X -Where Twitter goes to die.

MN-Skeptic

Twitter

Post by MN-Skeptic »

Right now Musk is doing a Twitter poll on whether or not to reinstate Trump. That's so funny because, in the case of sour grapes, Trump has said he would never come back to Twitter, that his own Twitter substitute is a better program. But you know darned well that Trump would come back if Musk asked him too. So will Twitter crash before Trump comes back, or will it wait until Trump is on board and thrown his own app under the bus, then crash?
keith
Occupation: Retired Computer Systems Analyst Project Manager Super Coder
Verified: ✅lunatic

Twitter

Post by keith »

Who needs twitter?

Has everybody heard about the bird?
RTH10260
Verified: ✔️ Eurobot

Twitter

Post by RTH10260 »

same same
Elon Musk summons Twitter engineers amid mass resignations and puts up poll on Trump ban
Reports show nearly 1,200 workers left company after demand for ‘long hours at high intensity’, while Musk starts poll on whether to reinstate Donald Trump

Johana Bhuiyan and agencies
Sat 19 Nov 2022 03.25 GMT

Elon Musk emailed Twitter staff on Friday asking that any employees who write software code report to the 10th floor of the office in San Francisco in the early afternoon, according to multiple news reports.

The billionaire said in a follow-up email, “If possible, I would appreciate it if you could fly to SF to be present in person,” adding he would be at the company’s headquarters until midnight and would return Saturday morning, Reuters reported. The engineers should report at 2pm on Friday.

Meanwhile, Musk started a Twitter poll late on Friday asking followers to vote on whether to reinstate former US president Donald Trump’s account on the platform. Early results showed roughly 60% voting yes.

https://www.theguardian.com/technology/ ... esignation
RTH10260

Twitter

Post by RTH10260 »

RTH10260 wrote: Sat Nov 19, 2022 1:40 am
ThGuardian wrote:Elon Musk emailed Twitter staff on Friday asking that any employees who write software code report to the 10th floor of the office in San Francisco in the early afternoon, according to multiple news reports.

The billionaire said in a follow-up email, “If possible, I would appreciate it if you could fly to SF to be present in person,” adding he would be at the company’s headquarters until midnight and would return Saturday morning, Reuters reported. The engineers should report at 2pm on Friday.
Employees who write software code only? Hmm - I don't think Elon knows much about software development. Those code hackers need some kind of framework to work in, and it requires some software system designers too, and some managerial minded personalities to keep the ship afloat herding the cats. Will they get to use the company credit cards or pay that flight with their own dime? Single flight to SFO payed be the company, your return flight after being fired is on you?
Sam the Centipede

Twitter

Post by Sam the Centipede »

Foggy wrote: Fri Nov 18, 2022 3:31 pm 'Course, Fogbow has a lot more features, he said, sneering down his beak. :biggrin:
:think: So you're sayin' that Twitter is a-collapsin' because it made the bad choice of having a "like" button? :?: :o
RTH10260

Twitter

Post by RTH10260 »

Germany watching developments at Twitter with growing concern

Reuters
November 18, 20221:50 PM GMT+1Last Updated a day ago

BERLIN, Nov 18 (Reuters) - The German government is watching developments at Twitter with growing concern, a government spokesperson said on Friday.

"Of course, we are observing this with great interest and growing concern ... but at the moment there is no new (government) position," the spokesperson told a regular government news conference.

https://www.reuters.com/business/german ... 022-11-18/
raison de arizona
Verified: ✔️ he/him/his

Twitter

Post by raison de arizona »

According to Fox News just now, 10% of Twitter employees do over 90% of the work, and Musk is shrewdly whittling down to that 10% in order to make Twitter profitable, like any other business.
“Remember, democracy never lasts long. It soon wastes, exhausts, and murders itself. There never was a democracy yet that did not commit suicide.” —John Adams
Phoenix520
Verified:

Twitter

Post by Phoenix520 »

Considering that 100% of the work was already done when he rage-purchased twitter, he’s just like all the other hedge fund dudes who sweep in, sell off all the load bearing parts, and shrug when it collapses.
RTH10260

Twitter

Post by RTH10260 »

Phoenix520 wrote: Sat Nov 19, 2022 11:59 am Considering that 100% of the work was already done when he rage-purchased twitter, he’s just like all the other hedge fund dudes who sweep in, sell off all the load bearing parts, and shrug when it collapses.
Except that the "load bearing parts" were not physical but human assets, and he did not recover any funds for "selling" them off. Was the Twitter data center owned or leased? Used servers will not pay much back. Remains the Twitter HQ building. May be not owned but a long time lease.
p0rtia

Twitter

Post by p0rtia »

A reminder that "according to Fox News" means that whatever follows means nothing until actual facts are brought to light.

