Taitz v. Johnson (I & II) (and Texas v. Obama) (S.D. Tex., 5th Cir., SCOTUS)

Butterfly Bilderberg

Taitz v. Johnson (I & II) (and Texas v. Obama) (S.D. Texas)

Post by Butterfly Bilderberg » Tue Feb 17, 2015 10:08 pm

They're federal court of appeals judges. They may be conservative, but they're going to follow the law when Hanen refuses to do so.

Some legal commentators have suggested that he Fifth Circuit's decision in Villas at Parkside Partner v. City of Farmer's Branch, Texas is strong evidence that the appellate court will overturn Judge Hanen. I'm not sure I agree with their analysis, given Hanen's basis for the PI, but it will be interesting to watch oral argument if the court requests.
"Pity the nation that acclaims the bully as hero,
and that deems the glittering conqueror bountiful."
- Kahlil Gibran, The Garden of The Prophet

Mark

Post by Mark » Tue Feb 17, 2015 10:11 pm

DOJ now files in appeals court this morning, no?

Wednesday morning. The federal courts are closed today in New Orleans. Administrative closure due to Mardi Gras.

And who's likely to show up for work tomorrow? Save us some beads. :trombone:
And that's all I have to say about that. :smoking:

Tomtech

Post by Tomtech » Tue Feb 17, 2015 10:54 pm

Hasn't the DACA went through the proper steps to comply with the ACA? Isn't it premature to enjoin DAPA since it hasn't been implemented? Is there any doubt that the Justice Department will comply with the ACA before implementing DAPA?

Basing the injunction on compliance with ACA seems to be a delaying tactic so that Judge Hanen can keep the case alive.

gatsby

Post by gatsby » Tue Feb 17, 2015 11:00 pm

Wednesday morning. The federal courts are closed today in New Orleans. Administrative closure due to Mardi Gras.

And who's likely to show up for work tomorrow? Save us some beads. :trombone:

Everything I know about Mardi Gras I learned from "Cops."

Butterfly Bilderberg

Post by Butterfly Bilderberg » Tue Feb 17, 2015 11:23 pm

Attn. Hanen: Someone is lacking attention, and will be sending you some love soon:

I need your help in reviewing transcripts of 2 hearings before Judge Hanen

I am trying to find an area in one of these transcripts, where Judge Hanen stated that there was an illegal alien with active Tuberculosis, who was brought to his courtroom and could infect his staff.

There were 2 full day hearings and about 400 pages of transcript. Can you help me find this part?

:twisted: http://www.orlytaitzesq.com/i-need-your ... dge-hanen/ :twisted:

True dat. What we in the legal profession refer to as a "tar baby." (No racism implied or intended. --->>> It's an analogy to Brer Rabbit's predicament.)

When Orly does not find the statement that she mis-remembers Judge Hanen making, what are the odds that she will claim that story in her filing anyway?

GreatGrey

Post by GreatGrey » Wed Feb 18, 2015 2:31 am

So here's this white judge in Brownsville Texas, a city that is 92% Hispanic.

Ya don't suppose Hanen's gained some new security buddies?
I am not "someone upthread".
Trump needs to be smashed into some kind of inedible orange pâté.

Chilidog

Post by Chilidog » Wed Feb 18, 2015 5:48 am

Lucky timing by Hanen there. He gets two days of free publicity.

Chilidog

Post by Chilidog » Wed Feb 18, 2015 8:13 am

They're federal court of appeals judges. They may be conservative, but they're going to follow the law when Hanen refuses to do so.

I wish I were that confident. After all, an appeals court upheld Hobby Lobby and the current challenge to the ACA that is pending before SCOTUS.

Would it be one judge, or a three judge panel?

realist

Post by realist » Wed Feb 18, 2015 8:28 am

Attn. Hanen: Someone is lacking attention, and will be sending you some love soon:

I need your help in reviewing transcripts of 2 hearings before Judge Hanen

I am trying to find an area in one of these transcripts, where Judge Hanen stated that there was an illegal alien with active Tuberculosis, who was brought to his courtroom and could infect his staff.

There were 2 full day hearings and about 400 pages of transcript. Can you help me find this part?

