Lord Monckton

rosy

Lord Monckton

Post by rosy » Fri Jun 15, 2012 11:51 am

I do apologise on behalf of all my British compatriots that this idiot has embraced birtherism.A short note about his background - he's a climate change denier who used to hold himself out as a member of the Upper House of Parliament of the UK, until the House of Lords sent him (and [/break1]parliament.uk/documents/lords-information-office/2011/letter-to-viscount-monckton-20110715.pdf]posted online) a cease and desist letter, as he is not and has never been eligible to sit in the Lords.According to George Monbiot, he once [/break1]guardian.co.uk/environment/georgemonbiot/2010/jul/14/monckton-john-abraham]falsely claimed to be a Nobel Laureate, and falsely claimed to have "won" the Falklands War.Controversially, he once claimed that in order to halt the spread of AIDS, everyone should be blood tested once a month and those infected should be compulsorily and permanently quarantined.Frankly, why anyone would believe a word he says is a mystery.I'm having trouble with videos today but I'm informed that [/break1]youtube.com/watch?v=hwcuKcvCBgc] this is one to watch.
 ! Message from: realist
FIFY :D

Foggy

Lord Monckton

Post by Foggy » Fri Jun 15, 2012 12:32 pm

Frankly, why anyone would believe a word he says is a mystery.Americans are suckers for a British accent. Maybe 1% can tell the difference between Cockney and public school and Irish or Australian. We think they're all super-sophisticated, especially if they know how to wear clothing that fits and have the word "Lord" in their name. There are 10,000 illegal alien Brits in SoCal, but aren't they a hit at the pubs in L.A.? Not a one of the morons who are listening to Monckton here goes any deeper than that. If he embarrasses the Brits, think how embarrassed we are by those who believe in him!

"When my fist clenches, crack it open,
before I use it and lose my cool,
and when I smile, tell me some bad news,
before I laugh, and act like a fool."
- The Who

BillTheCat

Lord Monckton

Post by BillTheCat » Fri Jun 15, 2012 12:53 pm

I'm perplexed as to why anyone in either the US or the UK gives this nobody any attention at all. :-k

'But I don't want to go among mad people,' said Alice. 'Oh, you can't help that,' said the cat. 'We're all mad here.'
-Lewis Carroll

esseff44

Lord Monckton

Post by esseff44 » Fri Jun 15, 2012 1:06 pm

When I hear him, I always think of Monty Python's spoofs.

TexasFilly

Lord Monckton

Post by TexasFilly » Fri Jun 15, 2012 1:11 pm

When I hear him, I always think of Monty Python's spoofs. :-bd Me too!

I love the poorly educated!!!

I believe Anita Hill!

CentristDad57

Lord Monckton

Post by CentristDad57 » Fri Jun 15, 2012 1:49 pm

This may have been posted elsewhere in the forum but it's one of my favorite interviews of Lord Monckton.

chinacreekpj

Lord Monckton

Post by chinacreekpj » Fri Jun 15, 2012 2:04 pm

I've never watched any interviews with a Lord or a fake Lord like Monkton or given a shit what anyone born into a title thought about anything, but I have noticed that Monkton has crazy eyes. Yes I know he has a disease.

rosy

Lord Monckton

Post by rosy » Fri Jun 15, 2012 2:19 pm

Thanks for fixing it, realist! Though I still only get black squares for videos ever since I upgraded something, blasted computers.He has Graves disease, but he claims to have cured it.

Bran Mak Morn

Lord Monckton

Post by Bran Mak Morn » Fri Jun 15, 2012 3:25 pm

He's a con-artist, and has been sued for being one many times (false claims about himself, I think there was a contest which he gave which fell apart, etc). His Alex Jones video is full of lies -- like about Obama sealing records (using a truth about how Obama sealed presidential records, following tradition, to indicate he sealed his "past records," making it look like what is involved in HI is from him, not the law long established in Hawaii). I've seen his misrepresentation of facts often. However, the reason he is "somebody" is he is "conservative" and the "conservative" talk show hosts have used him for many things like climate change denial. Of course, it is always funny to hear Alex "Fema" Jones talk to the Mo[n]ck[ton], when it was the Mock's own intention to round up AIDS people in a very brutal, FEMA-camp kind of way!

