John E. Bush 2016

Sterngard Friegen

Re: John E. Bush 2016

Post by Sterngard Friegen » Tue Jul 12, 2016 7:56 pm

Exactly. And, apparently, he's the smart member of the Bush family.

Family Liberty Patriot

Post by Family Liberty Patriot » Tue Jul 12, 2016 8:51 pm

OK, I'm not gonna link it, but it's still there; 'way back in 2014, I said the following about Jeb! here on TFB:
Look, being smart by Bush standards DOES NOT MAKE ONE AN 'INTELLECT.'
And I was pretty much told that no, Jeb! is real smart, for real.

I was right. A child of privilege getting good grades is indicative of privilege, not necessarily of ability nor even of effort. He has never demonstrated any above-average intellectual prowess at all.

"The modern conservative is engaged in one of man's oldest exercises in moral philosophy; that is, the search for a superior moral justification for selfishness."

John Kenneth Galbraith (1908 - 2006)

Skip Intro

Post by Skip Intro » Tue Jul 12, 2016 8:58 pm

Sterngard Friegen wrote:Exactly. And, apparently, he's the smart member of the Bush family.
That is possible. Look at brother George dancing away at the Dallas memorial service today in the Best Youtubes thread.

In the Trump era anything is true if enough people believe it.

Paul Lentz

Post by Paul Lentz » Tue Jul 12, 2016 10:20 pm

All right. So, I'll say this, but with reluctance but honesty. Jeb Bush was not an awful governor of Florida. He wasn't even the worst governor of my lifetime (although I'd have to research that a bit for some proper comparisons). Jeb made what I believe were some dreadful and stupid decisions while he was our governor, but those decisions were completely resonant with his own stated values and agenda, so no surprise.

But in that god-awful moment of natural disaster (which comes around for some governors, but not for all), i.e. the devastating hurricanes of 2004--an event which, over the summer of that year devastated Florida, and which presented an immediate need for solid and effective, no bullshit, leadership, Jeb was a champ...beyond solid and effective, more than I (or anyone else I know) expected or anticipated.

And then, once that crisis had passed, Jeb became, once more, an asshole in pursuit of idiocy.

But I'm never going to forget that summer of 2004, when great swaths of this state, and huge portions of our population were in panic and devastation and Jeb didn't just step up to the plate, he hit multiple homeruns for the state, and the citizens, of Florida. I always took some interest in the comparison (shortly) later of his brother the Shrub in the aftermath of Katrina as W's praise of "Brownie, you did a heck of a job," while the people of New Orleans and the Gulf Coast of Louisiana, Texas, Mississippi, Alabama (and Florida) were dessimated.

Regardless, I certainly would have never voted for Jeb for President. But--out of fairness--I wanted to say that there were moments during Jeb's governorship when he did shine, and those moments generally occurred when the grits actually hit the pan in an immediate and critical situation for the people of Florida.

I hope he enjoys his obscurity.

The love of power will not win over the power of love.
Orlando, Florida 6/12/16

Gnarly Goat

Post by Gnarly Goat » Sun Jul 17, 2016 8:35 am

Jeb continues his Whiny Crybaby Tour with an oped in today's Washington Post.

While he makes it clear that he rejects Trump, he places the blame for his rise clearly at the feet of....wait for it... Obama.
Jeb Bush: Trump does not represent the future of the country — or the GOP

As much as I reject Donald Trump as our party leader, he did not create the political culture of the United States on his own.

Eight years of the divisive tactics of President Obama and his allies have undermined Americans’ faith in politics and government to accomplish anything constructive. The president has wielded his power — while often exceeding his authority — to punish his opponents, legislate from the White House and turn agency rulemaking into a weapon for liberal dogma.