:twisted: http://www.orlytaitzesq.com/i-need-your ... dge-hanen/ :twisted:

True dat. What we in the legal profession refer to as a "tar baby." (No racism implied or intended. --->>> It's an analogy to Brer Rabbit's predicament.)

When Orly does not find the statement that she mis-remembers Judge Hanen making, what are the odds that she will claim that story in her filing anyway?

The court reporter was able to insert Orly's remembering....

Paula HoehnFebruary 17th, 2015 @ 8:56 pm

Dear Orly,

The incident is recalled by Judge Hanen in the second document: “Taitz v Johnson, Burwell, Obama October 29 Transcript” on page 89 & 90 of 224 pages:

Line 18: THE COURT: Let me — we have had people with active TB

Line 19: in this courtroom, which I assume since they were arrested and

Line 20: gone through various — you know, according to what you’re

Line 21: telling me, medical screenings and been in jail for a while

Line 22: before they ever get to us, I mean, we’ve had active TB people,

Line 23: immigrants in this courtroom. In this courtroom. You know, I

Line 24: mean, exposed Cristi and our interpreter and Barbara exposed to

Line 25: it. I’m, of course, hiding behind these screens up here so I’m

Line 1: okay. But, I mean, how does someone like that get in this

Line 2: courtroom with active TB?

—-

Paula

ImageX 4 ImageX36

Foggy

Post by Foggy » Wed Feb 18, 2015 10:49 am

I wish I were that confident. After all, an appeals court upheld Hobby Lobby and the current challenge to the ACA that is pending before SCOTUS.

You're right, my friend. I was tired after a long day and didn't make my own thoughts clear. I'm not making any predictions. I was saying why many legal experts -- which I'm not, having not practiced in this century -- were predicting Hanen would be overturned.

I have no idea what's really going to happen with this. I'm paying attention to current events, and we'll just have to see where this goes.

Any time my questions are all fully answered, I know I'm asking the wrong questions. - Bernard Samson

bob

Post by bob » Wed Feb 18, 2015 11:41 am

I think Taitz is going to throw some paper that says because there has been active TB patients in Hanen's courtroom, and the CDC admitted that drug-resistant TB patients have crossed the border, that Hanen himself has standing! :shock:
Imagex6 Imagex2 Imagex4 Imagex2

realist

Post by realist » Wed Feb 18, 2015 12:02 pm

I think Taitz is going to throw some paper that says because there has been active TB patients in Hanen's courtroom, and the CDC admitted that drug-resistant TB patients have crossed the border, that Hanen himself has standing! :shock:

Sounds like something she would do.

:-bd
ImageX 4 ImageX36

Shizzle Popped

Post by Shizzle Popped » Wed Feb 18, 2015 12:13 pm

I thought that driver's license fees were what was supposed to pay for the "service" in the first place. At least that is the excuse they use in my state every time they hike the fees again and cut back on services.

So I think Hanen is stretching it more than just a bit.

I think you're right. As far as I can tell, in 2013 (the latest year I could find complete numbers for) Texas collected $132M in Drivers License Fees and spent a little over $25M in Drivers License Services. If you add in Driving and Motor Vehicle Safety, that adds $107M in expenses, but is more than offset by $190M in Vehicle Inspection Fees

https://www.txdps.state.tx.us/LBB/operatingBudget.pdf (pages 38-41)

http://www.texastransparency.org/State_ ... e_2014.pdf (pages 97 & 147)

This doesn't include vehicle registrations or other fees which were >$1.5B (I would allocate that to road funds). Looks like a profit center to me.
If Trump was a stopped clock he still wouldn't be right twice a day.

realist

Post by realist » Wed Feb 18, 2015 12:15 pm

:twisted: http://www.orlytaitzesq.com/please-sham ... t/:twisted:

Please, shame these 7 RINO Republican governors, demand they join 26 states suing Obama regime to stop amnesty, melt the phone lines to their offices, don’t stop until they join the law suit!