Lola_Getz

Lord Monckton

Post by Lola_Getz » Fri Jun 15, 2012 3:36 pm

I'm perplexed as to why anyone in either the US or the UK gives this nobody any attention at all. :-kFor the most part, no one in the UK does.

chinacreekpj

Lord Monckton

Post by chinacreekpj » Fri Jun 15, 2012 3:54 pm

I've decided to follow monckton's example, from now on all you pissants will address me as LORD chinacreekpj, tyvm, for if you don't I shall hold my breath until my eyes pop out!

kate520

Lord Monckton

Post by kate520 » Fri Jun 15, 2012 4:01 pm

He is a grave disease...acute moronitis.

DEFEND DEMOCRACY

mimi

Lord Monckton

Post by mimi » Fri Jun 15, 2012 4:06 pm

I've never watched any interviews with a Lord or a fake Lord like Monkton or given a shit what anyone born into a title thought about anything, but I have noticed that Monkton has crazy eyes. Yes I know he has a disease.you might like the "hampster wheel" interview anyway. :P We have some stuff on Monckton here. A link to the letter where they tell him to stop referring to himself as "Lord", cuz he isn't one. And a link to a post showing how he uses a logo that closely resembles that of the House of Lords.[/break1]com/deltoid/2009/05/05/monckton-caught-making-things/]http://scienceblogs.com/deltoid/2009/05 ... ng-things/[/break1]treehugger.com/corporate-responsibility/house-of-lords-tells-climate-skeptic-lord-monckton-stop-pretending-youre-one-of-us.html]http://www.treehugger.com/corporate-res ... of-us.html[/break1]wordpress.com/2010/08/16/the-monckton-files-goodbye-pink-portcullis/]http://bbickmore.wordpress.com/2010/08/ ... ortcullis/[/break1]wordpress.com/2010/08/28/the-monckton-files-pink-portcullis-update/]http://bbickmore.wordpress.com/2010/08/ ... is-update/You'll note that he used that fake logo in his Birfer thingy I posted yesterday (or maybe the day before?)He's like the male version of Orly. Wild accusations. Ignores the law and property rights of others. And nada. Nothing ever happens to him. He's just mocked.

Loren

Lord Monckton

Post by Loren » Thu Jun 28, 2012 11:04 am

Monckton on Peter Boyles this morning:[/break1]khow.com/cc-common/podcast/single_page.html?more_page=1&podcast=fullshow_boyles&selected_podcast=06282012peter7am_1340894369_9129.mp3]http://www.khow.com/cc-common/podcast/s ... 9_9129.mp3

Paul Pieniezny

Lord Monckton

Post by Paul Pieniezny » Thu Jun 28, 2012 11:55 am

By the way, I've got Graves and I know it cannot be cured. You CAN cure the symptoms however. Today most people with hyperthyroidism live normal lives, taking their medicine every day. (sometimes "normal" needs to be qualified, after some time the patient may develop a hormone condition triggered by the medicine that would lead to a new hyperthyroid reaction. The solution is taking a masking pill, that will of course set off alarms during drug tests in sport competitions, so you need a special doctor's affidavit to practise most sports.)If Monckton still has Marty Feldman eyes, he is NOT cured. Of course, Monckton once got the message that Graves (and to some extent also HIV) can be cured without consulting a doctor into the party programme of UKIP. Complete nutters, all of them and if the Almighty and Merciful God wants to strike them with a horrible disease as punishment, let it be Alzheimer's.
Edit: Do we have this one yet? It is linked from his Wikipedia article: http://www.independent.co.uk/news/uk/po ... 94184.html

borealis

Lord Monckton

Post by borealis » Thu Jun 28, 2012 3:17 pm

By the way, I've got Graves and I know it cannot be cured. You CAN cure the symptoms however. Today most people with hyperthyroidism live normal lives, taking their medicine every day. (sometimes "normal" needs to be qualified, after some time the patient may develop a hormone condition triggered by the medicine that would lead to a new hyperthyroid reaction. The solution is taking a masking pill, that will of course set off alarms during drug tests in sport competitions, so you need a special doctor's affidavit to practise most sports.)If Monckton still has Marty Feldman eyes, he is NOT cured. Of course, Monckton once got the message that Graves (and to some extent also HIV) can be cured without consulting a doctor into the party programme of UKIP. Complete nutters, all of them and if the Almighty and Merciful God wants to strike them with a horrible disease as punishment, let it be Alzheimer's.
Edit: Do we have this one yet? It is linked from his Wikipedia article: http://www.independent.co.uk/news/uk/po ... 94184.html
Barbara Bush, who has Graves, was given radioactive iodine to destroy her thyroid and is on hormones now.

