John E. Bush 2016

PatGund

John E. Bush 2016

Post by PatGund »

[link]Jeb Bush: I won't rule out 2016 White House run 'but I won't declare today',http://todaynews.today.com/_news/2013/0 ... today?lite[/link] (NBC Today, 4 March 2013)"Former Florida Gov. Jeb Bush won’t confirm he’s a candidate for the next presidential race, but he sounded like a White House hopeful Monday, declaring his party in need of leadership.“I have a voice, I want to share my beliefs about how the conservative movement and the Republican party can regain its footing, because we’ve lost our way,” he told TODAY’s Matt Lauer.Bush said he wouldn’t rule out a run in 2016, “but I won’t declare today either.”Instead, he offered his views on the current fiscal problems facing the White House and Congress, including the deep budget cuts that will be rolled out in numerous federal agencies in upcoming weeks."The storyline for a while was that GHW Bush wanted John Ellis to run rather than GW Bush, because Johnny was the "smart one". That being said, does the US REALLY need Yet Another Bush in the White House?? We're still recovering from the last one.

Norbrook

John E. Bush 2016

Post by Norbrook »

Oh, no question he's running. Just look at the sudden switch(s) on immigration. Why, he's already following the Romney technique of "What did you want me to say? OK, I'll say it." Yes, he'll hold firm to his principles for at least ... two, maybe three seconds. :roll:

esseff44

John E. Bush 2016

Post by esseff44 »

I thought part of Jeb's appeal as far as the GOP was concerned was that he had some draw from the Hispanic voters. It seems to me that he just cancelled that out with his 'no path to citizenship' stance. That's not going pull anybody in that's not already in and it might drive more away. Egad!

SueDB

John E. Bush 2016

Post by SueDB »

I thought part of Jeb's appeal as far as the GOP was concerned was that he had some draw from the Hispanic voters. It seems to me that he just cancelled that out with his 'no path to citizenship' stance. That's not going pull anybody in that's not already in and it might drive more away. Egad!Nothing like pushing millions of voters right into the Democrat Column. Thanks Jeb! And your daddy said you were the "smart one". =)) =)) =)) =)) =)) =)) =)) =)) =)) =)) =)) =)) =))
“If You're Not In The Obit, Eat Breakfast”

Remember, Orly NEVAH disappoints!

Sterngard Friegen

John E. Bush 2016

Post by Sterngard Friegen »

Jeb is off to a fine start, prostituting (prostrating?) himself by guessing wrong about the immigration winds in his new book and looking foolish and flip floppy in the process.

And was was supposed to be the smart Bush brother.

If he gets the nomination it will only be after he has sold himself out to the Tea Baggers, after which he will be damaged goods for the general election.

I can't wait.

MaineSkeptic

John E. Bush 2016

Post by MaineSkeptic »

I thought part of Jeb's appeal as far as the GOP was concerned was that he had some draw from the Hispanic voters. It seems to me that he just cancelled that out with his 'no path to citizenship' stance. That's not going pull anybody in that's not already in and it might drive more away. Egad!Here's my guess:He doesn't want to be seen as the Republican who's to the left of his primary opponents on every issue, even though he probably is. So he believes he has made a strategic choice by taking a hit on immigration, just so there's one issue he can point to where he's on the right of someone.

Suranis

John E. Bush 2016

Post by Suranis »

By the way, no-one call him "Jeb Bush." Apparently he loves it when people do that as it means they stupid in his eyes. Jeb stands for "John Edward Bush" his full name. So call him Jeb or Bush III or something.The biggest problem he will have is his brother and his father. His father is not well liked in modern GOP circles because he is actually a fiscal conservative who dared cut military spending and raise taxes to fix the deficit, and his brother OFFICIALLY NEVER EXISTED AND WAS NOT THE WORST PRESIDENT IN US HISTORY!!!
Learn to Swear in Latin. Profanity with class!
https://blogs.transparent.com/latin/lat ... -in-latin/

Orlylicious
Location: With Pete Buttigieg and the other "open and defiant homosexuals" --Bryan Fischer AFA
Occupation: "Do Nothing Democrat Savage" -- Donald, 9/28/19 and "Scalawag...Part of an extreme, malicious leftist internet social mob working in concert with weaponized, socialized governments to target and injure political opponents.” -- Walt Fitzpatrick

John E. Bush 2016

Post by Orlylicious »

It's... Jeb! Like... Lamar! And... Loser!
Hey! Don't miss The Fogbow's Favorite TV Show™ starring the titular Mama June Shannon -- "Mama June: From Not To Hot!"

