Alex Jones

Whip

Re: Alex Jones

Post by Whip » Wed Feb 27, 2019 5:11 pm

dumbass in litigation goes on Rogan podcast and blames 'anomalies'

Notorial Dissent

Post by Notorial Dissent » Wed Mar 06, 2019 7:31 pm

Jones has decided to change law firms ahead of the upcoming depositions apparently for lack of anything better to do.
The fact that you sincerely and wholeheartedly believe that the “Law of Gravity” is unconstitutional and a violation of your sovereign rights, does not absolve you of adherence to it.

Whip

Post by Whip » Wed Mar 06, 2019 8:02 pm

Notorial Dissent wrote:
Wed Mar 06, 2019 7:31 pm
Jones has decided to change law firms ahead of the upcoming depositions apparently for lack of anything better to do.
well, it will give him a reason to delay the inevitable.

Volkonski

Post by Volkonski » Fri Mar 29, 2019 3:40 pm

Alex Jones Testimony Exposes Pipeline Between Infowars And YouTube, 4Chan

https://www.huffpost.com/entry/alex-jon ... 11dbaf?0ua
He’s now being sued by parents of Sandy Hook victims for causing emotional distress and encouraging threats against them. In a deposition this month as part of one of the lawsuits, Jones attempted to shift some of the blame for the promulgation of the Sandy Hook lies. But in doing so, he ended up revealing new details about the inner workings of Infowars as well as laying bare the symbiotic relationship between sites like YouTube, 4chan and his own website.

During the interview, Mark Bankston, who represents Scarlett Lewis, whose son was killed in the 2012 Sandy Hook shooting, repeatedly attempts to get Jones to admit that all the “chatter” and “experts” he refers to on Infowars is actually just made up or is concocted by anonymous online shitposters.

:snippity:

Jones regularly invites YouTube conspiracy theorists as guests on his show. He had on career “truthers” like James Fetzer, who wrote the book Nobody Died at Sandy Hook, and Peter Klein, whose conspiracy documentary about the school shooting, titled “We Need to Talk About Sandy Hook,” was subsequently banned from YouTube, along with Jones himself.

Jones also admits that 4chan, the favorite anonymous message board of extremists and trolls, was a regular source for his segments. He claims that mainstream media outlets propagated conspiracy theories like Pizzagate before he did and deserve the blame (he failed to mention that the mainstream media didn’t regurgitate the Pizzagate conspiracy whole ― he did, and he was forced to apologize).
Full Transcript is here-

Image“If everyone fought for their own convictions there would be no war.”
― Leo Tolstoy, War and Peace

Flatpointhigh
Occupation: Voice Actor, Podcaster, I hold a Ph.D in Procrastination.

Post by Flatpointhigh » Fri Mar 29, 2019 3:44 pm

My Name is...
Daffy Duck.. woo hoo!
Cancer broke me

Orlylicious
Location: With Pete Buttigieg and the other "open and defiant homosexuals" --Bryan Fischer AFA
Occupation: "Do Nothing Democrat Savage" -- Donald, 9/28/19 and "Scalawag...Part of an extreme, malicious leftist internet social mob working in concert with weaponized, socialized governments to target and injure political opponents.” -- Walt Fitzpatrick

Post by Orlylicious » Fri Mar 29, 2019 6:23 pm

From HuffPo:

The deposition, which was released publicly on Friday, shows Jones in the hot seat as he attempts to explain his reasoning for spending years falsely claiming that the school shooting in Newtown, Connecticut ― which left 20 children and six adults dead ― was a hoax. He is being sued by nine family members of loved ones who died in the shooting, including Scarlett Lewis, who is suing Jones for intentional infliction of emotional distress. Lewis is represented by Mark Bankston of the Texas law firm Farrar & Ball. HuffPost has also included the full transcript.

The full deposition was uploaded to YouTube by Farrar & Ball.
Part 1:
Part 2:
Photo: In honor of Lt Root Beer! Support the 699th: https://www.facebook.com/Imperial-Illum ... 259897297/
Don't miss The Fogbow's Favorite TV Show starring the titular Mama June Shannon -- "Mama June: From Not To Hot!"

pipistrelle

Post by pipistrelle » Fri Mar 29, 2019 6:30 pm

He looks mighty unhealthy for a man who pushes health-inducing magic pills.

SLQ

Post by SLQ » Sat Mar 30, 2019 1:03 am

So apparently, Jones was suffering g from a self-diagnosed psychosis die to the lying media. He now realizes “some” of the things, like Sandy Hook, were real. How convenient.

https://www.nbcnews.com/news/us-news/in ... ok-n989091

Edit: Things. Not thugs.
"Try not. Do or do not. There is no try."
-- Yoda

Turtle

Post by Turtle » Sat Mar 30, 2019 6:39 am

Just another victim of the derp state.

Dan1100

Post by Dan1100 » Sat Mar 30, 2019 11:18 am

SLQ wrote:
Sat Mar 30, 2019 1:03 am
So apparently, Jones was suffering g from a self-diagnosed psychosis die to the lying media. He now realizes “some” of the thugs, like Sandy Hook, were real. How convenient.

So didn't he just put his psychological condition at issue so that the plaintiffs get to have him examined by an expert shrink and then have their expert shrink testify at trial that he isn't psychotic, but instead just a prick?
"Devin Nunes is having a cow over this."

-George Takei

Whip

Post by Whip » Sat Mar 30, 2019 12:25 pm

haven't watched yet but wonder if they bring up what he stated in his divorce proceedings as this would conflict with it.

