LIBERI, et al. v TAITZ, et al. (C.D. CA)

realist

Post by realist » Tue Mar 29, 2011 6:28 pm

BWAHAHAHAHAHA!!!

Docket Sheet for the now-transferred Liberi v Taitz...

UNITED STATES DISTRICT COURT, CENTRAL DISTRICT OF CALIFORNIA (Southern Division - Santa Ana)

CIVIL DOCKET FOR CASE #: 8:11-cv-00485-AG -AJW

LIBERI et al v. TAITZ et al

Assigned to: Judge Andrew J. Guilford

Referred to: Magistrate Judge Andrew J. Wistrich

Case in other court: Pennsylvania Eastern, 2:09-cv-01898

Cause: 28:1332 Diversity-Libel,Assault,Slander

Date Filed: 03/29/2011

Jury Demand: Both

Nature of Suit: 320 Assault Libel & Slander

Jurisdiction: Diversity03/29/2011 170 NOTICE of RECEIPT OF CASE TRANSFERRED IN. CV18 - attached. (ade) (Entered: 03/29/2011)OMG!!!!

BREATHE

BWAHAHAHA!!

OH.. OH... OH

=)) =)) =)) =)) =))

ImageX 4 (have met 36 Obots at meetups) Image X 4

Suranis

Post by Suranis » Tue Mar 29, 2011 6:42 pm

Whats significant about Guilford? *Glow of ignorance*

"I think its pretty troubling when a backyard decoration comes out swinging harder against Nazis than the President of the United States." - Stephen Colbert

bob

Post by bob » Tue Mar 29, 2011 6:45 pm

Whats significant about Guilford?The CEL3 v. Taitz judge.

Who did he piss off?

Imagex4 Imagex2 Imagex2 Imagex2

Suranis

Post by Suranis » Tue Mar 29, 2011 6:46 pm

Oh, my dear Divine Lord. :shock:

"I think its pretty troubling when a backyard decoration comes out swinging harder against Nazis than the President of the United States." - Stephen Colbert

poutine

Post by poutine » Tue Mar 29, 2011 6:49 pm

However, the docket indicates that the case has been assigned to a magistrate for initial proceedings, no? We don't do that in the Arizona district so I'm not sure how to read that docket language.

PatGund

Post by PatGund » Tue Mar 29, 2011 6:51 pm

(Setting in an Orange County Courthouse)(SOUND OF UNEARTHLY SCREAMING IN HORROR, followed by running feet to Judge Guilford's chambers)Judge Carter - "Dude! What's wrong??"Judge Guilford - "What's wrong? WHAT'S WRONG?? Look at this Docket!!" (Throws docket at Carter's feet)(Carter picks it up, begins reading)Carter - (Wince) "You got the Nitrous Queen? Oh, dude, I am SO sorry."Guilford - "You're sorry! I've got her, that Philip Berg dweeb from back east, and that lump she screwed around with in one case already. And now I get another round of their crazy soap opera??"Carter - "That lump? You mean the disbarred con artist? Yeah, he wrote the briefs I had to trudge though when she was in my courtroom. I had heard they were doing the horizontal tango"Guilford - "Don't I know it! I have to READ though more about their sex life then humankind ever wanted to know about. There's not enough in the world to overcome the image of a water-pik used like that!"Carter - "Oh thanks. Mrs. Carter thanks you for nuking my little judge's gavel for the next two weeks. Yeesh"Guilford - "Yeah, no kidding. And now I've got them and that truther nutball with the beard. You know, the one that looks like some hairy fungus is eating his jaw? I thought I dealt with him by saying no to his Pro Hac Vice request, but not he's the freaking plaintiff!!"Carter - "I'd say better you than me, since I got her three-ring circus with that Kreep guy a while back"Guilford - (Moans) "Oh, don't get me started on the Kreepy guy. He's bound to show up as well.Carter - "Hey look, let me talk to my legal clerk, okay? He pulled some strings to get the nitrous queen's case thrown out. I'll see what he can do for you".Guilford - "Really? Thanks, I owe you big time!"

bob

Post by bob » Tue Mar 29, 2011 6:52 pm

I would guess it was not accidental; similar cases are often assigned to the same judge in the interest of judicial economy.

Obviously, the claims are different, but a computer with a sense of humor prolly noted similar parties....

Cases are assigned to a magistrate and a district judge. The magistrate is to handle the more "routine" matters (discovery, etc.) and make recommendations on dispositive matters. (Did someone in CEL3 not consent to appearing before a magistrate?)

