Donald Trump 2016

woodworker

Re: Donald Trump 2016

Post by woodworker »

Just released article on Slate detailing links between Trump owned server and Russia connections. Good read

http://www.slate.com/articles/news_and_ ... _tab_tw_ru
bring out the tumbrils. I am so fucking filled with pain and anger at what is going on in this country. I do deeply believe that if trump somehow retains power it will be the end of democracy in this country and the end of this country as we know it.
Karen Walker

Post by Karen Walker »

woodworker wrote:Just released article on Slate detailing links between Trump owned server and Russia connections. Good read

http://www.slate.com/articles/news_and_ ... _tab_tw_ru
Was just coming to post that article. My take away: "Tick Tock, Donny. Tick effin Tock."
TexasFilly

Post by TexasFilly »

Even more understandable than the Trump server story, David Corn dropped this on MJ: http://www.motherjones.com/politics/201 ... nald-trump

Just read the article. It's pretty horrifying. And it explains what Harry Reid may have been referring to in his letter to Comey yesterday.
I love the poorly educated!!!

Kevin McCarthy: Paul Ryan playing with a head injury -- Jon Lovett
Chilidog

Post by Chilidog »

SLQ wrote: Yeah, I finally got it, too:

Crowd: U S A
Racist (or more racist than some) Jerk: Jew S A
Which, When you think about it, makes absolutely no fucking sense whatsoever
Dolly

Post by Dolly »

Cummings’ shocker: Americans don’t ‘have a clue’ how hard the GOP pushed the FBI to attack Clinton

Rep. Elijah Cummings (D-MD) is furious that the FBI is caving to GOP pressure without giving the same treatment to Republican presidential candidate Donald Trump.
There was one moment that stuck out to Cummings during the Comey hearing in July, however. “He said ‘I do not believe that there should be a double standard to the disadvantage of Secretary Clinton,'” he quoted. But that double standard is exactly what Cummings says is happening at the FBI.

“One of the things that you all have not talked about,” Cummings continued. “I listened to the interview with Jason Miller about information out there about Mr. Trump, Mr. Manafort and the Russian government. Members of Congress, including myself, have asked for months for the FBI to provide us with information as to whether Mr. Trump other associates and the Russian government have any coordination or connection with each other.” Not one ounce of information has been given to Congress on it. <SNIP>
http://www.rawstory.com/2016/10/cumming ... k-clinton/
Top Democrat demands FBI reveal Trump probes

A top Democrat demanded Monday that the FBI make public any investigations it is conducting into GOP presidential nominee Donald Trump or his associates, saying it’s only fair now that the agency has confirmed it has renewed its probe into former Secretary of State Hillary Clinton’s emails.

Rep. Elijah Cummings, the ranking Democrat on the House Oversight Committee, said FBI Director James Comey broke with years of precedent in confirming publicly, just before the election, that Mrs. Clinton’s case was once again alive.

“If it is comes out after the election that the FBI kept secret from the American people the fact that it was investigating former Trump campaign manager Paul Manafort, or seeking access to his emails, or investigating anyone else associated with Trump, then I have no idea how Director Comey will be able to explain his actions,” Mr. Cummings, Maryland Democrat, said in a statement.

Mr. Cummings said Mr. Comey owes the public more information on why the FBI reopened the probe into Mrs. Clinton’s emails nearly four months after he closed it down. At that time, Mr. Comey had said while Mrs. Clinton did mishandle top-secret information, she was too technologically inept and had too little understanding of classified information for prosecutors to prove she intended to break secrecy laws. <SNIP>
http://www.washingtontimes.com/news/201 ... mp-probes/

Elijah E. Cummings ‏@RepCummings
https://twitter.com/RepCummings
House OversightDems ‏@OversightDems 4h4 hours ago
.@CNBC stunning new rpt on Comey opposition 2 naming Russia interfering w/election. Y dble std 4 Trump,HRC?
FBI's Comey opposed naming Russians, citing election timing: Source
http://www.cnbc.com/2016/10/31/fbis-com ... ource.html

more tweets at:
House OversightDems ‏@OversightDems
https://twitter.com/OversightDems
Avatar by Tal Peleg Art of Makeup https://www.facebook.com/TalPelegMakeUp
Karen Walker

