much ado

Re: Donald Trump 2016

Post by much ado »

How could they: Be. So. Stupid.
Chilidog

Post by Chilidog »

Suranis wrote:https://www.washingtonpost.com/news/pos ... n-dollars/

I guess his polling firm wasn't doing a good enough job, so he's refusing to pay them 3/4 of a million bucks. His campaign just says that there are "internal issues" The polling firm better get its lawsuit in fast, as there will be a long line off people screaming for their money in a few weeks, win or lose.
So he was unable to tweak the internals to show that Trump is winning?
RTH10260

Post by RTH10260 »

TsuDhoNimh wrote:
RTH10260 wrote: BTW he spoke of a totally depleted military he wants to rebuild, and references the near McDill airforce base, and how much grater he will make it. He never mentioned what new unneeded functionality and planes he may want to build and put on base there against what phantom attacker.
And in Phoenix he promised those planes to Luke AFB, and in Tucson they were going to Davis-Monthan.
And it shows once more that he has no knowledge as of how it's up to Congress to order the planes on behalf of the military. Or cut the funds and close down a plan as it nearly happened with the F-35 fighter series very recent. the Donald will surely sponsor a gold plated unit out of his petty cash for a mere $115.2 million for the F-35C.
TexasFilly

Post by TexasFilly »

RTH10260 wrote:
TsuDhoNimh wrote:
RTH10260 wrote: BTW he spoke of a totally depleted military he wants to rebuild, and references the near McDill airforce base, and how much grater he will make it. He never mentioned what new unneeded functionality and planes he may want to build and put on base there against what phantom attacker.
And in Phoenix he promised those planes to Luke AFB, and in Tucson they were going to Davis-Monthan.
And it shows once more that he has no knowledge as of how it's up to Congress to order the planes on behalf of the military. Or cut the funds and close down a plan as it nearly happened with the F-35 fighter series very recent. the Donald will surely sponsor a gold plated unit out of his petty cash for a mere $115.2 million for the F-35C.
No, the Congress does not "order the planes." Yes, it provides funding for the DOD to order the planes.
I love the poorly educated!!!

Kevin McCarthy: Paul Ryan playing with a head injury -- Jon Lovett
TexasFilly

Post by TexasFilly »

I love the poorly educated!!!

Kevin McCarthy: Paul Ryan playing with a head injury -- Jon Lovett
RTH10260

Post by RTH10260 »

TexasFilly wrote:
RTH10260 wrote:
TsuDhoNimh wrote:

No, the Congress does not "order the planes." Yes, it provides funding for the DOD to order the planes.
OK, my parlance may be a bit sloppy. But doesn't Congress first approve any legislation for establishing a purchase, other than the budget? I may misssremember. But anyhow, various committees have been all over the plan and scrtutinized it by the time Congress approves $$$. Teh Donald does not just order a plane to show up on some base tomorrow.
SueDB

Post by SueDB »

TsuDhoNimh wrote:
They already have enough junk laying around Davis-Monthan.
“If You're Not In The Obit, Eat Breakfast”

Remember, Orly NEVAH disappoints!
MN-Skeptic

Post by MN-Skeptic »

Basically Trump tweaks his message for his audience. He promises everything to everybody, but if your community used to mine coal, he promises you new and better mines. If your community used to have steel factories, he promises you new and better mills. And if you have an air force base nearby, you get new airplanes. The best airplanes.

All while reducing taxes.

And balancing the budget.

And reducing the deficit.

:rotflmao:
MAGA - Morons Are Governing America
esseff44

Post by esseff44 »

After much digging, reporters have finally come up with records and documents showing that Melania did indeed get paid for work while on a visa that did not permit work. She was an alien working illegally.

https://apnews.com/37dc7aef0ce44077930b7436be7bfd0d

Too bad this wasn't out months ago.
MN-Skeptic

Post by MN-Skeptic »

From Jezebel -

The Woman Who Accused Trump of Raping Her at 13 Just Dropped Her Lawsuit
A woman who accused Donald Trump of raping her at a party when she was just 13 years old has voluntarily dismissed her lawsuit, according to court records. The woman, who has gone by the pseudonyms Jane Doe and Katie Johnson, was a no-show at a much hyped press conference earlier this week with celebrity attorney Lisa Bloom.

Jezebel previously detailed the bizarre backstory behind two lawsuits Johnson filed against Trump and celebrity sex offender Jeffrey Epstein, who she said also raped her at a party in 1994. A group of men worked for a year to push the rape allegations into the news, while preventing access to Johnson. No journalist has ever been able to speak to her directly in person or confirm her existence. However, her attorney, Thomas Francis Meagher of New Jersey, has told Jezebel he’s met with his client on several occasions and has gotten to know her “quite well.”

