Spring forward.
To delete this message, click the X at top right.

Mark Jerome Johnson Blount, Gentleman-Esquire, of Noble, Royal, & Knightly Descent, a Posterity Sovereign

These people are weird, but we like to find out what weird people are doing and thinking. It's a hobby.
chancery
Verified:

Mark Jerome Johnson Blount, Gentleman-Esquire, of Noble, Royal, & Knightly Descent, a Posterity Sovereign

Post by chancery »

So here we have a pro se federal complaint filed by Mark Jerome Johnson Blount, a Georgia lawyer with a Duke University law degree and an ancestor fetish who is also a sovereign citizen gun freak.

https://storage.courtlistener.com/recap ... .1.0_1.pdf

It’s 189 pages of high-strung prose, and the self-described "one of the most intelligent attorneys in this country" filed his pleading as an image rather than a searchable pdf. I’ve transcribed a few choice bits from the couple dozen pages that I’ve skimmed.
COMES NOW, Plaintiff, Mark Jerome Johnson Blount, Gentleman-Esquire, Juris Doctor, graduate of Duke University School of Law and scorer of a 173, the 99th percentile, on the Law School Admissions Test (LSAT) and a 169.6, roughly the 95th percentile, on the Multistate Bar Exam (MBE) portion of the Uniform Bar Exam (UBE), and prays that this Court enter a declaratory judgment [that a number of federal firearms statutes are unconstitutional].
[59] In order to be the Sovereign, one must be the person in which all rights and power originate, the one from whom all rights are derived. The government is in no way sovereign in relation to true Americans, the Posterity, the lineal bloodline descendants of the Founding Generation, because our rights are not derived from the government, or the Constitution for that matter, but, instead, are inherited and are derived from our lineal bloodline descent from our Founding Generation ancestors, the original Sovereign Body of this country, and the one's [sic] from whom the government derives its rights and power.
[112] Owning machine guns, to wit, ordinary military weapons, is well within Plaintiff’s right to keep and bear arms, Plaintiff’s retained sovereign power, retained by his ancestors for him. Thus, in this case, Plaintiff is the Sovereign, not the government. The government is acting as a usurper of the Posterity’s sovereignty, and traitorously to the trust reposed in it by the Founding Generation and their Posterity.
[320] Being a family of noble and royal descent, and of perennial knightly status, Plaintiff's family and ancestors were part of the class of "greatM[e]n or other lawful person(s) of good repute," …
[328] As Plaintiff's ancestors comprised the knightly class, who were entitled, by virtue of their birth, to keep and bear arms, as the right of keeping and bearing arms had always been an inalienable, private, individual, ancient ancestral right held by them and their antecedents from time immemorial, Plaintiff's ancestors were buried in tombs in the churches of St. Peter's Church in Astley, Worcestershire, and the parish church of Kinlet, Shropshire, St. John the Baptis [sic] Church, upon which rested effigies of said ancestors in full suits of armor and bearing swords, to wit, the ordinary military weapons of their day and age. Thus, even in death, Plaintiff's ancestors bore arms.(emphasis added) :rofl:
[330] No sovereign ever held the power to regulate Plaintiff's ancestors' right of keeping and bearing arms. Plaintiff's ancestors' right existed inviolate.
[381] In addition, statutes which regulated free blacks' keeping and bearing of arms, a privilege, not a right, for such individuals, as they did not possess the ancient, inalienable, absolute, private, individual, ancestral sovereign rights of keeping and bearing arms, at least not as to the Kings of England, our predecessor sovereigns, they not being descended from the ancestral class of rights-holders at common law, all provide that it is well within the right of keeping arms, held by those whom comprised the class of full right-holders, to keep "any military weapon." (emphasis in the original) :sick:
[488] While Plaintiff proceeds pro se in this action, Plaintiff is a lawyer, a graduate of Duke University School of Law and scorer of a 173, the 99th percentile, on the Law School Admissions Test (LSAT) and a 169.6, roughly the 95th percentile, on the Multistate Bar Exam (MBE) portion of the Uniform Bar Exam (UBE), and a 169 on the MBE portion of the Georgia Bar Exam, roughly the 95th percentile on said MBE portions of said Bar Exams.

