Donald Trump 2016

mimi

Donald Trump 2016

Post by mimi » Thu Feb 17, 2011 8:12 pm

:lol: The Donald.I hear he's probably not going to run. Word is he gave a pile of money to Rahm's campaign. For some, that translates into Trump not running. I don't get it, but okay.

ducktape

Donald Trump 2016

Post by ducktape » Thu Feb 17, 2011 8:57 pm

He doesn't want to be the king, but he fancies being the king-maker.Of course, he's not going to be either ... but hey! Orly likes him!

Princess foofypants

Donald Trump 2016

Post by Princess foofypants » Fri Feb 18, 2011 12:46 pm

No way could the Donald withstand the scrutiny. My guess is that he out there more than usual in an attempt to get some hype for his upcoming craptastic season of Celebrity Apprentice with "celebrities" like Gary Busey, David Cassidy and Nene Leakes.Someone should ask him if his precious Ivanka or Donald Jr could be President since their mother Ivana isn't American.

TollandRCR

Donald Trump 2016

Post by TollandRCR » Fri Feb 18, 2011 12:52 pm

One of the things that would come out about Trump is simply that he is a very mean person. That would show up in his reactions to questions from voters, in the debates, and perhaps in his own speeches. He does not tolerate disagreement with him and is very thin-skinned. Anger would not serve him well.
“The truth is, we know so little about life, we don’t really know what the good news is and what the bad news is.” Kurt Vonnegut

kate520

Donald Trump 2016

Post by kate520 » Fri Feb 18, 2011 1:03 pm

Plus, from the CPAC picture of him...when did he get so ugly? Or is that his spirit shining through?
DEFEND DEMOCRACY

TollandRCR

Donald Trump 2016

Post by TollandRCR » Fri Feb 18, 2011 1:05 pm

Plus, from the CPAC picture of him...when did he get so ugly? Or is that his spirit shining through?I think that is the real Donald Trump.
“The truth is, we know so little about life, we don’t really know what the good news is and what the bad news is.” Kurt Vonnegut

realist

Donald Trump 2016

Post by realist » Fri Feb 18, 2011 1:08 pm

How could he lose if he runs? Orly is pimping him. :P :evil: [/break1]orlytaitzesq.com/?p=19122]http://www.orlytaitzesq.com/?p=19122 :evil: This re-inforces my point, that Trump might be a better candidate for Pres than PalinRecent statements by Trump show him:a. Questioning Obama’s eligibilityb. Suggesting need for tariffs on cheap foreign products in order to stimulate US manufacturingPalin appears to be managed by the official GOP establishment and she is pushing an official GOP line: she is not questioning eligibility and she is not questioning sanity of movuing all the manufacturing to the third World countries.When you couple this with Trumps much better economic background, education and his better acceptance by most independents and moderate Democrats, he might be the best choice among all the Republicans so far. If Michelle Bachmann wakes up and jumps on the band wagon of these issues, she might be a good candidate too, but so far she is silent on both issues, which seem to me essential in overturning Obama legislation and tackling the crashing debt of over 5 trillion dollars of Obama idiocy. here is an e-mail from one of my supporters:
ImageX 4 ImageX36

bogus info

Donald Trump 2016

Post by bogus info » Sat Mar 05, 2011 2:04 pm

I've noticed on some of these blogs/facebook that they are seriously considering Donald Trump. :shock: It appears he may belong to this Church:[/break1]rca.org/SSLPage.aspx?pid=6633]https://www.rca.org/SSLPage.aspx?pid=6633Here is some more info on Trump:[/break1]answers.com/topic/donald-trump]http://www.answers.com/topic/donald-trumpAccording to the above article, he doesn't shake hands---germs. :lol: Also, in 2000, according to the article, he supported universal health care.[/break1]about.com/od/famous_family_trees/p/trump.htm]http://genealogy.about.com/od/famous_fa ... /trump.htmAccording to the above article, Trump's grandfather immigrated to U.S. from Germany in 1885 and became a citizen in 1892.

