Georgia US Senate Elections

Let's get back to normalcy. Does normalcy fit into your schedule?
Volkonski
Verified:

Georgia US Senate Elections

Post by Volkonski »

Georgia Republican Perdue will not seek Senate return in 2022

https://www.reuters.com/article/us-usa- ... ce=twitter
The 71-year-old former businessman ruled out a comeback only a week after he filed a statement of candidacy with the Federal Election Commission and said he was considering another run for the Senate.

“This is a personal decision, not a political one,” Perdue said in a statement on Twitter. “I am confident that whoever wins the Republican primary next year will defeat the Democratic candidate in the general election for this seat.”

Perdue lost to Democratic Senator Jon Ossoff on the same day that fellow Georgia Republican Senator Kelly Loeffler was defeated by Warnock, allowing Democrats to take control of the Senate for the first time since 2015.

The two Democratic Senate victories capped a seismic political shift in Georgia, a long-time Republican stronghold that Democratic President Joe Biden won in November over former President Donald Trump.
“If everyone fought for their own convictions there would be no war.” ― Leo Tolstoy, War and Peace
raison de arizona
Verified: ✔️ he/him/his

Re: Georgia US Senate Elections

Post by raison de arizona »

Good riddance.
“Remember, democracy never lasts long. It soon wastes, exhausts, and murders itself. There never was a democracy yet that did not commit suicide.” —John Adams
Uninformed

Post by Uninformed »

Making way for the former first daughter; to be announced at CPAC. :mrgreen:
If you can't lie to yourself, who can you lie to?
Frater I*I
Verified: ✅Verified Devilish Hyena

Post by Frater I*I »

Uninformed wrote: Tue Feb 23, 2021 3:55 pm Making way for the former first daughter; to be announced at CPAC. :mrgreen:
She will find that tough, Insider Trading Barbie wouldn't have made it through a primary.
"He sewed his eyes shut because he is afraid to see, He tries to tell me what I put inside of me
He's got the answers to ease my curiosity, He dreamed a god up and called it Christianity"

Trent Reznor
raison de arizona
Verified: ✔️ he/him/his

Post by raison de arizona »

“Remember, democracy never lasts long. It soon wastes, exhausts, and murders itself. There never was a democracy yet that did not commit suicide.” —John Adams

Return to “Biden Administration”