Joseph Robidoux III

John E. Bush 2016

Post by Joseph Robidoux III »

The [/break1]com/video/senate/286311-reid-jeb-bush-qmade-a-fool-of-himselfq-on-immigration-reform]link has a short video of Sen Reid offering these comments.Senate Majority Leader Harry Reid (D-Nev.) blasted former Florida Gov. Jeb Bush (R) on Tuesday for making “a fool of himself” by zigzagging on immigration reform in the past 24 hours.Reid said Rubio has more of a leadership role than Bush on the issue. Rubio and Bush are both considered strong possible contenders for the 2016 Republican presidential nomination.“Frankly, on this issue I don’t think Jeb Bush is a Florida leader, Marco Rubio is,” Reid said. “Bush has been elected to nothing lately.”

Suranis

John E. Bush 2016

Post by Suranis »

"REID PROVES THAT THE DEMOCRATS ARE AFRAID OF JEB!!!" \ :D /

realist

John E. Bush 2016

Post by realist »

IMO Jeb is Carl Rove's "boy". That should take care of that.
ImageX 4 ImageX36

PatGund

John E. Bush 2016

Post by PatGund »

By the way, no-one call him "Jeb Bush." Apparently he loves it when people do that as it means they stupid in his eyes. Jeb stands for "John Edward Bush" his full name. So call him Jeb or Bush III or something.The biggest problem he will have is his brother and his father. His father is not well liked in modern GOP circles because he is actually a fiscal conservative who dared cut military spending and raise taxes to fix the deficit, and his brother OFFICIALLY NEVER EXISTED AND WAS NOT THE WORST PRESIDENT IN US HISTORY!!!Actually "John Ellis Bush" :)

Suranis

John E. Bush 2016

Post by Suranis »

Dammit just when I felt all knowledgeable and stuff :oops:

Piffle

John E. Bush 2016

Post by Piffle »

If he gets the nomination it will only be after he has sold himself out to the Tea Baggers, after which he will be damaged goods for the general election.Yabbut, face it, that's true of anyone capable of surviving the trial by ordeal they call the Republican Primary.

But wait! Jeb has a secret strategy: He can be severely conservative in English while he's compassionately conservative in Spanish. No one will notice. ;) [-(

PatGund

John E. Bush 2016

Post by PatGund »

I'm going to assume he slept though his brother's administration.[link]Jeb Bush: No 'Bush baggage',http://www.politico.com/blogs/politico- ... 58923.html[/link] (Politico, 10 March 2013)"Former Florida Gov. Jeb Bush says a possible 2016 run for president would not be affected by his brother's lingering unpopularity."I don't think there's any Bush baggage at all," Bush said on "Fox News Sunday" when confronted with a poll that showed almost a full majority of Americans have an unfavorable impression of former President George W. Bush."I love my brother, I'm proud of his accomplishments. I love my dad. I am proud to be a Bush," Bush told host Chris Wallace."If i run for president, it's not because of something in my DNA that compels me to do it. It would be that it's the right thing to do for my family, that the conditions are right, and that I have something to offer," Bush said. "If I don't run, I have a blessed life."

Suranis

John E. Bush 2016

Post by Suranis »

Costing his state 100s of millions of dollars to have blood tests for welfare recipients to save a total of 30000 would help with the blessed life (if its his wife's company that's selling the kits for the tests. Oh yeah)

TexasFilly

John E. Bush 2016

Post by TexasFilly »

