Donald Trump 2016

DejaMoo

Re: Donald Trump 2016

Post by DejaMoo »

Slim Cognito wrote:My son told me about a Funny or Die video on Netflix called The Art of the Deal by Ron Howard. OMG, what a hoot. I won't spoil it by telling you who plays Trump. You wouldn't believe me anyway.
[youtube][/youtube]

I've heard this bull before.
GreatGrey

Post by GreatGrey »

Wanna drive a Drumph supporter nuts?

Tell them there's 200 hidden Clinton emails in Donald's tax returns.

I am not "someone upthread".
Trump needs to be smashed into some kind of inedible orange pâté.
much ado

Post by much ado »

Driving a Trump supporter nuts is a very short trip.

Chilidog

Post by Chilidog »

In regards to the book controversy

The campaign purchased a number of books at full price from Barnes and Noble.

Since they did not come directly from the publisher, presumably Trump was paid royalties on that sale.

How much of a lag is there between the sake and the distribution of royalties?

Does that even matter?

If Trump were to donate those royalties back to the campaign, wouldn't he have to list that donation in his FEC filings?

p0rtia

Post by p0rtia »

Dolly wrote:
SLQ wrote:Trump has said and done a lot of awful things. Somehow, that story about the Bonwit Teller building really makes me sick.
I haven't read the article yet. It reminds me of the Taliban destroying cultural artifacts. :madguy:
Particularly if you dig down into the reasons for destroying artifacts, which has been something invading conquerors have been doing for thousands of years. I've had the sadness of seeing the temples of Edfu and Dendera in Upper Egypt, where invading Christian armies (and I believe the Greeks before that, or some other set of invaders) swept down the Nile and defaced the images of the Pharaonic gods. Not sure which temple it was, I think Dendera, where you could see that the invaders had defaced the bas relief as high up as the could reach, so all that is left are the carvings on the upper third of the temple walls. I thought of this when I saw the pix of the art deco panels high on the walls of the Bonwit.

I've been meaning to say this aloud for a while: I grew up in NJ, and trump was in the news all the time in the late '70s and '80s. There is nothing new about this man; he is a one-trick bully who has used the power of his money and his sociopathy the same way since day one: dishonest, insulting, racist, a demeanor of women, a thief who enjoys hurting people. Anyone who ever thought otherwise is a fool. He is his own one-man invading army. I have often thought, if our fellow citizens were so insane as to allow this piece of shit to be elected president, the only thing left would be domination of the world. Imagine a new trio of Axis powers: Putin, trump, and Kim-Jong Un or Xi or some Isis warlord who rises to power. Then we'll see some defacement all right.

Maaa.

No matter where you go, there you are! :towel:
ImageImageImage
BillTheCat

Post by BillTheCat »

Let's see if KellyAnne keeps her promise to appear on Rachel tonight. If she does, should be fun. :twisted:

I'm betting she won't. :nope:

'But I don't want to go among mad people,' said Alice. 'Oh, you can't help that,' said the cat. 'We're all mad here.'
-Lewis Carroll
SLQ

Post by SLQ »

BillTheCat wrote:Let's see if KellyAnne keeps her promise to appear on Rachel tonight. If she does, should be fun. :twisted:

I'm betting she won't. :nope:
Oh, I think she will. KellyAnne believes she has the slick spin down pat. We'll see how she deals with Rachel.

"Try not. Do or do not. There is no try."
-- Yoda
Sterngard Friegen

Post by Sterngard Friegen »

The answer to every question about Trump will be spun into an attack on Mrs. Clinton.

"It looks like Mr. Trump hasn't stopped insulting people, KellyAnne, based on his insults to Joe Scarborough and Mika Brzezinski." "Mr. Trump was being attacked, but he's going to speak more now about Hillary Clinton's criminal activities and illegal access to donors of the Clinton business."

I'm afraid that no matter how well prepared and focused Rachel is it will be a tiresome interview. (That was always one of my problems with Debby Wasserman Schultz. She could never answer a question. It was always feint and attack; never defending all the good things her own Party's members had done. Tiresome.)