bogus info

Donald Trump 2016

Post by bogus info » Sat Mar 05, 2011 2:13 pm

Actually, this is probably the church Trump belongs to:[/break1]collegiatechurch.org/?q=content/about-us]http://www.collegiatechurch.org/?q=content/about-us

verbalobe

Donald Trump 2016

Post by verbalobe » Sat Mar 05, 2011 2:17 pm

b. Suggesting need for tariffs on cheap foreign products in order to stimulate US manufacturingShe really has not a clue how the world really works, does she?

She probably has no awareness that for every pairwise relationship between any two international trading partners, there is a decades-long history of negotiation and treaty, governing every variety of push-pull, pro-con, incentive-sanction, import-export, etc.

For key partners, and especially those where the politics complicate the trade, like S Korea and China, there is a constantly shifting real politik. Individual industries lobby. Raw materials supply ebbs and flows. Multinational conglomerates seek out cheap labor and favorable regulatory climates.

Carter (or perhaps Bush Sr.?) imposed tariffs on foreign car imports, and Toyota and others managed to get SUV's classified as trucks (not cars) for international trade purposes. Were they then treated as 'trucks' (highway tolls, parkway restrictions, weigh stations, taxes) once they were in US showrooms? Of course not.

And at a meta level: she's not suggesting that, in general, central government planners should be responsible for national prosperity, is she? There's a word for that.... it'll come to me....

Edit: Carter/Bush

Sterngard Friegen

Donald Trump 2016

Post by Sterngard Friegen » Sat Mar 05, 2011 2:25 pm

Plus, from the CPAC picture of him...when did he get so ugly? Or is that his spirit shining through?I think that is the real Donald Trump.I thought there would be a reptilian vibe in there somewhere. Perhaps we could ask the Post & EMail for the sekrit photos.

poutine

Donald Trump 2016

Post by poutine » Sat Mar 05, 2011 3:07 pm

One of the things that would come out about Trump is simply that he is a very mean person. That would show up in his reactions to questions from voters, in the debates, and perhaps in his own speeches. He does not tolerate disagreement with him and is very thin-skinned. Anger would not serve him well.Plus, he's really not that smart. He may be even dimmer than Sarah Palin, although he does appear to be well-read. His answers to tough questions are usually not that impressive. I think he'd be a terrible campaigner.

Hektor

Donald Trump 2016

Post by Hektor » Sat Mar 05, 2011 4:31 pm

Trump will - after becoming President - tax China. I suppose, he will send the Cavalry if they refuse to pay ..

From the link,

What I would be doing," Trump said, "is, I'd be taking in hundreds of billions of dollars from other countries. As an example, we protect South Korea. Why aren't they paying us?Uh, wouldn't that be like taxation without representation? Shoot, I seem to remember back 250 years or so ago the British wanted some of their colonies to pay the costs of the French and Indian War. I can't remember what exactly happened as I am not the genius behind The Apprentice, but I'm sure that President Trump's plan will go over equally well.

verbalobe

Donald Trump 2016

Post by verbalobe » Sat Mar 05, 2011 4:41 pm

What I would be doing," Trump said, "is, I'd be taking in hundreds of billions of dollars from other countries. As an example, we protect South Korea. Why aren't they paying us?Uh, wouldn't that be like taxation without representation? Shoot, I seem to remember back 250 years or so ago the British wanted some of their colonies to pay the costs of the French and Indian War. I can't remember what exactly happened as I am not the genius behind The Apprentice, but I'm sure that President Trump's plan will go over equally well.Plus, too... isn't it OUR INTERESTS that we're really 'protecting'? I don't think we would be doing it otherwise.

And what reward do we get from protecting our interests (sea lanes, military projection, regional influence, etc.)? Well. Let me see.

OUR INTERESTS???

