EVERYONE PLEASE READ THE Change Password thread please. (that's a link)
If we really have compromised passwords, I need to know so I can take action.
As always, you can dismiss this message by clicking the little X (hover your mouse over the far right).

Donald Trump 2016

RVInit

Re: Donald Trump 2016

Post by RVInit »

kate520 wrote:If he does even one thing before the inauguration to repudiate the Alt.Rt. or extend a hand - not just one finger, the whole hand - to the rest of us in conciliation, I will give him consideration. But I don't expect that, that's not what I've seen so far. So nah, I don't think so for now.
:yeah:

"I know that human being and fish can coexist peacefully"
--- George W Bush

ImageImage
RVInit

Post by RVInit »

RoadScholar wrote:This Just In:

Local news station WUSA 9 reports that some students found the message “KILL KILL KILL BLACKS” written inside a bathroom late last week at the Sligo Creek Elementary School in Silver Spring, Maryland.

Thanks, Trump.

I say if he's going to do anything awful he's going to have to do it against a rip-tide of obstruction and harsh dissent, just like Obama had to go through to do anything good.
He won't have to, Paul Fucking Ryan's got his back. :evil:

--- George W Bush

ImageImage
Dallasite
Location: About 40,000 light years from the center of the Milky Way Galaxy.
Chemtrails Program
Human Factors and Behavioral Sciences Division

Post by Dallasite »

Howard_Kahn wrote:
Adrianinflorida wrote:I don't see it as celebrating, as such, more like finding a weakness in an opponent and taking advantage of it.
How about instead of trying to find weakness in an opponent and trying to take advantage of it we do what President Obama and Hillary Clinton asked us to and try and make a smooth transition and help him succeed.

Last night I sent the Trump campaign a note through two different venues. I congratulated Mr. Trump on winning and asked him to help bring the country together. I asked him to give Hillary Clinton a pass and for him to get Congress off her back. Will it help? Probably not. If millions sent the same request, probably yes.

If all I focus on the next four years is finding fault with Donald Trump and trying to obstruct and tear him down, I am no better than him.
I don't want a racist, egotistical, demagogue leading our country. I'm going to spend the next four years finding a way to get him out of office.

"I drank what?!?!" - Soctates, 399 BC
Suranis

Post by Suranis »

Donald Trump has to earn my respect. I'm not going to forget the last 14 months of him being an ass just becasue. The day he does something good I'll say it. For example, W Bush was almost reasonable in his last year and his speech when Obama won the election was extremely good.

So I'm going to keep pointing out that he lost the popular vote to people who are continuing to blather lies about Hillary Clinton, becasue its grates at him, just like pointing out his tiny hands and lack of billionaire status.

The difference between the Middle Ages, and the Age of the Internet, is that in the Middle Ages no-one thought the Earth was flat.
Howard_Kahn

Post by Howard_Kahn »

Dallasite wrote:
Howard_Kahn wrote:
Adrianinflorida wrote:I don't see it as celebrating, as such, more like finding a weakness in an opponent and taking advantage of it.
How about instead of trying to find weakness in an opponent and trying to take advantage of it we do what President Obama and Hillary Clinton asked us to and try and make a smooth transition and help him succeed.

Last night I sent the Trump campaign a note through two different venues. I congratulated Mr. Trump on winning and asked him to help bring the country together. I asked him to give Hillary Clinton a pass and for him to get Congress off her back. Will it help? Probably not. If millions sent the same request, probably yes.

If all I focus on the next four years is finding fault with Donald Trump and trying to obstruct and tear him down, I am no better than him.
I don't want a racist, egotistical, demagogue leading our country. I'm going to spend the next four years finding a way to get him out of office.
Sounds like a good use of a limited resource, your time. If you succeed, his replacement will be Pence. I don't think anyone in the Republican establishment will mind that one bit.

Me, I'm getting my cheap labor overseas. You. You pay your non-skilled labor $15 per hour.
PatGund

Post by PatGund »

No matter who won the election, there was no way we were going to dodge a bullet. At least with Clinton, the wound would have been minor and survivable. (and wouldn't have been her fault).

I can't say the same for Trump. It's large, nasty, self-inflicted, and it may very well be fatal.

Slim Cognito
Location: Home to gators, pythons and now trump. trump is the only one that scares me.

Post by Slim Cognito »

RVInit wrote:
Suranis wrote:Wow, its almost like the popular vote loss is getting to him.
Should we start a poll to guess how long he will obsess on the fact that he lost the popular vote? :rotflmao: :rotflmao: :rotflmao:
No need. He'll never let it go.