According to court records, Johnson/Doe voluntarily dismissed the suit on the afternoon of November 4. No other information is provided in the filing.

:snippity:

"But she also said that in 1994 she had no idea who her attacker was and that it was only when she watched The Apprentice that she came to believe it was Trump, claiming that she could not forget her attacker’s face."
More at the link.
MAGA - Morons Are Governing America
Turtle

Post by Turtle »

This is in NV, early voters:

They are close to being +50,000 over 2012 numbers.
Dan1100

Post by Dan1100 »

Jon Ralston ‏@RalstonReports 6m6 minutes ago
"They're bringing drugs. They're bringing crime. They're rapists. And some, I assume, will stop me from being president."
RoadScholar

Post by RoadScholar »

I'm guessing those would be the "bad hombres." 8-)
The bitterest truth is healthier than the sweetest lie.
X3
Lani

Post by Lani »

Turtle wrote:This is in NV, early voters:

:snippity:
They are close to being +50,000 over 2012 numbers.
Topped 51K and people are still in line to vote.
Karen Walker

Post by Karen Walker »

National Enquirer Shielded Donald Trump From Playboy Model’s Affair Allegation
The company that owns the National Enquirer, a backer of Donald Trump,agreed to pay $150,000 to a former Playboy centerfold model for her story of an affair a decade ago with the Republican presidential nominee, but then didn’t publish it, according to documents reviewed by The Wall Street Journal and people familiar with the matter.

The tabloid-newspaper publisher reached an agreement in early August with Karen McDougal, the 1998 Playmate of the Year. American Media Inc., which owns the Enquirer, hasn’t published anything about what she has told friends was a consensual romantic relationship she had with Mr. Trump in 2006. At the time, Mr. Trump was married to his current wife, Melania.

Quashing stories that way is known in the tabloid world as “catch and kill.”

http://www.wsj.com/articles/national-en ... 1478309380
Photos of McDougal with Trump, at Trump Vodka launch & Stormy Daniels who he is also alleged to have had an affair with & was also at Trump Vodka party:
Sekrit Stuffs!
IMG_2855.JPG
IMG_2856.JPG
IMG_2874.JPG
IMG_2875.JPG
You do not have the required permissions to view the files attached to this post.
MsDaisy

Post by MsDaisy »

Trump Camp Says It Will Appeal Restraining Order Issued By Ohio Judge
The Donald Trump campaign said in a court document filed Friday that it will appeal a restraining order issued by a federal judge in Ohio earlier that day. The order, issued by U.S. District Judge James Gwin, blocked the Trump campaign -- as well as former Trump adviser Roger Stone and his affiliated group -- "from conspiring to intimidate, threaten, harass, or coerce voters on Election Day."

The order came in a case brought by the Ohio Democratic Party alleging that the Trump campaign and others was engaging in voter intimidation tactics. The Democrats had also sued the Ohio Republican Party in its complaint, but Judge Gwin refrained issuing the order against the Ohio GOP, citing lack of evidence.

The judge also said the order applied to any other groups or individuals -- including those affiliated with the Hillary Clinton campaign -- who engaged in the types of voter intimidation prohibited by Ohio law.
Because he has every right to "intimidate, threaten, harass, and coerce voters on Election Day"
:brickwallsmall: :brickwallsmall: :brickwallsmall:

http://talkingpointsmemo.com/muckraker/ ... ohio-judge
Birfers are toast
TollandRCR

Post by TollandRCR »

John Chapman, an economist and investment banker unknown to me, has a five-point plan for Donald Trump to win the presidency. Real Clear Markets What Donald Trump Must Do In Order to Win. Writing on November 5, 2016, he recognizes that his prescription may be difficult to implement. He does not seem to recognize that Donald Trump listens to nobody. His fourth point is:
4. Embrace economic growth and prosperity by signaling it is the top priority. So many issues, from ISIS and terrorism to climate change, hold endless fascination for the Beltway ruling class and media elites, but polling data have consistently shown that "it's the economy, stupid" is the perennial focus for voters. Tax reform, spending control, deregulation, health care - it's pretty simple. Trade is a challenge: Mr. Trump has been wrong about international trade and America's trade deficit for decades, and one of his economic advisors, Professor Peter Navarro of UC-Irvine, is similarly erroneous and retrograde in his thinking. There's no time to correct on this in the next few days, but Trump does have people around him, such as David Malpass (Encima Global Advisors) and Steve Moore (Heritage Foundation), who understand the drivers of growth and importance of free trade. For the couple of millions of Americans who hear Trump talk and recall Smoot-Hawley and depression, there could be no smarter move on his part than to invoke the names of Arthur Laffer, Steve Forbes, and Larry Kudlow.