Post by Karen Walker »

TexasFilly wrote:Even more understandable than the Trump server story, David Corn dropped this on MJ: http://www.motherjones.com/politics/201 ... nald-trump

Just read the article. It's pretty horrifying. And it explains what Harry Reid may have been referring to in his letter to Comey yesterday.
Yup! I'm not at all surprised. From the link:
A Veteran Spy Has Given the FBI Information Alleging a Russian Operation to Cultivate Donald Trump
:snippity:
And a former senior intelligence officer for a Western country who specialized in Russian counterintelligence tells Mother Jones that in recent months he provided the bureau with memos, based on his recent interactions with Russian sources, contending the Russian government has for years tried to co-opt and assist Trump—and that the FBI requested more information from him.

"This is something of huge significance, way above party politics," the former intelligence officer says. "I think [Trump's] own party should be aware of this stuff as well."

http://m.motherjones.com/politics/2016/ ... nald-trump
Based on my own direct knowledge- I'd say the "cultivation" began more than 5 years ago... See Bayrock; Tevfik Arif, Alex Sapir & Felix Sater. (Periodic Reminder: I told ya so. :smoking:)
Karen Walker

Post by Karen Walker »

Hidden Content
This board requires you to be registered and logged-in to view hidden content.
maydijo

Post by maydijo »

That Mother Jones article is terrifying. The idea that Trump was "compromised" on a trip to Moscow and the Russians could blackmail him - I mean, maybe I've watched too many episodes of The Americans but that's freaking scary!

In 2012 we watched the US presidential election from a hotel room in Yangoon, Myanmar. The only English-language coverage we could find was on RT, which is pure Russian propaganda. There's a bit in the Mother Jones article about how Russia wants to delegitimise the US election system - That hit home hard, because that was one of their running themes on Election Day. As I recall there were two primary themes: It doesn't matter who you vote for, because Romney and Obama are the same person (they called this hybrid "Obamney"); and that the American election system is not legitimate, it's all rigged, rampant voter fraud, you can't trust American elections, etc. Hmmm, that kind of sounds like something I've been hearing a lot lately from the Trump campaign . . . .

And the bit about wanting to drive a wedge in Western alliances - What better way to do that than by attacking trade policies? Trump's tariff plans would be an economic disaster; they're estimated to cost 4 million jobs right off the bat. They'd also be a political nightmare; can you imagine how frosty relations would get if Trump put a 45% tariff on Chinese imports, which would of course immediately be met with a 45% tariff on American imports to China?

My hope is that the media really runs with this. The angry old white guy demographic may not care about Trump's racism or sexism, but they're old enough to still remember the Cold War and have a basic bone-deep hatred of Russia.
YellowMustard

Post by YellowMustard »

Trump is getting national security briefings. One certainly hopes they're feeding him unimportant information with some tweaked information thrown in. If they see that tweaked info coming back from Russia, I sure do hope he ends up in prison.
----IANAL----

Call me old fashioned, but I always thought patriotism was something we share, not use against each other. - Mrs. Betty Bowers https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=8xV8HHFtg7w
foilwatcher

Post by foilwatcher »

YellowMustard wrote:Trump is getting national security briefings. One certainly hopes they're feeding him unimportant information with some tweaked information thrown in. If they see that tweaked info coming back from Russia, I sure do hope he ends up in prison.
Trump and his offspring would be stupid enough to take that bait. Glad to see we got the last October surprise in. Now lets hope the media jumps on this quickly. If all pans out this is YUUUUGE!
"Well la de freakin' da!" ~~ Matt Foley
Karen Walker