mimi

Lord Monckton

Post by mimi » Wed Oct 03, 2012 7:00 pm

Mark Hoofnagle calls Monckton a birther. Monckton shows up in the comments to disagree. :P [/break1]com/denialism/2012/10/02/monckton-goes-birther-demonstrates-crank-magnetism/]http://scienceblogs.com/denialism/2012/ ... magnetism/It seems the guy who is not a lord has a google search set up.

ProudObot

Lord Monckton

Post by ProudObot » Sun Oct 21, 2012 10:13 pm

I really think Sacha Baron Cohen is the best guess. After all, Baron and Lord are kinda similar. :lol:

SueDB

Lord Monckton

Post by SueDB » Sun Oct 21, 2012 10:35 pm

I've seen this guy before....Oh yes several years ago...

“If You're Not In The Obit, Eat Breakfast”

Remember, Orly NEVAH disappoints!

bob

Lord Monckton

Post by bob » Wed Oct 31, 2012 10:56 am

Via [/break1]com/11282]OBC:ORYR [/break1]blogspot.com/2012/10/washington-times-ad-michelle-obama.html]reports this is a Washington Times ad.

Imagex6 Imagex2 Imagex4 Imagex2

mimi

Lord Monckton

Post by mimi » Wed Oct 31, 2012 11:34 am

That ends with "it's total transparency time, Barry". What a schmuck.

Loren

Lord Monckton

Post by Loren » Wed Oct 31, 2012 11:52 am

This seems worth drawing attention to:

"father's birth date wrong 40:1"

Really?

First of all, the birth certificate doesn't actually contain a "father's birth date." So kudos on the attention to detail there, Christopher.

Second, it only gives the father's age, which it says was 25. And there are a [/break1]scribd.com/doc/54015762/Barack-Hussein-Obama-Sr-Immigration-File]bunch of immigration records where Obama Senior gave his birthdate as 6/18/36. Which would mean that in August 1961, he would be...25.

Admittedly, on other records Obama Senior said his birth year was 1934. But all that tells us is that he was inconsistent; it doesn't even tell us which year is *correct*.

Moreover, it shows how Monckton is just pulling numbers out of the ether when he says that the odds of a 1936 birthyear are "40:1". Where does that number come from, and why is it so high? I guess that means there's only a 1 in 40 chance that this grave marker in Kenya is authentic, then:

http://image1.findagrave.com/photos/200 ... 947799.jpg

AnitaMaria

Lord Monckton

Post by AnitaMaria » Wed Oct 31, 2012 12:05 pm

I'm impressed with this piece of statistical wizardry:

Reigstrar's signature stamp-all on one electronic layer, so it can be moved: 100:1 against (actually impossible)So, they did some calculation of the probability of an impossible thing happening and determined that there is a 100:1 chance that this impossible thing could actually happen. :-?

Slartibartfast

Lord Monckton

Post by Slartibartfast » Thu Nov 01, 2012 3:13 pm

I'm impressed with this piece of statistical wizardry:

Reigstrar's signature stamp-all on one electronic layer, so it can be moved: 100:1 against (actually impossible)So, they did some calculation of the probability of an impossible thing happening and determined that there is a 100:1 chance that this impossible thing could actually happen. :-?What makes it true idiocy is that, rather than being impossible (except in cases of forgery), there are very good reasons for the signature stamp (which is qualitatively distinctive) to have been placed on a single layer by an algorithmic process making it perfectly plausible.

This suggests that the probability that Mr. Monckton is a numerically illiterate hack approaches 1.

"Strategy without tactics is the slowest route to victory. Tactics without strategy is the noise before defeat."
---Sun Tzu (quoting Thomas Jefferson)
nam-myoho-renge-kyo---Thomas Jefferson (quoting Slartibartfast)

DaveMuckey

Lord Monckton

Post by DaveMuckey » Thu Nov 01, 2012 3:35 pm

Great Britain should really begin extradition proceedings on this fop. I think there is room in some cold, dank medieval dungeon where he might be kept in captivity.

Return to “Lesser Lights”