Lord Monckton

Sterngard Friegen

Re: Lord Monckton

Post by Sterngard Friegen »

Apuzzo, the drink driving lawyer, is not on this definitive list. But by your methodology, Larry Klayman and Orly Taitz are the most influential civil rights lawyers in the United States.

After spending 5 minutes reading your posts this morning, gsgs, I lost 10 IQ points.

Chilidog

Post by Chilidog »

gsgs wrote:I'm thankful that CM did that calculation and I wished others would repeat it,
giving their subjective probabilities. It would have led to a better discussion,
you can better see what the main arguments are, where the priorities lie.

It had been one of my main projects in internet, in life to encourage such subjective
probability estimates for a more advanced examination and analysis.
Especially with the H5N1 pandemic threat in 2006, unfortunately the
great majority of experts was unwilling to give their subjective probability estimates,
instead using unclear phrases like "half of mankind could die".
But what probability is "could" ?
Monkeybutt, is that you?

gsgs

Post by gsgs »

wiki mentions him in at least 3 cases
https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Barack_Ob ... litigation
clearly a key figure, no matter, what names and attributes you give to him.
See, you can't "decide" anything by this method.
The birthers will do the same for the "obots" ... it reduces the quality of the discussion.

Sterngard Friegen

Post by Sterngard Friegen »

Very silly attempt to support your bizarre and wrong arguments. A key figure in frivolous birther litigation is not the same as key figure in constitutional law.

Reality Check

Post by Reality Check »

Chilidog wrote:...
Monkeybutt, is that you?
gsgs is Guenter Stertenbrink. He is a German who has posted at Obama Conspiracy Theories blog as Foreigner and several other forums and blogs as "gsgs" including mine. I am not outing him since he identified himself on Doc's blog. gsgs has contributed some useful information at nbc's blog that help show that the JPG part of the WH LFBC pdf was constructed with the same characteristics as other PDF's scanned on Xerox WorkCentre's.

I think the odd construction of his posts is due to the use of a German-English translation program or something. Others have told him that this makes them hard to read but he doesn't seem to care.
"“If you’re not outraged, you’re not paying attention.”

Heather Heyer, November 2016

realist

Post by realist »

Sterngard Friegen wrote:Very silly attempt to support your bizarre and wrong arguments. A key figure in frivolous birther litigation is not the same as key figure in constitutional law.
:yeah:
ImageX 4 ImageX36

realist

Post by realist »

! Message from: realist
Just a gentle reminder...

gsgs (whether you like or agree with him or not, is a member in good standing on this forum, and has been for years. Please remember the rules here and don't engage in personal attacks against other members. Not that I've seen that yet (but pretty close... and on both sides). Just sayin'.

And thank you for your cooperation.

Carry on. :-D
ImageX 4 ImageX36

Reality Check

Post by Reality Check »

I was never in favor of confining gsgs to FEMA camp. He isn't a Birther. I allow him to comment freely on my blog.

gsgs

Post by gsgs »

some others like Reality Check think that using long lines is better and insult those who don't.
We argued about this long ago and I think that I demonstrated that there are good reasons
to use short lines in these forums (i.e. sidescroll with some browsers, difficulty editing)
and others agree with me on this.
Not that I think it's important, just because people here used it as an "argument"

Reality Check

Post by Reality Check »

I suppose by the standards used by gsgs Sharon Meroni and Tracy Fair are esteemed Constitutional attorneys. :brickwallsmall:

gsgs

Post by gsgs »

the difference is, that Apuzzo is all over the birther-constitution discussion scene,
while Monckton has next to nothing to do with the math-scene or math-puzzle scene,
or probability-scene despite his occasional claims.
I would consider him a "key figure" in the climate change discussion, though.
Not that I ageed with him on that, just a key-figure

Reality Check

Post by Reality Check »

There are recognized criteria for being recognized as a "key figure" in a profession or area of scientific discussion. Those are things like having papers peer reviewed and published in journals, winning awards, recognition by other scholars in the same field, and for attorneys actually constructing winning arguments in courts of law. Writing lots of words on a blog or in comments on obscure articles is meaningless. Neither Apuzzo nor Monckton come close to being "key figures" in any field. They are both crackpots.

gsgs

Post by gsgs »

and, btw. I solved that CM puzzle in 2000 and for ~1 month my subjective probability
was ~50% that I'd win the million and was discussing with friends whether to take the money
or the castle, that he offered as an alternative. At that time we talked a lot about him on the
puzzle's mailing list and he was a frequent subject of discussion in some usenet groups.
I remember one poster "banana" on the "Princess Diana conspiracies" forum or such talking
in length about his speculated involvement in MI5,MI6,Cyprus-Irak war,his Uncle? as advisor
of King Eduard, the 7 boxes, his Sister and Diana, etc. ... I forgot the details.
CM just only posted to the list to claim for his copyright, no discussion with him
about the puzzle. He was no Lord by that time (but "Laird" ?) and we called him CM.

gsgs

Post by gsgs »

key figure
n. an important person in an event; a person central to an event.