Morons.

Addie

Donald Trump 2016

Post by Addie » Mon Mar 07, 2011 2:28 pm

Interesting. From [/break1]politico.com/blogs/bensmith/0311/Another_Stone_connection_in_the_Trump_campaign.html?showall]Ben Smith about [/break1]drafttrump2012.com/]Draft Trump 2012 connecting to, ta dum, [/break1]newyorker.com/reporting/2008/06/02/080602fa_fact_toobin]dirty trickster Roger Stone, who has been a lobbyist for Trump, but who Trump claims is not part of his campaign.The strange, chimerical Donald Trump presidential flotation is widely expected to dissolve at the point it either prevents a television station from giving him free airtime or requires that he discloses details of his oft-disputed claims to great wealth.Still, it's being fueled to the hilt at the moment, with an adviser in Des Moines today and a notionally independent "Draft Trump" movement up and and running.A reader, though, noted a curious fact about "Draft Trump": Though notionally helmed by a public-spirited young veteran in St. Louis (above), the contact number listed on some of its press releases is the same number listed for the stunt 2010 stunt campaign of Kristen Davis for governor of New York, a convicted madam who claimed to have procured prostitutes for Eliot Spitzer.The number is answered by Andrew Miller, who while volunteering for Davis's campaign was paid by Carl Paladino's, an arrangement the Times described as "highly unusual." He's also reportedly the stepson of the long-time assistant to one...Roger Stone.
Democracy is a garden that has to be tended. -Barack Obama

realist

Donald Trump 2016

Post by realist » Thu Mar 17, 2011 9:38 am

In an interview this morning on GMA, The Donald takes swipes at foreign policy, sez give him a couple of ships he'd wipe the pirates off the face of the earth, blah, blah, blah.He says he has "just a little doubt" about Obama's citizenship/eligibility cuz... he grew up and nobody knew him, no one's come forward who knew him, and it's "really strange." He stated that anyone who even hints at being a birther is labled as an idiot, but... he's a really smart guy.I say if the shoe fits, Donald.Sez he's never been more serious about a presidential run, can fund it himself with hundreds of meeeelyons of his own dollars (waaaaaaay more than 600mm if needed) but... didn't commit.His priority is not to redecorate the Oval Office but to redecorate America... we need infrastructure, etc. Sounds like spending money to me. 8>
ImageX 4 ImageX36

Foggy

Donald Trump 2016

Post by Foggy » Thu Mar 17, 2011 10:19 am

"The reason I have a little doubt, just a little, is because he grew up and nobody knew him."I wonder where he "learned" that? What has he been reading? Who has he been talking to?

mimi

Donald Trump 2016

Post by mimi » Thu Mar 17, 2011 10:32 am

“Let me tell you, I’m a really smart guy. I was a really good student at the best school in the country. The reason I have a little doubt, just a little, is because he grew up and nobody knew him.If I ever got the nomination, if I ever decide to run, you may go back and interview people from my kindergarten. They'll remember me. Nobody ever comes forward. Nobody knows who he is until later in his life. It's very strange. The whole thing is very strange.”There's a clip over there. I'd take this as the first sign that he's at least mildly serious about running.You don't lay it on the line like that and risk getting branded an extremist just to drum up publicity. Even if you're Donald Trump.[/break1]thehill.com/2011/03/trump-flirts-with-birtherism.html]http://gop12.thehill.com/2011/03/trump- ... erism.htmlReally? Cuz I still don't buy it. I don't think he's serious at all.

