Hillary Clinton 2016

ObjectiveDoubter

Hillary Clinton 2016

Post by ObjectiveDoubter »

James Carville: ’90 percent’ of Democrats want Hillary Clinton to run for president[tab=30]http://www.washingtonpost.com/blogs/the ... president/

Count me, for one, IN!
Foggy
Avatar: Silly engineers have been using 3D printers to make Godzilla arms for chickens.

Hillary 2016

Post by Foggy »

There was a time, in 2007 and early 2008, when the RWNJs I know were counting on Hillary to win the nomination, and they thought that was great because whoever the GOP nominee was could win easily against her.Today they're not big fans of her running at all. They're terrified but won't admit it.
I hope y'all are still wearing your seat belts!
hitch

Hillary 2016

Post by hitch »

I like the job she's done as Sec'y of State. But I hope she doesn't get the nomination as I want a true liberal or progressive get the nod. I'm tired of Rockefeller Republicans getting the Democratic presidential nomination. If she gets the nomination she will have my support and vote but only because I can't vote for a Republican until the party changes it very nasty, bigoted, misanthropic ways.
Plutodog

Hillary 2016

Post by Plutodog »

I, too would have some misgivings. Ms. Clinton has done much good to rehabilitate herself after the 2008 election but it's not been erased. Too, I expect some video from the anti-Clinton campaign of 2008 will come back to haunt. I would wish for others, more liberal too, except as opposed to any Repub I can see on the horizon. I wonder if Newt Gingrich's words on Hillary's electability is him begging for the Republicans not to be thrown in that briar patch.
The only good Bundy is an Al Bundy.
A Legal Lohengrin

Hillary 2016

Post by A Legal Lohengrin »

There was a time, in 2007 and early 2008, when the RWNJs I know were counting on Hillary to win the nomination, and they thought that was great because whoever the GOP nominee was could win easily against her.Today they're not big fans of her running at all. They're terrified but won't admit it.Then they thought the same thing about Obama. The Democrats have lost their minds, they thought. They actually nominated a black man named Barack HUSSEIN Obama. Totally unelectable.Until he mopped the floor with their candidates twice. They were just as irrationally exuberant the second time around. After all, the American public could never reelect a black man with a foreign sounding name.This is why birtherism only really took hold after the election. Before the election, the kind of morons who fall for birtherism viewed it as completely impossible he could be elected.
poutine

Hillary 2016

Post by poutine »

I was a registered Republican when Barack Obama declared his candidacy, whenever that was in 2007 or earlier. In following the primary campaigns and doing my own research, I identified most closely with him out of all candidates because I spotted several strong signals that he was not as liberal as many liberals fervently hoped he was, and that he was far more like Bill Clinton than the others. I signed on to his campaign soon thereafter.

Americans like myself decide these elections. We don't particularly care for hard-left liberal candidates, or hard-right conservative candidates. I happen to like Rockefeller Republicans, and Blue Dog Democrats. Moreover, as a now Democrat, I don't particularly care to lose elections either. Obama wouldn't have won if he was a die-hard liberal.

So Hillary not being liberal enough? That's probably a good thing. Jeb Bush has set himself up quite nicely to take the White House in 2016. He will be a formidable opponent, with a credible record of moderation and a damn good argument for winning back the Latino vote. Jeb was one of the only prominent Republicans in America to condemn Arizona's SB1070 when it was passed, as I recall. Many Arizona Latinos I know took note of that. (His wife is also Latina. And I don't mean in the Mitt Romney sense either. Born in Mexico.) Hillary is probably the best hope to try and defeat him.
hitch

Hillary 2016

Post by hitch »

I was a registered Republican when Barack Obama declared his candidacy, whenever that was in 2007 or earlier. In following the primary campaigns and doing my own research, I identified most closely with him out of all candidates because I spotted several strong signals that he was not as liberal as many liberals fervently hoped he was, and that he was far more like Bill Clinton than the others. I signed on to his campaign soon thereafter.

Americans like myself decide these elections. We don't particularly care for hard-left liberal candidates, or hard-right conservative candidates. I happen to like Rockefeller Republicans, and Blue Dog Democrats. Moreover, as a now Democrat, I don't particularly care to lose elections either. Obama wouldn't have won if he was a die-hard liberal.

