John E. Bush 2016

Volkonski

John E. Bush 2016

Post by Volkonski »

Park McGraw Former US Navy Experimental Physicist

The US Navy has experimental physicists??????? :-?

And if the Navy did have experimental physicists wouldn't they have PhDs and have published peer-reviewed papers and such?
Image“If everyone fought for their own convictions there would be no war.”
― Leo Tolstoy, War and Peace

SueDB

John E. Bush 2016

Post by SueDB »

Mebbe it should be spelled "experimental psychotics"?
“If You're Not In The Obit, Eat Breakfast”

Remember, Orly NEVAH disappoints!

Suranis

John E. Bush 2016

Post by Suranis »

So John E, is putting out some new spin through Politico... He will be like Barack Obama. Wait what, isn't that guy totally unpopular...

Of course he is putting his own spin on who Barack Obama actually is

http://www.politico.com/magazine/story/ ... ml?ml=m_pm

Would Jeb Be Like Barack?

His emails portray a leader who's insular, introverted—and not afraid of executive power.

By S.V. DÁTE

December 30, 2014

An executive branch led by an insular, almost brooding intellect … running a tightly controlled, top-down policy machine with an aversion for leaks … and a mistrust—even disdain—for the legislative branch.

The Obama White House? Perhaps—but as fresh scrutiny of tens of thousands of his emails is starting to show, it could just as easily describe one of the current president’s would-be successors, former Florida Gov. Jeb Bush.

In his two terms in Tallahassee, the Republican governor pushed the boundaries of executive power. He unilaterally restructured the state’s affirmative action program through an executive order, rankling the state’s black community. He used his line-item veto pen liberally, axing hundreds of millions of dollars in hometown projects and upsetting even the state’s Republican Senate to the point that it successfully sued him on a technical point.

In contrast to previous Florida administrations, both Democratic and Republican, Bush pulled decision-making authority for his agencies inward to a small circle of staff in the governor’s office. Even media inquiries: All but the most routine similarly needed governor’s office sign-off.

The difference between the Middle Ages, and the Age of the Internet, is that in the Middle Ages no-one thought the Earth was flat.

Family Liberty Patriot

John E. Bush 2016

Post by Family Liberty Patriot »

Would Jeb Be Like Barack?

His emails portray a leader who's insular, introverted—and not afraid of executive power.

By S.V. DÁTE

December 30, 2014

An executive branch led by an insular, almost brooding intellect … running a tightly controlled, top-down policy machine with an aversion for leaks … and a mistrust—even disdain—for the legislative branch.

The Obama White House? Perhaps—but as fresh scrutiny of tens of thousands of his emails is starting to show, it could just as easily describe one of the current president’s would-be successors, former Florida Gov. Jeb Bush.

In his two terms in Tallahassee, the Republican governor pushed the boundaries of executive power. He unilaterally restructured the state’s affirmative action program through an executive order, rankling the state’s black community. He used his line-item veto pen liberally, axing hundreds of millions of dollars in hometown projects and upsetting even the state’s Republican Senate to the point that it successfully sued him on a technical point.

In contrast to previous Florida administrations, both Democratic and Republican, Bush pulled decision-making authority for his agencies inward to a small circle of staff in the governor’s office. Even media inquiries: All but the most routine similarly needed governor’s office sign-off.

Oh, fucking BULLSHIT.

Look, being smart by Bush standards DOES NOT MAKE ONE AN 'INTELLECT.'

Fuck Politico. Fuck them and their tongue-baths.
"The modern conservative is engaged in one of man's oldest exercises in moral philosophy; that is, the search for a superior moral justification for selfishness."

John Kenneth Galbraith (1908 - 2006)

TexasFilly

John E. Bush 2016

Post by TexasFilly »

Achshully, Poppy Bush was a Phi Beta Kappa at Yale, and Jeb graduated from UT in three years, also Phi Beta Kappa. They don't give out those keys to morans. Just sayin'....
I love the poorly educated!!!

Kevin McCarthy: Paul Ryan playing with a head injury -- Jon Lovett

Paul Lentz

John E. Bush 2016

Post by Paul Lentz »

Achshully, Poppy Bush was a Phi Beta Kappa at Yale, and Jeb graduated from UT in three years, also Phi Beta Kappa. They don't give out those keys to morans. Just sayin'....

:yeah:

Jebby was the guv of FL for 8 years. I did not agree with him philosphically and politically on about 90% of what he championed or advocated (or, with the help of the republican state legislature) shoved down our throats). But to give credit where it's due, he (unlike his brother W) never struck me as lacking in intelligence--quite the opposite. And I will also say that there were crisis moments during those 8 years when his leadership as the chief executive of ALL of Florida shone, and I was glad he was our governor.

