vic

Re: Donald Trump 2016

Post by vic »

Chilidog wrote:Notice the typo.
Well, they tried two ways, so they are only 50% wrong. :blackeye:

bob

Post by bob »

Compare N.Y. Daily News: Trump campaign CEO Steve Bannon was accused of sexual harrassment toward Biosphere coworker in 1990s:
Among his numerous legal problems from the past, Donald Trump’s new campaign CEO was accused of sexual harassment towards a coworker at an Arizona research company.

Steve Bannon, the head of Breitbart News who has stepped down to assist the GOP nominee’s campaign, was named in a suit by a Biosphere 2 worker in 1994.

Margret Augustine alleged that the future Trump-ite and his coworker Martin Bowen repeatedly made lewd remarks, according to court papers recently reported by Buzzfeed.

[ * * * ]

A federal lawsuit in 2005 also alleged that the future Breitbart leader fired an employee suffering from Multiple Sclerosis who had just given birth because she became a mother.
with ABC: Fired Manager Corey Lewandowski Still Involved in Donald Trump Campaign:
As Donald Trump arrived in Manchester, New Hampshire, for a rally a week ago, he stepped out of his motorcade and was greeted by a familiar face: Corey Lewandowski’s.
H/t: Electoral-vote.com.

Imagex6 Imagex2 Imagex4 Imagex2
MN-Skeptic

Post by MN-Skeptic »

From the Chicago Tribune -

Trump loses latest bid to derail university fraud lawsuit
U.S. District Judge Gonzalo Curiel in San Diego on Monday rejected Trump's argument that one of the lead plaintiffs in the case, Sonny Low, wasn't actually concerned with whether Trump University was an accredited institution. One of the key claims in the class-action suit is that the students had relied on their belief that the school was accredited when they paid to attend.

Curiel said the billionaire's lawyers were relying on a "selective interpretation" of Low's deposition, in which the former student said that accreditation "was not even a consideration for me," according to the ruling. "I went there because it was Trump University, that he created."

The judge pointed to other portions of the deposition that suggested the former student believed Trump University was legitimate due to its association with Trump, regardless of whether it was accredited. "Besides being a multi-billionaire in real estate, he set up Trump University, which I would presume that he took all the steps necessary to set up a proper institution that he could call a university, with his name next to it," Low said in the deposition.
Besides the Chicago Tribune article, there was one at Courthouse News Service. The CNS article was more complete, but harder to cherry-pick paragraphs from.

Joe Biden: "Wearing masks is not a political statement. It's a scientific imperative."

It’s the pandemic, stupid!
tek

Post by tek »

hm, interesting.. the Judge's depo quote sets up more firmly that (at least some) students counted on the Trump Name to show that it must be on the up-and-up.

There's no way back
from there to here
Skip Intro

Post by Skip Intro »

tek wrote:hm, interesting.. the Judge's depo quote sets up more firmly that (at least some) students counted on the Trump Name to show that it must be on the up-and-up.
Sadly at least 40% of the country appears to think the same thing.

In the Trump era anything is true if enough people believe it.
esseff44

Post by esseff44 »

http://www.motherjones.com/politics/201 ... mmigration

Mother Jones has an article about the immigration violations engaged in by one of the companies Trump actually owns. It's not a stretch in my mind that Melania worked illegally in the same kind of circumstances.

Will it matter to his base that he ran this kind of business that was like the old company store where the girls and women start out and stay in debt to the company and have no one to complain to out of fear of deportation?

TexasFilly

Post by TexasFilly »

esseff44 wrote:http://www.motherjones.com/politics/201 ... mmigration

Mother Jones has an article about the immigration violations engaged in by one of the companies Trump actually owns. It's not a stretch in my mind that Melania worked illegally in the same kind of circumstances.

Will it matter to his base that he ran this kind of business that was like the old company store where the girls and women start out and stay in debt to the company and have no one to complain to out of fear of deportation?
Very interesting. I hope this story doesn't get lost in the "trip to Mexico" madness that Trump has foisted upon the electorate.

I love the poorly educated!!!

Kevin McCarthy: Paul Ryan playing with a head injury -- Jon Lovett
Adrianinflorida

Post by Adrianinflorida »

TexasFilly wrote:
esseff44 wrote:http://www.motherjones.com/politics/201 ... mmigration

Very interesting. I hope this story doesn't get lost in the "trip to Mexico" madness that Trump has foisted upon the electorate.
once Trump leaked the possibility of the Mexico trip, he could spin any result as "Yuge'. If it happened, he goes to Mexico and comes back saying they've agreed to pay for the small and take back all 11 million undocumented immigrants. If the Mexican President says thats not true, Trump call him dishonest.

If the Mexico trip didn't happen, he simply states that Trumpmerica won't negotiate with them.

It's a shame the Mexican President has seen fit to be a political prop.

Volkonski

Post by Volkonski »

Trump going to Mexico. What could go wrong? ;)

Sudden trips like this must drive his Secret Service detail crazy.

Image“If everyone fought for their own convictions there would be no war.”
― Leo Tolstoy, War and Peace
Adrianinflorida

Post by Adrianinflorida »

I wonder if this will result in the first ever Mexican kidnapping where the kidnappers demand a ransom to not release a hostage.

