Hamas Attacks Israel

RTH10260
Verified: ✔️ Eurobot

Hamas Attacks Israel

Post by RTH10260 »

The ministry of foreign affairs for the state of Palestine has issued this statement online:

The declaration of war by Israel, the occupying power, on a civilian population it has been illegally and forcibly occupying and oppressing for decades is a continuation of its record of criminality and impunity. This is reinforced and affirmed by Israeli officials who have issued genocidal and hateful calls for ethnic cleansing publicly and unashamedly.

The scenes of devastation inflicted on Palestinian civilians in the Gaza Strip are harrowing. The international impunity Israel enjoys is a moral, political, and legal stain affront to humanity and basic decency as well as the principles of international law. Any attempt to excuse or cover these crimes is unacceptable and outright reprehensible. The facts are not in dispute. Israel, as an occupying power, is fully responsible for this situation because it insists on keeping the Palestinian people captive and stripping them of their rights for over half a century.

Israel has illegally used force and the threat of force, confiscation of land, persecution, collective punishment, and reprisals to deny the Palestinian people their fundamental rights and serve the common aim of displacing and replacing the Palestinian people, in violation of their right to self-determination and other peremptory norms of international law.

We are in this situation because the world failed to do what is needed and turned its back on Palestinian rights. Simplistic statements that omit Palestinian lives and rights and encourage their violation have to stop. As an occupying power, Israel has no right or justification to target the defenceless civilian population in Gaza or elsewhere in Palestine. Reprisals against civilians in armed hostilities are illegal under international humanitarian law and must stop.

In view of the open war declared by Israel on the Palestinian people in Gaza and the critical and ever-worsening situation of the Palestinian people under Israel’s colonial occupation and apartheid regime in the rest of the Occupied Palestinian Territory, including East Jerusalem, the international community must immediately intervene and provide international protection to the Palestinian people and end Israel’s barbarous campaign of death and destruction.

The international community must also act on their collective political, legal, humanitarian, and moral responsibilities towards this prolonged injustice. It has a responsibility to promote accountability, which is the only viable remedy for this illegal, abhorrent situation. The Palestinian people will continue to defend themselves, their homes, and their fundamental right to live in freedom and dignity, free from occupation, apartheid, and persecution.

in https://www.theguardian.com/world/live/ ... atest-news
AndyinPA
Verified:

Hamas Attacks Israel

Post by AndyinPA »

https://www.bloomberg.com/news/articles ... #xj4y7vzkg
Oil surged more than 4% after Hamas’ surprise attacks on Israel over the weekend, the broadest and bloodiest in decades, threatened to inflame tensions in the Middle East, home to almost a third of global supply.

West Texas Intermediate rose above $86 a barrel as a war-risk premium returned to markets. The combined death toll topped 1,100 as fighting headed into a third day, while the US said it was sending warships to the region.

The latest events in Israel don’t pose an immediate threat to oil supply, but there’s a risk the conflict could spiral into a more devastating proxy war, embroiling the US and Iran. Any possible retaliation against Tehran amid reports the Islamic Republic was involved in the attacks could endanger the passage of vessels through the Strait of Hormuz, a vital conduit that Iran has previously threatened to close.

“Key for markets is whether the conflict remains contained or spreads to involve other regions, particularly Saudi Arabia,” ANZ Group Holdings Ltd. analysts Brian Martin and Daniel Hynes said in a note. “Initially at least, it seems markets will assume the situation will remain limited in scope, duration, and oil-price consequences. But higher volatility can be expected.”
"Choose your leaders with wisdom and forethought. To be led by a coward is to be controlled by all that the coward fears… To be led by a liar is to ask to be told lies." -Octavia E. Butler
bill_g
Verified: ✅ Checked Republic ✓ ᵛᵉʳᶦᶠᶦᵉᵈ

Hamas Attacks Israel

Post by bill_g »

We should start talking about how Tuberville is profiting from this war from his oil and gas investments .

Moar from the horse's mouth.
Slim Cognito
Verified:

Hamas Attacks Israel

Post by Slim Cognito »

*adjusts tinfoil hat *

I was wondering if this Hamas/Iran/Putin ally act of war bullshit was planned with the added benefit of blaming Biden cuz ONLY ONE MAN CAN SAVE US FROM WWII errrrrrrrr WWIII!

Hey, this hat looks gooooood.
My Crested Yorkie, Gilda and her amazing hair.

ImageImageImage x4
Suranis

Hamas Attacks Israel

Post by Suranis »

The Republicans are going all in on this "Biden caused this by helping Iran" to the extent of planting a fake story in the WSJ implying it. But now the IDF has said they have no evidence Iran was involved.

https://www.theguardian.com/world/2023/ ... i-military
Hic sunt dracones
Flatpoint High
Occupation: professional pain in the ass, voice actor & keeper of the straight face
Verified:

Hamas Attacks Israel

Post by Flatpoint High »

MN-Skeptic wrote: Sat Oct 07, 2023 11:26 am
Marc Polymeropoulos
@Mpolymer

Israeli intel has sophisticated technology, plus HUMINT and SIGINT coverage, that blankets the West Bank/Gaza. It's their raison d'etre. How this happened-the colossal intel failure-is incomprehensible. Having worked with Israelis, plus time in West Bank and Gaza, I'm stunned.