[489] As such, Plaintiff's time is extremely valuable, Plaintiff charging between $300 and $500 per billable hour for work that he completes for clients as a private practice attorney.

[490] As Plaintiff is one of the most intelligent attorneys in this country, and one of the most competent attorneys in this field of the law, Plaintiff should be allowed to collect attorney's fees in connection with his self-representation in this case, as the very intent of 28 U.S.C. § 2412(b) is to enable United States citizens to vindicate their rights when said rights are unconstitutionally infringed by the federal government. (emphasis added)
chancery
Verified:

Post by chancery »

Here's a newspaper announcement of the opening of Blount's law office.

chancery
Verified:

Post by chancery »

A few reactions from twitter.

https://twitter.com/EricMVallillee/stat ... 612027930
Eric Vallillee
@EricMVallillee
DO NOT INCLUDE YOUR LSAT SCORE IN PLEADINGS #lawtwitter 😶😶😶😶😶

People are already ordering new business cards with Gentleman-Esquire now I hear in response to this
https://twitter.com/Bro_Esq/status/1662089901284761602
Barred and Bearded Retweeted
Bro, Esq.
@Bro_Esq
When I walk into court, I tell the judge I got a 130 on my LSAT. I win almost every objection. I guess it really does work.
https://twitter.com/RilezTweetsEsq/stat ... 562796034
Barred and Bearded
@RilezTweetsEsq

I did an intake this morning. Mid way through the intake I could tell they were on the fence about hiring me. In a last ditch effort to sign up the client I decided to tell them my LSAT score. I was hired immediately. Guess It does work.

Barred and Bearded
@RilezTweetsEsq
Gentlemen-Esquire might actually be the greatest legal mind of our generation.

Machine Learning Kelly
@Undersized_5
I've noted my fourth place in the third grade geography bee. But since we had a class of 200 I just say I was in the 98th percentile

KTG
@ktgriff21
I aced the US & Illinois Constitution exams in HS. That's the moment I knew I would crush antitrust practice 10 years later. I make sure to lead w/that during consults. If they don't seem impressed, I throw in my middle school geography & spelling bee conquests to seal the deal.

OfficialShannonWLocke
@ElLockeLawGroup
Deciding to put my LSAT score in my signature block. Not my actual score, but the score I should have gotten had the test been fair or if I'd guessed correctly
Tiredretiredlawyer
Verified: ✅🐴🐎🦄🌻5000 posts and counting

Post by Tiredretiredlawyer »

:rotflmao:
"Mickey Mouse and I grew up together." - Ruthie Tompson, Disney animation checker and scene planner and one of the first women to become a member of the International Photographers Union in 1952.
northland10
Verified: ✅ I'm me.

Post by northland10 »

This guy seems a little, off.
101010 :towel:
Dave from down under

Post by Dave from down under »

Obviously he is channeling
the Character of Sir John Falstaff from Shakespeare's Henry IV
johnpcapitalist
Verified: ✅ Totally legit!

Post by johnpcapitalist »

chancery wrote: Fri May 26, 2023 7:33 pm So here we have a pro se federal complaint filed by Mark Jerome Johnson Blount, a Georgia lawyer with a Duke University law degree and an ancestor fetish who is also a sovereign citizen gun freak.
COMES NOW, Plaintiff, Mark Jerome Johnson Blount, Gentleman-Esquire, Juris Doctor, graduate of Duke University School of Law and scorer of a 173, the 99th percentile, on the Law School Admissions Test (LSAT) and a 169.6, roughly the 95th percentile, on the Multistate Bar Exam (MBE) portion of the Uniform Bar Exam (UBE), and prays that this Court enter a declaratory judgment [that a number of federal firearms statutes are unconstitutional].
I'm surprised he didn't list "Alpha male" as one of the long list of qualifications he presented. That seems to be the fashion these days among the fragile men of the far right.
Slim Cognito
Verified:

Post by Slim Cognito »

Whaaaaaaaaaa? *High pitched voice*
Pup Dennis in training to be a guide dog & given to a deserving vet. Thx! ImageImageImage x4

Return to “Other weirdos”