In turn, a few in the Republican Party responded by trying to out-polarize the president, making us seem anti-immigrant, anti-women, anti-science, anti-gay, anti-worker and anti-common-sense.
https://www.washingtonpost.com/opinions ... story.html

"Don't waste time mourning. Organize." - Joe Hill

Sam the Centipede

Post by Sam the Centipede » Sun Jul 17, 2016 10:41 am

Gnarly Goat wrote:Jeb continues his Whiny Crybaby Tour with an oped in today's Washington Post.

While he makes it clear that he rejects Trump, he places the blame for his rise clearly at the feet of....wait for it... Obama.

As much as I reject Donald Trump as our party leader, he did not create the political culture of the United States on his own.

Eight years of the divisive tactics of President Obama and his allies have undermined Americans’ faith in politics and government to accomplish anything constructive. The president has wielded his power — while often exceeding his authority — to punish his opponents, legislate from the White House and turn agency rulemaking into a weapon for liberal dogma.

In turn, a few in the Republican Party responded by trying to out-polarize the president, making us seem anti-immigrant, anti-women, anti-science, anti-gay, anti-worker and anti-common-sense.
Wow! So JEB? is saying that Republicans are such weak, weedy wimps that they have their policies and attitudes forced on them by the Democrats!

Shorter JEB?: "Republicans are pathetically nasty and nastily pathetic."

The truth can sometimes be painful.

Sterngard Friegen

Post by Sterngard Friegen » Sun Jul 17, 2016 10:48 am

John E. (JEB) Bush blubbered:
Wear it? Own it!

Family Liberty Patriot

Post by Family Liberty Patriot » Sun Jul 17, 2016 10:56 am

Jeb Bush wrote: Trump does not represent the future of the country
You are correct, sir.
— or the GOP
Wanna bet?

"The modern conservative is engaged in one of man's oldest exercises in moral philosophy; that is, the search for a superior moral justification for selfishness."

John Kenneth Galbraith (1908 - 2006)

qbawl

Post by qbawl » Sun Jul 17, 2016 11:56 am

Gnarly Goat wrote:Jeb continues his Whiny Crybaby Tour with an oped in today's Washington Post.

:snippity:

SEEEM? And a fine job they did of that. Bush seems to have bought a clue even though he had to resort to trashing the President on his journey of (semi) enlightenment.

Hektor

Post by Hektor » Sun Jul 17, 2016 11:57 am

Silly me, I must have missed the part where President Obama put a gun to the heads of the Republican leadership and said "You will embrace the Tea Party and tell them what they want to hear!" It was President Obama who said and did nothing about whispers loud angry klaxons about how "Barry Soetoro" was a sekrit Muslim who was part of some communist plot to destroy America. It was President Obama who made promises to the Republican base about how winning the House in 2010 and the House and the Senate in 2014 would allow them to undo everything bad they blamed on the president.

You know, if President Obama is a dangerous, polarizing, left-wing radical then you do have an option to tack to the centre rather than the far right. Maybe you wouldn't have taken back the House in 2010 or the Senate in 2014, but maybe you might have been better positioned in the 2012 and 2016 Presidential elections.

Notorial Dissent

Post by Notorial Dissent » Sun Jul 17, 2016 12:10 pm

Sam the Centipede wrote:Wow! So JEB? is saying that Republicans are such weak, weedy wimps that they have their policies and attitudes forced on them by the Democrats!

Shorter JEB?: "Republicans are pathetically nasty and nastily pathetic."

The truth can sometimes be painful.
And the Dems made them do it. :sick: Blind squirrel axiom applies, but he is right on a number of levels, even if unintentionally. The thing is that the GOP is going down that mud slide. I think the big problem is that their real nature, at least of a good portion of the modern party, has finally surfaced.

The fact that you sincerely and wholeheartedly believe that the “Law of Gravity” is unconstitutional and a violation of your sovereign rights, does not absolve you of adherence to it.

