Donald J. Trump 2024

Gregg

Donald J. Trump 2024 (low energy)

Post by Gregg »

noblepa wrote: Tue Sep 05, 2023 5:42 pm
Gregg wrote: Tue Sep 05, 2023 5:23 pm The Republican Party is in a death spiral, it might not last past the 2024 election.

With each day the base gets more irrationally radical, pushing away what is left of a right-center membership and making it improbable that they they can ever win any fair elections. Even in red states their power is amplified or even propped up by stupid political tricks that cannot endure. Take Wisconsin, where statewide races are close contests, yet through extreme gerrymandering Republicans' have veto proof majorities in both houses and until this year had the majority of the State Supreme Court that allowed it. When a Liberal was elected to the Supreme Court this year, changing the majority control, Republicans began impeachment proceedings even before she had heard her first case.

Americans are sick of it, sick of the fighting and sick of a party that proves to them every day that yes they can go even lower. The Democrats might have problems, but the Republicans are doomed. Proving once again that everything Trump touches, dies, even 160 year old political parties.
I share your assessment of the current state of what used to be the Republican party. I never thought I would think of the Ronald Reagan/John Behner era as "the good old days".

However, I'm not as sure of the prognosis. People were making similar predictions after Richard Nixon resigned in the wake of the Watergate scandal, but the party bounced back, and not because their policies changed all that much. Peoples' memories of RMN just faded and new personalities came on the scene, such as the aforementioned Reagan and Behner. Tax cuts for the rich and the "Southern Strategy" never left the R's psyche.

The R's may not elect a President for a few election cycles, but they will continue to elect jackasses like emptygee and bobblehead. They will continue to control state legislatures through blatant gerrymandering.

Life will return to normal. The next time we have a recession or high unemployment while a democrat is in the WH, some republican will come along proposing massive tax cuts for the rich as a way to put America back "on the right track". This, even though, you, as an economist, know better than most of us, that the President doesn't have as much direct and immediate control over the economy as many people think he/she does. When the economy is good, the Prez gets to take the undeserved credit for it and when it is bad he/she gets more blame than warranted. But the opposing party will always take advantage of this phenomenon.

I strongly disagree and also too challenge your memory that some said Nixon was destroying the party. The crucial difference here is there came a point where the GOP Leadership told Nixon he had to go, quite firmly. And he went. If Nixon had had Fox News and Kevin McCarthy he would have died Dictator for Life..

The reason the GOP is going to die, and it is going to die, is because it's been taken over by the loonies and we are very close to the point where the loonies are not only going to be the only ones left, but they will not tolerate anyone not as loony as them to stay. That is happening and it's going to be a painful and abrupt slap in the face when they realize that not enough people to sustain a viable party are fucking loony and they've run off everyone who isn't. Even then there will be a bunch of them that think the only reason they lost (and lost by historic margins in places where they haven't fixed the conditions to assure they can't lose) is because it was stolen or they didn't have enough flag on their boats and pickup trucks.
Supreme Commander, Imperial Illuminati Air Force
:dog:

You don't have to consent, but I'm gonna tase you anyway.
much ado

Post by much ado »

Gregg wrote: Tue Sep 05, 2023 8:18 pm :snippity:
The reason the GOP is going to die, and it is going to die, is because it's been taken over by the loonies and we are very close to the point where the loonies are not only going to be the only ones left, but they will not tolerate anyone not as loony as them to stay. That is happening and it's going to be a painful and abrupt slap in the face when they realize that not enough people to sustain a viable party are fucking loony and they've run off everyone who isn't. Even then there will be a bunch of them that think the only reason they lost (and lost by historic margins in places where they haven't fixed the conditions to assure they can't lose) is because it was stolen or they didn't have enough flag on their boats and pickup trucks.
I agree with Gregg. :yeahthat:
keith
Occupation: Retired Computer Systems Analyst Project Manager Super Coder
Verified: ✅lunatic

Post by keith »

I agree with much ado :yeahthat:
Has everybody heard about the bird?
MsDaisy 2
Occupation: Retired Medic and a Grandma (AKA Moppie) until I die
Verified:

Post by MsDaisy 2 »

much ado wrote: Tue Sep 05, 2023 8:26 pm
Gregg wrote: Tue Sep 05, 2023 8:18 pm :snippity:
I agree with Gregg. :yeahthat:
:yeahthat:
Kendra

Post by Kendra »

https://www.cnn.com/2023/09/07/politics ... index.html
South Dakota Gov. Kristi Noem is expected to endorse former President Donald Trump at a campaign rally in her home state Friday, two sources familiar with the plans tell CNN, fueling speculation about the role the Republican governor may play in his third bid for the White House.