Post by Karen Walker »

maydijo wrote:That Mother Jones article is terrifying. The idea that Trump was "compromised" on a trip to Moscow and the Russians could blackmail him - I mean, maybe I've watched too many episodes of The Americans but that's freaking scary!
If you wanna get *really* into it - it could have started even before his business ventures with Bayrock in 2002 (IIRC). Russians love models as much as Trump (*cough* Melania *cough*). What better way to get to Trump than with the beautiful daughter of a former communist who was employed by the state? :mrgreen:

TBH - After the article last week involving "parties" with young models I wouldn't be surprised if Russian mob ties to human trafficking pops up eventually in this sordid saga.
maydijo

Post by maydijo »

Karen Walker wrote:
maydijo wrote:That Mother Jones article is terrifying. The idea that Trump was "compromised" on a trip to Moscow and the Russians could blackmail him - I mean, maybe I've watched too many episodes of The Americans but that's freaking scary!
If you wanna get *really* into it - it could have started even before his business ventures with Bayrock in 2002 (IIRC). Russians love models as much as Trump (*cough* Melania *cough*). What better way to get to Trump than with the beautiful daughter of a former communist who was employed by the state? :mrgreen:

TBH - After the article last week involving "parties" with young models I wouldn't be surprised if Russian mob ties to human trafficking pops up eventually in this sordid saga.

But I don't know if a normal 'honey trap' would be enough to really compromise Trump. The guy has no morality, so how low did they have to go to find something that could embarrass him so much that they could use it against him? (Assuming of course that the memo referenced in the Mother Jones article is legitimate.) Human trafficking might be enough - but he'd probably say he was giving the poor women "job opportunities."
Sterngard Friegen

Post by Sterngard Friegen »

Chilidog wrote:

It means the USA is run by Joos.
Slim Cognito
Location: Home to gators, pythons and now trump. trump is the only one that scares me.

Post by Slim Cognito »

All this Trump/Russia stuff that came out today, and now the FBI says there's no "direct" link between Trump and Russia, and that they don't think Russia was trying to get Trump elected, just "disrupt" the election.

Correct me if I'm wrong, but...if Clinton was comfortably ahead before this Assange/Russia leak crap, and now her lead has been significantly cut, how is that not Russia trying to get Trump elected? It's not like they were releasing the loads of crap you know they have on him.
ImageImageImage x4
Karen Walker

Post by Karen Walker »

maydijo wrote:
Karen Walker wrote:

But I don't know if a normal 'honey trap' would be enough to really compromise Trump. The guy has no morality, so how low did they have to go to find something that could embarrass him so much that they could use it against him? (Assuming of course that the memo referenced in the Mother Jones article is legitimate.) Human trafficking might be enough - but he'd probably say he was giving the poor women "job opportunities."
Rumour going around now that the FSB has a Trump sex tape from his visit to Moscow. Granted it is only a rumour but it isn't that far fetched. Also too eeeeewwww!!!

The timeline & details for his numerous ties (extensive vulnerabilities): http://www.slate.com/articles/news_and_ ... _like.html
maydijo

Post by maydijo »

Karen Walker wrote: Rumour going around now that the FSB has a Trump sex tape from his visit to Moscow. Granted it is only a rumour but it isn't that far fetched. Also too eeeeewwww!!!

The timeline & details for his numerous ties (extensive vulnerabilities): http://www.slate.com/articles/news_and_ ... _like.html
I've always thought, There are just some people I would never do for money . . .
Karen Walker

Post by Karen Walker »

Investigating Donald Trump, F.B.I. Sees No Clear Link to Russia
WASHINGTON — For much of the summer, the F.B.I. pursued a widening investigation into a Russian role in the American presidential campaign. Agents scrutinized advisers close to Donald J. Trump, looked for financial connections with Russian financial figures, searched for those involved in hacking the computers of Democrats, and even chased a lead — which they ultimately came to doubt — about a possible secret channel of email communication from the Trump Organization to a Russian bank.