NAKT

esseff44

Post by esseff44 »

President Enrique Pena Nieto invited all the presidential candidates to meet with him and not just Trump. I think we can predict what he will say about the meeting. It will be all about Trump and his superhuman powers. He will say the president is a nice man but he will pay for the wall.

Suranis

Post by Suranis »

Adrianinflorida wrote:I wonder if this will result in the first ever Mexican kidnapping where the kidnappers demand a ransom to not release a hostage.
So freaking stolen.

The difference between the Middle Ages, and the Age of the Internet, is that in the Middle Ages no-one thought the Earth was flat.
BillTheCat

Post by BillTheCat »

Adrianinflorida wrote:
It's a shame the Mexican President has seen fit to be a political prop.
Word is that he is desperate for attention. His poll numbers are close to Trump's (though for far different reasons).

So a stab in the dark on both sides.

'But I don't want to go among mad people,' said Alice. 'Oh, you can't help that,' said the cat. 'We're all mad here.'
-Lewis Carroll
woodworker

Post by woodworker »

My thought was that he flies there and the airport refuses to refuel his plane.

ETA: or jacks up the price. After all, they would be in a great position to renegotiate.

bring out the tumbrils. I am so fucking filled with pain and anger at what is going on in this country. I do deeply believe that if trump somehow retains power it will be the end of democracy in this country and the end of this country as we know it.
MRich

Post by MRich »

woodworker wrote:My thought was that he flies there and the airport refuses to refuel his plane.

ETA: or jacks up the price. After all, they would be in a great position to renegotiate.
I like the way you think.

foilwatcher

Post by foilwatcher »

woodworker wrote:My thought was that he flies there and the airport refuses to refuel his plane.

Or he doesn't receive clearance for the return trip flight plan. Do I have enough popcorn and margarita mix on hand for today? Should be a tremendous show...that I can tell you. Might even be bigly.

:boxing:

"Well la de freakin' da!" ~~ Matt Foley
esseff44

Post by esseff44 »

As it is on the schedule, he would only have time for more than a handshake and photo op. He has a fund raiser in California this morning and has his big immigration policy speech in Arizona this evening. It's all for show anyway.

Volkonski

Post by Volkonski »

Mexico piñata sellers are probably unable to keep up with the demand for Trump piñatas today. ;)

Image“If everyone fought for their own convictions there would be no war.”
― Leo Tolstoy, War and Peace
foilwatcher

Post by foilwatcher »

Donald Trump flies to Mexico City today to meet with President Enrique Peña Nieto.

Really, what could go wrong?

I can just hear the conversation now …

Donald Trump: Hola, Enrique. Can I call you Rick?

Trump's Excellent Mexico City Adventure

"Well la de freakin' da!" ~~ Matt Foley
Slim Cognito
Location: Home to gators, pythons and now trump. trump is the only one that scares me.

Post by Slim Cognito »

My hope is the president doesn't meet his plane. Didn't he rag on Obama for going to Cuba and not having his plane met by the proper dignitaries?

ImageImageImage x4
Suranis

Post by Suranis »

Fantasy no 983,490 - they inspect his plane and ground it on numerous safety violations, and he has to go home on a Public Plane, with Ordinary People.

The difference between the Middle Ages, and the Age of the Internet, is that in the Middle Ages no-one thought the Earth was flat.
PatGund

Post by PatGund »

So Trump was in Everett yesterday. Why remains a mystery, since Washington state is solidly blue and the likelihood he would carry this state is pretty small.

But the Seattle Times article had a quote that really told me how fucking disturbed the mindset of some of his followers are.

At Everett rally, Trump slams Clinton, Syrian refugees

(Bold face mine)
"Dave Jenkins, a maintenance supervisor from Granite Falls, says he registered to vote for the first time this year — at the age of 62 — because of Trump.

Jenkins said Trump would strengthen the military so the world fears America again. “Now they laugh at us,” he said."
Let me restate that. He wants Trump to be President so that the world FEARS the United States.

That's absolutely disgusting

vic

Post by vic »

Suranis wrote:Fantasy no 983,490 - they inspect his plane and ground it on numerous safety violations, and he has to go home on a Public Plane, with Ordinary People.
I'd like to adopt and amend your fantasy.

"they inspect his plane and ground it on numerous safety violations. They also find drugs, and and he has to go to his new home, the prison cell formerly occupied by El Chapo. They've filled in the tunnel but left the hole in the shower; Trump spends the next 10 years digging out the tunnel by hand, since no Mexicans will help him.

SLQ

Post by SLQ »

foilwatcher wrote:Donald Trump flies to Mexico City today to meet with President Enrique Peña Nieto.

Really, what could go wrong?

I can just hear the conversation now …

Donald Trump: Hola, Enrique. Can I call you Rick REEKO?

Trump's Excellent Mexico City Adventure
FIFY

"Try not. Do or do not. There is no try."
-- Yoda
much ado

Post by much ado »

Freeperville is beside itself in how presidential Trump looked in Mexico...

http://www.freerepublic.com/focus/f-news/3464770/posts

Return to “Presidential Election”