Butterdezillion

TollandRCR

Re: Butterdezillion

Post by TollandRCR » Sat Aug 20, 2016 5:15 pm

And for that reason, she may consider her husband to be demented. Note that she said nothing about a physician's diagnosis.
“The truth is, we know so little about life, we don’t really know what the good news is and what the bad news is.” Kurt Vonnegut

Sterngard Friegen

Post by Sterngard Friegen » Sat Aug 20, 2016 5:17 pm

TollandRCR wrote:And for that reason, she may consider her husband to be demented. Note that she said nothing about a physician's diagnosis.
:yeah:

Dolly

Post by Dolly » Sat Aug 20, 2016 5:18 pm

TollandRCR wrote:And for that reason, she may consider her husband to be demented. Note that she said nothing about a physician's diagnosis.
I just had a horrible thought.

Munchausen syndrome by proxy
Avatar by Tal Peleg Art of Makeup https://www.facebook.com/TalPelegMakeUp

Sterngard Friegen

Post by Sterngard Friegen » Sat Aug 20, 2016 5:38 pm

:winner:

realist

Post by realist » Sat Aug 20, 2016 5:43 pm

If true, can't help but feel for the family. Her husband has been removed from his position and is considered "non-candidate status" for any position at his church.

Didn't say it was because of any illness, however.

Could be because of her. Could be his illness. Could be a totally unrelated reason.

As the Dick Tater sez... More will be revealed, I reckon.
ImageX 4 ImageX36

raicha

Post by raicha » Mon Aug 22, 2016 2:33 pm

Sterngard Friegen wrote:The woman is seriously mentally ill, so I don't believe her diagnosis of her husband having dementia. I think it may be more attention getting behavior on her part.
Whatever is going on, Nathan Ristvedt has been on "non-candidate" status since last July. In the Lutheran Missouri Synod, this often happens for health reasons. The pastor remains on the church rolls but is unavailable for a ministry assignment.

raicha

Post by raicha » Mon Aug 22, 2016 2:38 pm

realist wrote:If true, can't help but feel for the family. Her husband has been removed from his position and is considered "non-candidate status" for any position at his church.

Didn't say it was because of any illness, however.

Could be because of her. Could be his illness. Could be a totally unrelated reason.

As the Dick Tater sez... More will be revealed, I reckon.
Didn't see anywhere that Pastor Nathan was "removed", but might have missed that. At any rate, he would apply for non-candidate status his very own self.

http://swd.lcms.org/wp-content/uploads/ ... ill-in.pdf

http://swd.lcms.org/resources/church-worker-resources/

realist

Post by realist » Mon Aug 22, 2016 2:42 pm

And her daughter's Facebook page is about Alzheimer's.
ImageX 4 ImageX36

Notorial Dissent

Post by Notorial Dissent » Mon Aug 22, 2016 8:28 pm

I suspect, that in this case, that Butter is telling, as she usually does, a small portion of the truth, with the rest embroidered and enlarged to suit her current fantasies. I am very sorry for the family as that is not something I would wish on anyone, and unfortunately, Butter being Butter will just make it all the worse. She truly is mentally ill.
The fact that you sincerely and wholeheartedly believe that the “Law of Gravity” is unconstitutional and a violation of your sovereign rights, does not absolve you of adherence to it.

Northland10

Post by Northland10 » Mon Aug 22, 2016 8:48 pm

raicha wrote:Didn't see anywhere that Pastor Nathan was "removed", but might have missed that. At any rate, he would apply for non-candidate status his very own self.

http://swd.lcms.org/wp-content/uploads/ ... ill-in.pdf

http://swd.lcms.org/resources/church-worker-resources/
IIRC, he did leave without much mention but if there was early onset of Alzheimer, I doubt a church would publish that, out of privacy concerns. In addition, in many denominations, it is expected that departing clergy will not be attending the church they just left, even if it was a retirement. It can be problematic for a new pastor to develop a relationship with the congregation (or for the interim to prepare the congregation for a new call) if the incumbent is still around.
North-land: of the family 10

UCC 1-106 Plural is Singular, Singular is Plural.

Plutodog

Post by Plutodog » Mon Aug 22, 2016 8:58 pm

Sounds strange to me...aren't they all still brothers and sisters in Christ, who is the head pastor? Why would having the ex-pastor a concern in God's house? :think:
The only good Bundy is an Al Bundy.

