Phil Berg’s Failed GoFundMe

Loren

Phil Berg’s Failed GoFundMe

Post by Loren »

After discovering Phil Berg has an intermittently active Twitter account @PhilipJBerg (which now mostly involves him posting supportive replies to Donald Trump), I saw that he launched a GoFundMe fundraiser in April to pressure Congress to institute universal voter IDs.

His fundraising goal? One Million Dollars.

The amount he’s actually raised in the last three months? $0.

https://www.gofundme.com/f/1md3o9p79c

Also, the featured (and only) photo accompanying the fundraiser is just a selfie of Phil holding what appears to be a slushee or a milkshake.

pipistrelle

Re: Phil Berg’s Failed GoFundMe

Post by pipistrelle »

Loren wrote:
Sun Jul 28, 2019 9:57 am
After discovering Phil Berg has an intermittently active Twitter account @PhilipJBerg (which now mostly involves him posting supportive replies to Donald Trump), I saw that he launched a GoFundMe fundraiser in April to pressure Congress to institute universal voter IDs.

His fundraising goal? One Million Dollars.

The amount he’s actually raised in the last three months? $0.

https://www.gofundme.com/f/1md3o9p79c

Also, the featured (and only) photo accompanying the fundraiser is just a selfie of Phil holding what appears to be a slushee or a milkshake.
Well, given a choice between this and friends getting complex medical care for their toddler . . . I'm going to go with the toddler. Sorry. Am surprised he hasn't even gotten one donation. Hasn't even seeded himself. Cashiers know to do that with the tip jar.

pipistrelle

Post by pipistrelle »

Thank you for helping to protect “our” U.S. Constitution and “our” United States!
Nice use of scare quotes.

Reality Check

Post by Reality Check »

The words "Phil Berg" and "failed" seem to be found together a lot. :lol:
"“If you’re not outraged, you’re not paying attention.”

Heather Heyer, November 2016

Return to “Phil Berg”