Assault on the Capitol (DC)

Maybenaut
Verified: ✅✅

Re: Assault on the Capitol (DC)

Post by Maybenaut »

Kendra wrote: Fri Mar 12, 2021 3:49 pm A group trial sounds kinda scary. Look at all the cray-cray that came out of the Bundy trials.
The judge jacked up the Bundy trial over Juror 4.
"Hey! We left this England place because it was bogus, and if we don't get some cool rules ourselves, pronto, we'll just be bogus too!" -- Thomas Jefferson
Kendra

Post by Kendra »

Blatant racism from
@RonJohnsonWI
here. He says he wasn’t worried on 1/6 because the majority-white insurrectionists who stormed the Capitol “love this country,” but says if they were Black Lives Matter protestors he would’ve been concerned for his safety. #WISen
Slim Cognito
Verified:

Post by Slim Cognito »

Can some newsperson play that recording to Officer Eugene Goodman on the air?

Or Officer Dunn, the man who was called the n-word repeatedly that day.
My Crested Yorkie, Gilda and her amazing hair.

ImageImageImage x4
Kendra

Post by Kendra »

Slim Cognito wrote: Fri Mar 12, 2021 6:21 pm Can some newsperson play that recording to Officer Eugene Goodman on the air?

Or Officer Dunn, the man who was called the n-word repeatedly that day.
I second that request.
June bug

Post by June bug »

Dear.God.Almighty.
Kendra

Post by Kendra »

I hope one of the Capitol Hill reporters grabs as many Repub senators as he/she can and ask what they think of those comments. And every Sunday morning talk show host asks every Repub senator they can get on their show to answer the question. We know Bartiromo and F&F don't count, they'd never ask the question or play the tape.
bill_g
Verified: ✅ Checked Republic ✓ ᵛᵉʳᶦᶠᶦᵉᵈ

Post by bill_g »

He said this would get him into trouble. Let's hope it does.
Kendra

Post by Kendra »

NEW: A Navy security contractor was arrested for rioting at the Capitol. Since then, investigators interviewed *44* of his colleagues and found he was widely known as a white supremacist, often expressed Jew hatred and even wore a Hitler mustache to work.
jcolvin2
Verified:

Post by jcolvin2 »

Senator Johnson must have been pretty confident that the insurrectionists would not mistake him for “the Big Jew.”
pipistrelle

Post by pipistrelle »

I'm fairly certain that at most of my various employers, such behavior would prompt a quick investigation and dismissal, not an "admonishment."
filly

Post by filly »

Kendra wrote: Sat Mar 13, 2021 11:30 am
NEW: A Navy security contractor was arrested for rioting at the Capitol. Since then, investigators interviewed *44* of his colleagues and found he was widely known as a white supremacist, often expressed Jew hatred and even wore a Hitler mustache to work.
Highly recommend clicking on this Politico piece. There's a link to the most recent court filing, which the article attempts to summarize. But the filing itself goes into some horrifying detail. Well worth the read.
AndyinPA
Verified:

Post by AndyinPA »

https://www.wgrz.com/article/news/crime ... 345a487b87

BUFFALO, N.Y. — A Buffalo man faces federal charges after authorities say he stole a badge and a radio from a D.C. police officer who was then beaten unconscious during the January 6th insurrection.

According to court documents, Thomas F. Sibick was interviewed on January 21 by FBI agents at his home for "potential information" related to the insurrection. The documents also say "Sibick posted a video of the riot to his Instagram account."

Sibick was taken into custody and later released to home incarceration at his father’s house after his appearance in federal court. His next appearance is scheduled for Tuesday.

Sibick has been charged with entering a restricted building, disorderly conduct, obstruction of law enforcement during civil disorder, and taking something of value by force.
Rachael Maddow was talking about him last night. He had buried the badge in his backyard.
"Choose your leaders with wisdom and forethought. To be led by a coward is to be controlled by all that the coward fears… To be led by a liar is to ask to be told lies." -Octavia E. Butler
Kendra

Post by Kendra »

Thanks Filly. I read the article, but not the court papers. Yikes!
tek

Post by tek »