Imagex4 Imagex2 Imagex2 Imagex2

poutine

Post by poutine » Tue Mar 29, 2011 6:53 pm

There's not enough in the world to overcome the image of a water-pik used like that! ?(

poutine

Post by poutine » Tue Mar 29, 2011 6:55 pm

I would guess it was not accidental; similar cases are often assigned to the same judge in the interest of judicial economy.

Obviously, the claims are different, but a computer with a sense of humor prolly noted similar parties....

Cases are assigned to a magistrate and a district judge. The magistrate is to handle the more "routine" matters (discovery, etc.) and make recommendations on dispositive matters. (Did someone in CEL3 not consent to appearing before a magistrate?)Got it, thanks. In our district it's only assigned to a district judge. Days or weeks into the case, a magistrate consent form is sent out. Unless I dislike the judge, I always reject it.

realist

Post by realist » Tue Mar 29, 2011 6:56 pm

Cases are assigned to a magistrate and a district judge. The magistrate is to handle the more "routine" matters (discovery, etc.) and make recommendations on dispositive matters. [highlight](Did someone in CEL3 not consent to appearing before a magistrate?)[/highlight]Not to my knowledge."Someone" in another case did or tried to. Pammy Barnett maybe?Orly, in Barnett v Obama objected to the magistrate involved in that case but Judge Carter told her to STFU and fahgedaboudit.

realist

Post by realist » Tue Mar 29, 2011 7:24 pm

I thought we might see a recusal, first thing outta da box, but no, Judge Guilford is anxious and eager to get 'er goin'.

New Docket Entry...

03/29/2011 [link]171,[/link] ORDER Re Early Meeting of Parties and Scheduling Conference by Judge Andrew J. Guilford. Scheduling Conference set for 6/6/2011 at 09:00 AM before Judge Andrew J. Guilford. (ade) (Entered: 03/29/2011)

twinx

Post by twinx » Tue Mar 29, 2011 7:32 pm

Carter - "Oh thanks. Mrs. Carter thanks you for nuking my little judge's gavel for the next two weeks. Yeesh" =)) =)) =))

brygenon

Post by brygenon » Tue Mar 29, 2011 7:48 pm

Questions for lawyers: Where does this leave Phil Berg? Does he have to again petition Judge Guilford to appear pro hac vice if he wants to go on representing the other plaintiffs? He was already their attorney, before the transfer, so is he more likely to be granted permission this time?

Representing all the plaintiffs while being a plaintiff himself strikes me as a possible conflict of interests. Is that likely to bother the Court?

raicha

Post by raicha » Tue Mar 29, 2011 8:41 pm

Questions for lawyers: Where does this leave Phil Berg? Does he have to again petition Judge Guilford to appear pro hac vice if he wants to go on representing the other plaintiffs? He was already their attorney, before the transfer, so is he more likely to be granted permission this time?

Representing all the plaintiffs while being a plaintiff himself strikes me as a possible conflict of interests. Is that likely to bother the Court?He's not a member of the California bar, so he can't apply for regular admission here, AFAIK. That leaves pro hac vice if he plans to continue representing the other plaintiffs. (He can always appear pro per for himself.)

He's no more acceptable now than he was last week or the week before. Bringing this crazy train to town only reinforces that.

If he is able to, he ought to bring in California co-counsel to represent the plaintiffs. But most sane lawyers wouldn't touch this. It's too much cuckoo for too little cash.

Tis a quandary.

Lea

Post by Lea » Tue Mar 29, 2011 8:43 pm

Oops I saw this thread after I had already posted that I was glad the case was finally transfered and now all we had to do was wait to see what Courts got it and what Judges it was assigned to. I see that Califorfnia had already assigned it and that Judge Gilford is the Judge. Now if Texas will will hurry up and docket it then I will know where the Court is and who the Judge is.

Suranis

Post by Suranis » Tue Mar 29, 2011 8:51 pm

Yeah. I'll bet you will be glad then this is finally done and dusted, regardless of the verdict. Its yet another lump on the pile of things you don't need right now.

Paul Lentz

Post by Paul Lentz » Tue Mar 29, 2011 9:21 pm

BWAHAHAHAHAHA!!!

Docket Sheet for the now-transferred Liberi v Taitz...

UNITED STATES DISTRICT COURT, CENTRAL DISTRICT OF CALIFORNIA (Southern Division - Santa Ana)

Sweet Baby Jesus, Mary and Joseph!