PatGund

Post by PatGund »

Sam the Centipede wrote:Doesn't the Donwit Teller Building affair fit perfectly with what we see of Trump's vile personality? He agrees some sort of deal or contract which would be perfectly fair for both parties and good for him, then he screws the other party simply because he can and it makes his heart all a-flutter as he crows to himself about he is the top man.

A sociopathic turd.

It disgusts me that so many voters chose this monster for their candidate and that many will vote for him in the general. Even if they have bought the Hillary-is-evil crap, how could they believe that their lives or their country's future should be in the tiny hands of this Grade A* Asshole?
Because many people seem to want an authoritarian boss-man to tell them what to think and believe, and have bought into Trump's personna as an alpha-male strongman.

noblepa

Post by noblepa »

much ado wrote:It must suck to be Donald Trump. At least I hope it does.
I know that it sucks to be in a world that also contains Donald Trump. At least I can turn the TV off or watch reruns of Hogan's Heroes. Donald is stuck with Donald 24x7x365.

noblepa

Post by noblepa »

Adrianinflorida wrote:
TollandRCR wrote:
ArthurWankspittle wrote:Slightly off topic and may cause the Supreme Dick Tater to split it off, but, is Trump's only legacy of any worth going to be a serious look at revising the presidential election process? Sending delegates to conventions was about the best process you had 200 years ago but it is the 21st century now.
I think we did better in the days when party bosses had a strong voice. I'm not sure that we even have party bosses today, much less that they would do better.
At least in those days, MOST election years, either party had a, somewhat, equal shot at winning because they didn't pick a total chucklehead candidate. Now that "The People Have Spoken" and nominated Trump, there's no better excuse for the old days of "Smoky Back Rooms".
I agree. I think we got better candidates from smoke-filled rooms.

Primaries have only been the predominant method if picking candidates for less than 50 years. Republicans have to run hard right and democrats have to run hard left in the primaries. Its hard to pivot back to the center for the general election. The entire primary process seems designed to select the most radical candidates available. Trump is just the logical end of this process.

bob

Post by bob »

Time: It Would Be ‘Foolish’ For Donald Trump to Release Tax Returns, Son Says:
Donald Trump’s son said Wednesday that it would be “foolish” for his father to release his tax returns.

Eric Trump echoed his father during an appearance on CNBC, saying that the Republican presidential candidate can’t release his tax returns until the Internal Revenue Service finishes an audit, the Wall Street Journal reports.

“You would have a bunch of people who know nothing about taxes trying to look through and trying to come up with assumptions on things they know nothing about,” Trump said. “It would be foolish to do. I’m actually the biggest proponent of not doing it.”

[ * * * ]

Eric Trump, however, believes that Trump’s tax returns won’t show much. “You don’t learn that much from a tax return, in all fairness,” he told CNBC.

Imagex6 Imagex2 Imagex4 Imagex2
Chilidog

Post by Chilidog »

noblepa wrote:
much ado wrote:It must suck to be Donald Trump. At least I hope it does.
I know that it sucks to be in a world that also contains Donald Trump. At least I can turn the TV off or watch reruns of Hogan's Heroes. Donald is stuck with Donald 24x7x265.
Who is he stuck with in the remaining 100 days?

Fortinbras

Post by Fortinbras »

2016 being a leap year, the question should be about 101 days.

Sugar Magnolia

Post by Sugar Magnolia »

kate520 wrote:Drumpf, quiet, without a major gaffe every time, just every other time, he opens his mouth, scares me. :? He's too quiet. What's he up to? Has he gotten into the flour tin? Is he eating mustard straight from the jar? Drawing on the walls with lipstick?*

* just a few of the things mom might discover when it's been 'too quiet' :mrgreen:
Give him a little minute. He's speaking to an assload of redneck yahoos at the Coliseum here at 7:00. I can only imagine what he's going to throw out there to the thousands of true believers (who are already hosing up traffic unbelievably.)

vic

Post by vic »

Off Topic
24x7x365 is one of my pet peeves. 24x7 historically meant 24 hours a day, 7 days a week; extending that with an x365 would then mean 24 hours a day, 7 days a week, 365 weeks a ????.

So the appropriate usage should have been 24x365, or for pedants (I guess I'm one) 24x365.2422.

tek

Post by tek »

DejaMoo wrote: [youtube][/youtube]

It's on the Internet, it must be true.. right, Rudy?