There is a whole lot of "Trust the Plan" going on right now. On the Right (the usual + Elmo) _and_ on the Left (Garland).

I have never felt more alienated from my fellow humans. Virginia education people want to call indigenous people "first immigrants." Judges across the country are staying Biden's agenda and DOJ moves on TFG with no basis in law. Roe is dead. Water and air are filthy. Fox et al. spew lies. Christ, we are so fucked.
Volkonski
Verified:

Twitter

Post by Volkonski »

raison de arizona wrote: Sat Nov 19, 2022 11:52 am According to Fox News just now, 10% of Twitter employees do over 90% of the work, and Musk is shrewdly whittling down to that 10% in order to make Twitter profitable, like any other business.
:lol: :lol: :lol: :lol:

No.

Nothing shrewd about it.

I lived through several rounds of corporate downsizing in my time. This is not the way to do it.

You make sure you know exactly what each employee does so you don't layoff the only people who know how to operate and maintain an essential machine or system.

You identify those employees you really want to stay and make sure they won't jump ship when you make severance offers available to all employees.

You don't make a relocation offer to only one member of a married couple, both of whom you employ, because you will lose both of them.

Have a comprehensive public relations plan in place. If you don't, disgruntled former employees will dominate the news coverage.

Reassure your customers well in advance that their requirements and concerns will be addressed fully during the layoffs.

Unless the entire business sector that you are in is collapsing, the moment you announce layoffs the headhunters will be on their phones trying to poach your best employees.
“If everyone fought for their own convictions there would be no war.” ― Leo Tolstoy, War and Peace
Foggy
Dick Tater
Verified: as seen on qvc zombie apocalypse

Twitter

Post by Foggy »

p0rtia wrote: Sat Nov 19, 2022 1:11 pm A reminder that "according to Fox News" means that whatever follows means nothing until actual facts are brought to light.

There is a whole lot of "Trust the Plan" going on right now. On the Right (the usual + Elmo) _and_ on the Left (Garland).

I have never felt more alienated from my fellow humans. Virginia education people want to call indigenous people "first immigrants." Judges across the country are staying Biden's agenda DOJ moves on TFG with no basis in law. Roe is dead. Water and air are filthy. Fox et al. spew lies. Christ, we are so fucked.
I am trying to stay positive.

But I admit, it's not working for me so much lately. :(
🎶 We went for a ride,
We got outside,
The sand was hot,
She wanted to dance ... 🎶
Foggy
Dick Tater
Verified: as seen on qvc zombie apocalypse

Twitter

Post by Foggy »

Volkonski wrote: Sat Nov 19, 2022 1:19 pm
  • You make sure you know exactly what each employee does so you don't layoff the only people who know how to operate and maintain an essential machine or system.
  • You identify those employees you really want to stay and make sure they won't jump ship when you make severance offers available to all employees.
  • You don't make a relocation offer to only one member of a married couple, both of whom you employ, because you will lose both of them.
  • Have a comprehensive public relations plan in place. If you don't, disgruntled former employees will dominate the news coverage.
  • Reassure your customers well in advance that their requirements and concerns will be addressed fully during the layoffs.
  • Unless the entire business sector that you are in is collapsing, the moment you announce layoffs the headhunters will be on their phones trying to poach your best employees.
I made it a list, because it's genius.
🎶 We went for a ride,
We got outside,
The sand was hot,
She wanted to dance ... 🎶
pipistrelle

Twitter

Post by pipistrelle »