I'm even more eager now to see how Judge Guilford handles the multiple violations of his order (in CELIII v Taitz, et al) to ask permission of the court prior to filing. If he brings down the hammer in that case, then this one should see a recusal motion (from Oily) pretty quickly...I've no doubt she'll use the template/boilerplate that CELIII prepared for her use with Land and Lazzara--I mean, that worked out so well for her. And if Judge Guilford denies recusal AND imposes a "permission to file" order for this case--with sanctions as the penalty for violations--prepare to watch Oily's head explode.

On the other hand, Berg may be first out of the box with a recusal motion. Given that Judge Guilford refused his pro hac vice application in CELIII v. Taitz, Berg won't get admitted in this case, either. Of course, even if the Berg's recusal motion was granted and the case reassigned, there's no guarantee (and I think it's unlikely) that any other judge in that district is going to grant Berg PHV admission, unless his PA disciplinary matter is resolved in his favor. And while Kreep may be happy to sponsor Berg (in CELIII v. Taitz), just for the joy of poking at Oily, there's no way, in my opinion, that he's going to take on either case as lead counsel, partly because of his health and partly because, when all this crap is over (either/both cases), Kreep still has to practice in these courts on a more regular basis.

The love of power will not win over the power of love.
Orlando, Florida 6/12/16

Butterfly Bilderberg

Post by Butterfly Bilderberg » Tue Mar 29, 2011 9:56 pm

Referred to: Magistrate Judge Andrew J. Wistrich

Case in other court: Pennsylvania Eastern, 2:09-cv-01898

Cause: 28:1332 Diversity-Libel,Assault,Slander

Date Filed: 03/29/2011

Jury Demand: Both

Nature of Suit: 320 Assault Libel & Slander

Jurisdiction: DiversityJudge Wistrich is a former partner in Brown & Bain, now Perkins Coie Brown & Bain.

"A man has honor if he holds himself to an ideal of conduct though it is inconvenient, unprofitable, or dangerous to do so." - Walter Lippmann

Addie

Post by Addie » Tue Mar 29, 2011 9:59 pm

=))

Judge Wistrich is a former partner in Brown & Bain, now Perkins Coie Brown & Bain.

¡Qué vergüenza!

realist

Post by realist » Tue Mar 29, 2011 10:02 pm

There's also the possibility that Berg will just be a plaintiff and not appear as counsel.Just sayin'... Hey, anything's possible. :D

Butterfly Bilderberg

Post by Butterfly Bilderberg » Tue Mar 29, 2011 10:02 pm

I don't think Orly and the magistrate judge are going to get along ...

Jail Time For HIPAA Violator

Dom Nicastro, for HealthLeaders Media, April 30, 2010

United States Magistrate Judge Andrew J. Wistrich sentenced a former UCLA Healthcare System employee who admitted snooping at patients' records to four months in prison Tuesday, according to the U.S. Attorney's Office in the Central District of California.

Huping Zhou, 47, of Los Angeles, admitted to illegally reading private and confidential medical records, mostly from celebrities and other high-profile patients, the federal California attorney's office said in a release.

Wistrich condemned Zhou for his lack of respect for patient privacy, according to the release.[link]More,http://www.healthleadersmedia.com/conte ... A-Violator[/link]

"A man has honor if he holds himself to an ideal of conduct though it is inconvenient, unprofitable, or dangerous to do so." - Walter Lippmann

realist

Post by realist » Tue Mar 29, 2011 10:04 pm

I don't think Orly and the magistrate judge are going to get along ...OH MY!! :shock: Good for the magistrate judge. =D>

raicha

Post by raicha » Tue Mar 29, 2011 10:06 pm

There's also the possibility that Berg will just be a plaintiff and not appear as counsel.Just sayin'... Hey, anything's possible. :D Well, yes, but he can't leave his clients hanging. If Liberi is going to chase Taitz, they need someone who can be admitted in California. Liberi ought to get working on that, as Berg is unlikely to be approved in the OC.

realist

Post by realist » Tue Mar 29, 2011 10:12 pm

There's also the possibility that Berg will just be a plaintiff and not appear as counsel.Just sayin'... Hey, anything's possible. :D Well, yes, but he can't leave his clients hanging. If Liberi is going to chase Taitz, they need someone who can be admitted in California. Liberi ought to get working on that, as Berg is unlikely to be approved in the OC.Well, there's always the Kreep. He was willing to sponsor Berg, so...I dunno, just throwing stuff out. We'll see relatively soon, I suppose.

Foggy

Post by Foggy » Wed Mar 30, 2011 5:57 am

Karma is a bitch." - Jomas Thefferson

Return to “Phil Berg”