Kendra wrote: Sat Mar 13, 2021 11:30 am
“Sergeant Getz stated that he did not feel compelled to include his observations of Defendant’s conduct, as reported to NCIS, in his letter to the Court,” prosecutors said. “Sergeant Getz elaborated that he wanted to ‘speak positively’ about Defendant for the bond hearing, and because he was not personally offended by Defendant’s conduct.”
Someone's got some 'splainin to do..
neonzx
Verified: 🤩✅✅✅✅✅🤩

Post by neonzx »

tek wrote: Sat Mar 13, 2021 12:29 pm
“Sergeant Getz stated that he did not feel compelled to include his observations of Defendant’s conduct, as reported to NCIS, in his letter to the Court,” prosecutors said. “Sergeant Getz elaborated that he wanted to ‘speak positively’ about Defendant for the bond hearing, and because he was not personally offended by Defendant’s conduct.”
Someone's got some 'splainin to do..
From my reading on it, it feels like there may have been some kind of intimidation/threats made against Getz by that third-party ("C.H.," was it?) to get him to change his story.
Volkonski
Verified:

Post by Volkonski »

Capitol riot cases strain court system
The Justice Department and the courts are going to extraordinary lengths to prosecute and process hundreds of people who allegedly breached the Capitol on Jan. 6th

https://www.politico.com/news/2021/03/1 ... ses-475081
A POLITICO review of the more than 250 (and climbing) cases related to the Capitol breach shows that federal prosecutors from Fort Lauderdale to Wichita to San Francisco have heeded that call. So far, over 30 cases are assigned to attorneys who appear to be outside the staff of the U.S. Attorney’s Office in Washington as it tackles what may be the most sprawling prosecution in U.S. history related to a single event.

For context: the office’s 2021 criminal caseload includes fewer than 20 federal prosecutions that aren’t connected to the Capitol assault.

The ever-expanding probe, which President Joe Biden’s incoming attorney general Merrick Garland has called his top immediate priority, has increasingly strained the justice system and required extraordinary measures to churn through a growing roster of cases. Dozens are simple trespassing cases, but others allege brutal assaults on Capitol police officers while a mob loyal to former President Donald Trump overran Congress and forced a delay in the formal counting of electoral votes. Hundreds more cases are expected to land on the docket in the next few weeks and months.

The number of cases assigned to prosecutors outside the ranks of the D.C. U.S. Attorney’s office is modest but is growing steadily as more and more suspects are identified — typically from a combination of videos taken from social media, surveillance cameras or body-worn cameras and tips from the public.
“If everyone fought for their own convictions there would be no war.” ― Leo Tolstoy, War and Peace
Luke
Location: @orly_licious With Pete Buttigieg and the other "open and defiant homosexuals" --Bryan Fischer AFA

Post by Luke »

Capitol rioter boasted he could access powerful weapons to 'take back' country, prosecutors say
Guy Reffitt, who drove from Texas to Washington, D.C., also said in recorded conversations that he and others were carrying firearms during the siege of the Capitol.
By KYLE CHENEY 03/13/2021 09:50 PM EST

A Texas man who joined a mob at the Capitol on Jan. 6 told two rioters he had set up a security company as a front to access law enforcement-grade weaponry that could be used to "take back our country," according to private, encrypted messages revealed Saturday by prosecutors. Guy Reffitt, who drove from Texas to Washington, D.C., also said in recorded conversations that he and others were carrying firearms during the siege of the Capitol. He also encouraged his two associates to join the "Texas Three Percenters" militia, according to the messages posted to Telegram. "I have a new security business to circumvent the 2nd Amendment issue," Reffitt told the pair. "Website is under construction but business is licensed with Secretary of State, Texas DPS, and Texas Board of Private Security. We can get ammo and weapons available to law enforcement. We have an interior certified training officer. Join us and lets take back our country. The fight has only just begun."

Prosecutors described the arrangement in an effort to persuade a judge that Reffitt is too dangerous to be released before his trial on charges related to the Capitol assault. Reffitt is a self-described Three Percenter, which prosecutors describe as an ideology rooted in the notion that the current government is the equivalent of British oppressors and can be overthrown by armed militias. They noted that Reffitt misled the FBI about his company — TTP Security, LLC — telling them it had no connection to the Texas Three Percenters. Rather, he said, it stood for "Tactics, Techniques, and Procedures.""However, the defendant’s January 9, 2021 Telegram message to his fellow rioters (and prospective TTP militia members) reveals this to be false," prosecutors said.

