Matt Gaetz - Matthew Louis Gaetz II R-FL1 Bday May 7, 1982 Taurus / Dog & His Helper, Nestor Galban

These people suck. They are bad people.
Volkonski
Verified:

Re: Matthew "Matt" Louis Gaetz II R-FL1 "Soulless, Power-Hungry Ghoul" "Petulant Idiot" & His Helper, Nestor Galban

Post by Volkonski »

Feds looking beyond Florida in investigation of Rep. Gaetz, sources say
"I have not had a relationship with a 17-year-old," Gaetz said Tuesday night.

https://abcnews.go.com/Politics/feds-fl ... itter_abcn
The investigation, first reported by the New York Times Tuesday and confirmed by ABC News, has sent shockwaves through Republican circles, particularly among close associates of former President Donald Trump, who considered Gaetz a staunch ally and loyal friend.

:snippity:

One source told ABC News that federal authorities have already interviewed multiple witnesses as part of their probe.

Gaetz has reportedly told confidants he is considering retiring from Congress and possibly joining the right-wing media outlet Newsmax, according to an Axios report earlier Tuesday.

Yet within the last several weeks Gaetz started reaching out to prominent attorneys, according to one source. The source said that one of the attorneys Gaetz asked to represent him was Washington attorney Bill Burck, who represented Steve Bannon, Reince Priebus and Don McGahn during the Mueller probe.
“If everyone fought for their own convictions there would be no war.” ― Leo Tolstoy, War and Peace
Luke
Location: @orly_licious With Pete Buttigieg and the other "open and defiant homosexuals" --Bryan Fischer AFA

Re: Matthew "Matt" Louis Gaetz II R-FL1 "Soulless, Power-Hungry Ghoul" "Petulant Idiot" & His Helper, Nestor Galban

Post by Luke »

OK so the Washington Examiner just posted what they say are documents and text messages about this: https://www.washingtonexaminer.com/news ... -extortion

Even from these, it appears McGee was just the lawyer, the $25M was in connection with Levinson's release. Just skimmed them; at 6:30pm Congressman Ted Deutsch is doing a virtual/phone town hall and helping out. If you're in Florida and want to see it, it's https://www.facebook.com/CongressmanTedDeutch

Full Examiner story: https://www.washingtonexaminer.com/news ... ion-scheme

Don't believe Matty or the Examiner so we will see. Hard to imagine somebody credible would write "...been in political prisoner..." But also shows it's old. And terrible nails on the dude.

ETA: OK, calling BULLSHIT. The US Government said Levinson was dead in 2020, before Biden. So why would Biden be involved in a pardon? Could they really be this stupid? Don't bother answering that. And why would they be raising funds for release when he was already announced dead? This seems like Jacob Wohl level incompetence.
Bob Levinson of Coral Springs died in Iranian custody, US government says
By ANTHONY MAN SOUTH FLORIDA SUN SENTINEL DEC 14, 2020 AT 2:54 PM
The Trump administration concluded that Levinson was dead months ago, but Monday was the first time it said so publicly. The administration also identified two Iranian intelligence officers they believe were responsible for his abduction. Sanctions were imposed on the Iranians, though the sanctions may have no practical effect.
https://www.sun-sentinel.com/news/polit ... story.html
Lt Root Beer of the Mighty 699th. Fogbow 💙s titular Mama June in Fogbow's Favourite Show™ Mama June: From Not To Hot! Fogbow's Theme Song™ Edith Massey's "I Got The Evidence!" https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=C5jDHZd0JAg
sugar magnolia

Post by sugar magnolia »

I'm not a lawyer and all that but the letter reads as if McGee isn't actually in on this. He "shall be" instructed to do such-and-such sounds more like "send us the money and this is what we'll tell him to do." Is there any reason to believe McGee is actively involved in any of this?
fierceredpanda
Location: BAR Headquarters - Turn left at the portrait of George III
Occupation: Criminal defense attorney. I am not your lawyer. My posts != legal advice.

Post by fierceredpanda »

It seems to me that McGee has cause of action against Gaetz for publicly defaming him.

Pray continue, Congressman.
"There's no play here. There's no angle. There's no champagne room. I'm not a miracle worker, I'm a janitor. The math on this is simple. The smaller the mess, the easier it is for me to clean up." -Michael Clayton
Suranis

Post by Suranis »

So...someone is saying that Biden planed to pardon a guy who used underage hookers for the price of raising the money and getting a guy free from kidnapping?