So Hillary not being liberal enough? That's probably a good thing. Jeb Bush has set himself up quite nicely to take the White House in 2016. He will be a formidable opponent, with a credible record of moderation and a damn good argument for winning back the Latino vote. Jeb was one of the only prominent Republicans in America to condemn Arizona's SB1070 when it was passed, as I recall. Many Arizona Latinos I know took note of that. (His wife is also Latina. And I don't mean in the Mitt Romney sense either. Born in Mexico.) Hillary is probably the best hope to try and defeat him.and this is what makes a horse race. I agree to a certain extent but I think that Obama has shown once again that you can win an election with people that haven't voted recently either due to prior ineligibility, apathy or frustration. IMHO there were a lot of votes left on the table in prior and this election because the Democrats have moved too far right in terms of civil rights/protection, the safety net and other issues. Too many have sat out election prior to 2008 and in 2012 (wrongly I think) because the Democratic candidate was too DINO like. These folks help account for why Obama's numbers were lower than 2008.

I don't think Jeb has a chance winning in 2016. His last name will damn him when it comes to folks actually casting their vote. The reality of

Bush (8 vp) - Bush (4 p) - Clinton (8) - Bush (8 p)- Obama (8) - Bush (4?)will not sell well. That puts a Bush in the P slot for the last 3 Republican presidencies andas vp or p for the last 4. I think Americans like the concept of a dynasty better than the reality.
TexasFilly

Hillary 2016

Post by TexasFilly »

NBCNews.com has a banner that the State Department released info that Hillary fainted and incurred a concussion and is now resting at home. No further details yet.
I love the poorly educated!!!

Kevin McCarthy: Paul Ryan playing with a head injury -- Jon Lovett
TexasFilly

Hillary 2016

Post by TexasFilly »

NBCNews.com has a banner that the State Department released info that Hillary fainted and incurred a concussion and is now resting at home. No further details yet.Predictably, the buffoons at Freep are staying classy: [/break1]freerepublic.com/focus/f-news/2969037/posts]http://www.freerepublic.com/focus/f-news/2969037/posts

TollandRCR

Hillary 2016

Post by TollandRCR »

[Deleted. A 2005 incident.]
“The truth is, we know so little about life, we don’t really know what the good news is and what the bad news is.” Kurt Vonnegut
TexasFilly

Hillary 2016

Post by TexasFilly »

[Deleted. A 2005 incident.]I saw that too on The Google and had to take a double take and check the date. I hope she is OK and that this is as a result of the flu. She hasn't looked well in the last few photos I've seen of her.

Roboe

Hillary 2016

Post by Roboe »

I'm pretty torn on the prospect of Hillary 2016. There's no doubt in my mind she'd wipe the floor with any potential opponent in the Presidential, but on the other hand I'm not sure how the core of the Democratic party (who will have to back her through the primaries) will take to her, especially if there's a young, fresh Liberal (with a capital L) who storms through in the next mid-terms. Not to mention, she definantly deserves some time off after what, 40-odd years in the public eye, most of it with her and her family as the bullseye for the far right.Then again, I would definantly like to see her run, just to watch the collective head of the RWNJ explode with hitherto unseen force. I doubt there is a bigger bogeyman to the far right than Hillary Rodham Clinton.
Sterngard Friegen

Hillary 2016

Post by Sterngard Friegen »

Irwally appreciate the job she's done as Sec'y of State. She is very successful in convincing the people of many countries that terrorist are the real threat not only for USA but for the whole world.No matter she is not nominated but she has done tremendous job Sec'y of StateI'm not sure I understand this post. (Or any of your posts, actually.) Are you spamming or trying to say something? I don't get it.I don't think explaining the terrorist threat was Secretary Clinton's job for the last 4 years. Pretty much everything else but. And what does "No matter she is not nominated but . . ." mean or refer to?
Dolly

Hillary 2016

Post by Dolly »

Clinton says she doesn't see "getting back into politics" Outgoing U.S. Secretary of State Hillary Clinton on Tuesday cast doubt on speculation she might run for the White House in 2016.In an interview taped for National Public Radio, Clinton was asked what questions she needs to answer for herself as she decides whether to run for president."I'm not even posing those questions. I am really looking forward to stepping off the fast track that I've been on. I've been out of politics as Secretary of State. I don't see myself getting back into politics," she said, according to an excerpt of the interview.[/break1]yahoo.com/clinton-says-she-doesnt-see-getting-back-politics-015239548.html]http://news.yahoo.com/clinton-says-she- ... 39548.html
Avatar by Tal Peleg Art of Makeup https://www.facebook.com/TalPelegMakeUp
Sterngard Friegen

Hillary 2016

Supreme Court?Scalia's seat?
ProudObot

Hillary 2016

Post by ProudObot »

Supreme Court?Scalia's seat?WHAT? Ya mean the one that's slated for Dr. Orly Taitz Esq? TWLITHOTU? =)) Also. Too. May I infringe on your sig line and add it to mine? I think they go together quite well. ;;)
SuzieC
Occupation: Attorney since 1977. Litigator for 33 years. For 10 years Admin Law Judge for 4 state agencies. Retired but still available for ass kicking.