I'd add, what about the US IC? ....and Egyptian intelligence? Other Arab services? Jordanians, Saudis and Qataris? Did absolutely ever intel service in region miss this? So many questions.
Thump outed the embedded operative in Gaza....
castigat ridendo mores.
VELOCIUS QUAM ASPARAGI COQUANTUR
RTH10260

Hamas Attacks Israel

Post by RTH10260 »

Suranis wrote: Mon Oct 09, 2023 12:15 pm The Republicans are going all in on this "Biden caused this by helping Iran" to the extent of planting a fake story in the WSJ implying it. But now the IDF has said they have no evidence Iran was involved.

https://www.theguardian.com/world/2023/ ... i-military
The "Biden helped Iran" meme is a followup on the recent deal that set prisoners free in exchange of unfreezing Iranian funds held back by S.Korea. Republicans have lied from the start by saying Biden was paying US money to Iran.
Kendra

Hamas Attacks Israel

Post by Kendra »

Rep Dan Goldman, who was in Israel with his family when the sirens went off on Saturday, will be joining Rachel Marrow tonight.
raison de arizona
Verified: ✔️ he/him/his

Hamas Attacks Israel

Post by raison de arizona »

Keeanga-Yamahtta Taylor @KeeangaYamahtta wrote: Let the words wash over you. Because if this is the public statement, the reality for the two million civilians, half of whom are children, that live in the prison that is Gaza is one million times worse.
The Cradle @TheCradleMedia wrote: Israel Defense Minister Yoav Gallant:

"I have ordered a complete siege on the Gaza Strip. There will be no electricity, no food, no fuel, everything is closed. We are fighting human animals and we will act accordingly."
“Remember, democracy never lasts long. It soon wastes, exhausts, and murders itself. There never was a democracy yet that did not commit suicide.” —John Adams
raison de arizona

Hamas Attacks Israel

https://twitter.com/vabvox/status/1711573988193845267
Victoria Brownworth @VABVOX wrote: 🚨Few Americans know that due to GOP obstructionism, the US has no ambassadors to Israel, Egypt or Lebanon. Nor is there a USAID Administrator for the Middle East --essential for the deployment of emergency economic and humanitarian aid for #Israel and #Gaza.
Disastrous.
As I recall, Rand Paul has a hissy fit about Covid vaccines and blocked the Ambassador for Israel.
“Remember, democracy never lasts long. It soon wastes, exhausts, and murders itself. There never was a democracy yet that did not commit suicide.” —John Adams
Lani

Hamas Attacks Israel

Post by Lani »

https://thenewdaily.com.au/news/state/n ... a&lr_hash=
... NSW Premier Chris Minns said it was a great shame Sydney’s Jewish community was unable to show solidarity with Israel, after police asked people to stay home because of the protest.

“The police are obviously going to make operational decisions, but we do need to make changes to ensure that Jewish communities can commemorate when they need to come together in solidarity,” he told ABC TV on Tuesday.

“The situation where [Jewish communities] are told not to come into the city, despite it being an operational decision … that’s intolerable for the future.”

But Minns also described scenes of protestors alleging yelling anti-Semitic chants as “shocking, abusive and potentially a crime”. There are reports the chants included calls to “gas the Jews”. ...

Crying.

When I was very young, I had playmates whose parents survived the Holocaust and neighbors who lost all of their families.

When I lived in Byron Bay, one day my little boy came home from school and played with his toys. And out of nowhere he said terrible things about Jews. I was so horrified that I cried and could not speak. Then I learned he heard from students in his school. Fortunately, the next night ABC had a program about the Holocaust. Poland, I think. He was upset, of course. And he wanted to know why these people who were being brutalized. And I said "Jews". Silence. The next week, the small Jewish community invited the neighbors to join for Passover. Well, we went. No other neighbor did.

We had a great time! Then he was asked to light the first candle, and he said he lit it for the Jews of Poland. When he returned to the table, he was surrounded by old people who cried and hugged him.

A bit emotional today ....

Sorry for the emotion.
Image You can't wait until life isn't hard anymore before you decide to be happy.
Dave from down under

Hamas Attacks Israel

Post by Dave from down under »

Never be sorry for your emotion!

It is right and proper

:bighug:
busterbunker

Hamas Attacks Israel

Post by busterbunker »

Yeah, it's a sad situation.

Speaking as a kid who had to endure 12 years of Catholic School, religion is stupid.

Speaking as a human, people are stupid.

We will twist the facts to suit our own narrative.
northland10
Verified: ✅ I'm me.

