Donald Trump 2016

Slim Cognito
Location: Home to gators, pythons and now trump. trump is the only one that scares me.

Re: Donald Trump 2016

Post by Slim Cognito »

Maybe I dreamed it but didn't taco trucks guy just resign?

Will check when I get home. I'm thinking I saw it at TPM.

Update. Sorry wrong guy. It was the Mexican official who orchestrated Trump's visit.

ImageImageImage x4
Orlylicious
Location: @orly_licious With Pete Buttigieg and the other "open and defiant homosexuals" --Bryan Fischer AFA
Occupation: LDIT Supporters are "Shooketh"! -- Ali Akbar 11/29/20 #StuggersForBiden "Do Nothing Democrat Savage" -- Donald, 9/28/19 and "Scalawag...Part of an extreme, malicious leftist internet social mob working in concert with weaponized, socialized governments to target and injure political opponents.” -- Walt Fitzpatrick

Post by Orlylicious »

They are all still on Twitter, #LyinMarkBurns got blasted :lol:

I'm glad that Trump's Birtherism is being highlighted, Orly Taitz et al should be very proud. Lots of chances to promote The Fogbow :P

@jonfavs The Other One. Obama's Chief Speechwriter, '05-13.

Avatar: President Joe Biden at Age 25 in 1967! 🇺🇸 Hey, don't miss Fogbow's Favourite TV Show™ starring titular Mama June returns 3/21. TVShowsAce featured Fogbow love 5/26/20: https://bit.ly/2TNxrbS
Butterfly Bilderberg

Post by Butterfly Bilderberg »

"Pity the nation that acclaims the bully as hero,
and that deems the glittering conqueror bountiful."
- Kahlil Gibran, The Garden of The Prophet
Orlylicious
Location: @orly_licious With Pete Buttigieg and the other "open and defiant homosexuals" --Bryan Fischer AFA
Occupation: LDIT Supporters are "Shooketh"! -- Ali Akbar 11/29/20 #StuggersForBiden "Do Nothing Democrat Savage" -- Donald, 9/28/19 and "Scalawag...Part of an extreme, malicious leftist internet social mob working in concert with weaponized, socialized governments to target and injure political opponents.” -- Walt Fitzpatrick

Post by Orlylicious »

Pence says he believes Obama born in US
By Cassie Spodak, CNN Updated 3:19 PM ET, Wed September 7, 2016

"I believe Barack Obama was born in Hawaii, I accept his birthplace," Pence said
Trump was perhaps the highest-profile "birther" back in 2011

San Diego (CNN) -- Indiana Gov. Mike Pence said Wednesday he believes President Barack Obama was born in the US, drawing a clear distinction with his running mate, Donald Trump, who has declined to say the same.

The Republican vice presidential nominee also declined to weigh in on whether the businessman should apologize for suggesting Obama was not born in the US.

"I believe Barack Obama was born in Hawaii, I accept his birthplace. I just don't know where he's coming from on foreign policy and on economics and on Obamacare," Pence told reporters aboard his campaign plane just after it touched down here.
http://www.cnn.com/2016/09/07/politics/ ... index.html

Avatar: President Joe Biden at Age 25 in 1967! 🇺🇸 Hey, don't miss Fogbow's Favourite TV Show™ starring titular Mama June returns 3/21. TVShowsAce featured Fogbow love 5/26/20: https://bit.ly/2TNxrbS
bob

Post by bob »

WND: Ben Carson: Trump should apologize for being birther:
CNN asks if 'nonsense' will harm Donald's outreach to black voters

Retired neurosurgeon Dr. Ben Carson, a campaign surrogate for Donald Trump in his presidential bid, says the Republican nominee should apologize to black voters for questioning the birthplace of Barack Obama, and thus, his eligibility to be president.

Carson made the comment during an appearance Tuesday on CNN.

Host Jake Taper noted, “As a factual matter, President Obama was born in the United States. Do you think it’s time for Donald Trump to acknowledge all that birther nonsense was all a mistake and to apologize so that African-American voters, to whom he’s reaching out, might be more willing to listen to his message?”

“I think that would be a good idea, absolutely,” responded Carson, who ran against Trump in the GOP primaries but is now advising and campaigning for the billionaire.
Carl Gallups disagrees:
1. NO ONE has ever presented an official BC copy of Obama's birth, complete with an official raised seal. Nor have they ever presented the original BC - NO ONE! The only thing posted on the White House website was a COPY of "something." And that copy has been forensically (in a law enforcement investigation) shown to be fabricated forgery.It cannot be used to sign Obama up for a Little League team anywhere in the nation.