MN-Skeptic

Post by MN-Skeptic » Tue Aug 23, 2016 12:18 am

I do believe that ButterNut's husband has dementia. I just don't believe B's explanation. B does not believe in simple explanations when a conspiracy of evil will do instead. Per B:
After somebody here posted about black-ops poisons that mimic Alzheimers I tested my husband and daughter and found elevated levels of arsenic, cadmium, and lead (among other things) - which Australian research shows to be a potent, fast “poison cocktail” which very quickly produces Alzheimers-like symptoms including elevated Alzheimers proteins which means it will always be diagnosed as Alzheimers-related. It’s the perfect poison because the amplifying combination allows environmental levels of each heavy metal to be used so that if anybody suspects and checks during the poisoning it will seem environmental (and yes, we checked for environmental sources of these poisons and found none). If they check after the poisoning there won’t even be environmental levels found in urine or blood; the poisons will only be detected in the body tissues using a chelation test, which traditional medicine won’t do (but Mayo Clinic trusts the results of a chelation test). What WILL show up is brain damage and evidence of “an Alzheimers type process”. It’s a fast, perfect way to get away with deliberately giving somebody dementia.
I'm not going to spend any time researching this, but I could see unscrupulous companies peddling heavy metal testing kits to paranoid folks like B. Why on earth would B's husband and daughter be the subject of a black-ops poison? It makes no sense! Except in B's fertile imagination where conspiracies are rampant and the obvious answer for all things out of the ordinary.
Hidden Content
This board requires you to be registered and logged-in to view hidden content.
MAGA - Morons Are Governing America

Notorial Dissent

Post by Notorial Dissent » Tue Aug 23, 2016 1:17 am

Like I said, mentally ill and delusional.
The fact that you sincerely and wholeheartedly believe that the “Law of Gravity” is unconstitutional and a violation of your sovereign rights, does not absolve you of adherence to it.

Judge Mental

Post by Judge Mental » Tue Aug 23, 2016 3:50 am

MN-Skeptic wrote:I do believe that ButterNut's husband has dementia. I just don't believe B's explanation. B does not believe in simple explanations when a conspiracy of evil will do instead. Per B:
After somebody here posted about black-ops poisons that mimic Alzheimers I tested my husband and daughter and found elevated levels of arsenic, cadmium, and lead (among other things) - which Australian research shows to be a potent, fast “poison cocktail” which very quickly produces Alzheimers-like symptoms including elevated Alzheimers proteins which means it will always be diagnosed as Alzheimers-related. It’s the perfect poison because the amplifying combination allows environmental levels of each heavy metal to be used so that if anybody suspects and checks during the poisoning it will seem environmental (and yes, we checked for environmental sources of these poisons and found none). If they check after the poisoning there won’t even be environmental levels found in urine or blood; the poisons will only be detected in the body tissues using a chelation test, which traditional medicine won’t do (but Mayo Clinic trusts the results of a chelation test). What WILL show up is brain damage and evidence of “an Alzheimers type process”. It’s a fast, perfect way to get away with deliberately giving somebody dementia.
I'm not going to spend any time researching this, but I could see unscrupulous companies peddling heavy metal testing kits to paranoid folks like B. Why on earth would B's husband and daughter be the subject of a black-ops poison? It makes no sense! Except in B's fertile imagination where conspiracies are rampant and the obvious answer for all things out of the ordinary.
Hidden Content
I'm trying to imagine what on earth I would do if my wife and the woman I love (or both of them...boom boom.....I'll be her all week folks :-D )came to me with a spiel like that. Small wonder the poor fellah is ill :doh:

listeme

Post by listeme » Tue Aug 23, 2016 5:54 am

Plutodog wrote:Sounds strange to me...aren't they all still brothers and sisters in Christ, who is the head pastor? Why would having the ex-pastor a concern in God's house? :think:
I suspect you are being tongue in cheek, but this is policy in the denomination I grew up in, too. Give the new guy a chance to develop his own leadership etc.

It's hard enough without loyalists tearing down all your new ideas.

Edit to add: unofficial policy but set in stone, the way these things are.
We're used to being told it's our fault that men don't listen to us.

Patagoniagirl

Post by Patagoniagirl » Tue Aug 23, 2016 6:12 am

Alzheimer's-type and Dementia-type symptoms can be symptoms of other underlying medical conditions. Abnormally low oxygen level due to COPD, liver, kidney failure just to name a few. it is dangerous and unnecessarily dangerous for a non-doctor to assume AZ or dementia. I vote with Dolly and Stern on Munchhausen. Poor guy, no matter the diagnosis.

Lani

Post by Lani » Tue Aug 23, 2016 6:28 am

Yep, there are a lot of other conditions to consider before early onset Alzheimers.