Posted on | February 18, 2015 | No Comments

It is very important for citizens to expose and shame the following governors, who [hlyellow]claim to be Republican, but who did not join the law suit to stop lawless Obama amnesty.[/hlyellow]

Here are the states where the governors actually care for their citizens and want to stop the theft of American jobs and benefits by illegal aliens:

TX, AL, AR, AZ, FL, GA, ID, IN, KS, LA, ME, MI, MS, MT, NC, ND, NE, OH, OK, SC, SD, TN, UT, WT, WV, WI,

On the other hand, here is a list of Benedict Arnolds, turn-coat RINO Republican governors, who sold out and did not join the laws suit:

1. Chris Christy, governor of NJ

New Jersey

2. Susanna Martnez, governor of NM

New Mexico

3. Brian Sandoval, governor of NV

Nevada

4. Terry Branstad, governor of IA

Iowa

5.Charlie Baker, governor of MA

Massachusetts

6. Bruce Rauner, governor of IL

Illinois

7. Larry Hogan, governor of MD

Maryland

First and [hlyellow]for most[/hlyellow], we have to expose the biggest fraud and the biggest RINO, Chris Christy. It is important to expose Christy, as he is a top contender for the US presidency in 2016, he claims to be a Republican, he claims to care about American workers, however he did not join the lawsuit to stop Obama’s amnesty, aka theft of American jobs and benefits.

Please, [hlyellow]call[/hlyellow] Christy’s office and [hlyellow]demand[/hlyellow] that he join.

Further, burn the phone lines and faxes of the other 6 turn-coats and demand that they join the lawsuit by 26 Republican governors, led by Greg Abbott of TX, and demand to stop Obama-amnesty. If these 7 Republican governors do not join this case, it [hlyellow]is a sure sign that they are as treasonous as Democrats or they are simply Democrats in drag.[/hlyellow]

By Dr. Orly Taitz, ESQ

ImageX 4 ImageX36

TexasFilly

Post by TexasFilly » Wed Feb 18, 2015 12:23 pm

Yeah, call Christy's office! :lol:
I love the poorly educated!!!

I believe Anita Hill! I believe Dr. Ford!

Shizzle Popped

Post by Shizzle Popped » Wed Feb 18, 2015 12:33 pm

6. Bruce Rauner, governor of IL

Illinois

Yeah, that's not going to happen. Illinois is my home state and Rauner is a Republican governor in a left-leaning state. I don't get the impression that he's a total RWNJ either. He supports a higher minimum wage for one thing. And then there's the fact that the Attorney General for the last 12 years has been Democrat Lisa Madigan, who is no fool. There's no way she would get herself wrapped up in this turkey of a lawsuit.
If Trump was a stopped clock he still wouldn't be right twice a day.

Dolly

Post by Dolly » Wed Feb 18, 2015 12:50 pm

" expose and shame the following governors" from the woman with NO SHAME. :roll:

2. Susanna [hlyellow]Martnez[/hlyellow], governor of NM

Orly is so fickle.

Posted on | May 24, 2014

Promotion of Julian Castro, likely VP candidate in 2016, GOP might need to consider Suzanna Martinez in rebuttal

Governor of New Mexico Suzanna Martinez appears to be the perfect choice. Martinez will be able to capture both Hispanic and women’s votes for the GOP and counter Julian Castro

http://thefogbow.com/forum/topic/86-orl ... ntry543717
Avatar by Tal Peleg Art of Makeup https://www.facebook.com/TalPelegMakeUp

Butterfly Bilderberg

Post by Butterfly Bilderberg » Wed Feb 18, 2015 12:56 pm

Attn. Hanen: Someone is lacking attention, and will be sending you some love soon:I need your help in reviewing transcripts of 2 hearings before Judge Hanen

There were 2 full day hearings and about 400 pages of transcript. Can you help me find this part? :twisted: http://www.orlytaitzesq.com/i-need-your ... dge-hanen/ :twisted:True dat. What we in the legal profession refer to as a "tar baby." (No racism implied or intended. --->>> It's an analogy to Brer Rabbit's predicament.)