Foggy wrote: Sat Nov 19, 2022 1:22 pm
  • You make sure you know exactly what each employee does so you don't layoff the only people who know how to operate and maintain an essential machine or system.
  • You identify those employees you really want to stay and make sure they won't jump ship when you make severance offers available to all employees.
  • You don't make a relocation offer to only one member of a married couple, both of whom you employ, because you will lose both of them.
  • Have a comprehensive public relations plan in place. If you don't, disgruntled former employees will dominate the news coverage.
  • Reassure your customers well in advance that their requirements and concerns will be addressed fully during the layoffs.
  • Unless the entire business sector that you are in is collapsing, the moment you announce layoffs the headhunters will be on their phones trying to poach your best employees.
It's also SOP.
much ado

Twitter

Post by much ado »

p0rtia wrote: Sat Nov 19, 2022 1:11 pm A reminder that "according to Fox News" means that whatever follows means nothing until actual facts are brought to light.

I have never felt more alienated from my fellow humans. Virginia education people want to call indigenous people "first immigrants." Judges across the country are staying Biden's agenda DOJ moves on TFG with no basis in law. Roe is dead. Water and air are filthy. Fox et al. spew lies. Christ, we are so fucked.
Did p0rtia just put her finger on the reason mrs ado and I have no grandkids? Hmm... :think:
p0rtia

Twitter

Post by p0rtia »

The fickle finger of fate.

:bighug:
much ado

Twitter

Post by much ado »

Son (38) has expressed grave doubts on the future of the world. Daughter (32) has not been so explicit. (Except to say, "Everyone is stupid.") I'll have to ask her.
Phoenix520
Verified:

Twitter

Post by Phoenix520 »

Sprout’s pretty sure the world is ending.
raison de arizona

Twitter

Phoenix520 wrote: Sat Nov 19, 2022 2:30 pm Sprout’s pretty sure the world is ending.
We lazily let a weed grow freely in our front yard where a lavender plant died. It's reached about 4.5-5' tall, it's quite impressive. People stop on their walks sometimes to look at it. I imagine they are saying, What kind of glorious plant is that? But in reality they are probably saying, Hey look at the dumbasses with the huge weed in their front yard. Hard to say.

Anyway, the end is nigh. No one has turned us into the HOA though. Rapture awaits.
“Remember, democracy never lasts long. It soon wastes, exhausts, and murders itself. There never was a democracy yet that did not commit suicide.” —John Adams
MN-Skeptic

Twitter

Post by MN-Skeptic »

raison de arizona wrote: Sat Nov 19, 2022 2:34 pm
We lazily let a weed grow freely in our front yard where a lavender plant died. It's reached about 4.5-5' tall, it's quite impressive. People stop on their walks sometimes to look at it. I imagine they are saying, What kind of glorious plant is that? But in reality they are probably saying, Hey look at the dumbasses with the huge weed in their front yard. Hard to say.

Anyway, the end is nigh. No one has turned us into the HOA though. Rapture awaits.
iPhone app -

PictureThis - Plant Identifier

Edited to add link to TheWirecutter reviewing plant identifying apps -

The Best Plant Identification App
RTH10260

Twitter

Post by RTH10260 »

Musk has already axed the Twitter ad exec he reportedly convinced to stay
/ She resigned, then un-resigned, and now she’s reportedly been fired. Can you keep up?

By MITCHELL CLARK
Nov 19, 2022, 3:13 AM GMT+1|17 Comments / 17 New

Robin Wheeler, Twitter’s head of ad sales, seems to have left the company yet again, just over a week after Elon Musk reportedly had to convince her not to resign.

On Friday evening, Platformer’s Casey Newton reported that Wheeler had been fired from the company, though the details of why are currently unclear. Shortly after, Wheeler herself tweeted: “To the team and my clients….you were always my first and only priority,” followed by the salute emoji that has become a sign that you’re leaving the company. She did not immediately reply to The Verge’s request for confirmation that she had been fired. Twitter doesn’t have a communications department to take such requests.

https://www.theverge.com/2022/11/18/234 ... red-salute
raison de arizona

Twitter

Elon Musk @elonmusk wrote: The best people are staying, so I’m not super worried
Gregg

Twitter

Post by Gregg »