Once a potential 2024 candidate herself, Noem initially inched away from Trump after last fall’s midterm elections and the launch of his latest campaign. She told The New York Times at the time that she didn’t believe the former president offered “the best chance” for the Republican Party in 2024.

However, the South Dakota governor has since changed her tune, opting out of a White House bid and offering support for Trump. But Noem is still angling to be in the 2024 discussion. She’s remained in contact and on good terms with the former president, according to sources familiar with their interactions. Though Noem didn’t attend last month’s first Republican presidential debate, ads touting her state’s low taxes and job openings aired during it and since then on Fox News.

Noem has another connection: Corey Lewandowski, Trump’s former campaign manager and confidant, has advised her since 2020. Lewandowski’s on-again-off-again relationship with the former president has leveled, according to sources, and he now regularly speaks to Trump.
Suranis

Post by Suranis »

"regularly speaks to Trump" means he has the phone beside him while Trump rants, and occasionally picks it up to say "uh huh."
Hic sunt dracones
Luke
Location: @orly_licious With Pete Buttigieg and the other "open and defiant homosexuals" --Bryan Fischer AFA

Post by Luke »

That was brilliantly said Gregg.... almost made a screen shot of it to post on Twitter. It's sadly true. Hell, even stooges like Pence are blowing the whistle -- but they are in so deep and have corrupted so many tiny MAGAts minds that they can't get out of it. Maybe more election losses will break the fever, but we thought that in 2018, 2020 & 2022..

Replied to Tom Fitton's tweet posted above :lol:
Luke Johnson 🇺🇸 @Orly_licious 1s
Tom, we keep telling you that the law degree and secret decoder ring you found in your Cracker Jack box were NOT REAL. Haven't you gotten Trump and others in enough trouble with your fractally wrong ULP? Or do you secretly want him to be in jail for the rest of his life?

Lt Root Beer of the Mighty 699th. Fogbow 💙s titular Mama June in Fogbow's Favourite Show™ Mama June: From Not To Hot! Fogbow's Theme Song™ Edith Massey's "I Got The Evidence!" https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=C5jDHZd0JAg
raison de arizona
Verified: ✔️ he/him/his

Post by raison de arizona »

Trump War Room @TrumpWarRoom wrote: "Tonight, I am announcing that the moment I win the election, I will appoint a special task force to rapidly review the cases of EVERY political prisoner who has been unjustly persecuted by the Biden administration."
“Remember, democracy never lasts long. It soon wastes, exhausts, and murders itself. There never was a democracy yet that did not commit suicide.” —John Adams
SuzieC
Verified:

Post by SuzieC »

OOOH, a special task force. How exciting! Meanwhile, some of his R rivals have promised to immediately pardon all J6 convictees. Why is Trump being a RINO?
Slim Cognito
Verified:

Post by Slim Cognito »

Uhhhh, he won't be president the "moment he's elected." That takes a few weeks.
My Crested Yorkie, Gilda and her amazing hair.

ImageImageImage x4
Suranis

Post by Suranis »

He can promise whatever the hell he wants. They will go into the same bin as infrastructure week.
Hic sunt dracones
raison de arizona
Verified: ✔️ he/him/his

Post by raison de arizona »

Slim Cognito wrote: Sat Sep 16, 2023 9:55 pm Uhhhh, he won't be president the "moment he's elected." That takes a few weeks.
Does he need to be president to name a special task force to review convictions? Doesn’t seem like it would necessarily require any special powers.
“Remember, democracy never lasts long. It soon wastes, exhausts, and murders itself. There never was a democracy yet that did not commit suicide.” —John Adams
RTH10260
Verified: ✔️ Eurobot

Post by RTH10260 »

raison de arizona wrote: Sat Sep 16, 2023 10:51 pm
Slim Cognito wrote: Sat Sep 16, 2023 9:55 pm Uhhhh, he won't be president the "moment he's elected." That takes a few weeks.
Does he need to be president to name a special task force to review convictions? Doesn’t seem like it would necessarily require any special powers.
He can do anything he likes, appoint whoever he wants. But they have no power until the new administration gets established. That means the will remain powerless until the new (im)potus has nominated and sworn in all political appointees at the upper levels. They must be there to transmit orders of some committee down the food chain. The food chain will take its time to sort out their new masters. These detectives will find nothing else that a House committe could find already now.
pipistrelle

Post by pipistrelle »

Weasel words. He could pardon them.
Ben-Prime
Verified: ✅MamaSaysI'mBonaFide

Post by Ben-Prime »

raison de arizona wrote: Sat Sep 16, 2023 8:10 pm
Trump War Room @TrumpWarRoom wrote: "Tonight, I am announcing that the moment I win the election, I will appoint a special task force to rapidly review the cases of EVERY political prisoner who has been unjustly persecuted by the Biden administration."
I mean, you're not the president the moment you win the election, you're just the President-Elect until noon of the 20th of the January after the election, but if you want to appoint a task force out of your own pocket the money you rope in from your dupes (ah, who am I kidding) the usual round of empty promises, go ahead.
But the sunshine aye shall light the sky,
As round and round we run;
And the truth shall ever come uppermost,
And justice shall be done.