But wait! There's more!George P. Bush running for Texas land commissionerBy WILL WEISSERTThe Associated PressAUSTIN, Texas — George Prescott Bush filed the official paperwork Tuesday to run for Texas land commissioner next year, hoping to use a little-known but powerful post to continue his family's political dynasty in one of the country's most-conservative states.A Spanish-speaking attorney and consultant based in Fort Worth, Bush is considered a rising star among conservative Hispanics, and his political pedigree is hard to match. He is the grandson of former President George H.W. Bush, the nephew of former President George W. Bush and the son of Florida Gov. Jeb Bush — himself often mentioned as a 2016 presidential hopeful.Bush unveiled a new campaign website with a "George P. Bush for Land Commissioner" logo and featuring a three-minute video in which he says, "Texas is an exceptional state because we as Texans are exceptional." :roll: In the video, Bush describes spending recent months traveling the state and having hundreds of conversations with Texans — but says he kept returning to the advice of his grandmother, former first lady Barbara Bush, whom he calls "Ganny." Bush says she taught him the importance of public service :sick: .[/break1]statesman.com/ap/ap/top-news/apnewsbreak-george-p-bush-runs-for-texas-office/nWp7g/]http://www.statesman.com/ap/ap/top-news ... ice/nWp7g/Much more at the link, including that he filed months ago but then had to decide which office to run for. Sadly, he will probably get elected.
I love the poorly educated!!!

Kevin McCarthy: Paul Ryan playing with a head injury -- Jon Lovett

Dolly

John E. Bush 2016

Post by Dolly »

ABBC3_OFFTOPIC
:oops: Sorry, I didn't see TexasFilly's post. EDITED to remove duplicate text - and just show new link. George Prescott Bush more at [/break1]go.com/Politics/wireStory/apnewsbreak-george-bush-runs-texas-office-18712757]http://abcnews.go.com/Politics/wireStor ... e-18712757
Avatar by Tal Peleg Art of Makeup https://www.facebook.com/TalPelegMakeUp

Sterngard Friegen

John E. Bush 2016

Post by Sterngard Friegen »

J.E. Bush?Jeebus!

ProudObot

John E. Bush 2016

Post by ProudObot »

Costing his state 100s of millions of dollars to have blood tests for welfare recipients to save a total of 30000 would help with the blessed life (if its his wife's company that's selling the kits for the tests. Oh yeah)That's actually Rick Scott's brainstorm, not Jeb's. Still a horrible policy though. :x

PatGund

John E. Bush 2016

Post by PatGund »

(Crossposted in the Palin topic)[link]Bush/Palin 2016 called 'the GOP's only chance',http://www.washingtontimes.com/blog/wat ... ly-chance/[/link] (Washington Times, 28 June 2013)(Original American Thinker article [link]here,http://www.americanthinker.com/2013/06/ ... hance.html[/link])“A Jeb Bush/president - Sarah Palin/vice-president ticket covers all the Electoral College, Evangelical, pro-life, centrist-conservative, experienced governorships, male/female bases,” he notes.“Both are strongly vetted and most certainly there is nothing in Palin’s life that has not be diced and sliced, disproved and shown to be a product of leftist hate. Even in liberal circles there has been grudging acceptance that Jeb Bush ran a successful administration in Florida and that he is ‘not George W.’ “Mr. Sheppard continues, “Palin is not the media neophyte she was in 2008, and never again would be the subject of the astonishing MSM/Blogosphere hate and ambush that she was then. A Bush/Palin team would be a candidacy of ideas, from experienced campaigners, which would have to be addressed by the opposition media and Dem’s without the distraction of lurid media ‘scandals’.”He ultimately concludes, “The Palin/Bush pairing would see the rifts in the GOP healed over, a united team with massive resources in finance, manpower and credibility, and a very real path to Electoral College victory - an historic compromise for the restoration of a conservative America. All this is moot of course if the immigration crisis splits the GOP asunder - which might well lead be a Bush versus Palin primary campaign.”

Dr. Kenneth Noisewater

John E. Bush 2016

Post by Dr. Kenneth Noisewater »

I think with Christie seemingly out of the way with the recent scandals Jeb will probably try to step in and fill the void.

Sugar Magnolia

John E. Bush 2016

Post by Sugar Magnolia »

Big shoes to fill.(Hey, somebody had to say it.)

TollandRCR

John E. Bush 2016

Post by TollandRCR »

I have difficult seeing the American electorate as being amenable to another Bush presidency. I have the same problem with another Clinton presidency.
“The truth is, we know so little about life, we don’t really know what the good news is and what the bad news is.” Kurt Vonnegut

realist

John E. Bush 2016

Post by realist »

Does anyone really think JEB is dumb enough to run with Palin? If he is (and I don't think so) that's yet another boost for the Dems. Between that and Cruz...
ImageX 4 ImageX36

Return to “Presidential Election”