SLQ

Post by SLQ » Sat Mar 30, 2019 1:09 pm

Dan1100 wrote:
Sat Mar 30, 2019 11:18 am
SLQ wrote:
Sat Mar 30, 2019 1:03 am
So apparently, Jones was suffering g from a self-diagnosed psychosis die to the lying media. He now realizes “some” of the thugs, like Sandy Hook, were real. How convenient.

So didn't he just put his psychological condition at issue so that the plaintiffs get to have him examined by a expert shrink and then have their expert shrink testify at trial that he isn't psychotic, but instead just a prick?
I would think so.
"Try not. Do or do not. There is no try."
-- Yoda

Volkonski

Post by Volkonski » Sat Mar 30, 2019 1:31 pm

How Alex Jones and Infowars Helped a Florida Man Torment Sandy Hook Families

https://www.nytimes.com/2019/03/29/us/p ... &smtyp=cur
Soon after the Dec. 14, 2012, mass shooting at Sandy Hook Elementary School in Newtown, Conn., Mr. Jones, the right-wing provocateur, began spreading outlandish theories that the killing of 20 first graders and six educators was staged by the government and victims’ families as part of an elaborate plot to confiscate Americans’ firearms.

Many of the most noxious claims originated in the mind of Mr. Halbig, a retired Florida public school official who became fixated on what he called “this supposed tragedy” at Sandy Hook. Court records and a previously unreleased deposition given by Mr. Jones in one of a set of defamation lawsuits brought against him by the families of 10 Sandy Hook victims show how he and Mr. Halbig used each other to pursue their obsession and promote it across the internet.

Over several years, Mr. Jones gave Mr. Halbig’s views an audience by inviting him to be a guest on Infowars, his radio and online show. Infowars gave Mr. Halbig a camera crew and a platform for fund-raising, even as Mr. Halbig repeatedly visited Newtown, demanding thousands of pages of public records, including photos of the murder scene, the children’s bodies and receipts for the cleanup of “bodily fluids, brain matter, skull fragments and around 45 to 60 gallons of blood.”

Given practical support and visibility by Mr. Jones, Mr. Halbig hounded families of the victims and other residents of Newtown, and promoted a baseless tale that Avielle Richman, a first grader killed at Sandy Hook, was still alive.
Image“If everyone fought for their own convictions there would be no war.”
― Leo Tolstoy, War and Peace

Danraft

Post by Danraft » Sat Mar 30, 2019 3:16 pm

The Mercury Project

fierceredpanda
Location: BAR Headquarters - Turn left past the picture of King George III

Post by fierceredpanda » Sun Mar 31, 2019 9:27 am

I've finally read the transcript and watched most of the deposition. Good grief, he's an even more ghoulish piece of shit than I thought.

I'm also fairly impressed with the plaintiff's attorney, Mark Bankston. Solid deposition work nailing down a very slippery defendant who will literally say anything and has no shame.
"There's no play here. There's no angle. There's no champagne room. I'm not a miracle worker, I'm a janitor. The math on this is simple; the smaller the mess, the easier it is for me to clean up." -Michael Clayton

pipistrelle

Post by pipistrelle » Sun Mar 31, 2019 10:04 am

Is “psychosis” a “devil made me do it” defense?

Notorial Dissent

Post by Notorial Dissent » Sun Mar 31, 2019 10:27 am

I think Jones is too slimey. Even the Devil has taste and standards. Jones did what he did all on his ownsome. I don't remember my Dante, but I'm sure there is a nice warm spot already picked out for him.
The fact that you sincerely and wholeheartedly believe that the “Law of Gravity” is unconstitutional and a violation of your sovereign rights, does not absolve you of adherence to it.

Sugar Magnolia

Post by Sugar Magnolia » Sun Mar 31, 2019 11:53 am

fierceredpanda wrote:
Sun Mar 31, 2019 9:27 am
I've finally read the transcript and watched most of the deposition. Good grief, he's an even more ghoulish piece of shit than I thought.

I'm also fairly impressed with the plaintiff's attorney, Mark Bankston. Solid deposition work nailing down a very slippery defendant who will literally say anything and has no shame.
Bankston is the son of the woman who is behind http://juanitajean.com/.

pipistrelle

Post by pipistrelle » Sun Mar 31, 2019 12:11 pm

Juanita Jean on Mrs. Roger Stone:
Bless her heart, living in a one bedroom apartment in Washington, DC. Life in the fast lane is so cruel. You’d think her family friend Donald Trump would at least put her up in a nice suite at Trump Tower.

Suranis

Post by Suranis » Sun Mar 31, 2019 12:56 pm

Notorial Dissent wrote:
Sun Mar 31, 2019 10:27 am
I think Jones is too slimey. Even the Devil has taste and standards. Jones did what he did all on his ownsome. I don't remember my Dante, but I'm sure there is a nice warm spot already picked out for him.
Probably somewhere on the 9th or 10th ring of the 8th circle, whose tender mercies are reserved for Sowers of Discord, and Falsifiers respectively.
Learn to Swear in Latin. Profanity with class!
https://blogs.transparent.com/latin/lat ... -in-latin/

neonzx

Post by neonzx » Sun Mar 31, 2019 7:44 pm

I've watched/listened to the majority of the deposition.

I think I like this part the best (queued to 25:00 in part 2):

:boxing:
To which Trump replied, Fuck the law. I don't give a fuck about the law. I want my fucking money.

Whip

Post by Whip » Sun Mar 31, 2019 8:07 pm

Attorney fight club?

Whip

Post by Whip » Sun Mar 31, 2019 8:14 pm

what question are you answering?
:rotflmao:

p0rtia

Post by p0rtia » Sun Mar 31, 2019 8:27 pm