Donald Trump 2016

RTH10260

Re: Donald Trump 2016

Post by RTH10260 » Fri Jan 27, 2017 5:15 pm

RVInit wrote:Another stellar human being from the fringes joins the Trump administration

Former Executive Director of FAIR joins Trump Administration
Does this mean that future Border Patrol agents will be recruited straight from Trump rallies :?:

RTH10260

Post by RTH10260 » Fri Jan 27, 2017 6:14 pm

Donald Trump Gets a Makeover

[bbvideo=560,315][/bbvideo]

TexasFilly

Post by TexasFilly » Fri Jan 27, 2017 11:15 pm

Silly GQ. VIC has no hair on the top of his head.
I love the poorly educated!!!

I believe Anita Hill! I believe Dr. Ford!

Sunrise

Post by Sunrise » Fri Jan 27, 2017 11:19 pm

TexasFilly wrote:Silly GQ. VIC has no hair on the top of his head.
I've seen VIC a couple of times before here. Am I correct in assuming it means Vulgarian in Chief?
"I am no longer accepting the things I cannot change. I am changing the things I cannot accept."
Angela Davis

Sam the Centipede

Post by Sam the Centipede » Sat Jan 28, 2017 1:56 am

Sunrise wrote:
TexasFilly wrote:Silly GQ. VIC has no hair on the top of his head.
I've seen VIC a couple of times before here. Am I correct in assuming it means Vulgarian in Chief?
I believe so, and SFV is Short-Fingered Vulgarian. However, the designation Orange Shitgibbon is not usually abbreviated in this way (Shitgibbon is an acceptable contraction when it cannot be confused with any other shitgibbon).

/FogbowStyleGuide

GreatGrey

Post by GreatGrey » Sat Jan 28, 2017 2:32 am

I am not "someone upthread".
Trump needs to be smashed into some kind of inedible orange pâté.

RTH10260

Post by RTH10260 » Sat Jan 28, 2017 8:47 am

also liked this one (26 Jan 2017):

RTH10260

Post by RTH10260 » Sun Jan 29, 2017 11:01 am

(Hongkong)

RTH10260

Post by RTH10260 » Sun Jan 29, 2017 11:19 am

Chilidog

Post by Chilidog » Sun Jan 29, 2017 11:23 am

The British tabloids are saying that the hand holding incident with PM May was a result of Trump's fear of stairs.
So it wasn’t necessarily an affectionate holding of hands after all.

It has emerged that Theresa May was only photographed hand in hand with Donald Trump - because, bizarre as it sounds, the president may have a fear of slopes and needed a soothing arm to negotiate a downhill stretch of path.

The image of the pair holding hands was beamed around the world, to the delight of supporters of the new President but to the consternation of those - many of them in the UK - far less keen on Mr Trump.
http://www.telegraph.co.uk/news/2017/01 ... hands-not/

maybe is because Donald has never really mastered the art of walking in high heals.

RTH10260

Post by RTH10260 » Sun Jan 29, 2017 1:55 pm

Elected on Nov. 08, 2016, and still tweeting about the newspapers that critisize him.

Thin skinned or just missing the real presidential gene?
Donald J. Trump ‏@realDonaldTrump Jan 28
More
Thr coverage about me in the @nytimes and the @washingtonpost gas been so false and angry that the times actually apologized to its.....
20,566 replies 12,103 retweets 66,086 likes
Reply 21K Retweet 12K
Like 66K

MsDaisy

Post by MsDaisy » Sun Jan 29, 2017 2:21 pm

RTH10260 wrote:Elected on Nov. 08, 2016, and still tweeting about the newspapers that critisize him.

Thin skinned or just missing the real presidential gene?
Donald J. Trump ‏@realDonaldTrump Jan 28
More
Thr coverage about me in the @nytimes and the @washingtonpost gas been so false and angry that the times actually apologized to its.....
20,566 replies 12,103 retweets 66,086 likes
Reply 21K Retweet 12K
Like 66K
He was prolly pissed about this article. I certainly enjoyed it. :mrgreen:

Can Donald Trump Handle the Truth?
For a man who cares about nothing as much as his own glory, President Trump’s obsession with the size of his inaugural crowd isn’t surprising. After all, from where he stood on the steps of the Capitol on that drizzly Friday, it must have seemed unimaginably vast.

“I looked over that sea of people, and I said to myself: ‘Wow,’ ” Mr. Trump told ABC News on Wednesday, in his first major television interview since taking office.