2. HI Gov. Neil Abercrombie (Dem. and friend of the Obama family) PROMISED that if elected governor he would personally use his power as governor and produce the original BC from the HI DOH in order to "end the birther controversy once and forever." He was elected. He never produced it. He simply said he was "assured it was there." He was voted out after his first term.

3. Not a single Hospital in Hawaii (or anywhere else) officially claims, in any legal manner whatsoever, to be the bonifide birthplace of Obama.

4. Obama's own publishers claimed, in his official book biographical sketch, that we was "Born in Kenya and raised in Hawaii." That bio statement remained in print (for 16 years) until Obama ran for president - then it was removed. The publishers said it was a "mistake."

5. Kenyan Ambassador Peter Ogego said in a nationally broadcast radio program that Obama was, "born in Kenya and everyone in Kenya knew the village in which he was born." He later recanted his story and said he was "mistaken."

6. Obama's maternal grandmother said he was "born in Kenya" and that she was "present at his birth."

7. Obama's half-sister said he was "born in Kenya" and that she was also "present at his birth."

8. To date, there is not a home, hospital, medical clinic, nurse, doctor, or friend that has officially stated that they were the birthplace and/or they were present at this birth anywhere in the USA. There is no monument erected or plaque hanging in any hospital or medical clinic anywhere in the USA claiming to be the birthplace of Barack Obama - The world's first black US President. What are the odds of that?

So...Mr. Tapper and Dr. Carson how do you get that, "It is a factual matter that Mr. Obama was born in the United States?"

Imagex6 Imagex2 Imagex4 Imagex2
Volkonski

Post by Volkonski »

Clinton, Trump to Square off on National Security Issues

http://abcnews.go.com/Politics/wireStor ... s-41932381
A senior adviser said ahead of the speech that Trump would make sure the additional spending was fully paid for but did not explain how.

The United States currently spends more than $600 billion a year on the military, more than the next seven countries combined.

Even before promising a huge boost in military spending, Trump's plans to cut taxes, expand infrastructure spending and leave untouched entitlement programs such as Social Security already threaten to add trillions of dollars to the federal deficit.

Image“If everyone fought for their own convictions there would be no war.”
― Leo Tolstoy, War and Peace
BillTheCat

Post by BillTheCat »

Poor little nobody Gallups.

'But I don't want to go among mad people,' said Alice. 'Oh, you can't help that,' said the cat. 'We're all mad here.'
-Lewis Carroll
Adrianinflorida

Post by Adrianinflorida »

Volkonski wrote:Clinton, Trump to Square off on National Security Issues

http://abcnews.go.com/Politics/wireStor ... s-41932381
A senior adviser said ahead of the speech that Trump would make sure the additional spending was fully paid for but did not explain how.

The United States currently spends more than $600 billion a year on the military, more than the next seven countries combined.

Even before promising a huge boost in military spending, Trump's plans to cut taxes, expand infrastructure spending and leave untouched entitlement programs such as Social Security already threaten to add trillions of dollars to the federal deficit.
Meh, if (Dog Forbid) Trump became president, and managed to ram all his shit through Congress, the Yuge deficit would simply be called Obama's Deficit

PatGund

Post by PatGund »

Chilidog wrote:Trump got a handful of former top military officers to support him

Guess how many?

Yep. 88

http://m.motherjones.com/politics/2016/ ... ter-romney

:brickwallsmall: :brickwallsmall:
Yep. And two are fellow Birthers

Adrianinflorida

Post by Adrianinflorida »

PatGund wrote:
Chilidog wrote:Trump got a handful of former top military officers to support him

Guess how many?

Yep. 88

http://m.motherjones.com/politics/2016/ ... ter-romney

:brickwallsmall: :brickwallsmall:
Yep. And two are fellow Birthers
And none of them pack the punch that many of those who came out in support of Secretary Clinton do.

Dolly

Post by Dolly »

I don't recall seeing this on The Fogbow.
September 5
Trump’s history of corruption is mind-boggling. So why is Clinton supposedly the corrupt one?
<SNIP>

The big difference is that there are an enormous number of reporters who get assigned to write stories about those issues regarding Clinton. The story of something like the Clinton Foundation gets stretched out over months and months with repeated tellings, always with the insistence that questions are being raised and the implication that shady things are going on, even if there isn’t any evidence at a particular moment to support that idea.

When it comes to Trump, on the other hand, we’ve seen a very different pattern. Here’s what happens: A story about some kind of corrupt dealing emerges, usually from the dogged efforts of one or a few journalists; it gets discussed for a couple of days; and then it disappears. Someone might mention it now and again, but the news organizations don’t assign a squad of reporters to look into every aspect of it, so no new facts are brought to light and no new stories get written.