Foggy wrote: Sat Nov 19, 2022 1:22 pm
Elmo's List

*Show up hours after the close of the deal, carrying a sink into the lobby, for a funny meme
*Fire half the company, don't have any plan, the more random the better, for instance "Everyone born on an odd day of the month, you're fired"
*Wait 24 hours for morale to jump
*Come up with a way to make all the famous people pay for their log in credentials, because we can raise hundreds of dollars that way!
*Announce to everyone the famous people now have to pay $8 to be verified as famous people, if they don't pay, they lose the check mark
*Yes, of course, anyone who pays $8 can have a check mark! We'll raise thousands of dollars!
*Roll out check mark plan, chaos ensues, the famous people won't pay but randoms will pay for the famous people's names. Making almost $10,000
*Randoms will pay for big company names too! Raises another $3500 WE ARE GOING TO BE RICH!
*Companies who's name you sold for $8 cut millions of dollars of ad spends.
*Maybe that was a bad idea
*Employees left are overworked and morale is low
*Tell them to commit to work even harder and longer and "hard core" by tomorrow, or they're fired
*Brilliant plan, people who will sign up for that don't need free pizza Friday, we will save hundreds of dollars!
*Half the employees quit
*Or we think so, all of HR quit so we really can't tell
*Security says to lock the building to guard against mad ex employees
*Lock everyone, ourselves included, out of the building
*Open temporary War Room at Denny's until locksmith can get us in the building
EPIPHANY!
*Sell the building, we all fit in the Rotary Club nook at Denny's, so from now on we will run company from there.
*We don't own the bujilding but have to pay the 20 year lease no matter what so back your your desks, (whip cracks)
*Poll employees to see how many of them are here on work visas
*Fire everyone else who will not be deported if they lose their job
*Employees left are now officially slaves, feed them gruel and brackish water, hope some of them can code
*Profit
Supreme Commander, Imperial Illuminati Air Force
:dog:

You don't have to consent, but I'm gonna tase you anyway.
neonzx
Verified: 🤩✅✅✅✅✅🤩

Twitter

Post by neonzx »

Gregg, you forgot 14 hour work days with LUNCH NO LONGER included. Did they axe daycare, too?
Frater I*I
Verified: ✅Verified Devilish Hyena

Twitter

Post by Frater I*I »

Gregg wrote: Sat Nov 19, 2022 4:52 pm :snippity:
Elmo's List

*Show up hours after the close of the deal, carrying a sink into the lobby, for a funny meme
*Fire half the company, don't have any plan, the more random the better, for instance "Everyone born on an odd day of the month, you're fired"
*Wait 24 hours for morale to jump
*Come up with a way to make all the famous people pay for their log in credentials, because we can raise hundreds of dollars that way!
*Announce to everyone the famous people now have to pay $8 to be verified as famous people, if they don't pay, they lose the check mark
*Yes, of course, anyone who pays $8 can have a check mark! We'll raise thousands of dollars!
*Roll out check mark plan, chaos ensues, the famous people won't pay but randoms will pay for the famous people's names. Making almost $10,000
*Randoms will pay for big company names too! Raises another $3500 WE ARE GOING TO BE RICH!
*Companies who's name you sold for $8 cut millions of dollars of ad spends.
*Maybe that was a bad idea
*Employees left are overworked and morale is low
*Tell them to commit to work even harder and longer and "hard core" by tomorrow, or they're fired
*Brilliant plan, people who will sign up for that don't need free pizza Friday, we will save hundreds of dollars!
*Half the employees quit
*Or we think so, all of HR quit so we really can't tell
*Security says to lock the building to guard against mad ex employees
*Lock everyone, ourselves included, out of the building
*Open temporary War Room at Denny's until locksmith can get us in the building
EPIPHANY!
*Sell the building, we all fit in the Rotary Club nook at Denny's, so from now on we will run company from there.
*We don't own the bujilding but have to pay the 20 year lease no matter what so back your your desks, (whip cracks)
*Poll employees to see how many of them are here on work visas
*Fire everyone else who will not be deported if they lose their job
*Employees left are now officially slaves, feed them gruel and brackish water, hope some of them can code
*Profit
The beatings will continue until morale improves!!!
"He sewed his eyes shut because he is afraid to see, He tries to tell me what I put inside of me
He's got the answers to ease my curiosity, He dreamed a god up and called it Christianity"

Trent Reznor

Return to “Law and Lawsuits”