Donald Trump 2016

Skip Intro

Re: Donald Trump 2016

Post by Skip Intro »

I'm not going to underestimate what Trump's friend Putin would be willing to do to get Trump into the WH.

In the Trump era anything is true if enough people believe it.
gupwalla

Post by gupwalla »

I'm confident the fundamentals and trendlines and EV scenarios point to a Madam President Clinton.

Now I'm hoping (and working) for a Goldwater scenario. This cancer of authoritarianism needs to be excised, hard.

In a wilderness of mirrors, what will the spider do beyond the circuit of the shuddering Bear in fractured atoms? -TS Eliot (somewhat modified)

All warfare is based on deception. - Sun Tzu
Karen Walker

Post by Karen Walker »

SuzieC wrote:
Slim Cognito wrote:Trump admitting on camera he wanted to punch several people for things they said about him so blew my mind, I had to recheck the story this morning when I got up. I was thinking I'd surely dreamed it.
He said one person he really wanted to punch was "a little guy." I think he was talking about Bloomberg. It makes sense that Trump would be furiously enraged by Bloomberg's blunt remarks.
I hope I shouldn't need to clarify that I am in no way condoning anything Clownstick von Fuckface says. I believe he meant "hit" both literally (if he wasn't such a coward) & figuratively. It is worth noting that CvF considers his Twittertantrums as "hitting his haters".

Orlylicious
Location: @orly_licious With Pete Buttigieg and the other "open and defiant homosexuals" --Bryan Fischer AFA
Occupation: LDIT Supporters are "Shooketh"! -- Ali Akbar 11/29/20 #StuggersForBiden "Do Nothing Democrat Savage" -- Donald, 9/28/19 and "Scalawag...Part of an extreme, malicious leftist internet social mob working in concert with weaponized, socialized governments to target and injure political opponents.” -- Walt Fitzpatrick

Post by Orlylicious »

Trump should focus his time and money in New York and California since he's sure he can win there!

WTF, It's not his fault? :lol:
Donald Trump Faults GOP for Poor Convention Ratings
"I didn’t produce our show. I just showed up for the final speech."
Inae Oh Jul. 29, 2016 12:33 PM

Donald Trump is suddenly distancing himself from last week's Republican National Convention, after television ratings show that the Democratic National Convention consistently pulled in more viewers across the country for three consecutive nights.

"I didn't produce our show," Trump told the New York Times. "I just showed up for the final speech."

While the ratings for the fourth night have yet to be announced, Trump did appear anxious that Hillary Clinton's final convention night on Thursday would top his own. Earlier that morning, the Republican nominee sent a campaign letter to his supporters urging them not to tune in.
http://www.motherjones.com/politics/201 ... or-ratings
Ana Navarro ‏@ananavarro 1h1 hour ago
Ana Navarro Retweeted John Harwood

Trump said 1) he'd put on best convention; 2) bring the brightest stars; 3) huge ratings. Failed on all. Pobrecito.

John Harwood @JohnJHarwood
Trump to NYT after Democratic convention w/higher ratings, production values: "I didn’t produce our show. I just showed up for final speech"

Avatar: LDIT's Court FAILS. Fogbow's Favourite TV Show™ starring titular Mama June returns 3/21. TVShowsAce featured Fogbow love 5/26/20: https://bit.ly/2TNxrbS[/b]
Skip Intro

Post by Skip Intro »

Nothing is ever Trump's fault.

In the Trump era anything is true if enough people believe it.
TollandRCR

Post by TollandRCR »

bob wrote:...
Absent a major event (and Clinton doing the necessary work), Trump's post-convention bounce will likely be the high point of his popularity.
Everybody is afraid of that "major event." President Obama will still be in office. I trust him to respond appropriately and effectively to whatever Putin (or his surrogates) tries to pull. I trust Donald to make a fool of himself yet again.

“The truth is, we know so little about life, we don’t really know what the good news is and what the bad news is.” Kurt Vonnegut
esseff44

Post by esseff44 »

Skip Intro wrote:I'm not going to underestimate what Trump's friend Putin would be willing to do to get Trump into the WH.
I was listening to the Foreign Affairs writer for WaPo yesterday commenting on the Russian interference in elections. She said they have been doing it for 50 years and it is to be expected.

So far, this particular episode has backfired. There was nothing earthshaking in the released e-mails from the DNC and Trump's foolish response to them has set alarm bells off with the GOP leaders who still support him. I suspect it set off quite a few alarm bells all through the security agencies and intelligence services.