The end result of this process is that because of all that repeated examination of Clinton’s affairs, people become convinced that she must be corrupt to the core. It’s not that there isn’t plenty of negative coverage of Trump, because of course there is, but it’s focused mostly on the crazy things he says on any given day.

But the truth is that you’d have to work incredibly hard to find a politician who has the kind of history of corruption, double-dealing, and fraud that Donald Trump has. The number of stories which could potentially deserve hundreds and hundreds of articles is absolutely staggering. Here’s a partial list:
<SNIP>

And that last one is happening right now. To repeat, the point is not that these stories have never been covered, because they have. The point is that they get covered briefly, then everyone in the media moves on. If any of these kinds of stories involved Clinton, news organizations would rush to assign multiple reporters to them, those reporters would start asking questions, and we’d learn more about all of them.

That’s important, because we may have reached a point where the frames around the candidates are locked in: Trump is supposedly the crazy/bigoted one, and Clinton is supposedly the corrupt one. Once we decide that those are the appropriate lenses through which the two candidates are to be viewed, it shapes the decisions the media make every day about which stories are important to pursue.

And it means that to a great extent, for all the controversy he has caused and all the unflattering stories in the press about him, Trump is still being let off the hook.
https://www.washingtonpost.com/blogs/pl ... d47d99d135

Avatar by Tal Peleg Art of Makeup https://www.facebook.com/TalPelegMakeUp
kate520

Post by kate520 »

Once we decide that those are the appropriate lenses through which the two candidates are to be viewed, it shapes the decisions the media make every day about which stories are important to pursue.
What's this? A glimmer of self awareness from the WaPo? :doh:

I despair, I really do.

DEFEND DEMOCRACY
Somerset

Post by Somerset »

TexasFilly wrote:
Sen. Boxer calls for probe into Trump Model Management
By LOUIS NELSON 09/07/16 11:24 AM EDT

California Sen. Barbara Boxer called on U.S. Citizenship and Immigration Services to open an investigation into Donald Trump’s model management company over allegations that it broke immigration laws.

Boxer’s request, which came in the form of a letter made public on Wednesday, follows a report from Mother Jones magazine alleging that Trump Model Management employed foreign women who had traveled to the U.S. on tourist visas that did not allow them to work.

“I am extremely concerned by the claims levied against Trump Model Management and ask that you open an investigation into the company's employment practices,” Boxer wrote in her letter to Citizenship and Immigration Services Director León Rodríguez. “I hope you will make clear that immigration and labor violations like these will not be tolerated.”

Trump's campaign did not immediately respond to a request for comment.
http://www.politico.com/story/2016/09/t ... xer-227830
I hope this grows some legs. Melania Trump admitted she was working illegally in the US when she said she had to return home every few months, and I think this is why she dropped out of view. She's smart enough to know that the more visible she is, the more she's going to be questioned. Showing that the potential First Lady worked illegally in the US would hopefully dampen the enthusiasm of staunch anti-immigration voters.

SueDB

Post by SueDB »

Trumps against immigration unless you are importing tarts from the old Eastern Bloc.

“If You're Not In The Obit, Eat Breakfast”

Remember, Orly NEVAH disappoints!
vic

Post by vic »

SueDB wrote:Trumps against immigration unless you are importing tarts from the old Eastern Bloc.
And of course temporary workers with H1B visa's are always welcome at his resorts

Somerset

Post by Somerset »

vic wrote:
SueDB wrote:Trumps against immigration unless you are importing tarts from the old Eastern Bloc.
And of course temporary workers with H1B visa's are always welcome at his resorts
I doubt many of the temporary workers at his resorts have H1B visas. They're not that easy to get and the supply is limited. More often than not, temporary workers come into the US on tourist visas and work "under the table." Kind of like Melania ;)

vic

Post by vic »

The articles I've read refers specifically to H1B visas. The focus was that hundreds of residents were turned down for jobs. Yet the resort in order to get employees via an H1B visa would have to have claimed they couldn't get applicants for the jobs.

Somerset

Post by Somerset »

The H1B program is for "exceptionally talented" people, and the annual supply is very limited. In my world, it means someone with at least a Master's degree (and very often a Ph.D.) and a record of accomplishment (employer and colleague testimonials, publications, patents, etc.). Even with that, it's common for an employer to submit an employee's application in one year, then wait one or two more years for the application to finally reach the front of the queue. It ain't easy getting an H1B, and it's not something you would do for a seasonal hire.