I don't want Jebby to be president, but I don't want any republican to be our president. Still, compared to some of the other likely republican contenders (such as Ted Cruz, Mike Lee, or Rick Santorum), Jebby's much more preferable to me. And, of course, if Jeb is nominated (even if he loses), it would prevent Marco Rubio from running since both are from Florida...and that's fine with me.
The love of power will not win over the power of love.
Orlando, Florida 6/12/16

Sterngard Friegen

John E. Bush 2016

Post by Sterngard Friegen »

Jeb is much more capable than W ever was.

Which is another reason why we don't want him to be able to appoint anyone to anything.

Foggy

John E. Bush 2016

Post by Foggy »

I feel a campaign slogan coming on ...

JEB ... he's not as dumb as his brother was.

That would look great on a bumper sticker! :banana:
For more information, read it again. || When science is outlawed, only outlaws will have science.

(Fogbow on PayPal)

TexasFilly

John E. Bush 2016

Post by TexasFilly »

:lol:

Orlylicious
Location: @orly_licious With Pete Buttigieg and the other "open and defiant homosexuals" --Bryan Fischer AFA
Occupation: #StuggersForBiden "Do Nothing Democrat Savage" -- Donald, 9/28/19 and "Scalawag...Part of an extreme, malicious leftist internet social mob working in concert with weaponized, socialized governments to target and injure political opponents.” -- Walt Fitzpatrick

John E. Bush 2016

Post by Orlylicious »

I'm in if Jeb! brings Cheney back as VP! :P

It's Jeb! not Jeb... hope he keeps using that, apparently he trademarked it and gave Deb! a big problem: http://jacksonville.com/news/florida/20 ... 80%99-bush

The titular Mama June enjoys a Corn Dog on 4th of July! Don't miss The Fogbow's Favourite TV Show™ starring the titular Mama June Shannon -- "Mama June: Family Crisis!" TVShowsAce featured Fogbow's love 5/26/20: https://bit.ly/2TNxrbS

Foggy

John E. Bush 2016

Post by Foggy »

JEB Resigns as George W's Brother

WASHINGTON (The Borowitz Report)—In the strongest sign to date that he intends to seek the 2016 Republican Presidential nomination, former Florida Governor Jeb Bush has officially resigned his position as George W. Bush’s brother.

“No longer being related to his brother is a key step to clearing Jeb’s path to the nomination,” an aide said on New Year’s Day. “We expect his poll numbers to soar on this.”

According to the aide, the former Florida governor resigned his post as brother in a ten-minute phone call with George W. Bush, after which he blocked the former President’s phone number and e-mail address.

In an official statement, George W. Bush said that he “understands and supports” his former brother’s decision. “If I were him, I would no longer be related to me either,” he said.

For more information, read it again. || When science is outlawed, only outlaws will have science.

(Fogbow on PayPal)

Orlylicious
Location: @orly_licious With Pete Buttigieg and the other "open and defiant homosexuals" --Bryan Fischer AFA
Occupation: #StuggersForBiden "Do Nothing Democrat Savage" -- Donald, 9/28/19 and "Scalawag...Part of an extreme, malicious leftist internet social mob working in concert with weaponized, socialized governments to target and injure political opponents.” -- Walt Fitzpatrick

John E. Bush 2016

Post by Orlylicious »

Seriously.

Jeb Bush skirts talk of White House run with Mitt Romney

Chris Woodyard, USA TODAY 6:51 a.m. EST January 24, 2015

SAN FRANCISCO -- Jeb Bush said Friday that his visit to Salt Lake City to meet with Mitt Romney was a nice chance to talk a little about politics, a lot about foreign policy and even exchange a few words about the New England Patriots -- but both men ducked talking about facing off against each other for the Republican presidential nomination. "The awkward side...of running, we put aside," Bush told the National Automobile Dealers Association meeting here.

Bush, brother of former President George W. Bush, has formed a political action committee and told about 4,000 car dealers, typically one of the nation's better sources of campaign donations, that "I'm seriously considering the possibility of running." Bush showed no hesitation to hold up a "Bush 2016" bumper sticker when it was handed to him by Forrest McConnell, the Montgomery, Ala., car dealer who is chairman of the association.

Under questioning by McConnell, Bush says that next GOP nominee needs to run on a message of "hope," a theme familiar to Democrats from both the Barack Obama campaign of 2008 and Bill Clinton run from 1992. "The potential of the country to be great," Bush said.