The crowd on the National Mall, estimated at about 160,000, was surely far bigger than any he had faced before. But it wasn’t, of course, the biggest in history, as Mr. Trump, along with his press secretary, Sean Spicer, continues to falsely claim — not by a long shot.

Debating crowd sizes may seem inconsequential and petty, and it is. But Mr. Trump was the one who had been unable to let go of the issue during his first week in office: On Thursday, The Washington Post reported that on the morning after he was sworn in, the president himself pressured the director of the National Park Service to locate more photos of the crowd in hopes of disproving news media accounts of its size. With behavior like this, Mr. Trump has reminded the nation of an essential truth about his personality: He sees what he wants to see, and nothing else.
Lots more
http://www.nytimes.com/2017/01/28/opini ... eft-region
Birfers are toast

Flatpointhigh
Occupation: Voice Actor, Podcaster, I hold a Ph.D in Procrastination.

Post by Flatpointhigh » Sun Jan 29, 2017 6:32 pm

My Name is...
Daffy Duck.. woo hoo!
Cancer broke me

Dolly

Post by Dolly » Mon Jan 30, 2017 10:45 pm

Chilidog wrote:The British tabloids are saying that the hand holding incident with PM May was a result of Trump's fear of stairs.
So it wasn’t necessarily an affectionate holding of hands after all.

It has emerged that Theresa May was only photographed hand in hand with Donald Trump - because, bizarre as it sounds, the president may have a fear of slopes and needed a soothing arm to negotiate a downhill stretch of path.
Reminds me of the photo of Trump playing golf somewhere. He was having trouble walking/climbing up a slope.

Found it: http://www.thefogbow.com/forum/viewtopi ... lf#p818154

ETA: there were also photos during the campaign when Trump had to leave the limo and trek to the building. I don't remember if it looked like he had trouble then.
Avatar by Tal Peleg Art of Makeup https://www.facebook.com/TalPelegMakeUp

Skip Intro

Post by Skip Intro » Mon Jan 30, 2017 10:47 pm

I think he was looking illegals hiding in the grass.
In the Trump era anything is true if enough people believe it.

maydijo

Post by maydijo » Mon Jan 30, 2017 10:58 pm

Skip Intro wrote:I think he was looking illegals hiding in the grass.
I was going to quip, Or maybe he was trying to smoke the grass, but then I realised that wouldn't make sense because that would mellow him out. And then I thought - Remember the good old days, when the biggest Constitutional crisis was, Had the president inhaled 20 years before he was elected?

foilwatcher

Post by foilwatcher » Tue Jan 31, 2017 12:11 am

This had my jaw dropping.

From Heather Richardson, professor of History at Boston College:

"I don't like to talk about politics on Facebook-- political history is my job, after all, and you are my friends-- but there is an important non-partisan point to make today.What Bannon is doing, most dramatically with last night's ban on immigration from seven predominantly Muslim countries-- is creating what is known as a "shock event." Such an event is unexpected and confusing and throws a society into chaos. People scramble to react to the event, usually along some fault line that those responsible for the event can widen by claiming that they alone know how to restore order.
When opponents speak out, the authors of the shock event call them enemies. As society reels and tempers run high, those responsible for the shock event perform a sleight of hand to achieve their real goal, a goal they know to be hugely unpopular, but from which everyone has been distracted as they fight over the initial event. There is no longer concerted opposition to the real goal; opposition divides along the partisan lines established by the shock event.
Last night's Executive Order has all the hallmarks of a shock event. It was not reviewed by any governmental agencies or lawyers before it was released, and counterterrorism experts insist they did not ask for it. People charged with enforcing it got no instructions about how to do so. Courts immediately have declared parts of it unconstitutional, but border police in some airports are refusing to stop enforcing it.
Predictably, chaos has followed and tempers are hot. My point today is this: unless you are the person setting it up, it is in no one's interest to play the shock event game. It is designed explicitly to divide people who might otherwise come together so they cannot stand against something its authors think they won't like.
I don't know what Bannon is up to-- although I have some guesses-- but because I know Bannon's ideas well, I am positive that there is not a single person whom I consider a friend on either side of the aisle-- and my friends range pretty widely-- who will benefit from whatever it is.
If the shock event strategy works, though, many of you will blame each other, rather than Bannon, for the fallout. And the country will have been tricked into accepting their real goal.
But because shock events destabilize a society, they can also be used positively. We do not have to respond along old fault lines. We could just as easily reorganize into a different pattern that threatens the people who sparked the event. A successful shock event depends on speed and chaos because it requires knee-jerk reactions so that people divide along established lines. This, for example, is how Confederate leaders railroaded the initial southern states out of the Union. If people realize they are being played, though, they can reach across old lines and reorganize to challenge the leaders who are pulling the strings. This was Lincoln's strategy when he joined together Whigs, Democrats, Free-Soilers, anti-Nebraska voters, and nativists into the new Republican Party to stand against the Slave Power.
Five years before, such a coalition would have been unimaginable. Members of those groups agreed on very little other than that they wanted all Americans to have equal economic opportunity. Once they began to work together to promote a fair economic system, though, they found much common ground. They ended up rededicating the nation to a "government of the people, by the people, and for the people."
Confederate leaders and Lincoln both knew about the political potential of a shock event. As we are in the midst of one, it seems worth noting that Lincoln seemed to have the better idea about how to use it.
"Well la de freakin' da!" ~~ Matt Foley