Hillary 2016

Post by SuzieC »

Supreme Court?Scalia's seat?WHAT? Ya mean the one that's slated for Dr. Orly Taitz Esq? TWLITHOTU? =)) Also. Too. May I infringe on your sig line and add it to mine? I think they go together quite well. ;;)While I think Hillary would be brilliant on the Supreme Court, Presidents usually like to nominate younger candidates who can influence the Court for a generation.
Somerset

Hillary 2016

Post by Somerset »

Supreme Court?Scalia's seat?I'd like it, but I'm afraid there would be too many parallels drawn to the "non-judge" suggested by the previous administration.
mimi

Hillary 2016

Post by mimi »

Fun post at buzzfeed.

A Photo Of Hillary Clinton In Every Country She's Visited

[/break1]buzzfeed.com/andrewkaczynski/a-photo-of-hillary-clinton-in-every-country-shes]http://www.buzzfeed.com/andrewkaczynski ... untry-shes

Off Topic
When I got to the photo of Hillary in Albania, this old bit from Cheers came to mind.

As it does every time I hear Albania mentioned. Damn you, Coach! :P
TollandRCR

Hillary 2016

Post by TollandRCR »

I also would favor the nomination of a younger justice. I don't think that is age discrimination.I would be happier with her being nominated for President. At the most, that would ask just eight years of her.
“The truth is, we know so little about life, we don’t really know what the good news is and what the bad news is.” Kurt Vonnegut
realist

Hillary 2016

Post by realist »

From [link]WMUR.com,http://www.wmur.com/news/politics/Hilla ... aign=wmur9[/link]

Hillary Clinton stokes 2016 speculation with website

New online presence sparse so far

An attention-grabbing photo of Clinton -- without the glasses she has worn since her recent concussion -- boldly sits atop a new website, HillaryClintonOffice.com, which was registered as she left her post as secretary of state last week.

Only further stirring the speculation: visitors to her old campaign website, HillaryClinton.com, are offered a link to the new website "to reach the Office of Hillary Clinton."

The new online presence is sparse: besides the attention-grabbing photo, there's a form to contact Clinton and the site's privacy policy.

[...]

Clinton's returning to private life with some poll numbers any politician would love. Nearly seven in ten in an NBC News/Wall Street Journal poll conducted last month said they approved of the job she was doing as America's top diplomat. And two-thirds in an ABC News/Washington Post survey also conducted last month said they had a favorable impression of her.
ImageX 4 ImageX36
verbalobe

Hillary 2016

Post by verbalobe »

Fun post at buzzfeed.

[/break1]buzzfeed.com/andrewkaczynski/a-photo-of-hillary-clinton-in-every-country-shes]http://www.buzzfeed.com/andrewkaczynski ... untry-shesThanks for that, Meems!! Awesome fun.

Looks like Kyrgyzstan was a touch-and-go? :lol:

Edit: I would add: what unfailing diplomatic fashion sense! Colors, styles, degree of ostentation vs. modesty, formality vs. casualness, etc., in every case seem almost perfectly calibrated to that country's mores, traditions, view toward women, climate, etc. I'm sure she is well advised, but I'm also sure it is primarily her own sense. Another reflection on how Obama and the country have been very well served during Clinton's tenure.
Whatever4

Hillary 2016

Post by Whatever4 »

Fun post at buzzfeed.

[/break1]buzzfeed.com/andrewkaczynski/a-photo-of-hillary-clinton-in-every-country-shes]http://www.buzzfeed.com/andrewkaczynski ... untry-shes

I got up to #50 -- my lord, how many jackets/blazers does she own?
"[Moderate] doesn't mean you don't have views. It just means your views aren't predictable ideologically one way or the other, and you're trying to follow the facts where they lead and reach your own conclusions."
-- Sen. King (I-ME)
Sterngard Friegen

Hillary 2016

Great photos. And lest we forget, before she became Secretary of State her expertise was domestic policy.Why, it's almost as if the last 4 years have been for the purpose of boosting her resume.Oh, wait.Sekrit Stuffs!
As I have long believed, Mrs. Clinton was the brains of the outfit when it came to her and her husband. And she now has become the statesman of that partnership as well. I very much hope she runs in 2016. I'd like to see her vs. Rand Paul, although it will more likely be Jindal or Rubio as the Republicans desperately try to win disaffected minorities who will see through the tokenism. While Chris Christie would be the most fun to have running against Mrs. Clinton -- and the most formidable opponent -- the Tea Party death wish will once again be strong in the GOP as it strives for national irrelevance.
Highlands

Hillary 2016

Post by Highlands »

:xo :xo Hillary :xo :xo
If you took out all of the blood vessels in your body and lined them up, you would be dead. #science

Return to “Presidential Election”