H1B visas are also used for highly talented artists, performers and models. I don't know the particulars of how difficult these are to get, but I do know their numbers are restricted and there are a lot of people competing for a limited pool. I can see The Donald "buying" one for his bride-to-be, but not for staff at Mar-a-Lago.

vic

Post by vic »

That's theory. We all know that the H1B program is often abused. For example, I worked on a project where we needed to hire another Java programmer. We had numerous qualified applicants. The one that was selected was someone who was here with a spouse who was on the H1B program. The company applied for and received an H1B for the selected applicant. I should add that that applicant was willing to work for a lower salary then the other qualified applicants.

However I see that while the articles I read on secondary sources refer to H1B, the New York Times is talking about the H2B program.

http://mobile.nytimes.com/2016/02/26/us ... -club.html

This Reuters article says that they examined H1B, H2A, and H2B applications but only references the Trump companies as having H2B employees

Flatpointhigh
Occupation: Voice Actor, Podcaster, I hold a Ph.D in Procrastination.

Post by Flatpointhigh »

While working for Trump's agency, the models said, they were charged exorbitant rent to bunk with other Trump models in cramped, dormitory-style quarters while competing for coveted work visas. Those who didn't make the cut were sent home—but not until after rent and other fees were deducted from their Trump Model Management earnings.
http://www.motherjones.com/politics/201 ... xer-letter
and: http://www.motherjones.com/politics/201 ... mmigration
Canadian-born Rachel Blais spent nearly three years working for Trump Model Management. After first signing with the agency in March 2004, she said, she performed a series of modeling gigs for Trump's company in the United States without a work visa. At Mother Jones' request, Blais provided a detailed financial statement from Trump Model Management and a letter from an immigration lawyer who, in the fall of 2004, eventually secured a visa that would permit her to work legally in the United States. These records show a six-month gap between when she began working in the United States and when she was granted a work visa. During that time, Blais appeared on Trump's hit reality TV show, The Apprentice, modeling outfits designed by his business protégés. As Blais walked the runway, Donald Trump looked on from the front row.

Jez

Post by Jez »

The Birther "question" kinda started at the Volokh Conspiracy site in a discussionabout the meaning of Natural Born Citizen. On Feb 28, the following was posted:
Dave N

Let's change the hypothetical (just for grins and giggles).

Barack Obama's father was a citizen of Kenya. What would Senator Obama's citizenship status (and Presidential eligibility) be if:

1) He had been born in Kenya, but taken by his mother to the United States immediately after birth and then spent the rest of his life as he has subsequently lived it?

2) He was born in a third country, and like my first hypothetical, immediately taken to the United States? Does that change the analysis?

3) Would these results change if Senator Obama had been raised in a foreign country for any length of time before his mother returned with him to the United States?
Nobody ever really responded that I could see. Mostly they were discussing McCain and Romney Sr. It was the day after that everything started on FR. Notice that it was framed as a hypothetical. It could have been an interesting discussion, for academic purposes. But then it got tainted. I suppose someone saw this and ran with it.

I have learned silence from the talkative, toleration from the intolerant, and kindness from the unkind; yet, strange, I am ungrateful to those teachers.

~Khalil Gibran
Slim Cognito
Location: Home to gators, pythons and now trump. trump is the only one that scares me.

Post by Slim Cognito »

Trump: I Would've Captured Osama Bin Laden Before 9/11 Attacks

And Lee Harvey Oswald...and Hitler...and Jack the Ripper....

Trump also claimed he gave statements “much closer” to the invasion of Iraq saying he was against the war. He said those statements “superseded” his earlier, much-cited interview with shock jock radio host Howard Stern, where Trump said he did support the invasion.
He even predicted American Pharoah would win the triple crown waaaay back in 2008.

http://talkingpointsmemo.com/livewire/d ... 11-attacks

ImageImageImage x4
Sterngard Friegen

Post by Sterngard Friegen »

Slim Cognito wrote:
Trump: I Would've Captured Osama Bin Laden Before 9/11 Attacks

And Lee Harvey Oswald...and Hitler...and Jack the Ripper....

Trump also claimed he gave statements “much closer” to the invasion of Iraq saying he was against the war. He said those statements “superseded” his earlier, much-cited interview with shock jock radio host Howard Stern, where Trump said he did support the invasion.
He even predicted American Pharoah would win the triple crown waaaay back in 2008.

http://talkingpointsmemo.com/livewire/d ... 11-attacks
Not so sure about Hitler. He was a Fred Drumpf favorite.

SueDB

Post by SueDB »

She would have to be one Hell of a hooker to qualify for an H1B. Those are for experts in their professions.

“If You're Not In The Obit, Eat Breakfast”

Remember, Orly NEVAH disappoints!
Sterngard Friegen

Post by Sterngard Friegen »

Off Topic
When I got married my bride's visa status was 0-1. When I started my lawfirm my law partner's draft status was 1-0.

Return to “Presidential Election”