If he has early onset, my sincere condolences for him and his family. They are not prepared for what will be required of them in the next few years. It is heartbreaking and devastating.
Insert signature here: ____________________________________________________

DejaMoo

Post by DejaMoo » Tue Aug 23, 2016 9:07 am

Sterngard Friegen wrote:The woman is seriously mentally ill, so I don't believe her diagnosis of her husband having dementia. I think it may be more attention getting behavior on her part.
Could be projection - whatever her husband has told her she has, she puts back onto him. In short, "I'm not the demented one - he is!"
I've heard this bull before.

AgentOrangeTabby

Post by AgentOrangeTabby » Thu Dec 01, 2016 1:08 am

MN-Skeptic wrote:
Hidden Content
So yes, it is puzzling.
A year late in reading this, but damn that's an impressively & credibly resourceful use of public information. I hear Butter sometimes dabbles in that. So how might she, herself, interpret all that ebidence if she were us (or something)?! :doh:
"I meant," said Ipslore bitterly, "what is there in this world that truly makes living worthwhile?"

Death thought about it. "CATS," he said eventually. "CATS ARE NICE."

~Terry Pratchett's Sourcery

Estiveo

Post by Estiveo » Thu Dec 01, 2016 1:32 am

Obviously, her husband has been replaced by a ninja in a wet suit and Butter is being held until the black helicopters come.
Image Image Image Image Image

Sam the Centipede

Post by Sam the Centipede » Thu Dec 01, 2016 4:42 am

Estiveo wrote:Obviously, her husband has been replaced by a ninja in a wet suit and Butter is being held until the black helicopters come.
Silly! The de Zillion family (Pastor, Butter and pets) have been put into protective custody by the Special Operations Unit of the Maricopa Cold Case Posse on the direct orders of Executive Commander-in-Chief Michael "Truthseeker" Zullo acting on the recommendation of the Special Adviser to the Presidential Investigations Squad, Archbishop Carl "Faithful" Gallups. The de Zillions will remain hidden until after the planned and impending press conference about the Posse's investigations into why a black man was allowed near the White House without their permission.

I know this is true because I imagined Carl Gallups saying it. Or I read in a pdf. Or Reed Hayes told me. Or Orly Taitz put it on her website. Or something

Anyway it's as true as any of the crap those shit-shovelers spew. I.e. not.

Estiveo

Post by Estiveo » Thu Dec 01, 2016 8:05 am

:lol: Sounds right to me.
Image Image Image Image Image

raicha

Post by raicha » Thu Dec 01, 2016 2:27 pm

Rumor has it that Pastor is inactive as he is the victim of early Alzheimer's.

As discussed on this very page...

noblepa

Post by noblepa » Fri Dec 02, 2016 10:30 am

listeme wrote:
Plutodog wrote:Sounds strange to me...aren't they all still brothers and sisters in Christ, who is the head pastor? Why would having the ex-pastor a concern in God's house? :think:
I suspect you are being tongue in cheek, but this is policy in the denomination I grew up in, too. Give the new guy a chance to develop his own leadership etc.

It's hard enough without loyalists tearing down all your new ideas.

Edit to add: unofficial policy but set in stone, the way these things are.
If pastor Bill retires, replaced by Pastor Tom, but Bill continues as a congregant, other members, who had developed a close relationship with Bill, might look to Bill to second-guess everything Tom says or does, undermining his emerging relationship with the congregation.

Churches are not immune to internal politics, by any means. In many Protestant churches, the local church council (or some such body), selects a new minister from a list of candidates. If one or more members of the council objected to the choice of Tom to replace Bill, they might make it their mission to undermine Tom. Having Bill around might make that easier. Bill might even be an enthusiastic participant, especially if he didn't really want to retire.

For the same reasons, retired Pope Benedict, who stepped down in 2013 to become Pope Emeritus, never makes public appearance or statements. To do so would undermine confidence in current Pope Francis.

Northland10

Post by Northland10 » Fri Dec 02, 2016 1:20 pm

In many Episcopal Diocese, it is official policy for the many of the same reasons. If the outgoing rector (the Episcopal version of the senior pastor), they are also to refuse any pastoral requests from their former congregants and direct them to the current parish clergy, or clergy for other parishes.

In some cases, with permission of the Bishop and current rector, some clergy could return as congregants but there usually needs to be a bit of separation and and an understanding of the proper boundaries. Because of our structure, a retired priest would still be under the jurisdiction of a bishop so his authority to participate in pastoral acts are governed by this jurisdiction.
North-land: of the family 10

UCC 1-106 Plural is Singular, Singular is Plural.

Return to “Lesser Lights”