Orlylicious

Post by Orlylicious » Sun Aug 07, 2016 2:59 am

I am so jealous of Ben, what a fabulous night for him!
This guy’s random encounter with Jeb Bush is going viral
By Elise Viebeck August 5

It’s a testament to the poignancy of Jeb Bush’s presidential wipeout that even now, close to six months after he left the race, the Internet is still curious what he’s up to. People are so curious, in fact, that humor about Jeb!-in-defeat has become its own Internet genre. Take the Onion, which has produced some of the best examples.
CORAL GABLES, FL—Staring unblinkingly ahead Thursday night as Donald Trump’s presidential acceptance speech at the Republican National Convention played on the television in front of him, former GOP candidate Jeb Bush reportedly whispered “Low-Energy Jeb” to himself while sitting alone in the dark. “Low-Energy Jeb; Low-Energy Jeb,” the two-term governor of Florida is said to have quietly mumbled under his breath, his expressionless, stubble-covered face and stained T-shirt lit only by the flickering glow of the TV set while he sat on the sofa in his basement rec room, a day-old and half-empty Chinese food takeout container sitting on the side table next to him as he fixedly watched his former competitor in the presidential race speak to a packed arena. “Weak candidate. Weak. By far the weakest of the lot.” At press time, a faint smile had curled across the onetime presidential frontrunner’s chapped lips as he muttered a fully memorized victory speech aloud, thanking the people of Iowa for their resounding support and telling a nonexistent crowd of supporters that they had launched him on his path to the White House.
But, as viral sensations go, nothing beats real life. So perhaps it’s no surprise that a college student’s random encounter with Bush is taking off online. It happened on a sidewalk in downtown Boston on Tuesday night, Emerson College student Ben Bailey wrote on his Facebook page. “Tonight, my life was made,” Bailey wrote. We’ll let him take it from here:
I saw a familiar face pass by me. A face that has so commonly been associated with defeat. Jeb! Bush. All alone dressed in a full suit with an American flag pin on his lapel while carrying a box of papers.I froze in place as he passed me and out of sheer ecstasy and astonishment I say “whoa.”I couldn’t believe my eyes. I was probably dreaming. I mean, seeing Jeb! Bush walk down Boylston in front of Emerson College, the school that has more love for Jeb! Bush than any other collegiate institution?! I had to be dreaming …

I run up to him in the middle of the street andmy heart is racing. “Mr. Bush!” I exclaim. Jeb! turns around and I am at a loss for words. It is him. He doesn’t say anything really, just a blank, somewhat confused/defensive expression on his face. At this point my memory is fuzzy due to the adrenaline and heavily concentrated joy that was going through my body. I said something along the lines of “I just wanted to say that I respect you for standing up against Trump during the debates and staying true to your beliefs.” With a sheepish smile on his face he says “Well. Thank you.” I ask for a picture, and then he leaves.
You can read the rest of the story here, which ends with Bush disappearing “into the night.” In the meantime, here’s Bailey’s selfie with Bush, from his Facebook page:
https://www.washingtonpost.com/news/pow ... ing-viral/

OK, Jeb! wasn't just wandering. Boston Globe:
Jeb Bush was in Boston — but he wasn’t ‘wandering’
By Steve Annear Globe Staff August 05, 2016

Jeb Bush wants to set the record straight: He wasn’t “wandering” around the streets of Boston this week — he was just coming back from a meal, and headed for his hotel. After an excitable Emerson College student, Benjamin Bailey, posted a lengthy tale about running into Bush on Boylston Street Tuesday night, under cover of darkness, the former Republican presidential candidate said in an e-mail to the Globe that he was merely going from Point A to Point B, not taking a leisurely summer stroll in solitude.