Law enforcement officials say that none of the investigations so far have found any conclusive or direct link between Mr. Trump and the Russian government. And even the hacking into Democratic emails, F.B.I. and intelligence officials now believe, was aimed at disrupting the presidential election rather than electing Mr. Trump.

http://mobile.nytimes.com/2016/11/01/us ... l44FTIQqEX
I mean FFS... this is just ONE of his direct connections to Russia & to the bank:
Richard Burt, a Reagan administration official, has begun advising Trump on foreign policy. His criticisms of NATO and pleas for greater cooperation with Putin grow from a deeply felt realism. Yet his ideological positions jibe with his financial interests. Burt is on the boards of Alfa-Bank, the largest commercial bank in Russia, and an investment fund with a large position in Gazprom.

http://www.slate.com/articles/news_and_ ... _like.html
Chilidog

Post by Chilidog »

Sterngard Friegen wrote:
Chilidog wrote:

It means the USA is run by Joos.
Which signifies what in the context of a chant at a trump rally?
Sterngard Friegen

It's meant as a slur. They want to free the country (press, banks, media, politics) from being run by Joos.
maydijo

Post by maydijo »

Sterngard Friegen wrote:It's meant as a slur. They want to free the country (press, banks, media, politics) from being run by Joos.

My husband's best friend is Israeli, and he always says, "If we own everything where's my cut?" (I feel like that with these $oros Bucks too, I'm starting to think the whole thing is just a myth . . .)
Suranis

Post by Suranis »

It occ
maydijo wrote:But I don't know if a normal 'honey trap' would be enough to really compromise Trump. The guy has no morality, so how low did they have to go to find something that could embarrass him so much that they could use it against him?
Educational video of a nice ladyboy playing Trumps miniature Oboe might be on the cards too, and would certainly cause him to squirm.
The difference between the Middle Ages, and the Age of the Internet, is that in the Middle Ages no-one thought the Earth was flat.
Orlylicious
Location: @orly_licious With Pete Buttigieg and the other "open and defiant homosexuals" --Bryan Fischer AFA
Occupation: #StuggersForBiden "Do Nothing Democrat Savage" -- Donald, 9/28/19 and "Scalawag...Part of an extreme, malicious leftist internet social mob working in concert with weaponized, socialized governments to target and injure political opponents.” -- Walt Fitzpatrick

Post by Orlylicious »

Good riddance Kellyanne Conway, next week America is going to give you a ton of days off!

Avatar: Young Joe Biden! The Fogbow's Favourite TV Show™ starring the titular Mama June Shannon returns 2021. TVShowsAce featured Fogbow's love 5/26/20: https://bit.ly/2TNxrbS[/b]
Plutodog

Post by Plutodog »

The only good Bundy is an Al Bundy.
Chilidog

Post by Chilidog »

Sterngard Friegen wrote:It's meant as a slur. They want to free the country (press, banks, media, politics) from being run by Joos.
I get it that that is what he thinks he's doing, my point is that you could take it other way around. That it could be taken an expression of pride in being Jewish in America.
(Which I admit is an awkward way of expressing pride, but then again, it's just as awkward in trying to use it as a slur)

In any case. The guys clearly a moron
Sterngard Friegen

TWO MINUTES OF HATE

Bill Weld was on "Mourning Joe" today. He said he was voting for his ticket, but it was hard to believe him. Especially since he also said Donald Trump had to be defeated. And then he read this brief passage from George Orwell's 1984:
The horrible thing about the Two Minutes Hate was not that one was obliged to act a part, but, on the contrary, that it was impossible to avoid joining in. Within thirty seconds any pretence was always unnecessary. A hideous ecstasy of fear and vindictiveness, a desire to kill, to torture, to smash faces in with a sledge-hammer, seemed to flow through the whole group of people like an electric current, turning one even against one's will into a grimacing, screaming lunatic. And yet the rage that one felt was an abstract, undirected emotion which could be switched from one object to another like the flame of a blowlamp.
Hillary Clinton is Emmanuel Goldstein. And Donald Trump is Big Brother. Of course. But all demagogues are alike.

Return to “Presidential Election”