Particularly in the case of Mr. Laffer, a founding father of supply-side economics and advisor to Reagan, there could be no better signal for Trump to send than to suggest that he would ask Mr. Laffer to come to Washington to help design and pass the economic recovery package. Bluntly, Trump's critics fear that an economic reform put forth by himself or Mr. Navarro will be wrong-headed, but there is no doubt that a Laffer-Forbes proposal would serve to ignite strong economic growth in this country. And there are a few million potential Trump voters who see it this way.
Dr. Laffer is now serving as an economic advisor to Governor Sam Brownback of Kansas, which surely speaks highly of the validity of his economic prescriptions. :sarcastic:

His fifth point is that Trump should announce that he will not run for a second term. This is said to be a bombshell and game-changer. I would, of course, prefer that Trump announce that he will not run for a first term, but this proposal would be somewhat of a relief.
“The truth is, we know so little about life, we don’t really know what the good news is and what the bad news is.” Kurt Vonnegut
tek

Post by tek »

Speaking of Dr. Laffer..

Dave Barry, 1986:
The other major plan was proposed by President Reagan, who made tax reform the cornerstone of his second term, similar to the way he made tax reduction the cornerstone of his first term.
Remember that? It was back when everybody was talking about supply-side economics, which was based on the Laffer Curve, which is this mysterious curve that became famous when an economist named Arthur Laffer drew it, at a party, on a napkin belonging to Rep. Jack Kemp.
I'm not making this up.
What the Laffer Curve allegedly showed, when you held it in a certain light, was that if the government reduced everybody's taxes, it would make MORE MONEY, and the federal budget deficit would go away.
I admit that, as I look back on it, this theory seems even stupider than throwing beverages into Boston Harbor, but, at the time, it had a very strong appeal.
Kemp started showing his napkin around Washington, and soon many people were excited about supply-side economics.
It was similar to those stories you sometimes see in the newspaper about how some Third World village gets all riled up when a peasant woman discovers a yam shaped exactly like the Virgin Mary.
President Reagan made tax reduction his first-term cornerstone, and Congress enacted it, and everybody waited for the budget deficit to go down, and it wasn't until just recently that economists realized Kemp had been holding his napkin sideways.
There's no way back
from there to here
kate520

Post by kate520 »

Off Topic
mr520 used to say that if it was Sunday and there were peals of laughter coming from our house, then I was reading Dave Barry :mrgreen:
DEFEND DEMOCRACY
Karen Walker

Post by Karen Walker »

Ryan said this morning he was campaigning with Trump tomorrow in WI then... Trump cancelled.
Then this happened:

From @onlxn
TRUMP: Wait a minute. The hell?
RYAN: What?
TRUMP: You subtweeting my wife now, Paul?
RYAN: Oh... wow. Honest mistake.
TRUMP:
RYAN:
TRUMP:
IMG_2877.JPG
You do not have the required permissions to view the files attached to this post.
ZekeB
Location: The nuttiest congressional district of a nut job state.

Post by ZekeB »

Hey Trump: I saw your aircraft on television a few minutes ago. I noticed that it has imported engines festooned to it.
Trump: Er hat eine größere Ente als ich.

Putin: Du bist kleiner als ich.
tek

Post by tek »

kate520 wrote:
Off Topic
mr520 used to say that if it was Sunday and there were peals of laughter coming from our house, then I was reading Dave Barry :mrgreen:
Off Topic
In the '90s, the company I worked for had an internal "newsgroup" that had a pretty dicey feed of the Dave Barry columns every week.
I was working, at the time, in Speech Synthesis (for assistive tech reasons), having tired of making the next fastest computer..
so every monday I'd pipe DB's Sunday column text into the current synthesizer.. and listen in the background for strange speech output..
A column he wrote that talked about "rollerbladers" ended up setting off a train of work that resulted in four patents and better computational understanding of compound words in the English language - which now (the patents have expired, and I'm long gone from the company) makes for better text-to-speech for visually and/or audibly impaired..
Dave Barry continues to rock, though we won't talk about his guitar technique ;)
There's no way back
from there to here
Adrianinflorida

Post by Adrianinflorida »

ZekeB wrote:Hey Trump: I saw your aircraft on television a few minutes ago. I noticed that it has imported engines festooned to it.
He probably has one guy on staff just to replace the Rolls Royce decals anytime they start to get worn and faded. In fact, I'm surprised he hasnt had a flying lady hood ornament mounted on the radome
YellowMustard

Post by YellowMustard »

Trump was rushed off stage by Secret Service in Reno. Supposedly someone pulled a gun, but now they're saying no weapon was found.

Video of him being rushed off stage:

----IANAL----

Call me old fashioned, but I always thought patriotism was something we share, not use against each other. - Mrs. Betty Bowers https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=8xV8HHFtg7w
Adrianinflorida

Post by Adrianinflorida »

False flag. Ginning up the sympathy vote.

Return to “Presidential Election”