There's no way back
from there to here
Chilidog

Post by Chilidog »

vic wrote:
Off Topic
24x7x365 is one of my pet peeves. 24x7 historically meant 24 hours a day, 7 days a week; extending that with an x365 would then mean 24 hours a day, 7 days a week, 365 weeks a ????.

So the appropriate usage should have been 24x365, or for pedants (I guess I'm one) 24x365.2422.
If a 7/11 is open 27/7, holidays included, why is there a lock on the front door?

vic

Post by vic »

Chilidog wrote:
vic wrote:
Off Topic

If a 7/11 is open 27/7, holidays included, why is there a lock on the front door?
Has the earth slowed so much that there are now 27 hours in a day? Why wasn't I told?

tek

Post by tek »

vic wrote:Has the earth slowed so much that there are now 27 hours in a day? Why wasn't I told?
My clients seem to think that is the case..

There's no way back
from there to here
Sterngard Friegen

Post by Sterngard Friegen »

Donald Trump

much ado

Post by much ado »

Trump is back on message:
“We’re going to build a wall, don’t worry about it,” Trump said. “We’re going to build the wall and Mexico is going to pay for it, 100 percent. And it’s going to be a big wall. It’s going to be a real wall. It’s going to be as beautiful as a wall can be, but it’s going to be a real wall.”
While attempting to woo the Hispanic vote, of course.

From Politco: http://www.politico.com/story/2016/08/d ... z4II3CA57m

vic

Post by vic »

much ado wrote:Trump is back on message:
“We’re going to build a wall, don’t worry about it,” Trump said. “We’re going to build the wall and Mexico is going to pay for it, 100 percent. And it’s going to be a big wall. It’s going to be a real wall. It’s going to be as beautiful as a wall can be, but it’s going to be a real wall.”
While attempting to woo the Hispanic vote, of course.

From Politco: http://www.politico.com/story/2016/08/d ... z4II3CA57m
The only reason Mexico would pay for the wall would be to protect them from Drumpf.

Dolly

Post by Dolly »

Trump says he's open to 'softening' immigration laws in 'Hannity' town hall
Hannity asked Trump if he would change current parts of the law to accommodate law-abiding citizens or longtime residents who have raised children in the U.S.

"There could certainly be a softening because we're not looking to hurt people," Trump answered. "We want people -- we have some great people in this country."

"We have some great, great people in this country. But we’re going to follow the laws of this country and what people don’t realize -- we have very, very strong laws,” he told Hannity.

Throughout his presidential campaign, Trump has reiterated that if he is elected in November, he would deport the 11 million people living in the U.S. illegally.

He also said he wanted to follow the laws on immigration policy instead of creating new ones.

“We want to follow the laws, you know, we have very strong laws in this country. And you know Bush, and even Obama, sends people back. Now, we can be more aggressive on that but we want to follow the laws," he told Hannity. "If you start going around trying to make new laws in this country it’s a process that’s brutal. We want to follow the laws of the country, and if we follow the laws we can do what we have to do.”
The Republican nominee then said he "would come out with a decision very soon" about deportations.
At a rally in Austin later Tuesday, Trump made no mention of his possible shift on deportations, instead repeating his vow to build a wall to fortify the nation's southern border with Mexico and to eject immigrants here illegally who have committed criminal and violent acts.
<SNIP>
There is a video at the link:
http://www.foxnews.com/politics/2016/08 ... -hall.html

https://archive.is/n34CE

Trump polled the audience about what they would do about the immigration policy.
Sekrit Stuffs!
[facebook]1142314712522790[/facebook]

Avatar by Tal Peleg Art of Makeup https://www.facebook.com/TalPelegMakeUp
GreatGrey

Post by GreatGrey »

Drumph is about to speak in Jackson Mississippi. From the Clarion Ledger:
image.jpeg
http://www.clarionledger.com/story/news ... /89254650/

Why it's almost like Dubya never happened!
You do not have the required permissions to view the files attached to this post.

I am not "someone upthread".
Trump needs to be smashed into some kind of inedible orange pâté.

Return to “Presidential Election”