Dolly

Post by Dolly » Tue Jan 31, 2017 12:14 am

FWIW - not sure here to put this.
Jody Taylor
Now, let THAT soak in for a minute.
#MommyIssues

Comments (I was not able to ARCHIVE very many so I copy/pasted here)
- includes links to other articles about Trump's mother Sekrit Stuffs!
Tommy Morrow Did she ever become a u.s. citizens legally? Did she commit any illegal or violent crimes ? Did she legally Marry a U.S. citizen.
I didn't look up the information so was asking , but I can

Jeff Sharp Naturalized in 1942

Jeff Sharp Her first child was born in 1938

Roland Bayse Crime? She gave birth to Donald Trump didn't she?

Jody Taylor Jeff Sharp yes but she entered in 1929

Jerry Reed From 1929-1942 she was an illegal...

Tommy Morrow She was here 12 yrs illegally ( she married 6 yrs to a legal citizen 6 yrs after ) 6 years into her Marriage she became a full time us Citizen

Jody Taylor Tommy, she came here in 1929 to become a "domestic" which was 6 years after it was supposedly illegal to do so without first getting a work visa. That is why it was listed then as illegal. Then she very wisely married Fred Trump, who by the way, his parents did the same thing from Germany. Now, as for laws broken. C'mon....a white wealthy debutant ? Even if she did we would never know, but to my knowledge for the info I currently have- no she did not. Just as millions of others who came to America and have proven to be successful. The point being, is to just call out a race or say all immigrants are bad is a liiiiiittttle ballsy for a guy who wouldn't even be here if his own mother didn't do it first.

Amigo Kandu http://fusion.net/story/305825/mary-ann ... -scotland/
5/25/16
These Ellis Island documents reveal a surprising truth about Donald Trump’s immigrant mother
Here’s what Donald Trump has to say about low-wage immigrants on his website: “The influx of foreign workers holds down salaries, keeps unemployment high… We need to control the admission of new low-earning workers.”

What Trump doesn’t say, however, is that his own mother would once have fit into that category. When Mary Anne Macleod, who later gave birth to The Donald, first emigrated to the U.S. from Scotland at age 18, she came with only $50 in her possession and a job as a domestic servant.

The new details about Macleod’s journey to the U.S. were brought to light by the Scottish newspaper The National this weekend, and are confirmed by public records from Ellis Island. They suggest that the story Trump has told about his mother in the past—that she came over to the U.S. on vacation and fell in love with Fred Trump, Donald’s real-estate magnate father—isn’t quite true. <SNIP>
Amigo Kandu She was processed at Ellis Island stating she wanted permanent residence, and would work as a domestic. In 1942 she Naturalized in federal district court in New York. U.S. citizen. Facts. Who cares?

Pam Paget Let's just open the borders and let anyone and everyone one in? I'm so sick of this shit. Fuck it, let's go down in flames! Merica!
Tommy Morrow She came here it 1929 married in 1936 and became a us citizen 1941 became a official U.S. Citizen

Jody Taylor Tommy but she still came here an immigrant. No matter how you candy coat it brotha...bottom line she came here an immigrate and if Kanye had anything to say, he would have been sing'n GoldDigger in the background. Lol

