs
Published February 19, 2016 FoxNews.com
For Republicans, our party faces a critically important choice this Saturday too. In a crowded and competitive field, a very fine man stands out as the only proven conservative who has governed a major swing state and solved the kinds of big, difficult problems the country faces in Washington today. His name is Jeb, and here is why you should vote for him.
Other candidates – who have no comparable record of accomplishment to which they can point – seem to measure strength by the loudness of their voices or the harshness of their tone. Jeb is even-tempered, serious and resolute – which history has repeatedly shown to be the true sign of executive strength.

The fact that Jeb has been endorsed by 30 retired admirals and generals and 12 Medal of Honor recipients speaks volumes about his readiness to serve as Commander-in-Chief. Jeb will be a president who restores our military strength and respects our veterans, and his economic plans will strengthen job growth and result in working families receiving a pay raise for the first time in a long time.

No one running for president has achieved more positive change for people in a bigger state than Jeb did. He was a transformational governor and I believe he would be a transformational president. I know that, if American people give Jeb their trust, he will work tirelessly to change the broken culture of Washington and to lift our great nation to new heights.
http://www.foxnews.com/opinion/2016/02/ ... needs.html
Guess who wrote it?
► Show Spoiler

Orlylicious

Post by Orlylicious » Sat Feb 20, 2016 5:47 pm

Brutal. Don't quit Jeb*! POLITICO:
Bush's media corps feels his pain
As the ex-front runner struggles, he gets sympathy from an unusual quarter — reporters covering his campaign.
By Hadas Gold 02/20/16 07:59 AM EST

At a recent campaign Jeb Bush event in South Carolina, three voters in a row who were supposed to be asking him questions instead started giving the gentle-spirited candidate, who once pledged to run a “joyful” campaign, advice on how to be sharper. It felt more like an intervention than a town hall. Reporters sitting at a table reserved for the press recalled making rueful eye contact with each other, with the unsaid sentiment, “Poor Jeb.”
"Poor, Awkward Jeb Bush Is Giving People Secondhand Embarrassment” was the headline in a New York Magazine piece — in the science section — about why others feel embarrassed for Bush. http://nymag.com/scienceofus/2016/02/je ... sment.html

"Psychologists call the feeling vicarious embarrassment; the German word for it is Fremdscham, which translates literally to “external shame.” One of the most basic, primal human instincts is to keep up your standing within your social group,” wrote reporter Melissa Dahl.

The day before the New Hampshire primary, minutes before Bush entered the room at the Nashua Rotary Club for a speech, a pianist and two singers began to sing “When You Wish Upon a Star.” The musical selection from there, though instrumental only, got more wistful, from “Think of Me” from Phantom of the Opera to the jazz standard “Misty.” "Look at me, I'm as helpless as a kitten up a tree,” the lyrics go.
http://www.politico.com/story/2016/02/j ... thy-219522

Orlylicious

Post by Orlylicious » Sat Feb 20, 2016 8:11 pm

Don't count him out yet, only 21% in and he's ahead of Carson! ;)

Sterngard Friegen

Post by Sterngard Friegen » Sat Feb 20, 2016 8:13 pm

JebRIP

Return to “Presidential Election”