“I wasn’t wandering,” Bush said, adding a smiley-face emoticon to his response. “I was walking back from dinner to my hotel when I met the young guy.” Bush signed the e-mail, “Onward, Jeb.” Jeb Bush used a smiley emoticon in his e-mail to Globe reporter Steve Annear. When asked why he was in town, Bush merely replied, “Business” — and then stopped e-mailing.
In a telephone interview, Bailey recounted whathe likened to finding “the ultimate Pokemon GO” character in the wild.
http://www.bostonglobe.com/metro/2016/0 ... story.html

tek

Post by tek » Sun Aug 07, 2016 6:00 pm

More human than Trump could ever be.

Digging the snow and the rain and the bright sunshine.

Orlylicious

Post by Orlylicious » Sun Sep 18, 2016 11:49 pm

:thumbs: :lol: He says Jeb Exclamation Point!

Jeb Bush crashed the Emmys :)
Published on Sep 18, 2016

Not only that, but the Republican politician practically stole the show with a brutally hilarious bit about how running a campaign with a positive message will never resonate with the American public.

(Here's another version since the 1st came down)
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=8cKwEmY-uYI

esseff44

Post by esseff44 » Mon Sep 19, 2016 2:36 pm

Disney blocked for copyright issues, but if you search you can find it with 'Jeb bush emmy skit.'

Orlylicious

Post by Orlylicious » Wed May 31, 2017 6:04 pm

Jeb! loses again, to a Romney no less. :lol:
Jeb Marlins.JPG
Jeb Bush and Derek Jeter will not be buying the Miami Marlins
By Charles Gasparino , Brian Schwartz Published May 30, 2017

The deal that would have paired the 2016 GOP presidential hopeful, Jeb Bush, and former New York Yankee star, Derek Jeter, is dead.

FOX Business has confirmed that the investment team -- which once held the "preferred bid" to purchase the baseball franchise for $1.34 billion -- has dropped out of the race to buy the team after failing to come up with enough cash to secure the deal.

Jeter, the former All-Star short stop for the New York Yankees, may jump to another investor group to fulfill his post-baseball dream of owning a team, these people say. But with Bush, the former Florida governor and 2016 GOP presidential candidate out of the running, the leading investor group to buy the team appears to be the one headed by Tagg Romney, a wealthy private equity executive.

Romney has bid around $1 billion or possibly more for the money-losing team.
http://www.foxbusiness.com/features/201 ... clear.html

Jeb! 2020! Take Donald On Again!
You do not have the required permissions to view the files attached to this post.

Orlylicious

Post by Orlylicious » Sat Jul 01, 2017 10:19 am

:thumbs: Email Mike and you'll get yours too! We did, we're getting ours, they're free :P
Jeb.JPG
You do not have the required permissions to view the files attached to this post.

Orlylicious

Post by Orlylicious » Tue Jan 09, 2018 8:48 pm

:lol: :lol: :lol: Poor Jeb.
Trump: Immigration solution should be a 'bill of love'
BY JORDAN FABIAN - 01/09/18 12:27 PM EST 6,922

President Trump said Tuesday that lawmakers should pass a “bill of love” to resolve the fate of young immigrants who benefit from an Obama-era program he scrapped last year at an extraordinary bull session in the White House Cabinet Room with lawmakers from both parties.

“I hope we’re going to come up with an answer for DACA,” Trump said, referring to the Deferred Action for Childhood Arrivals (DACA) program.

The unusual setting allowed Democrats and Republicans alike to exchange their views on-camera for roughly an hour over the complicated immigration talks. The meeting was shown on tape, shortly after it concluded, on cable news.

"Well, that was a unique meeting," Democratic Sen. Dick Durbin (Ill.) quipped to reporters on the West Wing driveway.
http://thehill.com/homenews/administrat ... ll-of-love

Jeb Bush: Many illegal immigrants come out of an ‘act of love’
By Ed O'Keefe April 6, 2014

Former Florida governor Jeb Bush said Sunday that many who illegally come to the United States do so out of an "act of love" for their families and should be treated differently than people who illegally cross U.S. borders or overstay visas.
https://www.washingtonpost.com/news/pos ... 7195eb6dc5

Return to “Presidential Election”