Hamas Attacks Israel

Post by northland10 »

The one who might profit the most from this is Putin. Encouraging an extremist part of Hamas to attack can cause the US and other partners to focus more attention and money toward Israel and not Ukraine. It is also more stuff the GOP can use create more anger and dissention.
101010 :towel:
RTH10260

Hamas Attacks Israel

Post by RTH10260 »

Senseless suicide mission
Israel recovers bodies of more than 1,500 Hamas fighters as airstrikes continue
Concerns grow Israel is planning ground invasion as military installs ‘iron wall’ along Gaza border

Ruth Michaelson in Jerusalem and agencies
Tue 10 Oct 2023 13.48 CEST

The Israeli military said it had recovered the bodies of more than 1,500 Hamas fighters inside Israel and mostly secured its border with Gaza after a night of intensified airstrikes across the enclave that destroyed infrastructure and displaced thousands.

An Israeli military spokesperson said its forces were installing “an iron wall” of tanks and helicopters along the Gaza border, ahead of an expected large-scale ground invasion of the besieged enclave.

https://www.theguardian.com/world/2023/ ... -gaza-grow
raison de arizona

Hamas Attacks Israel

Heard on the news that Egypt opened up their border to allow folks from Gaza to flee.
Suranis

Hamas Attacks Israel

Post by Suranis »

raison de arizona wrote: Tue Oct 10, 2023 2:16 pm Heard on the news that Egypt opened up their border to allow folks from Gaza to flee.
If the Arab countries had done that 70 years ago, the refugee camps would not exist and Hamas and the PLO would never have existed.
Hic sunt dracones
raison de arizona

Hamas Attacks Israel

Suranis wrote: Tue Oct 10, 2023 2:58 pm
raison de arizona wrote: Tue Oct 10, 2023 2:16 pm Heard on the news that Egypt opened up their border to allow folks from Gaza to flee.
If the Arab countries had done that 70 years ago, the refugee camps would not exist and Hamas and the PLO would never have existed.
Disagree.

'Member me?
Kriselda Gray
Verified:

Hamas Attacks Israel

Post by Kriselda Gray »

As best as I understand it, which likely isn't very well (we were never taught about it in school, and everything I've tried to read has seemed so biased one way or another, I really have no idea what the truth of the matter is), the end effect of changes made was to eradicated the Palestinian nation to create an Israeli one. What did they think was going to happen? Could they not see that it would lead to nearly endless war between the residents and descendents of the former country and those of the new one?
raison de arizona

Hamas Attacks Israel

raison de arizona

Hamas Attacks Israel

Why come when Hamas indiscriminately attacks and kills Israeli civilians, it is terrorism (which it most certainly is,) but when Israel indiscriminately attacks and kills Palestinian civilians, it isn't?
Jon Cooper @joncoopertweets wrote: Every second of this footage from Gaza right now is just...
raison de arizona

Hamas Attacks Israel

Barack Obama @BarackObama wrote: All Americans should be horrified and outraged by the brazen terrorist attacks on Israel and the slaughter of innocent civilians. We grieve for those who died, pray for the safe return of those who’ve been held hostage, and stand squarely alongside our ally, Israel, as it dismantles Hamas. As we support Israel’s right to defend itself against terror, we must keep striving for a just and lasting peace for Israelis and Palestinians alike.
Amy Kremer @AmyKremer wrote: What took so long, Barack?!?

You have blood on your hands.

You can’t fool us anymore.
raison de arizona

Hamas Attacks Israel

Bald faced lies. Still.
Justin Baragona @justinbaragona wrote: Fox News anchor Martha MacCallum: "[Netanyahu] hasn't even been invited to the White House which is unprecedented, I think, in presidential U.S. history."

Biden invited Bibi to the White House last month during their bilateral meeting in NYC.

https://washingtonpost.com/politics/202 ... ns-israel/
raison de arizona

Hamas Attacks Israel

Fuck Elon Musk. Fuck Israel. And fuck Ali Khamenei. Fuck all them all.
https://twitter.com/RonFilipkowski/stat ... 86695?s=20
Ron Filipkowski @RonFilipkowski wrote: Yes, amazing that leaders can use this platform to threaten each other and promise death and destruction on their people.
RTH10260

Hamas Attacks Israel

Post by RTH10260 »

raison de arizona wrote: Tue Oct 10, 2023 4:20 pm Why come when Hamas indiscriminately attacks and kills Israeli civilians, it is terrorism (which it most certainly is,) but when Israel indiscriminately attacks and kills Palestinian civilians, it isn't?
https://twitter.com/joncoopertweets/sta ... 88441?s=20
Jon Cooper @joncoopertweets wrote: Every second of this footage from Gaza right now is just...
I assume that every building that Israel leveled was somehow related to Hamas. There was of course some collateral damages to nearby hospitals and mosques.

Yesterday i viewed an Al Jazeera news clip reporting out of Gaza. Locals were speaking of their dead as martyrs, just accusing Isreal for bombing, no mention whatsoever of the Hamas incursion and the massacres there. One guy complained that Israel did not give the traditional pre-bomb strike warning. In more peaceful time Israel would hit the building with a small explosive as warning to evacuate, followed shortly after with the big brother.

Return to “Foreign Countries and Culture”