I'm smelling the scent of ... Eu de Taureau here. The Press and the Internet would go apeshit.
Hic sunt dracones
Uninformed

Post by Uninformed »

Gaetz’s Twitter is worth a look if you want to see all the usual suspects pretending to believe his crap.
If you can't lie to yourself, who can you lie to?
filly

Post by filly »

Yes, this looks like some kind of set up on McGee. It also doesn't make much sense if Levenson is dead, as Orlylicious set out. Keep your eye on the ball. I detect a Roger Stone scheme here.
FiveAcres

Post by FiveAcres »

I've read stuff in my spam folder from Nigerian princes that made more sense.
Avatar was a photo I took by Killary Fjord in 2005. Killary Fjord is in Northern Connemara, Ireland.
MN-Skeptic

Post by MN-Skeptic »

The part that gets me is the idea that Biden would pardon Gaetz's illegal sex with a minor girl. Certainly Trump might consider it, but Biden? Really? Nope. Not even a possibility.
Luke
Location: @orly_licious With Pete Buttigieg and the other "open and defiant homosexuals" --Bryan Fischer AFA

Post by Luke »

Well, since Matty has built up so much goodwill with traditional Republicans and across the aisle, folks are being reserved in their judgments. 🥳

Lt Root Beer of the Mighty 699th. Fogbow 💙s titular Mama June in Fogbow's Favourite Show™ Mama June: From Not To Hot! Fogbow's Theme Song™ Edith Massey's "I Got The Evidence!" https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=C5jDHZd0JAg
Notaperson

Post by Notaperson »

Gaetz investigation complicated by overture to his father about ex-FBI agent who went missing
Rep. Matt Gaetz, a Florida Republican known for his fierce allegiance to former president Donald Trump, had been under Justice Department investigation for months for a possible sex crime when two men approached his father with a proposal, people familiar with the matter said.

The men had learned of the investigation, they wrote to Don Gaetz, and wanted to offer an opportunity to help his son, the people said. He could give a huge sum of money to fund their effort to locate Robert A. Levinson — the longest-held American hostage in Iran, whose family has said they were told he is dead. If the operation were a success, he would win public favor and help alleviate Matt Gaetz’s legal woes.

But Don Gaetz, a prominent Florida Republican who once led the state Senate, viewed the communication suspiciously, the people said, speaking on the condition of anonymity to describe a continuing and politically sensitive probe.The investigation into Matt Gaetz’s alleged crime — he is suspected of having sex with a 17-year-old girl, as well as funding her travel — was not public knowledge. Fearing his family was being extorted, Don Gaetz contacted the FBI.
:snippity:
The men who approached Don Gaetz, people familiar with the matter said, had no apparent connection to the sex-crimes investigation of his son, other than having somehow learned about it before it was publicly reported.
https://www.washingtonpost.com/national ... story.html
Suranis

Post by Suranis »

Wow. the guy wearing a wire was working for the FBI. You don't say.

Found the tweet above

Hic sunt dracones
Luke

Post by Luke »

Lengthy POLITICO story about Matty. Begins with:
Gaetz runs the Trump playbook for scandal: Keep talking, and talking
One thing the former president proved is that unless you're Donald Trump and sit in the White House, his strategy doesn't work as well.
Ever since the first report that he faced a Department of Justice investigation into potential trafficking of an underage girl, Rep. Matt Gaetz has channeled the former president as he tries to explain the inquiry away.
By KYLE CHENEY and MATT DIXON 03/31/2021 05:32 PM EDT

A person in serious legal jeopardy tends to, per their lawyer’s advice, shut up. Matt Gaetz is handling his current problems a little differently. Trying to deflect from the threat of a federal criminal investigation for potential trafficking of a minor, Gaetz raced to Twitter, Fox News and other outlets seeking maximum exposure — a flood-the-zone approach reminiscent of Donald Trump’s strategy for talking his way through scandal. And so the GOP congressman from Florida, to the bewilderment of legal experts, made himself unavoidable for comment as the threat to his political career began to metastasize. "My hope is that the truth will set me free, so I'm trying to get as much truth out as possible,” Gaetz, who represents a Florida panhandle district, said in an interview Wednesday.