Hewing to the Republican center, Bush cautioned any nominee against being viewed as reactionary. He said "a positive agenda wins out over anger and reaction," even though dissatisfaction with current administration's policies makes for "a lot of reason to be angry or grumpy or negative."

Asked what people might find surprising about him, Bush declared himself to be an introvert. "I'd rather read a book than go out and get in a conga line." :shock:

http://www.usatoday.com/story/news/nati ... /22249297/
The titular Mama June enjoys a Corn Dog on 4th of July! Don't miss The Fogbow's Favourite TV Show™ starring the titular Mama June Shannon -- "Mama June: Family Crisis!" TVShowsAce featured Fogbow's love 5/26/20: https://bit.ly/2TNxrbS

mimi

John E. Bush 2016

Post by mimi »

I read this the other day. I didn't know how much I didn't know about the whole Terri Schiavo issue. It's long, but interesting.

politico

Jeb ‘Put Me

Through Hell’

Michael Schiavo knows as well as anyone what Jeb Bush can do with executive power. He thinks you ought to know too.

By MICHAEL KRUSE

January 29, 2015

http://www.politico.com/magazine/story/ ... 14730.html

Orlylicious

John E. Bush 2016

Post by Orlylicious »

Amazing story Mimi. These Bush people are getting it all out early...

Boston Globe:

Jeb Bush shaped by troubled Phillips Academy yearsPossible presidential candidate had tumultuous four years at Andover school“He was just in a bit of a different world,” said Phil Sylvester, who said he was a Bush roommate. While other students “were constantly arguing about politics and particularly Vietnam, he just wasn’t interested, he didn’t participate, he didn’t care.”Meanwhile, his grades were so poor that he was in danger of being expelled, which would have been a huge embarrassment to his father, a member of Congress and of the school’s board of trustees.

Jeb Bush, in an interview for this story, recalled it as one of the most difficult times of his life, while acknowledging that he made it harder by initially breaking a series of rules.

“I drank alcohol and I smoked marijuana when I was at Andover,” Bush said, both of which could have led to expulsion. “It was pretty common.” He said he had no recollection of bullying and said he was surprised to be perceived that way by some.

http://www.bostonglobe.com/news/politic ... story.html

George Bush Presidential Library and Museum)

A campaign photo of the Bush family in 1966. (From left, Dorothy, George, Jeb, Marvin, George W., Neil, and Barbara)

June 1, 1986 Miami Herald profile http://miamiherald.typepad.com/nakedpol ... ofile.html

Dolly

John E. Bush 2016

Post by Dolly »

Jeb Bush dumps emails including social security numbers of Florida residents online

Florida man strikes again

Jeb Bush, a rumored 2016 Republican presidential candidate, just decided to publish hundreds of thousands of emails sent to him during his time as governor of Florida. On its face it seems like a great idea in the name of transparency, but there's one huge problem: neither Bush nor those who facilitated the publication of the records, including the state government, decided to redact potentially sensitive personal information from them.

"In the spirit of transparency, I am posting the emails of my governorship here," a note on Bush's website says. "Some are funny; some are serious; some I wrote in frustration." Some also contain the email addresses, home addresses, phone numbers, and social security numbers of Florida residents. The emails are available in Outlook format, and can be searched on the web at Bush's website.

The Verge did not receive a response from Mr. Bush or his Political Action Committee's office at the time of publication. <SNIP>

http://www.theverge.com/2015/2/10/80135 ... mp-privacy
Avatar by Tal Peleg Art of Makeup https://www.facebook.com/TalPelegMakeUp

gupwalla

John E. Bush 2016

Post by gupwalla »

Some things are not meant to be transparent - for example, my shower curtain or my social security number.
In a wilderness of mirrors, what will the spider do beyond the circuit of the shuddering Bear in fractured atoms? -TS Eliot (somewhat modified)

All warfare is based on deception. - Sun Tzu

TexasFilly

John E. Bush 2016

Post by TexasFilly »

Some things are not meant to be transparent - for example, my shower curtain or my social security number.

Keep it away from T88. She publishes SSNs with impunity and nothing ever happens to her. Bet Jeb gets away with it too.

Roboe

John E. Bush 2016

Post by Roboe »

Would be interesting to see just how deeply he tried to involve himself in the Terry Schiavo case. I know the record in that case is damning enough as it is, but I wouldn't be surprised if there was a bombshell lying in witing - especially if they were dumb enough to at least vet the emails they released.