Tommy Morrow You may have a point , but she still lagalized herself. We have people here that been here for 30 yrs that have never attempted to legal themselves.. We can not go into Mexico or Canada without a passport , go on a cruise , travel to Europe etc.. And if we get caught doing something illegal in Mexico (oh my ) or in another country we never get out.... We provide more for illegal immigrants then we do our own poor.. We need to find a happy and fair resolution..
Kelly Mag She was a immigrant- and became a naturalized citizen in 1942. Immigration documents reveal she intended to emigrate - paperwork was filed, not seeing much about her being illegal, just an immigrant.
Melissa Anne Angelina Fuda-Hedwall Unfortunately, not true. She came through Ellis Island just like my own family. Please be sure to verify the things you post before doing so to not contribute to the seas of misinformation out there.
http://fusion.net/story/305825/mary-ann ... -scotland/
<same link as above but the Facebook text says:
Revealed: Donald Trump's Mother Was The Kind Of Immigrant He Hates>

Jody Taylor It was fact checked and she came in as a domestic in 1929, six years AFTER it was made illegal to do so. She then very wisely married in. She married Fred Trump, whose own parents did the same thing (via Germany). The bottom line is she entered the US as an immigrant with no money, no job, seeking a better life. The same as who he is attempting to shut down. #Irony

Jan Marchie Butler But she did it legally....there's a difference..she didn't sneak over the border. ..she declared herself at Ellis Island. She had family to stay with and she became a naturalized citizen.

Jody Taylor Jan Marchie Butler Can you send me documents/ verified info that support she came to stay with her personal relatives and who they were? Thanks

Jan Marchie Butler Look it up...I'm not your lackey...it stated she was staying with her brother. Believe what you want. I didn't vote for Trump I'm just tired of all this bullshit..Melissa Anne Angelina Fuda whatever provided you a link with the Ellis Island information. She came through Ellis Island LEGALLY

Jan Marchie Butler She didn't sneak across the border...she declared herself at Ellis Island.Thats the difference
Lester Metta I have seen this meme many times today. His mother did not illegally immigrate. The rules were different in 1930. She came here with the intention to become a citizen. But according to what Trump has said about immigration, Trump would not want someone like her to have the ability to immigrate to the US today. But then again, he frequently changes his position on issues. http://fusion.net/story/305825/mary-ann ... -scotland/
<same link as above but the Facebook text says:
Revealed: Donald Trump's Mother Was The Kind Of Immigrant He Hates>

Jody Taylor In all of the research done before posted, she came in 1929 and that was six years after it was supposedly made "illegal" to come to the US without first having employment or being married to a U.S. Citizen, she had neither. She came to america broke "seeking" employment as a domestic. Some have questioned the illegal status (years before my post) since it was only illegal a short time because she found employment as a domestic and married Fred Trump shortly after. Now, personally I see nothing wrong with what she did, but Trump cannot question an entire race / religion when his own mother did what many of them are doing...seeking a better life. I think we forget many of those immigrants have went on to do great things for our country. As for your question on how long someone breaks the law to be considered doing something illegal...well like I always say...You can't get a little bit pregnant.

Steven Price Jody Taylor what i think should be illegal is asking the same question that's been answered several times previously. some people just cant help wanting to appear clever -- but that often only works if one's the first. and i guess reading the thread is too much WORK for some people! Thanks for your persistence and good humor.
Rocky Sanders She was an immigrant, but not an illegal immigrant. She had to go through Ellis Island. On May 2, 1930, MacLeod departed Glasgow, Scotland, aboard the RMS Transylvania arriving in New York City on May 11, 1930‍—‌one day after her 18th birthday and her declaring she intended to become a U.S. citizen and would be staying permanently in America.

Lori Ehawee Gloster Not the point. The point is that she was broke ($50). She came to make a better life for herself following her sisters.

Greg Riley Do you have any clue how easy it was to become a citizen back then? No "extreme vetting". No bans. Just show up at Ellis island sign some papers and your in. Trump was just 90 years too late with his extreme vetting. If we implemented it then, we could've saved the country from Cheeto Jesus. So trump and his parents one example of the immigrant vetting process

Mike Underwood Greg Riley you are an idiot..,you believe that Germans and ottomans could go to Ellis island and become citizens ? You truly are stupid. Also those considered for entry were quarantined and vetted for disease unlike today.

Sylvester Eason III Facts:
Acknowledging the large numbers of Europeans in the United States without proper authorization, the government devised ways for them to remain in the country legally. The 1929 Registry Act allowed “honest law-abiding alien who may be in the country under some merely technical irregularity” to register as permanent residents for a fee of $20 if they could prove they had lived in the country since 1921 and were of “good moral character.” Roughly 115,000 immigrants registered between 1930 and 1940—80% were European or Canadian. Between 1925 and 1965, 200,000 unauthorized Europeans legalized their status through the Registry Act, through “pre-examination”—a process that allowed them to leave the United States voluntarily and re-enter legally with a visa (a “touch-back” program), or through discretionary rules that allowed immigration officials to suspend deportations in “meritorious” cases. In the 1940s and 1950s, several thousand deportations a year were suspended; approximately 73% of those who benefitted were Europeans (mostly Germans and Italians).