ImageImageImage x4
Dallasite
Chemtrails Program

Post by Dallasite »

Howard_Kahn wrote:
Dallasite wrote:
Howard_Kahn wrote:

Sounds like a good use of a limited resource, your time. If you succeed, his replacement will be Pence. I don't think anyone in the Republican establishment will mind that one bit.
Pence is already running things for Trump.

esseff44

Post by esseff44 »

I don't think he will ever stop obsessing over the popular vote. He will just keep reminding us what a genius he is.

Suranis

Post by Suranis »

And that he COULD have gotten the popular vote if he really really wanted, and if he had he would have beaten HRC even EASIER!!

The difference between the Middle Ages, and the Age of the Internet, is that in the Middle Ages no-one thought the Earth was flat.
Adrianinflorida

Post by Adrianinflorida »

Suranis wrote:Donald Trump has to earn my respect. I'm not going to forget the last 14 months of him being an ass just becasue. The day he does something good I'll say it. For example, W Bush was almost reasonable in his last year and his speech when Obama won the election was extremely good.

So I'm going to keep pointing out that he lost the popular vote to people who are continuing to blather lies about Hillary Clinton, becasue its grates at him, just like pointing out his tiny hands and lack of billionaire status.
One thing I give W credit for, and I detested h for a great deal of his 8 years, is that he's kept out of current controversies and has been downright supportive of President Obama, when necessary

Piffle

Post by Piffle »

And the big winner is...W!

He's well on his way to retiring his crown as the worst president ever.

rifleman1635

Post by rifleman1635 »

Suranis wrote:Donald Trump has to earn my respect. I'm not going to forget the last 14 months of him being an ass just becasue. The day he does something good I'll say it. For example, W Bush was almost reasonable in his last year and his speech when Obama won the election was extremely good.

As you cheer and hope for his failure, take a close look at who would succeed him in case of removal from office - I'd rather have Rick Santorum than Pence (yes, Pence is that bad - only slightly better than Scott Walker or Rick Scott, but I digress) ...

It seems to me that in hoping and cheering for Drumpf's downfall, people are also (probably unintentionally) hoping and cheering for the failure of this nation.
Edit: ETA - as much as I couldn't stand her, I'm going to repeat what Clinton said in her concession speech: Wish for his success as President

esseff44

Post by esseff44 »

Piffle wrote:And the big winner is...W!

I have to give W credit for wanting immigration reform. He also wanted to put a woman on the Supreme Court even if she was not given a very high rating but it was the Cheney cabal that put the kibosh on her nomination. She probably would have been better than what we got and certainly no worse than Thomas. I am convinced W made only two decisions on his own. That was one and the other was refusing to pardon Scooter Libby. I think W finally realized he had been played by Cheney and the neo-cons. A president is only as good as his advisors when he is in an information bubble. One has to appreciate his tacit support of Obama since he left office. He never tried to undermine him that I know of. I think he realized he had made mistakes and gave Cheney too much power. Clearly, the Grand Menace has no such capacity for refection or self-awareness.

Slim Cognito
Location: Home to gators, pythons and now trump. trump is the only one that scares me.

Post by Slim Cognito »

esseff44 wrote:

I have to give W credit for wanting immigration reform. He also wanted to put a woman on the Supreme Court even if she was not given a very high rating but it was the Cheney cabal that put the kibosh on her nomination. She probably would have been better than what we got and certainly no worse than Thomas. I am convinced W made only two decisions on his own. That was one and the other was refusing to pardon Scooter Libby. I think W finally realized he had been played by Cheney and the neo-cons. A president is only as good as his advisors when he is in an information bubble. One has to appreciate his tacit support of Obama since he left office. He never tried to undermine him that I know of. I think he realized he had made mistakes and gave Cheney too much power. Clearly, the Grand Menace has no such capacity for refection or self-awareness.
I never thought W was a bad person, a bad president, yes, but not a bad person. I fully believe Trump is a bad person.

ImageImageImage x4
Mikedunford

Post by Mikedunford »

I plan to take Trump on a decision-by-decision, policy-by-policy basis. I will be pleasantly surprised if I'm not opposed to him 100% of the time, but I'm prepared to support any positive choice he might make.

I'm just not holding very high expectations.