Reffit's post-Jan. 6 recruitment efforts were not the only startling aspect of prosecutors' allegations against him. They also revealed that his behavior before Jan. 6 had so alarmed his family that at least one member reported him to the FBI, worrying he was "going to do some serious damage" to Congress. And when Reffitt returned from D.C. on Jan. 8, a family member covertly recorded his conversations and shared them with law enforcement.
In recorded conversation with his family, Reffitt also indicated that his participation in the Jan. 6 events was "only the preface of the book." "It’s just a notification of what you’re going to read in the future," he said. In earlier filings, prosecutors revealed that Reffitt's son and daughter spoke to law enforcement. His son, in particular, said he believed his father had physically threatened him over any cooperation with the FBI. In Saturday's filing, prosecutors revealed Reffitt's son has since "taken substantial steps to secure his safety, including, among other things, relocating from his family’s home to an undisclosed location."
Lots more: https://www.politico.com/news/2021/03/1 ... ons-475744

Good to know the Feds can intercept encrypted messages like on Telegram. Yikes that the guy's son had to be relocated. Throw the book at this three incher.
Lt Root Beer of the Mighty 699th. Fogbow 💙s titular Mama June in Fogbow's Favourite Show™ Mama June: From Not To Hot! Fogbow's Theme Song™ Edith Massey's "I Got The Evidence!" https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=C5jDHZd0JAg
pipistrelle

Post by pipistrelle »

neonzx wrote: Fri Mar 12, 2021 4:02 pm
Federal officials estimate that about 10,000 rioters entered the Capitol grounds,[206] and more than 800 breached the building.[206]
If there are 400 arrests expected, I expect some of them would say "but what about those other 400 who weren't arrested???"
Lani

Post by Lani »

Another one indicted.

The idiot wore a school sweatshirt - Hershey Christian Academy in Pennsylvania. He comes from a very conservative family with a long history.
Image You can't wait until life isn't hard anymore before you decide to be happy.
pipistrelle

Post by pipistrelle »

Lani wrote: Sun Mar 14, 2021 9:45 pm Another one indicted.

The idiot wore a school sweatshirt - Hershey Christian Academy in Pennsylvania. He comes from a very conservative family with a long history.
His father is William F. Buckley’s nephew.
neonzx

Post by neonzx »

pipistrelle wrote: Sun Mar 14, 2021 9:31 am
Federal officials estimate that about 10,000 rioters entered the Capitol grounds,[206] and more than 800 breached the building.[206]
If there are 400 arrests expected, I expect some of them would say "but what about those other 400 who weren't arrested???"
That's not how criminal prosecutions go. You answer for your own crimes. There is no "but, but, but ... those other people were doing things, too."

It''s not child's play game. They need to grow up.
Dave from down under

Post by Dave from down under »

neonzx wrote: Mon Mar 15, 2021 12:24 am
That's not how criminal prosecutions go. You answer for your own crimes. There is no "but, but, but ... those other people were doing things, too."

It's not FAIR!!!!!!!!

WAHHHHH....

Ammon got to do it... he got away with it... why are they picking on me.. I just wanted to lynch my enemies including the US constitution for treason to Donnie and my sense of entitlement and privilege...

Wahhhhhhhhh...............
neonzx

Post by neonzx »

Dave from down under wrote: Mon Mar 15, 2021 12:33 am
neonzx wrote: Mon Mar 15, 2021 12:24 am

It's not FAIR!!!!!!!!

WAHHHHH....

Ammon got to do it... he got away with it... why are they picking on me.. I just wanted to lynch my enemies including the US constitution for treason to Donnie and my sense of entitlement and privilege...

Wahhhhhhhhh...............
And, exactly. They can all go F-themselves. :whistle:
much ado

Post by much ado »

"Okay. Just tell us who they are. We'll go arrest them, too."
neonzx

Post by neonzx »

much ado wrote: Mon Mar 15, 2021 1:05 am
"Okay. Just tell us who they are. We'll go arrest them, too."
We don't need to arrest the other 50% ... this crap is never going to happen again in our most our lifelines and they are scared as all. Most of them know they fucked up -- following lemmings. Stupid, yeah. :towel:

Return to “The January 6 Insurrection, including Criminal Cases”