When Orly does not find the statement that she mis-remembers Judge Hanen making, what are the odds that she will claim that story in her filing anyway?The court reporter was able to insert Orly's remembering....Paula Hoehn

February 17th, 2015 @ 8:56 pm

Dear Orly,

The incident is recalled by Judge Hanen in the second document: “Taitz v Johnson, Burwell, Obama October 29 Transcript” on page 89 & 90 of 224 pages:

Line 18: THE COURT: Let me — we have had people with active TB

Line 19: in this courtroom, which I assume since they were arrested and

Line 20: gone through various — you know, according to what you’re

Line 21: telling me, medical screenings and been in jail for a while

Line 22: before they ever get to us, I mean, we’ve had active TB people,

Line 23: immigrants in this courtroom. In this courtroom. You know, I

Line 24: mean, exposed Cristi and our interpreter and Barbara exposed to

Line 25: it. I’m, of course, hiding behind these screens up here so I’m

Line 1: okay. But, I mean, how does someone like that get in this

Line 2: courtroom with active TB?

—-

PaulaBut Paula stops short of the witness's answer, which puts the judge's observation into context: Those with active TB would be in the courtroom because they were remanded to the U.S. Marshal to be brought before the court for an appearance in a criminal prosecution. The fact that the defendant is known to have TB is due to the screening by the ICE -- evidence that the status quo works as it is intended.

The transcript doesn't help Orly, it actually hurts her argument.

T88's best argument is one she didn't raise: That she would suffer irreparable harm in having to issue federally-compliant driver's licenses at a net financial loss, because United States v. Arizona. Or Benghazi. Or sumptin'. And this violated the notice and comment requirement for agency rulemaking.

Judge Hanen out-convoluted Orly. 'Cept he did it with one font and good formatting.

realist

Post by realist » Wed Feb 18, 2015 1:04 pm

But Paula stops short of the witness's answer, which puts the judge's observation into context: Those with active TB would be in the courtroom because they were remanded to the U.S. Marshal to be brought before the court for an appearance in a criminal prosecution. The fact that the defendant is known to have TB is due to the screening by the ICE -- evidence that the status quo works as it is intended.

:-$
ImageX 4 ImageX36

Roboe

Post by Roboe » Wed Feb 18, 2015 1:56 pm

Is it just me or is it a bit meta to hear Orly to talk about immigrants with TB appearing in courtrooms?

ObjectiveDoubter

Post by ObjectiveDoubter » Wed Feb 18, 2015 3:46 pm

OMFSM! She is kvelliing every way she can about how this all came about because of her ridiculous suit! Her Narcissism prevents her from absorbing the truth: That she has been completely ignored and is considered irrelevant. Poor, dear Narcissist OrLena.

Butterfly Bilderberg

Post by Butterfly Bilderberg » Wed Feb 18, 2015 4:05 pm

Ditched by her date at the prom.

ducktape

Post by ducktape » Wed Feb 18, 2015 4:08 pm

OMFSM! She is kvelliing every way she can about how this all came about because of her ridiculous suit!

You knew that was going to happen.

bob

Post by bob » Wed Feb 18, 2015 4:25 pm

OC Weekly: Judge Who Heard Orly Taitz Suits is Same Who Temporarily Halted Obama Immigration Orders:When I saw a headline stating that a federal judge in Texas had temporarily blocked President Obama's executive order on immigration, I thought, "It couldn't be Judge Andrew Hanen, could it?" Then when I scrolled down to see it was indeed Hanen, I thought, "Holy crap, Orly Taitz did not actually win a lawsuit, did she?" Alas, Hanen's order is related to a suit brought by 26 states, not the ones filed by the Rancho Santa Margarita lawyer/dentist/real estate saleslady/fly in the judicial system ointment.* * *The judge who President George W. Bush nominated to the federal bench in 2002 regularly handles border cases but wasn't known for being outspoken on immigration until he suggested in a 2013 ruling that the Homeland Security Department should be arresting parents living in the U.S. illegally who induce their children to cross the border illegally. [hlyellow]Some who follow the exploits of so-called Queen of the Birfers Taitz[/hlyellow] claim she shopped for Judge Hanen to hear her "emergency request" last August aimed at stopping the transfer of undocumented immigrants in federal custody from South Texas to California, alleging they take jobs away from citizens and bring with them increased crime and infectious diseases. :wave:
Imagex6 Imagex2 Imagex4 Imagex2

Jim

Post by Jim » Wed Feb 18, 2015 4:32 pm

Does the Government have to give the court a notice that they will be appealing? Can't wait to read the government's appeal taking apart Hanen's reasoning. 8-)

Return to “Orly Taitz”