- Charles Mackay, "Eternal Justice"
bob

Post by bob »

raison de arizona wrote: Sat Sep 16, 2023 10:51 pm
"Appoint a special task force" is politician-speak for accomplish-nothing gestures intended only to appease constituents.
Image ImageImage
much ado

Post by much ado »

Guys. The purpose of the task force will be to determine which Jan 6 convicts have remained loyal to Trump and have not said negative things about him. Loyal convicts will be pardoned. Disloyal convicts will remain convicted. So sad for them.
RVInit

Post by RVInit »

much ado wrote: Sun Sep 17, 2023 2:39 pm Guys. The purpose of the task force will be to determine which Jan 6 convicts have remained loyal to Trump and have not said negative things about him. Loyal convicts will be pardoned. Disloyal convicts will remain convicted. So sad for them.
:yeahthat: That is exactly what I was thinking.
There's a lot of things that need to change. One specifically? Police brutality.
--Colin Kaepernick
Mr brolin
Verified: ✅ as vaguely humanoid

Post by Mr brolin »

Errrrr, assuming he gets elected, the J6 have be no value to him then, so why should he pardon any of them...?

"You did that work for me, stupid you, I'm not gonna pay you. What you gonna do about it?"

"You sent me all your spare cash to get me elected and I spent it on lawyers, hookers and blow for me, me, me and me. You gave, it's mine, what you gonna do about it?"

"You actually believed will that BS about the unicorns I would deliver to you? Now you're bitching 'cause I had them shoot the unicorns and feed it to me in cold hamberders. I'm president and god king, what you gonna do about it?"
Suranis

Post by Suranis »

Ya that's what I was thinking as well. Maintaining loyalty to Trump gets you no reward whatsoever. And they failed him in any case.
Hic sunt dracones
pipistrelle

Post by pipistrelle »

Mr brolin wrote: Mon Sep 18, 2023 3:01 am Errrrr, assuming he gets elected, the J6 have be no value to him then, so why should he pardon any of them...?
It costs him nothing and keeps his “patriot political prisoner” cult happy.
Mr brolin
Verified: ✅ as vaguely humanoid

Post by Mr brolin »

pipistrelle wrote: Mon Sep 18, 2023 9:17 am
Mr brolin wrote: Mon Sep 18, 2023 3:01 am Errrrr, assuming he gets elected, the J6 have be no value to him then, so why should he pardon any of them...?
It costs him nothing and keeps his “patriot political prisoner” cult happy.
Once he is in power, they are wholly irrelevant to The Man who Would Be God-King as, they don't get him anything now, he's in power and to do something would "cost" him something and that is a wholly unacceptable matter for that weasel feck. Them Sharpies don't buy themselves ya know, and his time is waaaaaaaaaay to valuable to waste on losers.....

It isn't as if he gets any money out of pardonong them, in his tiny little mind, they're all losers for getting convicted in the first place and Donny Little Fingers has nothing but contempt for "losers"
Volkonski
Verified:

Post by Volkonski »

Trump acknowledges he was told 2020 election lies were false in wide-ranging interview

https://www.cnn.com/2023/09/17/politics ... index.html
Former President Donald Trump acknowledged in a new interview that, despite receiving counsel from multiple people that the 2020 election was not stolen, he pushed ahead anyway with his false claims to try and overturn the results.

The comments to NBC’s “Meet the Press” directly address a central premise of special counsel Jack Smith’s case against Trump over his efforts to subvert the 2020 election results: that Trump knew the election claims he was making were false after being told by several close aides that he had lost.

“It was my decision, but I listened to some people,” Trump said.
“If everyone fought for their own convictions there would be no war.” ― Leo Tolstoy, War and Peace
RVInit

Post by RVInit »

If he gets elected he has one big reason to pardon them. They will become the basis of his MAGA Brown Shirt brigade. And they will have a great time cracking heads of RINOs. LGBTQ+, Democrats, Never Trumpers, and anyone else whose head the Orange Pus Bag thinks need cracking.
There's a lot of things that need to change. One specifically? Police brutality.
--Colin Kaepernick
pipistrelle

Post by pipistrelle »

RVInit wrote: Mon Sep 18, 2023 7:21 pm If he gets elected he has one big reason to pardon them. They will become the basis of his MAGA Brown Shirt brigade. And they will have a great time cracking heads of RINOs. LGBTQ+, Democrats, Never Trumpers, and anyone else whose head the Orange Pus Bag thinks need cracking.
Exactly.

Return to “US President”