Patagoniagirl

Post by Patagoniagirl »

gsgs wrote:and, btw. I solved that CM puzzle in 2000 and for ~1 month my subjective probability
was ~50% that I'd win the million and was discussing with friends whether to take the money
or the castle, that he offered as an alternative. At that time we talked a lot about him on the
puzzle's mailing list and he was a frequent subject of discussion in some usenet groups.
I remember one poster "banana" on the "Princess Diana conspiracies" forum or such talking
in length about his speculated involvement in MI5,MI6,Cyprus-Irak war,his Uncle? as advisor
of King Eduard, the 7 boxes, his Sister and Diana, etc. ... I forgot the details.
CM just only posted to the list to claim for his copyright, no discussion with him
about the puzzle. He was no Lord by that time (but "Laird" ?) and we called him CM.
Who won the puzzle?

gsgs

Post by gsgs »

Selby and Ryordan won the million pounds, they never even spent a thought on taking the castle instead.
http://www.archduke.org/eternity/
They found their solution 6 weeks before me. No other submissions were known at scrutiny.
Subsequently we could still improve the programs a lot and found ~1 solution per week in 2003.

Anyone here who wants to run the old programs to find more solutions ?
Make the thousand full with modern hardware to show the failure of CM's
analysis in 1999 that it were so hard and a computer won't solve it.

Selby and Riordan then helped to design Eternity 2 for Monckton and it was clear
from the brginning (IMO) that Eternity 2 was too hard, takes ~10^25 years to solve,
while my initial estimate for Eternity 1 - well in summer 1999 - was ~100 years

bob

Post by bob »

gsgs wrote:key figure
Ergo, Apuzzo is a key figure in the birther world. Apuzzo is not a key figure in the legal world.
Imagex6 Imagex2 Imagex4 Imagex2

realist

Post by realist »

bob wrote:
gsgs wrote:key figure
Ergo, Apuzzo is a key figure in the birther world. Apuzzo is not a key figure in the legal world.
Exactly.
ImageX 4 ImageX36

gsgs

Post by gsgs »

Apuzzo was one of the most mentioned figures in that wikipedia article
about "Barack Obama presidential eligibility litigation"
Wikipedia is not birtherish !?
So at least in this area of constitutional elegibility he should be considered a key figure.(IMO)
You're maybe just against it because you don't like him ?

gsgs

Post by gsgs »

E.g. although rarely mentioned and not a juristical person, Woodman should also be
considered as one of the key figures in that area IMO. He wrote a lot about it
and entered the debate. Well, this is "should", not that he "is" by that definition.

CM being all over the news may be considered a key figure
but despite his claims, he has no real expertise in math, document analysis,
forensics, image software

gsgs

Post by gsgs »

As a non-mathematician and non-programmer presumably CM did no own serious analysis on
how difficult it was to solve Eternity 1 on a computer.
But I think he consulted a mathematician, I speculate it was Singmaster.
But Singmaster was not specialized in programming such puzzles and probably had not so much time.
CM could just have posted to rec.puzzles and he would probably have gotten more
realistic estimate from PH or QS or such.
But CM wouldn't do such things.
Like Zullo would not consult Obots.

bob

Post by bob »

gsgs wrote:Apuzzo was one of the most mentioned figures in that wikipedia article
about "Barack Obama presidential eligibility litigation"
Wikipedia is not birtherish !?
So at least in this area of constitutional elegibility he should be considered a key figure.(IMO)
You're maybe just against it because you don't like him ?
Birtherism is a joke in the legal world. All real scholars have already and easily concluded that President Obama is eligible; anyone who doesn't get it by now is a crank.

That Apuzzo is heavily mentioned in an article about people espousing psuedolaw is further proof that Apuzzo is not taken seriously in the legal world.
Imagex6 Imagex2 Imagex4 Imagex2

TollandRCR

Post by TollandRCR »

Why are we taking gsgs seriously enough to respond?
“The truth is, we know so little about life, we don’t really know what the good news is and what the bad news is.” Kurt Vonnegut

Foggy

Post by Foggy »

TollandRCR wrote:Why are we taking gsgs seriously enough to respond?
Don't make me assume my ultimate form!

(Fogbow on PayPal)

Whatever4

Post by Whatever4 »

Foggy wrote:
TollandRCR wrote:Why are we taking gsgs seriously enough to respond?
Slow news day.
"[Moderate] doesn't mean you don't have views. It just means your views aren't predictable ideologically one way or the other, and you're trying to follow the facts where they lead and reach your own conclusions."
-- Sen. King (I-ME)

Return to “Lesser Lights”