Sylvester Eason III So basically being white and foreign you could basically just dive into the United States and they made ways in order to keep you here legally even though here illegally commonly known as "technical irregularity." The reason for the flush of European immigrants into the united states in the 20th century was elevated due to the increased African American population after the Emancipation Proclamation.
Mike Underwood Complete fucking BULLSHIT! Her is a publicity cation from liberal 'New Yorker' and not once does it suggest that she was illegal. http://www.newyorker.com/news/news-desk ... ant-mother
DONALD TRUMP’S IMMIGRANT MOTHER
By Mary Pilon June 24, 2016

Lori Ehawee Gloster Not the point. The point is that she was broke ($50). She came to make a better life for herself following her sisters.

Mike Underwood Lori Ehawee Gloster yeah it is the point moron ...the meme is factual incorrect and blatantly dishonest in its intent.
JT Wheeler All of you are so focused on her immigration status that you are overlooking the most important issues: She's googly-eyed, drew WAY too much eyebrows on her face and her stupid hat sucks.
That's right I said it Donald J. Trump. Yo mama ugly.
Salaam Kevin Smith http://www.bbc.com/news/uk-scotland-38648877
Donald Trump's mother: From a Scottish island to New York's elite
BBC Scotland news website
19 January 2017

Jody McKitrick http://www.snopes.com/donald-trumps-mot ... immigrant/
Was Donald Trump’s Mother an Illegal Immigrant?
Though her citizenship status was incorrectly documented in the 1940 United States census, there is no evidence to suggest that she was ever in violation of any immigration laws prior to her naturalization in 1942.

<SNIP>
Avatar by Tal Peleg Art of Makeup https://www.facebook.com/TalPelegMakeUp

MN-Skeptic

Post by MN-Skeptic » Tue Jan 31, 2017 12:33 am

According to Snopes, Trump's mother was NOT an illegal alien.
MAGA - Morons Are Governing America

Suranis

Post by Suranis » Tue Jan 31, 2017 12:44 am

The point is, would the SFV have considered her an Illegal Alien under his rules and rhetoric. Probably, yes.
Learn to Swear in Latin. Profanity with class!
https://blogs.transparent.com/latin/lat ... -in-latin/

tek

Post by tek » Tue Jan 31, 2017 7:40 am

We certainly saw a lot of what we figured was projection from DJT during the campaign..

Little did we know when DJT said electing HRC "would cause a constitutional crisis" - that was projection as well.
There's no way back
from there to here

Azastan

Post by Azastan » Tue Jan 31, 2017 7:50 am

MN-Skeptic wrote:According to Snopes, Trump's mother was NOT an illegal alien.
But she did make a false statement to the census taker, which could have resulted in a monetary fine or up to 5 years in jail.

Conservatives never believe Snopes, either LOL.

Whatever4

Post by Whatever4 » Tue Jan 31, 2017 7:58 am

Azastan wrote:
But she did make a false statement to the census taker, which could have resulted in a monetary fine or up to 5 years in jail.

Or the butler answered for the family. I'm not worried about this. However, Trump did say for years that his mother came over on vacation, then met and married his father. He prefers the romantic version rather than saying his mother was a low-wage worker who came over to take jobs from Americans.
"[Moderate] doesn't mean you don't have views. It just means your views aren't predictable ideologically one way or the other, and you're trying to follow the facts where they lead and reach your own conclusions."
-- Sen. King (I-ME)

Azastan

Post by Azastan » Tue Jan 31, 2017 9:02 am

Whatever4 wrote:
Azastan wrote:

Or the butler answered for the family. I'm not worried about this. However, Trump did say for years that his mother came over on vacation, then met and married his father. He prefers the romantic version rather than saying his mother was a low-wage worker who came over to take jobs from Americans.
If you review the synopsis provided by Snopes, you will see that the census taker placed an 'x' by Mary Anne Trump's name, which indicated that SHE provided the information for the family.

Chilidog

Post by Chilidog » Tue Jan 31, 2017 9:36 am

Dolly wrote:FWIW - not sure here to put this.
Jody Taylor
Now, let THAT soak in for a minute.
#MommyIssues

Oh she was an alien alright.

Return to “Presidential Election”