"I don't give a fuck whether we're peers or not."
--Lord Thomas Henry Bingham to Boris Johnson, on being asked whether he would miss being in "the best club in London" if the Law Lords moved from Parliament to a Supreme Court.
bob

Post by bob »

Mikedunford wrote:I plan to take Trump on a decision-by-decision, policy-by-policy basis. I will be pleasantly surprised if I'm not opposed to him 100% of the time, but I'm prepared to support any positive choice he might make.
Which, of course, includes implementation. E.g., Democrats would love to improve the country's infrastructure. Democrats would love it less if it turns out to be just overpriced pork spoils handed out to Republican donors.

Imagex6 Imagex2 Imagex4 Imagex2
Dallasite
Chemtrails Program

Post by Dallasite »

rifleman1635 wrote:As you cheer and hope for his failure, take a close look at who would succeed him in case of removal from office - I'd rather have Rick Santorum than Pence (yes, Pence is that bad - only slightly better than Scott Walker or Rick Scott, but I digress) ...
I've seen several comments like this, about Pence taking over if/when Trump is removed from, or leaves, office. I believe Trump will pass on to Pence most of the actual decision making. He's already started this by putting Pence in charge of the transition team.

Chilidog

Post by Chilidog »

So, should people call Pence, "Mr. President" just to piss Trump off?

Plutodog

Post by Plutodog »

The idiot, Trump says he coulda won the popular vote if he'd tried, as if Clinton would not have also adjusted her strategy. Such a punk. The point is to shoot down the claim of an electoral mandate when you didn't even win the popular as you seek to implement the worst of your campaign promises. Keep shooting. It's important.

I'm cool with a successful Trump administration where the worst of his crap never sees law, the worst of his SCOTUS candidates never see confirmation. I'm fairly sure that's about as far as the current POTUS, failed Clinton candidate meant to go. Anybody who WANTS those promises to be enacted, because the Orange Gasbag won the electoral college, you can kindly kiss my unwashed arse. :girlbutt:

The only good Bundy is an Al Bundy.
Suranis

Post by Suranis »

Chilidog wrote:So, should people call Pence, "Mr. President" just to piss Trump off?
I would. Its what he will be. That's why i say that the "oh Pence would be worse" guys are missing the point. You will already have Pence, but you will gain the chaos of a Trump impeachment to slow Pence down.

And yeah. its why Bush swaggered back to congress after finally winning the popular vote second time around and demanded he get everything he wanted as he NOW had a mandate from the people. His loss of the popular vote is a weapon we have. Don't put it down to be nice at this point.

RVInit

Post by RVInit »

:rotflmao: :yeah: So. True.

--- George W Bush

ImageImage
RVInit

Post by RVInit »

Slim Cognito wrote: I never thought W was a bad person, a bad president, yes, but not a bad person. I fully believe Trump is a bad person.
:yeah: I have always thought the same thing. I think W did mean well, he had a reputation for inclusiveness and working with Democrats when he was Governor of Texas. But, I think he was in over his head as President and was no match for Cheney.

--- George W Bush

ImageImage
TollandRCR

Post by TollandRCR »

Two people are, I think, largely responsible for W's title as worst president ever: Cheney and Rumsfeld. For almost seven years it appeared that the presidency resided in the house at Number One Observatory Circle. Rumsfeld seemed to have unusual strengths as secretary of defense. I do not know whether I can claim that W would not have taken us into the war on Iraq had Cheney and Rumsfeld never been in place. It may have been that W wanted to complete what, he thought, his father had left not attempted: the removal of Saddam Hussein. W was certainly a sitting duck for arguments in favor of the Iraq war given that thinking. Whether or not history will justify the war in Afghanistan is somewhat of a different question; I think the assessment may turn upon whether a police function would have been more effective and cost many fewer lives.

“The truth is, we know so little about life, we don’t really know what the good news is and what the bad news is.” Kurt Vonnegut
RoadScholar

Post by RoadScholar »

Mikedunford wrote:I plan to take Trump on a decision-by-decision, policy-by-policy basis. I will be pleasantly surprised if I'm not opposed to him 100% of the time, but I'm prepared to support any positive choice he might make.

I'm just not holding very high expectations.
That's one of the things that makes us better. If he does something right we'll give him credit for that. And only that. But it beats how the Right treated Obama... they never gave him a goddamn gram of credit or respect even when he did things Republicans were on record as wanting done, stuff they agreed with before Obama supported it. Never.

I want some Congressman to shout "You lie!" at Trump just once during a State of the Union Address and see how they like it.

The bitterest truth is healthier than the sweetest lie.
X3

Return to “Presidential Election”