It’s an unorthodox strategy that former prosecutors and defense attorneys described as dubious and perhaps even counterproductive, since Gaetz's interviews this week risk handing fodder to prosecutors as they build a possible trafficking case against him. But Gaetz's path, they said, is well-worn by politicians who are more concerned about the court of public opinion than the courtroom — none more visibly than the former president whose politics Gaetz has championed. “It would seem to me that he is digging himself a deeper hole,” David Weinstein, a former assistant U.S. attorney from the Southern District of Florida, said of Gaetz. “His statements yesterday seem to have given credence to the allegations, not defeated them.”

Ever since the first report that he faced a Department of Justice investigation into potential trafficking of an underage girl, Gaetz has channeled the former president as he tries to explain the inquiry away. One of Gaetz's claims is eerily similar to Trump's response to the federal probe of his ties to Russia: It's all part of a DOJ-orchestrated smear, the congressperson says, meant to silence a prominent conservative. Other Gaetz responses served as further distractions, all without definitive proof or refutation of the trafficking allegation he faces: It’s an elaborate extortion plot, he says, meant to bilk his wealthy family of millions. Oh, and DOJ once attempted to convince a previous romantic interest to pin him with a pay-for-play scandal, he adds. And by the way, Gaetz says, his dad was planning to wear a wire to catch the current extortionists, one of whom had a bizarre request related to freeing an American hostage in Iran.

Thus went the first 24 hours of Gaetz’s ongoing media blitz, which began minutes after The New York Times broke the first story about the trafficking probe. Along the way, he admitted that he’s ferried romantic interests across state lines, paying for their travel, but he insisted the young women were all of legal age and that he was simply being chivalrous. Those comments, legal experts said, run counter to the typical defense strategy of denying allegations and lay low.
https://www.politico.com/news/2021/03/3 ... dal-478740

As President Obama so beautifully put it: Please proceed.
Gregg

Post by Gregg »

:bag:
Supreme Commander, Imperial Illuminati Air Force
:dog:

You don't have to consent, but I'm gonna tase you anyway.
neonzx
Verified: 🤩✅✅✅✅✅🤩

Post by neonzx »

The dude is going to prison. It's not if, but when.
p0rtia

Post by p0rtia »

MN-Skeptic wrote: Wed Mar 31, 2021 9:14 pm The part that gets me is the idea that Biden would pardon Gaetz's illegal sex with a minor girl. Certainly Trump might consider it, but Biden? Really? Nope. Not even a possibility.
One of several elements that reveal the memo as a work of fiction.
sterngard friegen

Post by sterngard friegen »

"I never traveled across state lines with a 17 year old girl" is true if she was only 16.
Neither disbarred nor disciplined after representing President Barack Obama. :oldman:
Azastan
Verified:

Post by Azastan »

sterngard friegen wrote: Thu Apr 01, 2021 9:49 am "I never traveled across state lines with a 17 year old girl" is true if she was only 16.
Or if the border line was an international border line.

See: '...my 5th grade Canadian girlfriend'.
noblepa

Post by noblepa »

sterngard friegen wrote: Thu Apr 01, 2021 9:49 am "I never traveled across state lines with a 17 year old girl" is true if she was only 16.
Well, she may not be 17 NOW, so technically, his statement is true.
bill_g
Verified: ✅ Checked Republic ✓ ᵛᵉʳᶦᶠᶦᵉᵈ

Post by bill_g »

Question on pronunciation of his last name: long A, or short E? Gates or Gets?

TIA
somerset

Post by somerset »

bill_g wrote: Thu Apr 01, 2021 10:35 am Question on pronunciation of his last name: long A, or short E? Gates or Gets?

TIA
Gates
Phoenix520
Verified:

Post by Phoenix520 »

That whole Rescue Levenson for a cool 25mil and your kid’s problems will vanish thing sounds like the kind of hand-wavy* thing Joel Greenburg would come up with. That guy is kinda loco. :crazy:

* “I’ll distract them with this bs while you run away!”
sugar magnolia

Post by sugar magnolia »

The only thing missing was letters cut out of the newspaper.
p0rtia

Post by p0rtia »

sugar magnolia wrote: Thu Apr 01, 2021 12:19 pm The only thing missing was letters cut out of the newspaper.
:rimshot:
filly

Post by filly »

Don't get distracted by the shiny objects. The investigation of Gaetz was launched after the FBI got Greeberg's computers and other electronic devices. What they found made Barr so nervous he refused to be photographed with Gaetz. Does anyone think all of these resources would be poured into an investigation about one 17 year old girl, especially by the Barr DOJ?

Return to “Worst of the Right-Wing Pieholes”