Princess foofypants

Donald Trump 2016

Post by Princess foofypants » Thu Mar 17, 2011 11:28 am

If the Donald goes birther, you think he realizes that he is keeping his own children by Ivana and Melania from being eligible to be President. Ivanka and little Barron may be pissed at daddySekrit Stuffs!
Yes, I am embarassed to know all those Trump names :oops:

mimi

Donald Trump 2016

Post by mimi » Thu Mar 17, 2011 11:50 am

What better time for every Tom, Dick, Donald and Nutjob to run for President than in 2012? Barring a total re-meltdown of our economy because of what's happening in Japan, an epic fail in Afghanistan, or a failure to improve the jobs situation, Pres Obama will be re-elected and the entire Republican Party knows it. Because of this, I think the Repubs are going to pick a full-on nutjob to run against Obama - and the nutjobs and opportunists like Trump can smell it already. If you know you're going to lose, why even try with a serious candidate? The embarassment of an ass-kicking by an effete, elitist, mocha-colored, formerly-afroed body surfer will taint any serious candidate for 2016. I think the Repubs are gonna save their A (?) players for 2016 and put forth a field of whackos as pinatas for Pres Obama.Poll: Obama Weak, But 2012 GOPers Even Weaker[/break1]talkingpointsmemo.com/2011/03/poll-obama-weak-but-2012-gopers-even-weaker.php]http://tpmdc.talkingpointsmemo.com/2011 ... weaker.phpNot that I think it will remain that way. I'm just happy they don't have a formidable candidate. But it's about the jobs. And GOP is doing everything they can to prevent job growth, even though they campaigned on just that issue.

realist

Donald Trump 2016

Post by realist » Thu Mar 17, 2011 12:10 pm

The Donald's flirtation with birfistan did not go unnoticed by Orly. :P Donald Trump, first birther Presidential candidate. Other Republican presidential candidates need to stand up as birthers or lose the nomination!Posted on | March 17, 2011 | No CommentsAs I’ve written time and again, so far Donald Trump is the only one speaking out about Obama not having proper papers and not being qualified. He does have the money to fight the Saudi machine and he is right about the need to go back to sanity of tariffs to divest from China and re-invest in America, re-invest in American jobs. Our children need jobs and none of the other candidates has the guts or the financial strength to stand up to the American oligarchy running the show, and demand tariffs. I know that some of the readers of this blog are skeptical about Trump. I am not blind, I see the negatives, but nobody is perfect, and [highlight]given the field of candidates, at the moment he is the best bet to remove from office usurper Obama.[/highlight] =)) =)) [highlight]Can one of the supporters in NY forward to Trump the info on Obama’s Social Security fraud?[/highlight] I don’t have any contact with Trump or Trump organization and [highlight]I don’t believe he has all the info on ObamaFraudGate, particularly SS fraud[/highlight].I hope someone sends all her "info" and The Donald makes contact with her... best thing that could happen to his campaign is to be associated with Orly. \ :D /
ImageX 4 ImageX36

BFB

Donald Trump 2016

Post by BFB » Thu Mar 17, 2011 12:51 pm

Donald Trump, speaking to ABC's Ashleigh Banfield this am:"Everybody that even gives any hint of being a birther -- a word you didn't use -- even a little bit of a hint like 'gee, you know, maybe, just maybe this much of chance,' they label them as an idiot," he told Banfield."Let me tell you, I'm a really smart guy," Trump continued. "I was a really good student at the best school in the country. The reason I have a little doubt -- just a little -- is because he grew up and nobody knew him.""When you interview people, if I ever got the nomination, if I ever decide to run, you may go back and interview people from my kindergarten. They'll remember me. Nobody ever comes forward. Nobody knows who he is until later in his life.""It's very strange. The whole thing is very strange," he added.Mr. Trump, you're an idiot.

mimi

Donald Trump 2016

Post by mimi » Thu Mar 17, 2011 12:56 pm

Somebody warned The Donald. :P [/break1]com/_ccm/status/48426024823824384]

realist

Donald Trump 2016

Post by realist » Thu Mar 17, 2011 12:59 pm

Somebody warned The Donald. :P [/break1]com/_ccm/status/48426024823824384] :lol: :lol: :-bd :-bd
ImageX 4 ImageX36

Return to “Presidential Election”