ZekeB

John E. Bush 2016

Post by ZekeB »

In this mornings Oregonian they are comparing Kitzhaber's girlfriend with Jeb as far as influence peddling is concerned. Jeb use to earn a few bucks by promising the special interests to put his daddy in touch with them.
Trump: Er hat eine größere Ente als ich.

Putin: Du bist kleiner als ich.

Dr. Kenneth Noisewater

John E. Bush 2016

Post by Dr. Kenneth Noisewater »

I read this the other day. I didn't know how much I didn't know about the whole Terri Schiavo issue. It's long, but interesting.

politico

Jeb ‘Put Me

Through Hell’

Michael Schiavo knows as well as anyone what Jeb Bush can do with executive power. He thinks you ought to know too.

By MICHAEL KRUSE

January 29, 2015

http://www.politico.com/magazine/story/ ... 14730.html

I'm a little late to this one. It was the whole Schiavo affair that made me interested in politics. Having gone through a similar situation as a family with a loved one and having to make the choice to end life support I was deeply offended by how Jeb Bush and the republicans butted their way into this matter.

Orlylicious

John E. Bush 2016

Post by Orlylicious »

Better put the red tag on this topic, it's happening :lol: POLITICO:

Inside Jeb Bush's ‘shock and awe’ launch

While Bush avoided the spotlight last year, aides were making a plan.

By Ben White and Marc Caputo

2/18/15 5:36 AM EST

[After Jeb's Thanksgiving announcement]

At that moment, Bush’s team hit the phones and emails with what some have called a “shock and awe” campaign that could raise between $50 million and $100 million by the end of the first quarter of the year. “All that matters in this first quarter is fundraising,” said Reed. “Nobody else has done what he has done.”

Indeed, by the end of the quarter, Bush’s team believes, many would-be competitors will have joined Romney on the sidelines, unwilling or unable to compete with the Bush juggernaut, while the candidate can be freed up to address the many serious questions about why another Bush is the best solution to the nation’s problems.

The confidence with which Bush is pursuing his strategy was evident last Wednesday in the Picasso-adorned Park Avenue home of private-equity titan Henry Kravis. It was Bush’s 62nd birthday, and he celebrated in Kravis’s 26-room penthouse with more than 40 of the richest people in New York. Among them were Bush’s cousin, George Walker IV, the chief executive of the investment management firm of Neuberger Berman and real estate mogul Jerry Speyer, along with Ken Mehlman and Alex Navab of Kravis’s firm of KKR. The admission price: a minimum of $100,000, also the going rate for other Bush fundraisers.

As it turns out, Kravis’ $4 million haul has led to a donor arms race with Coral Gables billionaire Miguel “Mike” Fernandez, who said in an email obtained by POLITICO that he intends to raise $5 million at a fundraiser next week at his waterfront mansion. About $1 million of that haul would come from Fernandez himself.

All this money flows to Bush’s “Right to Rise” PAC and a separate super PAC that can take money in unlimited sums. The way that Bush set up the two committees – at the same time and with the same attorney, former Romney super PAC lawyer Charlie Spies – is “unique,” said elections law lawyer Kenneth Gross, former Federal Election Commission attorney. Because Bush is not an announced candidate or a federal office holder, he is far freer than others to work with the super PAC to collect unlimited contributions. Once Bush announces his candidacy, he will be restricted from working directly with the super PAC. But, by then, the committee will have been thoroughly infused with Bush’s campaign DNA and operate almost automatically in accordance with his campaign vision.

http://www.politico.com/story/2015/02/i ... ml?hp=t1_r

Dr. Kenneth Noisewater

John E. Bush 2016

Post by Dr. Kenneth Noisewater »

[alert]Merged the two 2016 Presidential Election Jeb Bush threads.[/alert]

Foggy

John E. Bush 2016

Post by Foggy »

Good lord, it's going to be Clinton v. Bush, isn't it?

Bush -> Clinton -> Bush -> Obama -> Clinton (or Bush)

Our great-great-grandchildren are going to wonder what the hell was wrong with us, when they grow up. :crazy:

(Fogbow on PayPal)

kate520

John E. Bush 2016

Post by kate520 »

Mebbe it should be spelled "experimental psychotics"?

Experimental psychedelics.
DEFEND DEMOCRACY

SueDB

John E. Bush 2016

Post by SueDB »

It's a loooong time before the election for both parties - principally the GOP.
“If You're Not In The Obit, Eat Breakfast”

Remember, Orly NEVAH disappoints!

Return to “Presidential Election”