They could try some kind of massive cyber attack and disruption. That is one of the things that the expects have been warning about for years.

Slim Cognito
Location: Home to gators, pythons and now trump. trump is the only one that scares me.

Post by Slim Cognito »

Karen Walker wrote:
SuzieC wrote:
Slim Cognito wrote:Trump admitting on camera he wanted to punch several people for things they said about him so blew my mind, I had to recheck the story this morning when I got up. I was thinking I'd surely dreamed it.
He said one person he really wanted to punch was "a little guy." I think he was talking about Bloomberg. It makes sense that Trump would be furiously enraged by Bloomberg's blunt remarks.
I hope I shouldn't need to clarify that I am in no way condoning anything Clownstick von Fuckface says. I believe he meant "hit" both literally (if he wasn't such a coward) & figuratively. It is worth noting that CvF considers his Twittertantrums as "hitting his haters".
Ok, I get that. But, still....
archer-phrasing2-300x225.jpg
You do not have the required permissions to view the files attached to this post.

ImageImageImage x4
Slim Cognito
Location: Home to gators, pythons and now trump. trump is the only one that scares me.

Post by Slim Cognito »

So this happened.

Pence Scolds Obama For DNC Speech: Name Calling Has No Place In Politics!

http://talkingpointsmemo.com/livewire/m ... ace-public
irony.gif
You do not have the required permissions to view the files attached to this post.

ImageImageImage x4
Karen Walker

Post by Karen Walker »

image.jpg

PatGund

Post by PatGund »

Slim Cognito wrote:So this happened.

Pence Scolds Obama For DNC Speech: Name Calling Has No Place In Politics!

http://talkingpointsmemo.com/livewire/m ... ace-public

irony.gif
IOKIYAR

bob

Post by bob »

[youtube][/youtube]

Imagex6 Imagex2 Imagex4 Imagex2
woodworker

Post by woodworker »

RVInit wrote:
Skip Intro wrote:If anyone dares to fact check Trump during a debate he'll declare he's being treated unfairly and walk off the stage. He'll be on Fox "News" within minutes complaining about it.
:yeah: I believe so, too. It will be interesting to see what happens during debates. I'm guessing he will try to impose conditions that we have never before seen in a political debate. Not saying he will succeed, though. Unless Faux news is hosting it.
Also, too, he will rudely interrupt Clinton every time she speaks and complain when the moderators try to rein him in. After all, rules don't apply to him.

bring out the tumbrils. I am so fucking filled with pain and anger at what is going on in this country. I do deeply believe that if trump somehow retains power it will be the end of democracy in this country and the end of this country as we know it.
esseff44

Post by esseff44 »

In the long string of debates for the GOP primaries, Trump did not have much to say until closer to the end other than a few jabs at whoever the front runner appeared to be at the time.

BillTheCat

Post by BillTheCat »

SuzieC wrote:
a LOT of folks believe he was actually talking about the fellow with Dwarfism (he makes a YUGE point of saying "little" in describing the person, and since Trump doesn't do nuance, so he probably meant in stature). I'm sorry to say that I would not be surprised.

'But I don't want to go among mad people,' said Alice. 'Oh, you can't help that,' said the cat. 'We're all mad here.'
-Lewis Carroll
BillTheCat

Post by BillTheCat »

RoadScholar wrote:sticker,375x360.u1.png

My new favorite sticker. Ordered a box of 'em. :twisted:
I got some of these:

:twisted:

'But I don't want to go among mad people,' said Alice. 'Oh, you can't help that,' said the cat. 'We're all mad here.'
-Lewis Carroll
Sterngard Friegen

Post by Sterngard Friegen »

I hate to disagree with Karen Walker :kiss: but . . .

"Hit" has more than one meaning and Drumpf knows it. He has promoted actual physical violence at his events. I am not at all sure he meant "hit" in a figurative sense. He seems truly emasculated by criticism and threatening physical violence is usually what bullies do.

I wonder when he will start to act Presidential. (Probably after the Rapture.)

BillTheCat

Post by BillTheCat »

As far as the Russians/Benedict Assange goes, I'm sorry but I really can't get too worked up over the threat of more emails being released from the... DNC? OHS NOES, we may see some more insider primary politics! Heaven forbid!! :roll: :lol:

Sorry, I predict a full plate of Nothing Burgers with a side order of nothing. :nope:

-Lewis Carroll
vic

Post by vic »

BillTheCat wrote:
SuzieC wrote:
a LOT of folks believe he was actually talking about the fellow with Dwarfism (he makes a YUGE point of saying "little" in describing the person, and since Trump doesn't do nuance, so he probably meant in stature). I'm sorry to say that I would not be surprised.
Looks like he meant Michael Bloomberg:

"Little" Michael Bloomberg, who never had the guts to run for president, knows nothing about me. His last term as Mayor was a disaster!

Karen Walker

Post by Karen Walker »

Sterngard Friegen wrote:I hate to disagree with Karen Walker :kiss: but . . .

"Hit" has more than one meaning and Drumpf knows it. He has promoted actual physical violence at his events. I am not at all sure he meant "hit" in a figurative sense. He seems truly emasculated by criticism and threatening physical violence is usually what bullies do.

I wonder when he will start to act Presidential. (Probably after the Rapture.)
You aren't disagreeing with me. :kiss: Trump WOULD like to physically hit someone but he is a coward. The only way he "hits" is by throwing insults. He does this on purpose to rile his audience into physical reactions so he doesn't have to & to couch himself in deniability when he is later criticized.

Sterngard Friegen

Post by Sterngard Friegen »

Phew. Shall we:

:bar:

Karen Walker

Post by Karen Walker »

BillTheCat wrote:As far as the Russians/Benedict Assange goes, I'm sorry but I really can't get too worked up over the threat of more emails being released from the... DNC? OHS NOES, we may see some more insider primary politics! Heaven forbid!! :roll: :lol:

Sorry, I predict a full plate of Nothing Burgers with a side order of nothing. :nope:
I agree. If and that's a very big IF they have anything truly damaging they won't release it until closer to the election when it would be too late to correct, debunk or heaven forbid... replace her on the ballot.

bob

Post by bob »

Sterngard Friegen wrote:"Hit" has more than one meaning and Drumpf knows it.
Cf. Slate: Trump Admits the DNC Hurt His Feelings and Made Him Want to Lash Out:
Trump wrote:You know what I wanted to. I wanted to hit a couple of those speakers so hard. I would have hit them. No, no. I was going to hit them, I was all set and then I got a call from a highly respected governor. ‘How’s it going Donald?’ I said, ‘Well it’s going good but they’re really saying bad things about me. I’m going to hit them so hard.’ I was gonna hit one guy in particular, a very little guy. I was gonna hit this guy so hard his head would spin and he wouldn't know what the hell happened. … I was going to hit a number of those speakers so hard their heads would spin, they’d never recover, and that’s what I did—that’s why I still don’t have a lot of people endorsing me—they still haven’t recovered.
To be fair, by the time Trump was done it was obvious that he wasn’t talking about physically assaulting anyone. His eventual claim that he did the same thing to his Republican rivals during the primary suggests he’s talking about going after his opponents verbally or on Twitter. Also, the former reality star frequently uses the verb to hit rhetorically. He’s not a total outlier on the matter; politicos and the press frequently describe politics in terms of combat—commercials are attack ads, debates are boxing matches, and campaigns are war (or, in Slate’s case four years go, one big and bloody video game).

Still, as you can see in the clip above, Trump’s fans can’t get enough of his macho act, and the clear pleasure they derive from this particular show comes from the double meaning of the word hit. They might not want Trump to actually throw a punch at his opponent, but they love imagining it. Trump, in turn, is always happy to play along. The fact that beating up on the “little guy” (in this case, probably Michael Bloomberg[*]) is what passes for an applause line at his rally is hardly a coincidence.

More striking to me, though, is that both sides believe they can use Trump’s tough-guy act to their advantage. The overarching narrative of the DNC criticism of Trump was that he is a thin-skinned bully who can’t be trusted to keep his cool when provoked. And here was Trump, in effect, saying the very same thing—to cheers.
* Teh Twitter:
Trump wrote:"Little" Michael Bloomberg, who never had the guts to run for president, knows nothing about me. His last term as Mayor was a disaster!
Nb.: Rubio was also "little"; Trump coyly is suggesting that his reference to "a very little guy" was Bloomberg, and, not, ya know, the actual person with dwarfism.

Imagex6 Imagex2 Imagex4 Imagex2
Karen Walker

Post by Karen Walker »

Sterngard Friegen wrote:Phew. Shall we:
:bar:
:daydream:

Karen Walker

Post by Karen Walker »

I just heard Sam Clovis, DJT spokesperson say on teh teevee with a serious straight face in response to Khan's speech that, "Mr. Trump has never once called for banning Muslims in the US."
The MSNBC host didn't push back on that blatant lie.
:brickwallsmall:
Liberal media bias, my ass. No Democrat would EVER get away with this crap.

Return to “Presidential Election”